The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2014, 10:51 AM   #551
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 55,935

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
, you have to be kidding. Yeah, the liberals criticism of Obama just fill countless threads around here, much less their websites. How about criticisms other than "Bush did it too" which somehow excuses him or Obama isn't liberal enough? Nah, requires too much thought. Many liberals like to believe their are objective and independent thinkers, but reality says another. Liberals also believe their websites where they get their news are objective too. All of their sites are love fests for Obama and ready made excuses for him on every subject. Not to mention finding some way to blame a republican for Obama's gaffes. As for talking points, you liberals take the cake on that. About everything you just spouted could easily and correctly be directed at you too. But I know, you're an independent thinker, who just happens to think just like an indoctrinated liberal would. "But, but, it's Bush's fault." Good boy parrot.
Translation: Baaaaaaa!
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 10:54 AM   #552
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 55,935

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Lolz. The only criticism you'll ever broker on Obama is that he's not Librul enuff.

Many on the right made similar comments about Bush back in the day. It didn't make them any more open minded. If you're willing to circle the wagons, even in the face of IRS evidence tampering and self-incrimination pleas, a simple "Obama's too centrist" platitude every now and again does nothing to absolve yourself of being just the kind of circle-jerk member you criticize others of being.

Can't tell you how many times I heard "Bush is no conservative" It did nothing to qualify the people who said it as 'independent' thinkers.
There you go again. Trying to change the subject. And this coming from the party that just tossed Cantor for not being Right Wing enough.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 10:58 AM   #553
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 19,776
Default

Quote:
“In spite of the things I felt at the time when we went into war, liberals said: We shouldn’t get involved. We shouldn’t nation-build. And there was no indication the people of Iraq had the will to be free. I thought that was insulting at the time. Everybody wants to be free. They said we couldn’t force freedom on people. Let me lead with my mistakes. You are right. Liberals, you were right. We shouldn’t have.”
– Glenn Beck
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/glenn-bec...one-into-iraq/
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 11:09 AM   #554
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 55,935

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Here: For the dummies I'll even clearly point out where Obama is making the wrong moves on Iraq. One: Trying to overthrow Maliki and replace him with somebody more favorable to U.S. interests. This is wrong on so many levels. For one thing, every single time the U.S. has tried this kind of manipulation of foreign leaders it has failed miserably and the blowback lasts decades. We are done with Iraq. They must manage their own leadership issues. We have already ****ed it up as badly as it can be ****ed up. Like the old saying goes, when you find yourself in a hole, the first thing to do is stop digging.

Two: Sending in 300 special forces as "advisers." Another stupid move. What if they get killed? Do you send in 300 more? We have been "advising" the Iraqi military for ten years. How much advice do they require? If these 300 get pinned down somewhere, how many do we send in to save them? Again, our history has proven over and over and over again, "partial" war does not work. This move does nothing beneficial whatsoever and is much more likely to lead to more disaster.

What to do? Bring in the UN. That's what they're for. Broker the Biden Plan through UN management. Partition Iraq into three separate Sunni, Kurd and Shiite countries. The present borders of Iraq are completely artificial, created by Europeans to divvy up the resources. If the world powers don't want ISIS marching on the Basra oilfields, it's time for them to get involved. Obama should get to work on building a coalition in the UN. After all, in the final analysis, this entire stinking mess was created by the European powers. They should be cleaning it up, not us.

(Gee. I hope I don't get tossed out of the "librul" bubble for the sin of independent thought.)

Last edited by Rohirrim; 06-20-2014 at 11:11 AM..
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 11:30 AM   #555
Bronco Yoda
.
 
Bronco Yoda's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 9,415
Default


Last edited by Bronco Yoda; 06-20-2014 at 11:39 AM..
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 01:52 PM   #556
Johnykbr
Perennial Pro-bowler
 
Johnykbr's Avatar
 
2.0: Now with three speeds!

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 817

Adopt-a-Bronco:
BVP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Here: For the dummies I'll even clearly point out where Obama is making the wrong moves on Iraq. One: Trying to overthrow Maliki and replace him with somebody more favorable to U.S. interests. This is wrong on so many levels. For one thing, every single time the U.S. has tried this kind of manipulation of foreign leaders it has failed miserably and the blowback lasts decades. We are done with Iraq. They must manage their own leadership issues. We have already ****ed it up as badly as it can be ****ed up. Like the old saying goes, when you find yourself in a hole, the first thing to do is stop digging.

Two: Sending in 300 special forces as "advisers." Another stupid move. What if they get killed? Do you send in 300 more? We have been "advising" the Iraqi military for ten years. How much advice do they require? If these 300 get pinned down somewhere, how many do we send in to save them? Again, our history has proven over and over and over again, "partial" war does not work. This move does nothing beneficial whatsoever and is much more likely to lead to more disaster.

What to do? Bring in the UN. That's what they're for. Broker the Biden Plan through UN management. Partition Iraq into three separate Sunni, Kurd and Shiite countries. The present borders of Iraq are completely artificial, created by Europeans to divvy up the resources. If the world powers don't want ISIS marching on the Basra oilfields, it's time for them to get involved. Obama should get to work on building a coalition in the UN. After all, in the final analysis, this entire stinking mess was created by the European powers. They should be cleaning it up, not us.

