The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-23-2014, 01:08 PM   #51
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
He's really only "unhinged" about one issue, and that's Sarah Palin. And even then, he's mostly correct about her. But he's far, far more fair and reasonable that you're giving him credit for. He admits when he's wrong, posts opposing viewpoints, and posts dissents from both readers and other journalists/pundits he has disagreements with. Yes, he can certainly be accused of giving Obama too much benefit of the doubt, but he explains in detail when and why he does, and he also slams Obama on occasion and often expresses doubts and concerns about him. I could show you multiple examples of all of these things but it's really not worth my time. And frankly, neither are you.
So you had no problem with the whole "Daschle got an Anthrax birthday card, let's nuke Iraq" thing I guess.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 01:18 PM   #52
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
I've gone over it before. Probably not worth going through it all again.

Nutshell version.

Liberals tend to believe in a kind of perfectablity (relative) of mankind that needs to be brought into practice by "progress" They tend to believe that mankind's problems are related to the system he's subjected himself to. Not because of any 'nature of the beast' so to speak.

Conservatives tend to believe that mankind has inherent corruptions that need to be constrained. In a classical liberal democracy the primary constraints are individual liberty and rule of law. Which is why progressive (and especially collectivist) solutions tend to be viewed with immediate suspicion.
That's it? Really?

Forget Liberalism, just define Conservatism as you see it, it has to mean more to you than 'constraints.'

How about naming 'true conservatives' by your definition....past, and god help us, present.
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 01:56 PM   #53
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBrit View Post
That's it? Really?

Forget Liberalism, just define Conservatism as you see it, it has to mean more to you than 'constraints.'

How about naming 'true conservatives' by your definition....past, and god help us, present.
I've been in this pointless argument before...

http://orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?p=3937664

if you really want to know. There's no point in laundry listing litmus test current-events issues for you. No root human ideology can be defined that way.

I could name politicians, but you'll inevitably find something political that they've done to provide the exception (that proves the rule) Almost hate to say it, but Rand Paul is probably the closest I could name to someone who best reflects my own personal priorities in Congress. But that is far from consistent, so please don't checklist me with whatever it is Rand believes on 101 different issues.

If I could name any one guy that I tend to agree with 95% of the time I read him, I'd probably lean towards Jonah Goldberg.

But he has his biases. As do you or I.

Last edited by BroncoBeavis; 06-23-2014 at 02:14 PM..
Old 06-23-2014, 02:18 PM   #54
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
I've been in this pointless argument before...

http://orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?p=3937664

if you really want to know. There's no point in laundry listing litmus test current-events issues for you. No root human ideology can be defined that way.

I could name politicians, but you'll inevitably find something political that they've done to provide the exception (that proves the rule) Almost hate to say it, but Rand Paul is probably the closest I could name to someone who best reflects my own personal priorities in Congress. But that is far from consistent, so please don't checklist me with whatever it is Rand believes on 101 different issues.

If I could name any one guy that I tend to agree with 95% of the time I read him, I'd probably lean towards Jonah Goldberg.

But he has his biases. As do you or I.
There's no argument, I'm curious as to what YOU think 'Conservative' means.
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 02:46 PM   #55
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBrit View Post
There's no argument, I'm curious as to what YOU think 'Conservative' means.
Read what I posted before. If you have questions, have at it.
Old 09-03-2014, 01:57 AM   #56
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

Despite claims that Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker is not a ''target'' in the state's criminal campaign finance probe, newly-released documents demonstrate that prosecutors are indeed looking at his potentially criminal activity.

New Documents Undermine Walker Statements on Criminal Probe

Despite claims that Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker is not a "target" in the state's criminal campaign finance probe, newly-released documents demonstrate that prosecutors are indeed looking at potentially criminal activity by the first-term governor and 2016 presidential hopeful.

The latest round of documents released in Wisconsin's "John Doe" investigation shine new light on the stalled inquiry into alleged illegal coordination between Walker’s campaign and outside political groups like Wisconsin Club for Growth (WiCFG) during the 2011-2012 recall elections.

The documents show that Walker made personal appeals to out-of-state billionaires and millionaires to raise funds for WiCFG -- which spent $9.1 million on the recalls and acted as a "hub" for funneling millions more to other groups -- and evidence indicates that his campaign also worked with WiCFG on how those funds were spent.

Full article: http://truth-out.org/news/item/25943...criminal-probe
L.A. BRONCOS FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 10:22 AM   #57
Rigs11
Ring of Famer

Conservatism to righties now means:

spending like a drunken sailor when a rightie is prez
crying chicken little about the debt when a dem is prez
fighting them evil gays
war!
shutting down the evil gubmint
guns for everyone!
saying No!
No food for you slacker!
Blame the illegals!
Blame the blacks!
Jesus wants you to get a job!
Rigs11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 11:19 AM   #58
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigs11 View Post
Conservatism to righties now means:

spending like a drunken sailor when a rightie is prez
crying chicken little about the debt when a dem is prez
fighting them evil gays
war!
shutting down the evil gubmint
guns for everyone!
saying No!
No food for you slacker!
Blame the illegals!
Blame the blacks!
Jesus wants you to get a job!
And don't forget, destroying the environment in the name of corporate "freedom." Oh, and turning back the clock on science, replacing it with superstition.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 12:54 PM   #59
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
And don't forget, destroying the environment in the name of corporate "freedom." Oh, and turning back the clock on science, replacing it with superstition.
We prefer to call it "Environmental Keynesianism"

Just FYI.