The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-21-2014, 01:44 PM   #601
The Lone Bolt
Ring of Famer

GO CHARGERS!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhgaffney View Post
Your conclusions are not supported by facts.

In the run up to the US invasion in 2003, US officials toured the region trying to drum up support for a war against Iraq. All of the leaders -- with the possible exception of Israel -- told the US "don't do it"

The reason: None of them felt threatened by Saddam. He had been de-fanged on the first gulf war and was under UN sanction. The US had control of the skies over Iraq. Saddam was no threat to anyone -- except his own people.

Now -- after shock/awe, the US invasion, occupation, all of which has ended in sectarian war -- Iraq has been destroyed. The region is in flames, total anarchy.

The Israelis are the only winners.

Bad as Saddam was, the people of Iraq were much better off under the dictator -- than they are now.

You are just another stupid ignorant deluded American. MHG
Tsk tsk Gaff. Such name-calling. When have I every called you "stupid" or "ignorant?"

I've referred to you as psychotic, but that's my professional clinical opinion, not an insult.

And my conclusion are supported by facts, but I'm not going to waste my time debating it with you. I've long ago discovered how futile that is.
The Lone Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 10:45 AM   #602
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Good interactive maps of the conflict.

OMG!! Not Aljazeera.

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/int...121336301.html
DenverBrit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 10:49 AM   #603
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBrit View Post
Good interactive maps of the conflict.

OMG!! Not Aljazeera.

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/int...121336301.html
They've been sweeping through Sunni regions because, basically, the people support them. I'm guessing they'll run into a Shiite wall pretty soon, near Baghdad, probably backed up by Iranians. My guess is that the battle for Baghdad will be incredibly horrific.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 10:54 AM   #604
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
They've been sweeping through Sunni regions because, basically, the people support them. I'm guessing they'll run into a Shiite wall pretty soon, near Baghdad, probably backed up by Iranians. My guess is that the battle for Baghdad will be incredibly horrific.
Yes.
mhgaffney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 11:29 AM   #605
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Fallujah is 35 miles from Baghdad and ISIS has held that since January. Pretty sure they realize that attacking Baghdad is not in their best interests right now, as it appears to be the only major city that US and Iranian forces seem interested in defending.

At this point it seems like the US is comfortable with Iran annexing Baghdad and Southeast Iraq, while letting ISIS continue to establish their Sunni caliphate. Iran doesn't want the US to get involved, because Iran wants control over Iraq's southern oilfields. So far, according to plan for ISIS and Iran.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 11:35 AM   #606
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Fallujah is 35 miles from Baghdad and ISIS has held that since January. Pretty sure they realize that attacking Baghdad is not in their best interests right now, as it appears to be the only major city that US and Iranian forces seem interested in defending.

At this point it seems like the US is comfortable with Iran annexing Baghdad and Southeast Iraq, while letting ISIS continue to establish their Sunni caliphate. Iran doesn't want the US to get involved, because Iran wants control over Iraq's southern oilfields. So far, according to plan for ISIS and Iran.
What should Obama do now?
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 11:43 AM   #607
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Obama has proven himself incapable of doing anything. The entire administration has proven itself, dangerous, corrupt, and completely inept. They already failed months ago at whatever plan they were trying to accomplish in Iraq. At this point he's a complete embarrassment who has done nothing but create havoc all over the world.

A complete change in direction away from the Obama/Hillary doctrine can't come soon enough.
Old 06-23-2014, 12:29 PM   #608
TonyR
Franchise Poster

@ price! See post #569. This is a perfect example. Criticism but no clue on what should be done.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 12:54 PM   #609
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Obama waits until the **** hits the fan then says well what can we do? Same with posters on this board. The hard work is done before the **** hits the fan.

Whatever I guess Obama has set the precedent. Nothing is ever a Presidents fault. You just blame Bush or the guy before you. Guess who will be getting blamed a lot under a repub president. if we get one lol.

Hell I bet even Hilliary will throw Obama under the bus once the election starts.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 12:56 PM   #610
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
He's waited so long now it makes it tougher. Should have had security in the region with an agreement in place with Iraq what we do if security is seriously threatened.

Use the Navy to bomb the crap out them until you have a great drone presence. **** I don't know he's the one that can ask generals how to we crush ISIS.

That is what i would do. Admit I don't know crap about war and ask a smart trusted general to get it done.
Old 06-23-2014, 01:10 PM   #611
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
Whatever happens, a political solution needs to come out of the wreckage, and there's little margin for error.

I think if the fighting reaches Baghdad, it may be over for Iraq as a country.

DenverBrit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 01:33 PM   #612
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
He's waited so long now it makes it tougher. Should have had security in the region with an agreement in place with Iraq what we do if security is seriously threatened.

Use the Navy to bomb the crap out them until you have a great drone presence. **** I don't know he's the one that can ask generals how to we crush ISIS.

That is what i would do. Admit I don't know crap about war and ask a smart trusted general to get it done.
What you're saying is,we should of never pulled out of Iraq? It's a shame GWB couldn't have had that in place when signed the agreement to have all troops out by 2011.

Do you even understand why it is that a agreement wasn't reached?
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 02:21 PM   #613
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

I have no idea Peace I wasn't privy to the negotiations and you can't trust what Obama says. He said it was his idea to take them out, now he says Iraq made the call so?.....

