The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-22-2014, 02:38 PM   #51
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

I love the pieces we added via FA and this years draft. But I'm also looking forward to a few pieces we drafted a few years ago that didn't quite get things going due to injuries. Sorta like how we saw JT blossom this past year. He was injured quite a bit his first 2 years. I really look forward to seeing what Smith and Carter can do this year.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 02:41 PM   #52
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
You know what's ironic? The Chief fans over at Chiefs Planet have almost all pretty much come out with that take. At first, when we signed Manning it was just "Break Manning's neck" because it was fragile so only "a normal sack" would be required since they really believed his spine was made of paper mache.

Eventually many of them started coming right out and just asking their players to intentionally injure ours just to give themselves a chance. Now most are just counting down until Manning retires. It's like they don't even want to try because after Manning's gone, then it's "their time."
Haven't we been hearing that from Raider fans for like 10 years, lol.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 08:05 PM   #53
Traveler
Traveling Man!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
I love the pieces we added via FA and this years draft. But I'm also looking forward to a few pieces we drafted a few years ago that didn't quite get things going due to injuries. Sorta like how we saw JT blossom this past year. He was injured quite a bit his first 2 years. I really look forward to seeing what Smith and Carter can do this year.
I've got hunch the rookie we drafted unexpectedly wins the RT spot before seasons end. Ryan Miller is my dark horse candidate to fill the position and I too am looking forward to seeing what he can do. On the defensive side, I'll be keeping an eye on Marvin Austin.
Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 09:03 PM   #54
Shananahan
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
I've got hunch the rookie we drafted unexpectedly wins the RT spot before seasons end.
Is it based on anything?
Shananahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 11:25 PM   #55
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post
Is it based on anything?
it makes some sense. If Franklin wins the RG spot, and Clady is healthy, the rookie would only have to beat out Chris Clark who isn't that powerful. I guess maybe Painter is on some peoples radar also?

Clark may be best used as a bkup to Clady. It's great he didn't tank but he is still no Clady.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 11:32 PM   #56
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
it makes some sense. If Franklin wins the RG spot, and Clady is healthy, the rookie would only have to beat out Chris Clark who isn't that powerful. I guess maybe Painter is on some peoples radar also?

Clark may be best used as a bkup to Clady. It's great he didn't tank but he is still no Clady.
I think Winston Justice may be a possibility as well.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 01:36 AM   #57
Guess Who
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
According to the search function the first three posters that suggested Smith was Dedhed, bigdawg26, and req. Both big and req wanted him in the 5th round.
It is not who was there first, it is who is there last and I will be promoting this guy long after his Broncos' days are done
Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 03:41 AM   #58
Traveler
Traveling Man!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Quote:
Is it based on anything?
Nah, not really. Just have this feeling.
Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 03:52 AM   #59
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMORE View Post
It was a long running joke that MED called it, because it got a great reaction out of me and for awhile I constantly took the bate.
Look it up.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 04:10 AM   #60
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
For awhile?
Right? I don't remember, or care, who called Smith. I remember him catching my eye before I had seen any discussion here about him, but who cares (other than than the obvious). I'm excited to see what he can bring.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 06:47 AM   #61
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
Yep.....and Lerentee McCray. Kid was doing really well last preseason before his injury.
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote