The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2014, 05:59 PM   #26
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,851
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Why yes they will cutthemdown.
I hope they injure people. Then I can come in and say oh man I am so happy they broke his friggin neck. I hope he can't play again. Then everyone can get all pissed off and ban me until the next week.

Good times baja good times!
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 06:00 PM   #27
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,851
Default

Waaaa! Cuthemdown it's just a game wishing injury on people is wrong and mean.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 08:47 PM   #28
Kaylore
Because I am better
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 46,351

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Wishing someone to get injured for any reason, but especially a game, makes you a total a-hole, Cut.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 09:01 PM   #29
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,390
Default

I hope this defense becomes very intimidating.....where the opposing offense looks across the line of scrimmage and already knows they're about to get smacked around
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 07:51 AM   #30
Hamrob
All-American!
 
Hamrob's Avatar
 
All-American!

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: DFW
Posts: 5,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

Personally, I hope there are a couple guys we can trade for 4th or 5th round picks. We do have a pretty deep roster. If some of these guys play well in the preseason...who knows.

I'm really interested to see a guy like Ryan Miller play. This guy played his way into a starting role on the Browns before his concussion. We picked him up off the scrap heap. Same thing with Marvin Austin. Not bad when you can get quality depth like that and very little cost. If they play well...they'll be solid depth or trade bate.
Hamrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 08:00 AM   #31
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.
 
TheElusiveKyleOrton's Avatar
 
Touched By God

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 10,748
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Wishing someone to get injured for any reason, but especially a game, makes you a total a-hole, Cut.
It's also superduper bad karma.
__________________
Nobody puts Jay-bee in the corner.
TheElusiveKyleOrton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 08:04 AM   #32
baja
Happy camper
 
baja's Avatar
 
Sweet

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 59,999

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware
Default

There is an important factor that is not being considered when speaking of players like Pot Roast that come in as failed players and light it up for us. Sure coaching is part of it but knowing you have a real shot at a championship is a heavy motivator. Hopefully players such as Marvin Austin will react the same.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 02:47 PM   #33
Shananahan
Custom User Title
 
Shananahan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,204
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamrob View Post
Personally, I hope there are a couple guys we can trade for 4th or 5th round picks. We do have a pretty deep roster. If some of these guys play well in the preseason...who knows.

I'm really interested to see a guy like Ryan Miller play. This guy played his way into a starting role on the Browns before his concussion. We picked him up off the scrap heap. Same thing with Marvin Austin. Not bad when you can get quality depth like that and very little cost. If they play well...they'll be solid depth or trade bate.
Depth is key. If they're not going to make the team, then obviously they should be traded if possible, but otherwise hell no.

I want this team as loaded as possible.
Shananahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 03:22 PM   #34
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer
 
LikeABoss5820's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 2,407

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post
Depth is key. If they're not going to make the team, then obviously they should be traded if possible, but otherwise hell no.

I want this team as loaded as possible.
This.

We saw last year how much depth mattered, cant be loaded everywhere but i wouldnt trade someone just because they may not start right away.
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 03:31 PM   #35
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue
 
Drunken.Broncoholic2's Avatar
 
OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Carmel, Ca
Posts: 6,567

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
I hope this defense becomes very intimidating.....where the opposing offense looks across the line of scrimmage and already knows they're about to get smacked around
Add in the pressure they feel before a game knowing they'll have to keep up with our offense.

Team is legit.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 06:36 PM   #36
Kaylore
Because I am better
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 46,351

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
It's also superduper bad karma.
You know what's ironic? The Chief fans over at Chiefs Planet have almost all pretty much come out with that take. At first, when we signed Manning it was just "Break Manning's neck" because it was fragile so only "a normal sack" would be required since they really believed his spine was made of paper mache.

Eventually many of them started coming right out and just asking their players to intentionally injure ours just to give themselves a chance. Now most are just counting down until Manning retires. It's like they don't even want to try because after Manning's gone, then it's "their time."
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 07:04 PM   #37
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
Where is Amazon!

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 35,454

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
You know what's ironic? The Chief fans over at Chiefs Planet have almost all pretty much come out with that take. At first, when we signed Manning it was just "Break Manning's neck" because it was fragile so only "a normal sack" would be required since they really believed his spine was made of paper mache.

Eventually many of them started coming right out and just asking their players to intentionally injure ours just to give themselves a chance. Now most are just counting down until Manning retires. It's like they don't even want to try because after Manning's gone, then it's "their time."
It hasn't been their time in 44 years
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 07:19 PM   #38
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.
 
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun's Avatar
 
Time to believe!