GWB left some important decisions to Obama as any outgoing President should. Lot's still needed to be done when Bush left and Obama has fumbled the ball with VA, Egypt, Iraq, Israel, the Palestinians, Iran, Libya, Russia.. friggin nightmare he is leaving for the next President.
Old 06-23-2014, 02:22 PM   #614
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

We should have never pulled all the way out of Iraq peace. Just like i wouldn't support us pulling our of S. Korea. Would you? Do you want to pull out of S Korea also?
Old 06-23-2014, 02:23 PM   #615
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

As soon as Iran tests a bomb Iraq and all the neighbors become S Koreas.
Old 06-23-2014, 02:41 PM   #616
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
We should have never pulled all the way out of Iraq peace. Just like i wouldn't support us pulling our of S. Korea. Would you? Do you want to pull out of S Korea also?
So what you are saying is that you would've agreed to let the Iraqi government arrest,and charge American soldiers in their judicial system. Going to prison in Iraq?
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 02:41 PM   #617
Rigs11
Ring of Famer

rightwads:

Lets invade Iraq!
WMDs!
Democracy!
Mission accomplished!
Surge!
Democracy!
Bring the troops home!
The Deficit!
Damn you Obama!
No new taxes!
The Deficit!
Obama lost Iraq!
Damn you Obama!
Airstrikes!
Send troops!
Benghazi!

Rigs11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 02:42 PM   #618
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

Quote:
As soon as Iran tests a bomb Iraq and all the neighbors become S Koreas.
There is no Iranian Bomb.
mhgaffney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 02:46 PM   #619
Rigs11
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I have no idea Peace I wasn't privy to the negotiations and you can't trust what Obama says. He said it was his idea to take them out, now he says Iraq made the call so?.....

GWB left some important decisions to Obama as any outgoing President should. Lot's still needed to be done when Bush left and Obama has fumbled the ball with VA, Egypt, Iraq, Israel, the Palestinians, Iran, Libya, Russia.. friggin nightmare he is leaving for the next President.
bush left decisions for Obama and Obama is leaving nightmares..... classic
Old 06-23-2014, 02:50 PM   #620
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
@ price! See post #569. This is a perfect example. Criticism but no clue on what should be done.
As you can see from the result of Obama's policies, he is the one with no clue. Actually, it's very simple. There are two decisive courses of action to take:

1. If the US truly has national interests in Iraq (as Obama claims), letting it get to this point was a big-time failure. Obama armed the Syrian extremists who are now in Iraq. Iraq has plunged into chaos. If the US truly has national interests in Iraq, Obama has failed in protecting those interests.

2. If you are in the camp that thinks the US has no national interest in Iraq, then stay out. What the heck has Obama been doing there for the last several years? Why does he continue to contribute to instability by picking sides and sending American troops?

Obama has chosen neither route. He has instead greatly contributed to Iraq's instability, and continues to do so.
Old 06-23-2014, 03:01 PM   #621
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Obama has chosen neither route. He has instead greatly contributed to Iraq's instability, and continues to do so.
This is the nutshell problem with Obama's foreign policy. It's almost always the path of least resistance. Which is usually the worst course over the long term.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 03:06 PM   #622
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigs11 View Post
bush left decisions for Obama and Obama is leaving nightmares..... classic
When Bush left Egypt was fine, Libya was providing us with information on Irans centrifuges, Iraq he surged troops and money and got elections to stick. Russia wasn't in Crimea, Syria wasn't killing it's civilians and Iran was being dealt with.

Sorry just not on the same level.

Afghanistan was a mess and after Obama trying his best it's still a mess.
Old 06-23-2014, 03:13 PM   #623
Rigs11
Ring of Famer

Quote:
As you can see from the result of Obama's policies, he is the one with no clue. Actually, it's very simple. There are two decisive courses of action to take:

1. If the US truly has national interests in Iraq (as Obama claims), letting it get to this point was a big-time failure. Obama armed the Syrian extremists who are now in Iraq. Iraq has plunged into chaos. If the US truly has national interests in Iraq, Obama has failed in protecting those interests.

2. If you are in the camp that thinks the US has no national interest in Iraq, then stay out. What the heck has Obama been doing there for the last several years? Why does he continue to contribute to instability by picking sides and sending American troops?

if only mittens had won..

Mitt Romney wants to arm Syrian rebels: What are the risks?

Extremist elements, some affiliated with Al Qaeda, appear to be playing a growing role in the fight against the Assad regime, posing a challenge to proposals, such as Romney's, to arm the Syrian rebels.

Washington — Mitt Romney announced this week that as president he would make sure Syria’s rebel fighters get the heavy arms they seek to bring down President Bashar al-Assad’s helicopters and fighter jets.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Foreign...-are-the-risks
Old 06-23-2014, 03:15 PM   #624
Rigs11
Ring of Famer

Quote:
When Bush left Egypt was fine, Libya was providing us with information on Irans centrifuges, Iraq he surged troops and money and got elections to stick. Russia wasn't in Crimea, Syria wasn't killing it's civilians and Iran was being dealt with.

Sorry just not on the same level.

Afghanistan was a mess and after Obama trying his best it's still a mess.
yep Egypt was fine because bush was providing 2 billion a year to them. Damn you Obama!
Old 06-23-2014, 03:18 PM   #625
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

chump change considering what it bought us.