The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2014, 10:38 AM   #176
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss I. View Post
I don't think he's cutting edge, but he's more fun to watch then fart jokes, black dudes dressing up in fat suits, white dudes b****ing about their nagging wives or the other tried and trued used steretypes in most comedy these days. What I do think is funny is that Fox News keeps taking him seriously and in the beginning a few complete dumbass newsources quoted him as support. He's a parody. That's all the Stephen Colbert show is and it's meant to work in tandem with Jon Stewart who is openly mocking politicians mostly the conservatives but he does lobby at Obama too but he doesn't have to be impartial, he's comedian, not a news anchor.
Yes, the John Stewart show used to have Colbert as a roving reporter and that was funny. It was also the time of Bush and so that tandem worked. However, neither Stewart nor Colbert are making the BO administration the brunt of their jokes as they did Bush. Again, they are not equal opportunity comedians. If either one of these guys gave half the crap to progressives (who are much more of a joke anyway) that they do conservatives, I might give them more slack.

Also, the reason Fox News pays attention to Colbert (just guessing here, I may be wrong) is probably because Colbert makes fun of Fox News? Also, I read an article about 4-5 years ago that said kiddys in high school actually watched Colbert and Stewart for their news. So, our truly uneducated kids actually take Stewart and Colbert seriously. Who's the joke on now?

Last edited by Tombstone RJ; 06-28-2014 at 10:43 AM..
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 10:55 AM   #177
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
Yes, the John Stewart show used to have Colbert as a roving reporter and that was funny. It was also the time of Bush and so that tandem worked. However, neither Stewart nor Colbert are making the BO administration the brunt of their jokes as they did Bush. Again, they are not equal opportunity comedians. If either one of these guys gave half the crap to progressives (who are much more of a joke anyway) that they do conservatives, I might give them more slack.

Also, the reason Fox News pays attention to Colbert (just guessing here, I may be wrong) is probably because Colbert makes fun of Fox News? Also, I read an article about 4-5 years ago that said kiddys in high school actually watched Colbert and Stewart for their news. So, our truly uneducated kids actually take Stewart and Colbert seriously. Who's the joke on now?

Stewart has mocked Obama. One of the reasons I like the dude. If its screwed up, he says it; regardless of his personal political leanings.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 10:56 AM   #178
Miss I.
Ring of Famer

Quote:

COMEDIANS! THEY ARE COMEDIANS! They are not required to be Bipartisan. They don't have to be objective. You don't ask Louis CK or Chris Rock or any other comedian to tailor their act to equal opportunity make fun of all of them do you? It is their shtick and it makes them money and so long as it does and gets them ratings they will play that. Nobody wants to see Tom Cruise do anything but action movies because that's what he's actually semicompetent act. Jon Stewart and Colbert play to their strengths. And while I think Stewart has gone even further left than he started, he does in fact quite frequently mock Obama, his handling of issues in middleast and Obamacare. And he used to have McCain on very frequently until the guy lost his marbles.

At any rate, as far as Fox News taking a comedian seriously, you really don't see why that is stupid? The fact that a supposed new organization devotes any time, ANY TIME at all to addressing a Comedian directly during their "news" makes them idiots and only feeds his audience and him more material. But I suppose that's the point, it makes them more relevant if they can be in more of the spotlight.

As for the uneducated kids who may or may not be taking them seriously as purported I am sure in a very reputable and extensive survey with verifiable data, even if that is true, the joke isn't on Jon Stewart or Colbert, it's on the country's failure to both educate it's children and on the media for failing to provide useful information not tainted by their bull**** on both sides of the fence. And the 24-7 news cycle has only worsened this because now rumors become facts without much if any verification just so outlets can be FIRST to break a story. But I've wasted enough time on a topic that clearly doesn't belong in this thread to begin with and right now I am a little sad because it's abundantly clear we have a nation of idiots who are ill-educated and lack a sense of humor about themselves or the world around them.
Miss I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 11:04 AM   #179
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
COMEDIANS! THEY ARE COMEDIANS! They are not required to be Bipartisan. They don't have to be objective. You don't ask Louis CK or Chris Rock or any other comedian to tailor their act to equal opportunity make fun of all of them do you? It is their shtick and it makes them money and so long as it does and gets them ratings they will play that. Nobody wants to see Tom Cruise do anything but action movies because that's what he's actually semicompetent act. Jon Stewart and Colbert play to their strengths. And while I think Stewart has gone even further left than he started, he does in fact quite frequently mock Obama, his handling of issues in middleast and Obamacare. And he used to have McCain on very frequently until the guy lost his marbles.

At any rate, as far as Fox News taking a comedian seriously, you really don't see why that is stupid? The fact that a supposed new organization devotes any time, ANY TIME at all to addressing a Comedian directly during their "news" makes them idiots and only feeds his audience and him more material. But I suppose that's the point, it makes them more relevant if they can be in more of the spotlight.

As for the uneducated kids who may or may not be taking them seriously as purported I am sure in a very reputable and extensive survey with verifiable data, even if that is true, the joke isn't on Jon Stewart or Colbert, it's on the country's failure to both educate it's children and on the media for failing to provide useful information not tainted by their bull**** on both sides of the fence. And the 24-7 news cycle has only worsened this because now rumors become facts without much if any verification just so outlets can be FIRST to break a story. But I've wasted enough time on a topic that clearly doesn't belong in this thread to begin with and right now I am a little sad because it's abundantly clear we have a nation of idiots who are ill-educated and lack a sense of humor about themselves or the world around them.

Goes both ways. rush is a talk show host. Yet the left consider him more influential on what happens in Washington/country than the ACTUAL politicians who are there. A talk show host.

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic2; 06-28-2014 at 11:08 AM..
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 11:14 AM   #180
Miss I.
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
Goes both ways. rush is a talk show host. Yet the left consider him more influential on what happens in Washington/country than the ACTUAL politicians who are there. A talk show host.
No it really doesn't work the same. Both Stewart and Colbert are ON COMEDY CENTRAL. Limbaugh and O'Reilly are actually hired to talk to politics in a news surrounding. Stewart and Colbert are hired to be funny, politics is their primary focus for their humor, but they could've gone general pop culture or be a comedian who focuses on the humor found in family, etc, but they chose to use news and politics as the thing they base their humor, but they are COMEDIANS not talk show hosts. But assuming you want to go that "Talk Show" Host route, exactly who was expecting Oprah, Ellen, Leno, Letterman or Kimmel or Conan to be neutral or bipartisan?

But I don't think Rush has that much influence, I think he's paid talking head who found his best audience in conservatives so he plays that record until it dies. Why doesn't he have to be unbiased if he's supposed to be an actual influence? nobody expects him to be, so why should COMEDIANS?
Miss I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 11:20 AM   #181
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
No it really doesn't work the same. Both Stewart and Colbert are ON COMEDY CENTRAL. Limbaugh and O'Reilly are actually hired to talk to politics in a news surrounding. Stewart and Colbert are hired to be funny, politics is their primary focus for their humor, but they could've gone general pop culture or be a comedian who focuses on the humor found in family, etc, but they chose to use news and politics as the thing they base their humor, but they are COMEDIANS not talk show hosts. But assuming you want to go that "Talk Show" Host route, exactly who was expecting Oprah, Ellen, Leno, Letterman or Kimmel or Conan to be neutral or bipartisan?

But I don't think Rush has that much influence, I think he's paid talking head who found his best audience in conservatives so he plays that record until it dies. Why doesn't he have to be unbiased if he's supposed to be an actual influence? nobody expects him to be, so why should COMEDIANS?

Obama himself proclaims huge influence rush has. He's just a talk show host for a radio show to me. Rush is no different than Randhi Rhodes, yet no one complains about her. Talk show hosts/comedians are in the same catagory to me. A news anchor for ABC/NBC is different IMO.

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic2; 06-28-2014 at 11:24 AM..
Old 06-28-2014, 11:26 AM   #182
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Obama himself proclaims huge influence rush has. He's just a talk show host for a radio show to me. Rush is no different than Randhi Rhodes, yet no one complains about her. Talk show hosts/comedians are in the same catagory to me. A news anchor for ABC/NBC is different IMO.
Somebody did because she was asked to quit her show about 2 months ago. She is no longer on the air.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 11:28 AM   #183
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
Somebody did because she was asked to quit her show about 2 months ago. She is no longer on the air.
I wondered what happened. I thought she retired? Was it forced?
Old 06-28-2014, 01:04 PM   #184
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Difference is most conservatives admit that is who they are, so you know that is their point of view, while many liberals like to hide and claim they are objective and not biased.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 05:34 PM   #185
Guess Who
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM

Quote:
does Colbert ever criticize the BO administration? Serious question because I never watch his show...
He criticizes Obama every show. He is like O'Reilly you would like him.
Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 05:36 PM   #186
Guess Who
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM

Quote:
I have never even heard of Randhi Rhodes. Did she call Sandra Fluke a slut because she went to Capital Hill to talk about birth control?
Old 06-28-2014, 05:46 PM   #187
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess Who View Post
I have never even heard of Randhi Rhodes. Did she call Sandra Fluke a slut because she went to Capital Hill to talk about birth control?
Precise description IMO

Not sure if she called that chick a slut or not, but she did call Hillary Clinton a "****ing whore" for not being left enough.
Old 06-28-2014, 08:20 PM   #188
Guess Who
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM

Quote:
Precise description IMO

Not sure if she called that chick a slut or not, but she did call Hillary Clinton a "****ing whore" for not being left enough.
She sounds interesting, I might have to look her up on youtube. Thanks!!!!
Old 06-28-2014, 08:44 PM   #189
Guess Who
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM

Quote:
Precise description IMO

Green 960 says that a Right-winged blogger took the video they had on their website and edited it and taking the quote out of context.,

Republicans always have to lie and cheat.

Old 06-28-2014, 08:49 PM   #190
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess Who View Post
Green 960 says that a Right-winged blogger took the video they had on their website and edited it and taking the quote out of context.,

Republicans always have to lie and cheat.

Lol you think that's the only time she's called her that? Even rhodes fans knows how much she doesn't like her. She also b****ed about franken and Rachel Maddow when leaving radio.
Old 06-28-2014, 08:52 PM   #191
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Lol you think that's the only time she's called her that? Even rhodes fans knows how much she doesn't like her. She also b****ed about franken and Rachel Maddow when leaving radio.
I like her already!
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 08:58 PM   #192
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
I like her already!
She's a nutcase. Whines and cries about anyone criticizing Obama. Looks like her latest quitting disaster is due to horrible ratings. Poor gal, she's just gonna have to yell louder when calling everyone racists now.
Old 06-28-2014, 09:58 PM   #193
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
She's a nutcase. Whines and cries about anyone criticizing Obama. Looks like her latest quitting disaster is due to horrible ratings. Poor gal, she's just gonna have to yell louder when calling everyone racists now.
She LIKES Obama

Yes she must be crazy..
Old 06-28-2014, 11:26 PM   #194
Guess Who
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM

Sounds like she needs to replace one of the afternoon yayhoos on MSNBC in the afternoon. I'd give her a try.
Old 06-28-2014, 11:31 PM   #195
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

There's been a number of political talk show hosts who turned their fan bases off when they felt a number of other politicians, or really anyone, wasn't towing the line for their pet politician. Savage is a great example. He got more and more extreme and complained how everyone sucked. This guy didn't like anything. Then he told a fake caller he hoped they get AIDS and die. I really hate that guy.

Last edited by Kaylore; 06-28-2014 at 11:34 PM..
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 06:14 PM   #196
Chrissy Rules
Ring of Famer

Git er done

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PM OF COURSE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
There's been a number of political talk show hosts who turned their fan bases off when they felt a number of other politicians, or really anyone, wasn't towing the line for their pet politician. Savage is a great example. He got more and more extreme and complained how everyone sucked. This guy didn't like anything. Then he told a fake caller he hoped they get AIDS and die. I really hate that guy.
gotta love some Sean Hannity..
Chrissy Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 10:11 AM   #197
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
If she was on liberal radio, she will need to yell loud enough for everyone to actually hear it directly from her because no one is listening to liberal radio.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 10:51 AM   #198
Bronco Yoda

Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 11:02 AM   #199
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

All I did was ask her how old her children are, no need to throw rocks at me;

Last edited by baja; 06-30-2014 at 11:04 AM..
Old 06-30-2014, 11:10 AM   #200
kamakazi_kal

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mayhem Miller

I hate myself sometimes .... that count?
kamakazi_kal is offline   Reply With Quote