The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2014, 03:59 PM   #76
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 10,281
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Fitz isn't top 3 anymore in my opinion.
How in the world do you figure that? He's been a beast even with some of the worst starting QB's in the NFL since Warner retired.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 04:43 PM   #77
BroncosfanGuy
Make dub not dubstep
 
BroncosfanGuy's Avatar
 
Big Fan

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,137

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmz313 View Post
I really disagree on Dalton. He is a top 8 starter in the NFL. Has improved his play each year and definitely gets it done for his team.
wow, yeah I guess we will disagree on this. As for getting it done for his team, please re-watch last year's playoff game.
BroncosfanGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 04:44 PM   #78
BroncosfanGuy
Make dub not dubstep
 
BroncosfanGuy's Avatar
 
Big Fan

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,137

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
And where the **** is Denver pulling this money from again?
Pat Bowlen
BroncosfanGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 06:19 PM   #79
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
Juwan The Headless Thompson Gunner!

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 36,281

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
You are really clueless on how teams can lay contracts out year by year aren't you?
kFcStudly is used to his favorite team letting all of it's talent walk because they are not smart enough to find ways to work out smart deals for both sides.

kFc lets TG, Allen, walk. They can't even find a way to keep 2nd tiered talent like Albert, and Flowers among others in house. Didn't they let Fugita go via FA only to see him win a SB ring?

This is why kFc sucks and the Broncos are the class of the NFL.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 06:24 PM   #80
DENVERDUI55
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,965

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
How in the world do you figure that? He's been a beast even with some of the worst starting QB's in the NFL since Warner retired.
Well I happen to watch the Cardinals if the Bronco's aren't on since that is my GF's team. I figure it by what I see and he has lost a step. He has failed to break 1k yards the past 2 years despite playing in every game. Sure he has had some miserable QB's but plenty of other WR's have produced with bad QB's.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 06:37 PM   #81
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 10,281
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Well I happen to watch the Cardinals if the Bronco's aren't on since that is my GF's team. I figure it by what I see and he has lost a step. He has failed to break 1k yards the past 2 years despite playing in every game. Sure he has had some miserable QB's but plenty of other WR's have produced with bad QB's.
The entire offense has been bad, not just the QB's. They haven't had a legit #2 WR since Boldin and most other WR's do not command the coverage that he and Megatron do.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 06:39 PM   #82
Bronco
Perennial Pro-bowler
 
Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Top 5 defenseville
Posts: 801

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Talib
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
The entire offense has been bad, not just the QB's. They haven't had a legit #2 WR since Boldin and most other WR's do not command the coverage that he and Megatron do.
you must have missed last season when floyd had a better season than fitz.
Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 06:45 PM   #83
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 10,281
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco View Post
you must have missed last season when floyd had a better season than fitz.
Sorry, I should have said prior to Floyd. I had him on my fantasy last year.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 06:45 PM   #84
DENVERDUI55
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,965

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
The entire offense has been bad, not just the QB's. They haven't had a legit #2 WR since Boldin and most other WR's do not command the coverage that he and Megatron do.
You haven't watched Fitz in awhile. Michael Floyd is a up and coming great WR and put up much better numbers last year. Palmer is a capable QB and WR's can produce under him. I'm not saying Fitz is washed up I'm just saying he isn't top 3 or 5 like the group he was put in.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 06:59 PM   #85
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 10,281
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
You haven't watched Fitz in awhile. Michael Floyd is a up and coming great WR and put up much better numbers last year. Palmer is a capable QB and WR's can produce under him. I'm not saying Fitz is washed up I'm just saying he isn't top 3 or 5 like the group he was put in.
I have watched Fitz a lot. I don't see the regression you and others are claiming. Megatron,Fitz,DT,Dez,Gordon,Johnson,Green,Jones,Ma rshall are probably the best WR's in the game. I don't think anyone is better Fitz outside of Megatron.

If you disagree oh well.

Jefferey, Floyd, Hilton, Wright, Austin, Allen are all up and coming. Wayne is good when healthy.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 05:27 AM   #86
jmz313
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,292
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosfanGuy View Post
wow, yeah I guess we will disagree on this. As for getting it done for his team, please re-watch last year's playoff game.
You know.... He is on the Bengals... I do see where you are coming from but being in the playoff consistently is a big deal for Cinn and he is the reason their Offense is competing. He's young and he's improving each year not regressing.

Top 8 might of been a little aggressive but considering upside I think its about right, again, IMO. 3rd in NFL in TD passes, 4300 yds passing, solid numbers all around with the exception of INTs but he's young.... all on top 10 Offense both Scoring and Yardage. He also passes my eye test as i watch Cin a lot in my market.

I don't normally trust gingers either but i'd take Andy Dalton over a lot of NFL starters over the next 5 years.
jmz313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 07:19 AM   #87
Kaylore
Because I am better
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Everything

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 46,751

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Well I happen to watch the Cardinals if the Bronco's aren't on since that is my GF's team. I figure it by what I see and he has lost a step. He has failed to break 1k yards the past 2 years despite playing in every game. Sure he has had some miserable QB's but plenty of other WR's have produced with bad QB's.
Please name one. He's the only real threat on that team so he commands extra coverage attention and he's played with garbage. He caught ten TD's last year and he's only thirty.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 07:54 AM   #88
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue
 
Drunken.Broncoholic2's Avatar
 
OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Carmel, Ca
Posts: 7,290

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Please name one. He's the only real threat on that team so he commands extra coverage attention and he's played with garbage. He caught ten TD's last year and he's only thirty.

Gordon produced with garbage QBs. Vincent Jackson?


Floyd is pretty good for Arizona
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 08:03 AM   #89
DENVERDUI55
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,965

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Please name one. He's the only real threat on that team so he commands extra coverage attention and he's played with garbage. He caught ten TD's last year and he's only thirty.
Marshall in Miami/Denver, Gordon last year, Boldin, Brandon Lloyd, Bowe, Harvin, VJax, I could go on and on. Couple things still I think Fitz is still good but not worth his cap number. It isn't his fault Graves signed such a dumb deal for AZ and a gold mine for Fitz. Like I said before it is MY OPINION that he has lost a step and I don't agree that he is a top 3 WR.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 08:49 AM   #90
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,894

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
kFcStudly is used to his favorite team letting all of it's talent walk because they are not smart enough to find ways to work out smart deals for both sides.

kFc lets TG, Allen, walk. They can't even find a way to keep 2nd tiered talent like Albert, and Flowers among others in house. Didn't they let Fugita go via FA only to see him win a SB ring?

This is why kFc sucks and the Broncos are the class of the NFL.
Class of the NFL? Hahahahahahahahahahahaha
KCStud is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 08:51 AM   #91
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,894

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Can anyone blame people for questioning the ****ty cheating organization in Denver when they've done this before and got caught red handed?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2004Sep17.html

Class of the NFL! /brokebacksteven
KCStud is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 08:56 AM   #92
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue
 
Drunken.Broncoholic2's Avatar
 
OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Carmel, Ca
Posts: 7,290

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Can anyone blame people for questioning the ****ty cheating organization in Denver when they've done this before and got caught red handed?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2004Sep17.html

Class of the NFL! /brokebacksteven
How exactly is that cheating on the field? Did it affect talent? No. Did they make more room to bring in more talent? No. Did they go over the cap and cheat by hiding money? No.


Better do some more research on that so you won't look stupid next time. They deferred money cause they couldn't afford to pay totally legit contracts. The stadium busted the bank.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 08:56 AM   #93
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 
THE GREATEST

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: colorado springs, co
Posts: 25,123
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Can anyone blame people for questioning the ****ty cheating organization in Denver when they've done this before and got caught red handed?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2004Sep17.html

Class of the NFL! /brokebacksteven
from your link.....

Harold Henderson, the chairman of the Management Council and the NFL's executive vice president of labor relations, confirmed in a written statement released by the league that "the individuals responsible for the violations are no longer with the team" and that the Broncos "have been cooperative throughout the investigation." Henderson did not directly address the issue of whether the club gained a competitive advantage but said the Broncos circumvented the cap to help pay for costs related to the construction of Invesco Field at Mile High.
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 08:58 AM   #94
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,894

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
How exactly is that cheating on the field? Did it affect talent? No. Did they make more room to bring in more talent? No. Did they go over the cap and cheat by hiding money? No.


Better do some more research on that so you won't look stupid next time. They deferred money cause they couldn't afford to pay totally legit contracts. The stadium busted the bank.
Yes I'm sure they didn't just get "penalized" for nothing. Nice backspin though
KCStud is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 09:00 AM   #95
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,894

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2014/01/1...enver-cheated/

$29 million. Cheating organization. Everyone knows the Broncos cheated the salary cap the only time they won SB's.

Last edited by KCStud; 06-17-2014 at 09:02 AM..
KCStud is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 09:00 AM   #96
Kaylore
Because I am better
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Everything

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 46,751

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Marshall in Miami/Denver, Gordon last year, Boldin, Brandon Lloyd, Bowe, Harvin, VJax, I could go on and on. Couple things still I think Fitz is still good but not worth his cap number. It isn't his fault Graves signed such a dumb deal for AZ and a gold mine for Fitz. Like I said before it is MY OPINION that he has lost a step and I don't agree that he is a top 3 WR.
I disagree with most of that list.

Gordon is legit, but we're talking probably top three in the game so he's comparable. The rest aren't.

Lloyd played in a pass-happy offense with a lot of other threats on the field with him.

Bowe had his best year on the field playing in Haley's offense with a backfield that combined for 2300 yards. Moeaki put up 500 yards so there was much less pressure on Bowe.

Harvin's numbers aren't even close to Fitzgerald's bad ones, and he had Adrian Peterson to keep the safeties close to the LOS.

Vincent Jackson has always had at least one if not two or three other weapons on offense to draw coverage. He is very good, though.

I still feel like Fitzgerald is at least top five in the league.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 09:04 AM   #97
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 
THE GREATEST

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: colorado springs, co
Posts: 25,123
Default

bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 09:07 AM   #98
DENVERDUI55
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,965

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I disagree with most of that list.

Gordon is legit, but we're talking probably top three in the game so he's comparable. The rest aren't.

Lloyd played in a pass-happy offense with a lot of other threats on the field with him.

Bowe had his best year on the field playing in Haley's offense with a backfield that combined for 2300 yards. Moeaki put up 500 yards so there was much less pressure on Bowe.

Harvin's numbers aren't even close to Fitzgerald's bad ones, and he had Adrian Peterson to keep the safeties close to the LOS.

Vincent Jackson has always had at least one if not two or three other weapons on offense to draw coverage. He is very good, though.

I still feel like Fitzgerald is at least top five in the league.
Well you asked me to name WE who produced 1k yards with bad qbs and I did. Fitz has 2 sub 1k years and he does have a threat on the other side of him. His coach even has mentioned he lost a step.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 09:11 AM   #99
Kaylore
Because I am better
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Everything

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 46,751

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Well you asked me to name WE who produced 1k yards with bad qbs and I did. Fitz has 2 sub 1k years and he does have a threat on the other side of him. His coach even has mentioned he lost a step.
He's thirty and came out early, so there's not a ton of tread on the tires. Randy Moss and TO were still dominant in their early thirties. I consider Fitz of the same caliber.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 09:13 AM   #100
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 24,110

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

If we are going the WHYDFML route, Fitzgerald isn't Top 3 at this point in time.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:15 AM.


Denver Broncos