The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-23-2014, 09:07 PM   #26
Shananahan
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun View Post
How is it a joke.
Are you worried that there's a chance John Elway is unable to determine quality QB play, or might be unable to identify qualities that lead to success at the position? Do you think there's a chance that you will be able to accurately gauge his abilities in this area?

We're talking about the John Elway that played quarterback for Denver, right?
Shananahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 10:03 PM   #27
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
You do realize that Elway doesn't go scout the recruits, right? And that even the best GMs in the league have at least 3 busts for every hit, right? You actually think it's a legit argument to base his abilities on a single guy he didn't even pick?
What. Didn't you think it was weird when the Broncos picked Sly Williams and not everybody was nutting over themselves over the pick.
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 10:11 PM   #28
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post
Are you worried that there's a chance John Elway is unable to determine quality QB play, or might be unable to identify qualities that lead to success at the position? Do you think there's a chance that you will be able to accurately gauge his abilities in this area?

We're talking about the John Elway that played quarterback for Denver, right?
Well first off we have no proof that Elway can pick a QB our of college. Because none of his college QB's have played a complete game. If playing the game or the position of the game guaranteed anything Dan Marino should have gotten that GM job down in Miami no problem. Matt Millen should have picked the best Linebackers.
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 11:09 PM   #29
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
What. Didn't you think it was weird when the Broncos picked Sly Williams and not everybody was nutting over themselves over the pick.
I've read this 4 times and I feel stupid because I'm still unclear what point you are going for here.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 11:45 PM   #30
extralife
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Well first off we have no proof that Elway can pick a QB our of college. Because none of his college QB's have played a complete game. If playing the game or the position of the game guaranteed anything Dan Marino should have gotten that GM job down in Miami no problem. Matt Millen should have picked the best Linebackers.
marino did actually get the dolphins GM job at one point. he quit after one day. was pretty lol.
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 06:39 AM   #31
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Oh........yea

Quote:
I believe most were excited since he was a projected top 15 pick that fell to us

I remember McShay saying how great of a pick it was
And he played well last year when he got to start so I am not sure why anyone would be disappointed in the pick
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote