The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2014, 04:55 PM   #76
mennonite
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
I don't even care anymore. That area was more stable when Saddam was in power.

Just pull our troops and let those people worry about their own country.

What will al qaeda do once they get control of the oil fields? Do you think they will use the resources to rebuild Iraq? What effect will it have on the world's economy? What happens to Saudi Arabia, Iran, Jordan, Syria, Turkey, and Israel? How likely is it that Iraq will be the last domino to fall?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD4HOF View Post
We should’ve been long invested in pushing for peace.
I'm not trying to be a smart ass with this question: has anybody ever been able to make peace with militant islam?

Not in the "here is some money and weapons to carry out your jihad on a common enemy" type peace either. I mean legitimate friendly coexistance.

Last edited by mennonite; 06-12-2014 at 05:20 PM..
mennonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 04:57 PM   #77
24champ
Bring back Kubiak!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Obama's foreign policy is an absolute disaster.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 04:59 PM   #78
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
these two dickheads should hangout more.

What I want to know is does anybody actually ever eat the fruit in those bowls?
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 05:05 PM   #79
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I never said that quote, first of all. Second I'll give you props for admitting you are emotional.

And if you bothered to ask me what kind of world I'm hoping for, or what my world view even is, you might learn something other than what the comments section of SmirkingChimp tells you about me and how I see things.

I think people have more in common than not, and I believe if there wasn't so much damn jersey-wearing when it came to politics, things would get done. But the game is about making the other team look bad just so you can look good in comparison. So our entire process has devolved into half the country trying smear the one in power at every turn. Basically we're destroying ourselves to prove a point. It's why I stay out of the WRP forum. I wouldn't even mind liberals act if they'd just own it and admit they are just as judgmental and mean-spirited as conservatives instead of pretending they're more accepting.
I think that might be the most sane thing I've ever heard you say. I liked the jersey wearing comment, nice touch.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 05:12 PM   #80
rolandftw
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

As long as the quality of life is not particularly good, religious fundamentalists are going to have a strong influence
rolandftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 05:12 PM   #81
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

"Too much damn jersey-wearing."

Said one of the most partisan posters on the forum.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 05:16 PM   #82
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Run for it Marty!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

Quote:

I love liberals though. On the one hand they pretend they're the cultured, educated and enlightened ones. So superior to us stupid, hick racist conservatives. Then as soon as you disagree with them they are calling you names like idiot and using racial slurs like whitey. But they're not the emotional ones, folks!
Kaylore, I appreciate your takes across the board here. I agree that name calling comes up too quick for liberals, but it happens the other way too. Its not just name calling, but this verbal finger wagging at anyone on the other side of the aisle, like your last paragraph or the more direct TD40HOF's comment about American Whitey (sigh).

I am certain I am much more left leaning than you, but I don't think I've ever called you or anyone else a name for their political positions and beliefs on this board or in person. In fact, I probably am as big of an idiot as anyone else. I just wish there were a way to carry on without dropping into the "conservatives are like this" and "liberals are like that," across the board. Because we're all friggin different. You're not like BroncoBeavis or Pricejj or cutthemdown, cause I've seen you have differing opinions.

We're all Americans, and we all have to deal with this BS in someway or another. It sucks, and our administration may be letting many of us down, but Iraq was a buggered situation anyway you look at it, and it was buggerred when we first got involved with protecting Kuwait back in the 90s. Had we stayed, there would have been ongoing and continuing loss of American life with attempted attacks of American troops and basis throughout the country. When we left, we knew the government was weak and that the religious factions in Iraq were at each other's throats. There was no clear path to winning completely in Iraq.... same with Afghanistan. If you can convince me otherwise, then you've got my vote.

And just so it doesn't look like I am only addressing a conservative. TD40HOF - come on man, don't antagonize for the sake of antagonism.
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 05:18 PM   #83
mennonite
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I believe if there wasn't so much damn jersey-wearing

Sure, they're cheap jerseys but they're very nice quality.

p.s. Enjoy the best onrine shipping experience

Last edited by mennonite; 06-12-2014 at 05:20 PM..
mennonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 05:21 PM   #84
Obushma
Ring of Famer

Bring your lunch pail

Wow, it's amazing to think that 19 Saudi's with box cutters created all these problems. Now tell me why we went into Iraq again?
Obushma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 05:46 PM   #85
Paladin
Ring of Famer

This is a legacy of that SOBing Bush. He negotiated the exit plan. I don't think the US needs to be involved in Sunni-Shiite squabbles. I don't care what happens to Iraq. Or Syria, for that matter. Just keep the damn warmongers out of the Government.
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 05:49 PM   #86
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
This is a legacy of that SOBing Bush. He negotiated the exit plan. I don't think the US needs to be involved in Sunni-Shiite squabbles. I don't care what happens to Iraq. Or Syria, for that matter. Just keep the damn warmongers out of the Government.
^ Yeah, like Hillary Clinton.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 06:02 PM   #87
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mennonite View Post
"Miss me yet?"

It takes a crazy mf'er to rule a bunch of crazy mf'ers.

Maybe the idiot militants will try to take on the Kurds.

THOSE are the people you don't want to mess around with from what I hear.
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 06:16 PM   #88
rmsanger
Elway > PFM

Another one bites the dust!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

That entire region is fubar.. They must not get nukes as any possible option!
rmsanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 06:18 PM   #89
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
That's awesome. I was posting it as a joke but he immediately went there. Bush didn't want the troops pulled out. There were set of criteria that were to be kept in-house and when the country met those criteria, the phase out would begin.

This is absolutely Obama's fault.
Actually, Maliki and the Iraqi parliament ordered the U.S. out. It wasn't Obama's choice to make.
http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/...-there/247174/
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 06:18 PM   #90
TD4HOF
Perennial Pro-bowler

He's Better Than MJ!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bowlenís Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Stout View Post
Kaylore, I appreciate your takes across the board here. I agree that name calling comes up too quick for liberals, but it happens the other way too. Its not just name calling, but this verbal finger wagging at anyone on the other side of the aisle, like your last paragraph or the more direct TD40HOF's comment about American Whitey (sigh).

I am certain I am much more left leaning than you, but I don't think I've ever called you or anyone else a name for their political positions and beliefs on this board or in person. In fact, I probably am as big of an idiot as anyone else. I just wish there were a way to carry on without dropping into the "conservatives are like this" and "liberals are like that," across the board. Because we're all friggin different. You're not like BroncoBeavis or Pricejj or cutthemdown, cause I've seen you have differing opinions.

We're all Americans, and we all have to deal with this BS in someway or another. It sucks, and our administration may be letting many of us down, but Iraq was a buggered situation anyway you look at it, and it was buggerred when we first got involved with protecting Kuwait back in the 90s. Had we stayed, there would have been ongoing and continuing loss of American life with attempted attacks of American troops and basis throughout the country. When we left, we knew the government was weak and that the religious factions in Iraq were at each other's throats. There was no clear path to winning completely in Iraq.... same with Afghanistan. If you can convince me otherwise, then you've got my vote.

And just so it doesn't look like I am only addressing a conservative. TD40HOF - come on man, don't antagonize for the sake of antagonism.
But but he started it!
TD4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 06:22 PM   #91
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
Newsflash:
This was going to happen whether it was a pullout, draw down, or any other tactic you would prefer. It would have happened yesterday, it is happening today, and if we stayed in Iraq for the next 40 years, it would happen then.

We shouldn't have been there in the first place.
Bingo! Once the original, stupid mistake was made, there was no fix.
Old 06-12-2014, 06:24 PM   #92
TD4HOF
Perennial Pro-bowler

He's Better Than MJ!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bowlenís Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Actually, Maliki and the Iraqi parliament ordered the U.S. out. It wasn't Obama's choice to make.
http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/...-there/247174/
No no no, canít have facts getting in the way of the Obama blew it narrative.

Dubya had a set of criteria in place for a successful occupation.
Old 06-12-2014, 06:26 PM   #93
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Bingo! Once the original, stupid mistake was made, there was no fix.
libtard justification, right on que. Hey, here's a thought, if one president does something bad, how about the next president come in and do it better?

Obama sucks. His foreign policy is directly responsible for this situation, just as much as Bush's, if not more. BO's non-policy for Syria is spilling over into Iraq.

just admit it, and be done with it.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 06:27 PM   #94
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
No no no, canít have facts getting in the way of the Obama blew it narrative.

Dubya had a set of criteria in place for a successful occupation.
I doubt the U.S. could have sustained a "successful" occupation of Iraq. Short of 250,000 troops. Even then. I guess our leaders, or we, are just too stupid. Vietnam? Didn't learn a goddamn thing. We watched the Soviets get their asses kicked in Afghanistan and what did we do? Stumbled right into the trap like a bunch of fools. Iraq? Stupidest foreign policy mistake in U.S. history. Now, we can enjoy the blowback.
Old 06-12-2014, 06:33 PM   #95
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I guess it means something to these people.

http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/arti...ts-gain-ground

Some people in this country can be ungrateful b****es.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 06:34 PM   #96
TD4HOF
Perennial Pro-bowler

He's Better Than MJ!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bowlenís Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
libtard justification, right on que. Hey, here's a thought, if one president does something bad, how about the next president come in and do it better?

Obama sucks. His foreign policy is directly responsible for this situation, just as much as Bush's, if not more. BO's non-policy for Syria is spilling over into Iraq.

just admit it, and be done with it.
I share your frustration with the Syria solution. What should be done? If you were directing Obamaís foreign policy, how would you have handled it?
Old 06-12-2014, 06:36 PM   #97
TD4HOF
Perennial Pro-bowler

He's Better Than MJ!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bowlenís Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
I guess it means something to these people.

http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/arti...ts-gain-ground

Some people in this country can be ungrateful b****es.
Oh Cmon..look at the source. Of course they donít want to say that the invasion was a mistake. I donít blame them. Iíd feel the same way if my buddies gave up life and limb for this.
Old 06-12-2014, 06:39 PM   #98
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Oh Cmon..look at the source. Of course they donít want to say that the invasion was a mistake. I donít blame them. Iíd feel the same way if my buddies gave up life and limb for this.
I have the utmost respect for these guys. They were over there and they knew what they were fighting for. People back over here can say it was a joke and this and that, but **** man my friends were over there who either died, or came back knowing they made a difference.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 06:48 PM   #99
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

The US did it's job in Iraq. It is on the Iraqis now to fight for the country they want to have. As an ally, we should support them. This is not a difficult concept. It is easy to blame Bush 43 for anything and everything...but nothing happens in a vacuum. He did not suddenly start the issues of the ME.

A lot changes in 11 years. This is Obama's issue. He wanted this job, he needs to do it. This Iraq, the one falling apart is reality. Some people need to stop rehashing the last decade like it is suddenly going to fix the fact another nation is disintegrating under the current administration.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 06:49 PM   #100
TD4HOF
Perennial Pro-bowler

He's Better Than MJ!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bowlenís Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
I have the utmost respect for these guys. They were over there and they knew what they were fighting for. People back over here can say it was a joke and this and that, but **** man my friends were over there who either died, or came back knowing they made a difference.
They did make a difference on an individual level, no doubt. They touched whatever strings of humanity they could. Itís a complicated, sensitive issue, these soldiers. Iím very sorry about your friends.