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Gensis Planet
Posts: 6,544

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
It hasn't been their time in 44 years
And there goes the boom.
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 08:29 PM   #39
Guess Who
Rookie
 
Guess Who's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,410

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
You know what's ironic? The Chief fans over at Chiefs Planet have almost all pretty much come out with that take. At first, when we signed Manning it was just "Break Manning's neck" because it was fragile so only "a normal sack" would be required since they really believed his spine was made of paper mache.

Eventually many of them started coming right out and just asking their players to intentionally injure ours just to give themselves a chance. Now most are just counting down until Manning retires. It's like they don't even want to try because after Manning's gone, then it's "their time."
You are right, I see on other AFC West boards they are all just talking about how Denver is going to suck when Manning retires.

I am not worried about Denver losing to KC when Manning retires.... After all we dominated KC with Morton, Deberg, Elway, Greise, Plummer, Cuter and Tebow at QB...... Why the hell shouldn't Denver dominate KC with Ozweiler or any other QB they deemed good enough to start.

Last edited by Guess Who; 06-21-2014 at 08:33 PM..
Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 10:33 PM   #40
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.
 
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun's Avatar
 
Time to believe!

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Gensis Planet
Posts: 6,544

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess Who View Post
You are right, I see on other AFC West boards they are all just talking about how Denver is going to suck when Manning retires.

I am not worried about Denver losing to KC when Manning retires.... After all we dominated KC with Morton, Deberg, Elway, Greise, Plummer, Cuter and Tebow at QB...... Why the hell shouldn't Denver dominate KC with Ozweiler or any other QB they deemed good enough to start.
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 10:44 PM   #41
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,851
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Wishing someone to get injured for any reason, but especially a game, makes you a total a-hole, Cut.
I hope you sprain your vagina.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 05:30 AM   #42
Dedhed
Ring of Famer
 
Dedhed's Avatar
 
Fare thee well

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 10,264

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMORE View Post
This is funny.
Funny because it's true.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 07:47 AM   #43
BMORE
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,774

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
Funny because it's true.
I talked with multiple posters about him, drafted him in the OMane mock, and then called Denver drafting him, which got the likes of even Price to say "you rock Baltimore."

It was a long running joke that MED called it, because it got a great reaction out of me and for awhile I constantly took the bate.

The fact that you think YOU called him is comical to me, you are the same tool who had posts about taking a year ban if we got Manning and how much you would prefer Tebow.

Great call Dedhead!
BMORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 08:31 AM   #44
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

According to the search function the first three posters that suggested Smith was Dedhed, bigdawg26, and req. Both big and req wanted him in the 5th round.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 10:50 AM   #45
Hamrob
All-American!
 
Hamrob's Avatar
 
All-American!

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: DFW
Posts: 5,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post
Depth is key. If they're not going to make the team, then obviously they should be traded if possible, but otherwise hell no.

I want this team as loaded as possible.
I agree, but we'll probably only keep 3 tackles and we have at least 3 very good ones. That's how a lot of positions will shape up as we get close to the final cut day. Safety is another...do we keep Duke as a 4th safety.
Hamrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 10:56 AM   #46
baja
Happy camper
 
baja's Avatar
 
Sweet

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 59,999

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware
Default

Maybe this is the year we go with 2 QBs
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 11:49 AM   #47
Hamrob
All-American!
 
Hamrob's Avatar
 
All-American!

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: DFW
Posts: 5,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Maybe this is the year we go with 2 QBs
I don't think so. Not with a 38yr old starter. Oz is going to need a backup and between Dysert and the rookie...they possess too good of talent to let walk away.
Hamrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 11:53 AM   #48
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arcadia, CA
Posts: 35,953

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
According to the search function the first three posters that suggested Smith was Dedhed, bigdawg26, and req. Both big and req wanted him in the 5th round.
Seems the search function isn't operating properly then.

At best those guys were 2nd, 3rd and 4th in "calling" Smith.
__________________


BRING BACK BUTCH
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 12:16 PM   #49
Shananahan
Custom User Title
 
Shananahan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,204
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMORE View Post
It was a long running joke that MED called it, because it got a great reaction out of me and for awhile I constantly took the bate.

The fact that you think YOU called him is comical to me, you are the same tool who had posts about taking a year ban if we got Manning and how much you would prefer Tebow.

Great call Dedhead!
For awhile?
Shananahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 12:31 PM   #50
baja
Happy camper
 
baja's Avatar
 
Sweet

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 59,999

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamrob View Post
I don't think so. Not with a 38yr old starter. Oz is going to need a backup and between Dysert and the rookie...they possess too good of talent to let walk away.
It would not be an easy decision
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:11 PM.


Denver Broncos