The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-24-2014, 04:33 PM   #151
Bronc0guy
Struttin' that ass

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cody Latimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Funna and Hella? Sounds as sad as Gretchen trying to make "Fetch" happen
Four for you Glenn Cocoa, you go Glenn Cocoa!
Bronc0guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 05:28 PM   #152
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Speaking of Butts & Boob Mojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
My dad let me watch that one when I was around 8. Clearly, he's going to hell.
I must have been around 6 when I saw that movie. Scariest movie I've ever seen in my life. I had nightmares about seaweed people.
Jason in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 07:26 PM   #153
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
Meh, that's what ignore is for.
My list is 11 and growing!
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 08:27 PM   #154
Bronc0guy
Struttin' that ass

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cody Latimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos_OTM View Post
Damn man!
Old 06-25-2014, 04:35 AM   #155
Punisher
®WOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Money to Burn WOOOO®

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7

Lol what a loser making a "vent thread" for bronco nerds. Just go on POF and look for some p***Y instead of wasting your time on this forum.
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 05:08 AM   #156
Miss I.
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
Lol what a loser making a "vent thread" for bronco nerds. Just go on POF and look for some p***Y instead of wasting your time on this forum.
well aren't you a little ray of sunshine this morning.

And dude, didn't you write a "Dear OM" Thread about leaving forever that they roasted you for, so I don't know that you can be b****ing at this OP for this thread. Nor can I for that matter since I throw a hissy fit every other week and make declarations of how I am never coming back and then I always do. Pretty sure I am either a masochist or brain damaged, or possibly both. On the other hand I've gotten some awesome movies from you so that makes you pretty all right in my book, but I have low standards.
Miss I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 05:09 AM   #157
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos_OTM View Post
41, but I think most of them are not even posting anymore.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 05:15 AM   #158
Punisher
®WOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Money to Burn WOOOO®

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss I. View Post
well aren't you a little ray of sunshine this morning.

And dude, didn't you write a "Dear OM" Thread about leaving forever that they roasted you for, so I don't know that you can be b****ing at this OP for this thread. Nor can I for that matter since I throw a hissy fit every other week and make declarations of how I am never coming back and then I always do. Pretty sure I am either a masochist or brain damaged, or possibly both. On the other hand I've gotten some awesome movies from you so that makes you pretty all right in my book, but I have low standards.
Yup She wants me
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 05:48 AM   #159
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
And look who's venting in this thread. Pot Kettle Bronco Nerd
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 06:44 AM   #160
SleepingTiger
Ring of Famer

Ole J

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tony Carter

i found out long ago that if i wanted to stay friendly on the mane is to stay away from the WRP forum, gameday threads and dont bother logging in on this forum after a loss.

one of the things i found out about this forum is what people post doesn't reflect the type of person they really are. on the WRP, i hated tailgatenut, guy was about as close minded as you can get. i thought he was the biggest dbags. then i heard that he was absolutely a blast to hang out with. he is a very generous and gracious host at his tailgate parties. So, i try not to take anything personal on this forum and try to be friendly to everyone.
SleepingTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 02:41 PM   #161
Bronc0guy
Struttin' that ass

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cody Latimer

Quote:
Says the guy with over 7,000 posts.
Old 06-25-2014, 02:50 PM   #162
kamakazi_kal

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mayhem Miller

bob is a douche.

end rant.
kamakazi_kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 05:02 PM   #163
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
41, but I think most of them are not even posting anymore.
I'm getting to old to really need get worked up by trolls. I'm sure my list will get bigger
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 02:40 PM   #164
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I am honestly surprised at some of the angst you produce.
Actually, I know what it is. Sounds funny, but it's the avatar.

The Colbert Report premiered about a month after I signed up here ... I love good deadpan satire - Bob and Ray, Smothers Bros, Phil Hendrie, Sacha Baron Cohen. It's amazing how Colbert delivers 22 minutes of satirical-deadpan perfection every night, in character. About that same time I started spending lots and lots of time here - (not crazy-posting like ludo or anything, just a tasteful average of three hours and 12.74 ppd). So right away I started with the Colbert avatars, and the alter-ego behavior ... and it kind of took on a life of its own. I feel compelled to try something with damn near every post, and the satirical bent does anger some people.

Colbert angered lots of folks at first, too (especially conservative columnists who mistakenly quoted "him" to support their positions). Colbert pokes at everybody, pokes even harder if they can't take a joke. But everybody realized fairly quickly it was satire. Me, I poke at people, too, and at ideas and opinions. Problem is, I'm not funny like Colbert ... his humor hits the mark maybe 88% of the time, I hit maybe 8-point-8 percent of the time. Without the laughs, the style seems more pompous and insulting.

And that's it. I bet you'd find people who like me also understand Christopher Guest movies and the other comedy I listed above, and the people who dislike me don't care for them. The terminally serious.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 09:54 PM   #165
Guess Who
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post

The Colbert Report premiered about a month after I signed up here ... I love good deadpan satire - Bob and Ray, Smothers Bros, Phil Hendrie, Sacha Baron Cohen. It's amazing how Colbert delivers 22 minutes of satirical-deadpan perfection every night, in character. About that same time I started spending lots and lots of time here - (not crazy-posting like ludo or anything, just a tasteful average of three hours and 12.74 ppd). So right away I started with the Colbert avatars, and the alter-ego behavior ... and it kind of took on a life of its own. I feel compelled to try something with damn near every post, and the satirical bent does anger some people.

Colbert angered lots of folks at first, too (especially conservative columnists who mistakenly quoted "him" to support their positions). Colbert pokes at everybody, pokes even harder if they can't take a joke. But everybody realized fairly quickly it was satire. Me, I poke at people, too, and at ideas and opinions. Problem is, I'm not funny like Colbert ... his humor hits the mark maybe 88% of the time, I hit maybe 8-point-8 percent of the time. Without the laughs, the style seems more pompous and insulting.

And that's it. I bet you'd find people who like me also understand Christopher Guest movies and the other comedy I listed above, and the people who dislike me don't care for them. The terminally serious.
Tonight he interviewed Paul Rudd not in his "Colbert character" and gave a sneak peek of what his new show was going to look like.
Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 04:08 PM   #166
Bronc0guy
Struttin' that ass

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cody Latimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess Who View Post
Tonight he interviewed Paul Rudd not in his "Colbert character" and gave a sneak peek of what his new show was going to look like.
And how was it? I'm a little skeptical myself.
Old 06-28-2014, 01:18 AM   #167
Guess Who
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronc0guy View Post
And how was it? I'm a little skeptical myself.
Colbert was talking about how Paul was nice to his kids and stuff. It was good but not terribly funny. Although they did go off on some subjects that were pretty funny and a little uncomfortable...lol

Here is the full episode.

http://thecolbertreport.cc.com/full-...14---paul-rudd
Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 08:07 AM   #168
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

CBS is taking such a massive gamble ... might be unprecedented for such a highly visible position. Reality is every host's personality/likeability - sometimes called his "Q Score" - is of paramount importance. Networks spend small fortunes on Q research, because the audience must like and relate to a host, or his show will flop faster than you can say Stephen Stephen Chevy Chase.

Here though, there is zero data. We don't know this guy at all ... we only know Colb-Air and maybe the uptight teacher on Strangers With Candy. I wasn't reassured by the Paul Rudd interview, the guest seemed a bit uneasy ... had to awkwardly retract a comment that made him sound weird. Colbert had a kind of wide-eyed grin I'd never seen before ... kinda gushed about what a nice guy Rudd is, then had a clever question, "Are you really a nice guy, or just a bad guy who's a good actor?"

Made me think of this clip, my question is: "Is Paul Rudd really an obnoxious jerk, or just a nice guy who's a really good actor?"

BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 08:19 AM   #169
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post

I love Steven Colbert. Unfortunately, you're just far too annoying for even that to help.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 10:07 AM   #170
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

does Colbert ever criticize the BO administration? Serious question because I never watch his show...
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 10:10 AM   #171
Miss I.
Ring of Famer

Tombstone, he's a comedian. His show is a satiric send up of conservative blowhards like Rush Limbaugh or Bill OReilly so he plays the persona of a conservative blaming everything on Obama while worshipping Ronald Reagan, but it's more a spoof that illustrates the fallacy of most of the media things. It's hilarious if one has a sense of humor that grasps what he's doing. The fact that his show and Jon Stewart's air on Comedy Central should maybe be a clue to people not to take it seriously, but score one for Fox News for being idiots and taking it personally and talking about it during supposedly real news broadcasts.
Old 06-28-2014, 10:13 AM   #172
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
does Colbert ever criticize the BO administration? Serious question because I never watch his show...
He gives him free passes by sarcastically blaming him for everything.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 10:23 AM   #173
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss I. View Post
Tombstone, he's a comedian. His show is a satiric send up of conservative blowhards like Rush Limbaugh or Bill OReilly so he plays the persona of a conservative blaming everything on Obama while worshipping Ronald Reagan, but it's more a spoof that illustrates the fallacy of most of the media things. It's hilarious if one has a sense of humor that grasps what he's doing. The fact that his show and Jon Stewart's air on Comedy Central should maybe be a clue to people not to take it seriously, but score one for Fox News for being idiots and taking it personally and talking about it during supposedly real news broadcasts.
I actually watched Colbert about what, 10 years ago or so? He's been around a long time, he's nothing new. But his schtick is tiring and only one dimensional people think he's funny or new or cutting edge.
Old 06-28-2014, 10:29 AM   #174
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Also, there's a reason shows like South Park appeal to such a wider audience than Colbert. South Park is an equal opportunity show in that it makes fun of progressives and conservatives. Colbert, on the other hand, is not an equal opportunity comedian. He's decidedly political. Saturday Night Live has survived for what, 40 years or so because they too are more of an equal opportunity comedy show. For me, Colbert has lost his appeal because he actually takes himself seriously. He's that stupid.
Old 06-28-2014, 10:29 AM   #175
Miss I.
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
I actually watched Colbert about what, 10 years ago or so? He's been around a long time, he's nothing new. But his schtick is tiring and only one dimensional people think he's funny or new or cutting edge.
I don't think he's cutting edge, but he's more fun to watch then fart jokes, black dudes dressing up in fat suits, white dudes b****ing about their nagging wives or the other tried and trued used steretypes in most comedy these days. What I do think is funny is that Fox News keeps taking him seriously and in the beginning a few complete dumbass newsources quoted him as support. He's a parody. That's all the Stephen Colbert show is and it's meant to work in tandem with Jon Stewart who is openly mocking politicians mostly the conservatives but he does lobby at Obama too but he doesn't have to be impartial, he's comedian, not a news anchor.