The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-22-2014, 10:24 PM   #1
ram40ut
Seasoned Veteran

I am the danger

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default Gase, hit a nerve with Chickens fans

I'm not sure he really believes what he's saying, but in a BR article he says it was nothing Seattle did, but a lack of execution that led to that colossal abortion.

Just reading some of the posts by other fans that read the article, Seattle fans remind me of Florida Gator fans, they think football started in 1990. Chickens fans act like they have been dynasty for a decade. They very well may be a dynasty, but at some point all the rah-rah pep talks, competitive pie eating contests, and playing the dis-respect card to get your toops up for the big game doesn't do it anymore. You have to have talent. Not saying they don't, but I'm not convinced their offense is anything special. The last thing I ever imagined, was that the Bronco defense couldn't get off the field.

Seattle ran into a team decimated by injury, that IMO shot it's wad against New England, and was handicapped by terrible coaching. The Seattle fans were quick to rip on PFM for cheating, throwing nothing but bubble screens, and choking in the big game. Wow, way to go after that low hanging fruit there guys. I'll be the first to cop to the fact that 18 had a tough night, but he was behind the eight ball from the first snap. I would have just liked to have had the defense get off the field on 3rd down and give PFM the ball with good field position at any point in the first half. But the best team won that game, and probably would have won 3 out of 4.

The worst part is they have to play those heathens in Seattle this year, I just hope They don't get a bunch of guys hurt.
ram40ut is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-22-2014, 10:56 PM   #2
rolandftw
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Gase has a point in regards to the lack of execution. However, to say that Seattle's play had nothing to do with it is really doing the Broncos no favors. Got our asses kicked; simple as that. Own the ass kicking, rather then live in denial about it.
rolandftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 11:29 PM   #3
TD4HOF
Perennial Pro-bowler

He's Better Than MJ!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bowlen’s Legacy

That’s total and complete nonsense. The Seahawks were absolutely magnificent. Not saying we couldn’t have made a game out of it if we, y know, didn’t play like a bunch of drunk little girls playing hopscotch on a Salvador Dali pattern. But they played great.
TD4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 04:31 AM   #4
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Credit Seattle's play, some to Denver's execution and a lot to Denver's injuries.
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 04:52 AM   #5
NASurfer
orange/blue

Hungry Playmaker

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

A whole lot of people are just taking Gase's words the wrong way.

He said he made bad playcalls and we were outplayed (executed). That's pretty much getting defeated on every level. Even the Seahawk players have been saying themselves they don't get out of their base stuff a lot.

Even when you're getting your ass kicked sometimes you can just see it coming.
NASurfer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 05:10 AM   #6
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

His overstatements obscure the fact that he is on the right track.

Q: How would you apportion % between: a) Seahawks WON the Big Game, or b) Broncos LOST the Big Game? I think Broncos LOST gets 75%, Seahawks WON 25%. Broncos were a solid three times more responsible for the outcome than Seattle, to wit:
  • The safety was all Broncos
  • Interceptions were both giftwrapped, guys waited for the balls to flutter into them
  • Harvin's KO return was almost a straight line, never strayed more than 4-5 yards from the left hash - only guy he juked was Prater
  • There were 10 missed tackles on the two offensive TDs. Pinball Kearse bounced off 5 orange jerseys.

Seahawks had a great defense, fine. But not THAT great. Manning transcended every defense he faced all year, setting new all-time records in almost every passing, scoring and yardage category. Seahawks were not twice the defense than any other team ... sure, they caught the balls that fluttered in, and dutifully ran in the right direction as they bounced of would-be tacklers., and they are the champions. But their defense most certainly was not the same caliber of historic unit that the Broncos offense was.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 05:39 AM   #7
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Pleeeease, Broncos lost the Super Bowl far more than the Seahawks won it. The proof ... just examine the 18 games leading up to the Super Bowl. You can forget about Peyton throwing MORE Ints than TDs in a game. In fact, forget the idea he even threw the same number of TDs and Ints in any game:
  1. Manning threw more td's than Ints in ALL 18 games - Super Bowl: 1 TD 2 Int
  2. Offense scored in ALL 36 halfs, lowest was 7 and 10 (twice each) Super Bowl: 0 first half, 8 second

The night-and-day difference between each and every of the 18 games preceding it, and the Super Bowl itself, simply cannot be explained by pointing to the Seahawks defense. Especially in light of the four bulleted points in my previous post. Call it a "bad day," call it a karma, their horoscope, call it a choke if you must. But don't pretend the Seahawks defense was some kind of legendary buzzsaw, destined to slice up the greatest offense in football history, when and wherever they might have met. It's insulting.
Old 06-23-2014, 05:58 AM   #8
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD4HOF View Post
That’s total and complete nonsense. The Seahawks were absolutely magnificent.
What?! When, where?

