The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2014, 10:03 AM   #751
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Yeah but in Syria Russia has a much more powerful govt it has partnered with then it did Afghanacrap.
The world at large should just have shrugged when Al-Assad used chemical weapons. Other than a few extremist islamist countries nobody wants Al-Assad gone. The alternative is going to be what we have seen in every muslim country, religious and ethnic groups killing and raping each other creating a new generation of mujahideen who will go looking for another enemy to take on when they win or lose.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 10:09 AM   #752
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Clinton had no problem when Bush invaded Iraq. He didn't come out against it. They both supported it. Also Bush got the same intell the dems got so you can't blame him for some of it being wrong. Doesn't matter anyways Saddam was on the list either way.
Amazing to watch Right Wing bubble-think in action. The neocons were planning to invade Iraq as soon as they got into power. They first mentioned their plan back in '93. They wrote a paper on it, how they would meddle in the ME, create a democracy in one of the ME countries they invaded, they would be greeted as liberators, and the new democracy, wherever it was, would stabilize the ME. They chose Iraq (a former ally) and used 911 as the catalyst to launch the invasion knowing full well that Saddam had nothing to do with it. They lied and manipulated the media to make it happen. They outed a CIA agent to make it happen.

And what is the Right Wing bubble-think? Clinton would have done the same thing.

It's like a ****ing fantasy world.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 10:48 AM   #753
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Absolute bull****. Sad that there are people out there so uninformed that they believe in garbage like this.
No, YOU Ahhhhh!!!

Try harder.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 11:18 AM   #754
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
No, YOU Ahhhhh!!!

Try harder.
If Clinton WOULD have done it, why didn't he, Einstein?

Last edited by Rohirrim; 06-28-2014 at 12:34 PM..
Old 06-28-2014, 12:12 PM   #755
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
He probably should have left Mubarak in power, but go ahead and let Gaddaffi fall. Then with Syria he should have never talked tough if he wasn't willing to send in air power at the very least.
Egypt is in complete shambles. Women are getting raped and drug through Tahir Square. Libya isn't much different than Egypt. Now Obama's giving money to the Syrian rebels, while sending troops to fight against them in Iraq?

Obama is a Sociopath.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 12:34 PM   #756
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Egypt is in complete shambles. Women are getting raped and drug through Tahir Square. Libya isn't much different than Egypt. Now Obama's giving money to the Syrian rebels, while sending troops to fight against them in Iraq?

Obama is a Sociopath.
How on Earth can any conscientious, reasonable, intelligent person possibly blame Obama for what is going on in Egypt, Libya or Syria?

Oh, that's right. They don't.
Old 06-28-2014, 12:37 PM   #757
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

1. Obama funded and supported the muslim brotherhood and 'arab spring' in Egypt.
2. Obama has funded and supported the Syrian rebels, and continues to do so.
3. With NATO backing, Obama also funded and supported the coup in Libya.

So yes, Obama has had a direct hand in ALL of those conflicts, and is DIRECTLY responsible for the consequences of his actions.
Old 06-28-2014, 12:59 PM   #758
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer81 View Post
Not so crazy. The Soviets invaded Afghanistan in 1979. They ultimately lost because of American arms and money given to crazy rebels...of course 20 some odd years later we had the worst terrorist attack on the American homeland in our history.

ISIS makes Al Qaeda look like girl scouts in comparison. They captured one of Saddam's "sealed" chemical weapons plants. They control large chunks of Syria and Iraq. They are slaughtering Iraqi citizens and leaving the bodies for anyone to see. I doubt strongly worded comments and inspiring hashtags are gonna cut it this time.

You appear unaware that Pres Carter's national security adviser Zbigniew Brzezinski is on record bragging -- taking credit for luring the Soviets into the Afghanistan trap.

The ISIS offensive apparently has the US blessing --- and in this we are no doubt helping both sides kill one another, just as we did in WW II, and in the Iran-Iraq war in the 1980s.

This is a morally reprehensible foreign policy. Why are Americans not condemning it? MHG
mhgaffney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 01:01 PM   #759
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

Quote:
How on Earth can any conscientious, reasonable, intelligent person possibly blame Obama for what is going on in Egypt, Libya or Syria?

Oh, that's right. They don't.
Ro likes to sleep through history unfolding.

White House requests $500 million to aid Syrian rebels

http://rt.com/usa/168720-obama-syrian-rebel-fund/
mhgaffney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 01:07 PM   #760
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Don't assist the ****ing rebels. I'll go with Assad over Islamists any day.
Old 06-28-2014, 01:50 PM   #761
W*GS
Ring of Famer

gaffe with the Lenin/Stalin/Putin adoration again.

Why don't you move to Родина, ya America-hating Jew-hating ****head?
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 01:56 PM   #762
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Deny, Deflect, and Blame. The mantra of Obama and his supporters.

It's George Orwell's '1984' only 30 years later.
Old 06-28-2014, 01:58 PM   #763
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
If Clinton WOULD have done it, why didn't he, Einstein?
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 02:00 PM   #764
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Obama wants all the credit, but never the blame. Just as a spoiled child would act.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 02:19 PM   #765
The Lone Bolt
Ring of Famer

GO CHARGERS!!!!

Quote:
Amazing to watch Right Wing bubble-think in action. The neocons were planning to invade Iraq as soon as they got into power. They first mentioned their plan back in '93. They wrote a paper on it, how they would meddle in the ME, create a democracy in one of the ME countries they invaded, they would be greeted as liberators, and the new democracy, wherever it was, would stabilize the ME. They chose Iraq (a former ally) and used 911 as the catalyst to launch the invasion knowing full well that Saddam had nothing to do with it. They lied and manipulated the media to make it happen. They outed a CIA agent to make it happen.

And what is the Right Wing bubble-think? Clinton would have done the same thing.

According to Wikipedia, PNAC was formed in 1997.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project...erican_Century

And of course Saddam had nothing to do with 911. That was never a justification for the invasion. Nobody in the bush admin was saying that. Bush did suggest links to al-Qaeda (a foolish oversell for the invasion IMO) but even he never said Saddam was directly involved in the 911 attacks AFAIK.

Last edited by The Lone Bolt; 06-28-2014 at 02:25 PM..
The Lone Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 02:56 PM   #766
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lone Bolt View Post
According to Wikipedia, PNAC was formed in 1997.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project...erican_Century

And of course Saddam had nothing to do with 911. That was never a justification for the invasion. Nobody in the bush admin was saying that. Bush did suggest links to al-Qaeda (a foolish oversell for the invasion IMO) but even he never said Saddam was directly involved in the 911 attacks AFAIK.
The Wolfowitz Doctrine paper was written in 1992 and rewritten by Cheney and Rumsfeld in 1993. It became the Bush Doctrine. Look up "Wolfowitz PDF" if you'd like to read it.

If you truly believe that the Bush administration didn't link 911 with Saddam in the minds of the American people, then I have a bridge in Brooklyn I'd like to sell you. The year after the invasion there was a poll showing that 70% of the American people believed in that connection. Where do you think they got that idea? If you'd like, I can post the videos of Cheney linking Atta and Al Queda to Saddam.
Old 06-28-2014, 03:22 PM   #767
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

I remember it being many reasons talked about.

1-WMD
2-Invading other countries
3-paying terrorists to attack Israel
4-firing at jets in the no fly zone

then the real reasons

1-enemy of the USA and someone not to be trusted into the future
2-tried to plan the killing of a former US President that was the new Presidents dad.

Great job by Bush JR getting a tough job done that both Clinton and his dad failed to get done.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 03:29 PM   #768
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

I never supported going to war in Iraq or Afghanistan, because I don't believe the US has any national interests in the region. However, the Obama supporters want to have it both ways. They support Obama's war in Iraq and Afghanistan, yet deride Bush.

Tell me, why are US troops fighting in Iraq now, hypocrites? You support war in Iraq or you don't. Obviously, Obama thinks the US has a national interest in the region too, or else he wouldn't be getting involved again.
Old 06-28-2014, 03:38 PM   #769
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Great job by Bush JR getting a tough job done...
You're crediting "Bush JR" and not the 4,000 US soldiers who died?
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 03:54 PM   #770
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Hell no without a kick ass military no President could handle business. That goes without saying. Even now the military still does a great job, it's not their fault Obama let it all go to crap.
Old 06-28-2014, 03:57 PM   #771
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

If soldiers preferred dems to repubs they would vote dem. Stats show that not to be the case. Explain liberals?
Old 06-28-2014, 03:59 PM   #772
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

The two army rangers I know both say they love being deployed into war zones. They love to make more money, get more medals, get more promotions etc.

Apparently they say you don't get medals or promoted as much sitting around waiting for some p***Y like Obama to let you do your job.
Old 06-28-2014, 06:33 PM   #773
The Lone Bolt
Ring of Famer

GO CHARGERS!!!!

Quote:
The Wolfowitz Doctrine paper was written in 1992 and rewritten by Cheney and Rumsfeld in 1993. It became the Bush Doctrine. Look up "Wolfowitz PDF" if you'd like to read it.
My bad. You said "the neocons" not PNAC specifically.

Quote:
If you truly believe that the Bush administration didn't link 911 with Saddam in the minds of the American people, then I have a bridge in Brooklyn I'd like to sell you. The year after the invasion there was a poll showing that 70% of the American people believed in that connection. Where do you think they got that idea?
That they believed an unspecified "connection" between Saddam and 911 is a vague statement. Show me that those polled believed that Saddam was directly involved in the 911 attacks.

Quote:
If you'd like, I can post the videos of Cheney linking Atta and Al Queda to Saddam.
I'm aware of that. But as I said, nobody in the bush admin stated that Saddam was directly involved in the 911 attacks. Anybody who thought so is an idiot.

If you can find a video with bush or anybody in his admin stating that Saddam was directly involved in the 911 attacks and that was the primary reason for invading please post it.

Last edited by The Lone Bolt; 06-28-2014 at 06:41 PM..
Old 06-28-2014, 07:20 PM   #774
The Lone Bolt
Ring of Famer

GO CHARGERS!!!!

Quote:

Is this the document you're referring to?

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...a71yeE2ByxUqZg

I read through it. I didn't see any mention of a plan to attack Iraq, or plans for the United States to "meddle in the ME, create a democracy in one of the ME countries they invaded... be greeted as liberators, and the new democracy, wherever it was, would stabilize the ME."

If I missed it please point out the page(s) it's on.

Last edited by The Lone Bolt; 06-28-2014 at 08:19 PM..
Old 06-28-2014, 11:22 PM   #775
bombay
Ring of Famer

http://english.irib.ir/news/world/mi...trol-of-tikrit

Iraqi army retakes Tikrit.
bombay is online now   Reply With Quote