(Gee. I hope I don't get tossed out of the "librul" bubble for the sin of independent thought.)
1. Correct.
2. Eh. The Iraqi military is best trained around Baghdad. It won't hurt because they won't be going out into the field from what I heard. If that changes, then I am in agreement.
3. This plan will never work because of the oil fields. There are two main oil fields which stabilize the country. One of them is highly contested between the Sunni and Kurds. There is no possible way you can break down Iraq into three countries with only the two main oil fields unless either the Kurds or Sunni's say they're cool with being destitute.
Johnykbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 01:55 PM   #557
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 55,935

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnykbr View Post
1. Correct.
2. Eh. The Iraqi military is best trained around Baghdad. It won't hurt because they won't be going out into the field from what I heard. If that changes, then I am in agreement.
3. This plan will never work because of the oil fields. There are two main oil fields which stabilize the country. One of them is highly contested between the Sunni and Kurds. There is no possible way you can break down Iraq into three countries with only the two main oil fields unless either the Kurds or Sunni's say they're cool with being destitute.
If the Shiites can not only hold off the Sunni ISIS, but push them back, and the Kurds can hold the North and Eastern front (or also advance), it will be a done deal, whether the Sunnis want it or not. They can become a client state of the Saudis, which is what they are already.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 03:07 PM   #558
kappys
Ring of Famer
 
kappys's Avatar
 
“It will be of little avail to the

Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 4,241
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
If the Shiites can not only hold off the Sunni ISIS, but push them back, and the Kurds can hold the North and Eastern front (or also advance), it will be a done deal, whether the Sunnis want it or not. They can become a client state of the Saudis, which is what they are already.
If the Saudis accept that, which they won't and will continue to fund them. While Saudi has crushed its own Shia minority it is worth noting that the Shias in Saudi occupy the most oil rich portion of the country.
kappys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 03:47 PM   #559
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 37,267
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...ing-different/

More Presidential bull****ting discovered.



Slobber away, Slobknobbers.
another outright smoking gun. How many outright lies about huge policy decisions can this President get away with?
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 04:00 PM   #560
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 
United In Orange

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Louisville, CO
Posts: 10,120
Default

1. Iran's deputy foreign minister says that Obama's cautious response to the situation in Iraq is evidence that the US isn't serious about fighting terrorism, according to the Iranian state news agency .

Hossein Amir Abdollahian said: "Obama’s recent remarks showed that the White House lacks serious will for confronting terrorism in Iraq and the region."

2. Putin has pledged "full support" to the government of Iraq.

3. Former President George W. Bush now has a higher approval rating than Obama:

pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 04:15 PM   #561
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 55,935

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
1. Iran's deputy foreign minister says that Obama's cautious response to the situation in Iraq is evidence that the US isn't serious about fighting terrorism, according to the Iranian state news agency .

Hossein Amir Abdollahian said: "Obama’s recent remarks showed that the White House lacks serious will for confronting terrorism in Iraq and the region."

2. Putin has pledged "full support" to the government of Iraq.

3. Former President George W. Bush now has a higher approval rating than Obama:

I wonder how much of that perception is based on fact and how much is based on Fox hammering away on the president 24/7/365? It would make for an interesting study.

As far as the rest: Iran is only focused on their own motives. They've been killing our troops with IEDs for years. **** them. Same with Putin. He is our enemy. Couldn't give a **** what he thinks.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 04:29 PM   #562
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 37,267
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
I wonder how much of that perception is based on fact and how much is based on Fox hammering away on the president 24/7/365? It would make for an interesting study.

As far as the rest: Iran is only focused on their own motives. They've been killing our troops with IEDs for years. **** them. Same with Putin. He is our enemy. Couldn't give a **** what he thinks.
Would you also find it interesting to find out how much of Bush JRs unfavorable image was because so many stars and the media also bashed away?

Things like Kanye West saying Bush hates black people etc? All the Hollywood stars constantly bashing him? All the musicians with agendas calling him out at concerts.

Not like any of them really knew the issues or what they were talking about.

With Obama he still doesn't get as much bad press as Bush got. Even Carter got it worst and he wasn't a lying POS.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 06:34 PM   #563
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoBeavis's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 4,429

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
There you go again. Trying to change the subject. And this coming from the party that just tossed Cantor for not being Right Wing enough.
Cult members laughing at other cult members is a topic worthy of mention?
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 06:36 PM   #564
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 37,267
Default

When decisions don't work out Obama just lies and said he couldn't do anything about it, wasn't his fault. This guy is supposed to be the most powerful man in the world.

He's a historically bad President. When his healthcare falls apart after he leaves the debacle will become fodder for years.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 06:42 PM   #565
barryr
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 10,005

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Hmm, so if withdrawing troops was Bush's plan, then why did Obama take credit for it then? Plus, he takes credit, then when things get bad, he blames Bush's plan, the same one he just took credit for. What a surprise he wants it both ways and only credit for the good, nothing for the bad. He sounds like a little kid. I know, too much logic for Obama supporters. They can't think more than "um, Bush is stupid."
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 06:43 PM   #566
barryr
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 10,005

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
When decisions don't work out Obama just lies and said he couldn't do anything about it, wasn't his fault. This guy is supposed to be the most powerful man in the world.

He's a historically bad President. When his healthcare falls apart after he leaves the debacle will become fodder for years.
When the employer mandate comes, look out. But the Obama supporters will deny any problems no matter.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 06:50 PM   #567
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 37,267
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
When the employer mandate comes, look out. But the Obama supporters will deny any problems no matter.
He will delay that until he leaves office. Then it won't kick in and the whole thing will fall apart. Then when asked Obama will say it worked while I was in office they ruined it after me.

I believe his plan was never a working healthcare, but more just anything he felt someone else would have to make work at some point.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 06:50 PM   #568
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoBeavis's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 4,429

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
Hmm, so if withdrawing troops was Bush's plan, then why did Obama take credit for it then? Plus, he takes credit, then when things get bad, he blames Bush's plan, the same one he just took credit for. What a surprise he wants it both ways and only credit for the good, nothing for the bad. He sounds like a little kid. I know, too much logic for Obama supporters. They can't think more than "um, Bush is stupid."
It's rich. Romney says "Hey, this would be a good idea"

Obama heckles "No, way. that's a terrible idea"

**** hits fan, idea starts to look pretty good.

Obama? "Yeah, I had nothing to with that decision. Found out about it on CBS."
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 07:48 PM   #569
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 19,776
Default

Quote:
...the Cheneys’ op ed is silent on what they would do differently in Iraq today. The op-ed contains nothing even approaching a specific suggestion for what , other than to say that defeating terrorists “will require a strategy — not a fantasy. It will require sustained difficult military, intelligence and diplomatic efforts — not empty misleading rhetoric. It will require rebuilding America’s military capacity — reversing the Obama policies that have weakened our armed forces and reduced our ability to influence events around the world.”

So to recap: we need a strategy, and though they won’t tell us what that strategy might be, it should involve military, intelligence, and diplomatic efforts, and rebuilding the military. Apart from the absurd claim that the armed forces have been “weakened” (we’re still spending over $600 billion a year on the military even with the war in Iraq behind us and Afghanistan winding down), the Cheneys are about as clear on what we should do now as they were on how invading Iraq was supposed to spread peace and democracy across the Middle East.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...t-a-good-idea/

The Cheneys sound just like Beavis, cutthemdown, pricejj, and barryr!
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 08:59 PM   #570
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.
 
DenverBrit's Avatar
 
Got a breath mint??

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Denver
Posts: 12,755

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team
Default

Cheney should keep his mouth shut whenever Iraq is mentioned, and hope no one remember his role in that cluster****.
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 09:29 PM   #571
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 37,267
Default

Funny to see the left run to Cheney to try and make Obama look good. ****ing joke.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 09:31 PM   #572
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 
United In Orange

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Louisville, CO
Posts: 10,120
Default

It turns out the Iraqi's informed the Obama administration of the problem as it developed over the last few years.

The Obama administration did in fact "pick sides", supporting al-Maliki since 2013, but failed. Even at one point discussing US drone bombings that Iraq would take credit for. It's obvious Obama was trying to keep US involvement in Iraq out of the public's eye, but failed because he vastly under-estimasted the capabilities of ISIS.

His claim that the US is not going to "pick sides" is a bald-faced lie. He already picked sides, but his plan failed due to incompetence.

http://online.wsj.com/articles/secre...raq-1403308039
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 09:33 PM   #573
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 
United In Orange

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Louisville, CO
Posts: 10,120
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBrit View Post
Cheney should keep his mouth shut whenever Iraq is mentioned, and hope no one remember his role in that cluster****.
The US won, moron. As I detailed above, Obama lost it.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 09:37 PM   #574
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 37,267
Default

All the left can say is there were no WMD. But if you go back to that time there was much more Saddam had done that warranted his removal.

Bush and Cheney should have never relied so much on WMD because they knew the reasons went far beyond that. He was paying terrorists to attack Israel and was the only country in the region to have invaded countries twice under his leadership. Iran and Kuwait. He shot at UN mandated jets in a no fly zone. He fouled the gulf and set more fires then arsonist on crack. He deserved to go more than any dictator around and got what he needed to get.

Bush's other big mistake was disbanding the army and setting our troops out to get blown up. Also not taking all the oil we needed to pay for it. I was very pissed about Cheney saying we could make the money back in oil and we never did. That is some ****ed up ****. War with no spoils. ****ing BS. That isn't how we built our power.

But Obama's ****ups are on a whole other level.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 09:46 PM   #575
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 
United In Orange

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Louisville, CO
Posts: 10,120
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
All the left can say is there were no WMD.
There were WMD's. ISIS just took over Saddam's chemical weapon's compound.



It's just more lies from Hillary Clinton et al. making up lies to deflect blame from themselves for voting for the war in Iraq. Don't believe ANY of their narrative. Not a single word of it. Every word out of their mouth is a lie.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:21 PM.


Denver Broncos