They won, fair and square, they were the better team. But they did it in calm, stand your ground and don't screw up style, not in "thundering magnificence from above" style. The interceptors looked like punt returners waiting on kicks ... Malcolm Smith almost signaled for a fair catch.
Old 06-23-2014, 06:46 AM   #9
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
Pleeeease, Broncos lost the Super Bowl far more than the Seahawks won it. The proof ... just examine the 18 games leading up to the Super Bowl. You can forget about Peyton throwing MORE Ints than TDs in a game. In fact, forget the idea he even threw the same number of TDs and Ints in any game:
  2. Offense scored in ALL 36 halfs, lowest was 7 and 10 (twice each) Super Bowl: 0 first half, 8 second

The night-and-day difference between each and every of the 18 games preceding it, and the Super Bowl itself, simply cannot be explained by pointing to the Seahawks defense. Especially in light of the four bulleted points in my previous post. Call it a "bad day," call it a karma, their horoscope, call it a choke if you must. But don't pretend the Seahawks defense was some kind of legendary buzzsaw, destined to slice up the greatest offense in football history, when and wherever they might have met. It's insulting.
"The night-and-day difference between each and every of the 18 games preceding it, and the Super Bowl itself, simply cannot be explained by pointing to the Seahawks defense."

The Seattle defense came to play. Your statement here does shore up the fact that Seattle's defense was all over Denver. They may not be the greatest of all time but if you want to talk execution, they did it. Your statement and Gase's also point to what I believe happened. The Broncos were not prepared in any way for that game. See John Fox.

Gase was right on about Seattle's offense. They are not anything special. But when playing a defense that wasn't anything special, including the 18 games leading up to the big one, they're going to look special. Why we need a defense that shows up and executes like Seattle's did.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 06:57 AM   #10
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Gee Seattle, I am sorry you are upset about some coach speak. It's probably rough to hear it after winning the god damn super bowl.

I swear, their fan base is just stupid. But but, RESPECT US! Shut up.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 07:09 AM   #11
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

We had a bad game, but it wouldn't have mattered even if we didn't.

That said, Seattle fans are the must insufferable blow-hards on the internet right now. They have inferiority complexes because their team is so far away from the east coast they get ignored. So like Patriot fans who pretend the NFL started in 2000, Seattle fans like to pretend the NFL started in 2010.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 07:13 AM   #12
randerson1184
Camp Arm

Super Bowl 49 champs or bust.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kayvon Webster

The first INT was all Peyton. Seattle brought a 6 man blitz which Peyton stepped up through, but he badly missed JT. The second INT was caused by Seattle's pass rush. It was either Avril or Bennett that hit Manning's arm and misdirected the pass. Moreno didn't appear to make much effort to come back to the ball, but that play doesn't happen without Seattle's pass rush.

Their pass rush was probably the biggest factor in the first half. Manning could never follow through with his throwing motion. It didn't help that we more/less abandoned the run after we went down by 15 points.

When we go up there in week 3, I think we need to make a commitment to the run and slow that pass rush via play-action.
randerson1184 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 07:24 AM   #13
Shananahan
Custom User Title

You're on some flip shit, Buff. Way off.
Shananahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 07:38 AM   #14
DENVERDUI55
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

There is no mystery to what happened in the Superbowl. Denver came out with zero game and played the worst game of the year. Seattle played their best game in all 3 phases. Denver played like a pro golfer in the final group of a major who shoots 82.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 08:10 AM   #15
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Well, if all goes as planned, we will be playing these turds three times this year. Forget all the talk, we'll see what we are made of after those contests.
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 08:21 AM   #16
LonghornBronco
Ring of Famer

Hook'em Horns

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore

Their Horse Hose envy goes back a long... way.
LonghornBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 08:32 AM   #17
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

I think it was brilliant on the part of Elway to arrange to play Seattle in pre season assuming teams still do the own pre season scheduling. Lets get this intimidation factor out of the way in preseason or learn how far behind the champs we really are.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 08:37 AM   #18
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
I think it was brilliant on the part of Elway to arrange to play Seattle in pre season assuming teams still do the own pre season scheduling. Lets get this intimidation factor out of the way in preseason or learn how far behind the champs we really are.
I thought it was based on regions so teams don't travel across country.

Edit. Teams do have the power to pick their opponents. Regions are factored in as Arizona is the only other mountain zone team, and we play them every preseason.

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic2; 06-23-2014 at 08:41 AM..
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 09:06 AM   #19
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Sour grapes.

Seattle dominated this game from start to finish. There was not even a turning point that anyone could point to, the entire game was the turning point. At no point were the Hawks in danger of losing. If it makes you sleep better, Gase, go with it.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 09:10 AM   #20
DENVERDUI55
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Doesn't Denver play Seattle in preseason pretty much every year?
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 09:24 AM   #21
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
We had a bad game, but it wouldn't have mattered even if we didn't.

That said, Seattle fans are the must insufferable blow-hards on the internet right now. They have inferiority complexes because their team is so far away from the east coast they get ignored. So like Patriot fans who pretend the NFL started in 2000, Seattle fans like to pretend the NFL started in 2010.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 12:57 PM   #22
BroncsRule
Perennial Pro-bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post

Well, when you S#$t the bed that bad, on the world's biggest stage, you're probably going to get insulted.

...and you have it coming.
BroncsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 01:01 PM   #23
BroncsRule
Perennial Pro-bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Assassin27 View Post
Sour grapes.

Seattle dominated this game from start to finish. There was not even a turning point that anyone could point to, the entire game was the turning point. At no point were the Hawks in danger of losing. If it makes you sleep better, Gase, go with it.
The turning point was the first snap.
BroncsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 01:03 PM   #24
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Hopefully our pass rush lays some serious pain on qbs this yr. Take out the QB and you win almost every game. Get the scared of getting blindsided and the rest takes care of itself by just playing smart.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 01:12 PM   #25
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Seattle was just a better team from top to bottom that day
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote