The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-19-2014, 03:28 PM   #526
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBrit View Post
Who is calling those countries 'Obama successes' and 'victories for Obama'??

How about stepping up and posting facts instead of repeating what the little voices in your head are telling you?
Too much work for him. Hasty generalizations and strawmen are much easier to throw out there.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 03:32 PM   #527
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
More cockamamie bull**** from Price. For days he's been posting how Obama had captured the leader of ISIS and then let him go! For shame! For shame!

Here's how wiki has the story:
Al-Baghdadi was captured in 2005 and held at Camp Bucca, a U.S.-controlled detention facility in Iraq, until his transfer to Iraqi control in 2009. The U.S. built a solid case for detention,[12][13] but he was released by the Iraqi government in 2009 under an agreement signed by President George W. Bush the previous year.[14] At the time, he was not regarded as an exceptionally dangerous militant.[14]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abu_Bakr_al-Baghdadi

If at first you don't succeed, make **** up.
I never said Obama captured al-Baghdadi. How could he, the guy was captured in 2006? Stop lying. This article claims Obama released al-Baghdadi, and that's what I posted. Another lie by you saying I "made it up":
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...years-ago.html

You can keep lying, but I won't let you get away with it.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 03:34 PM   #528
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Any Obama supporter:

Do you now support Obama's war in Iraq? Or are you still against it?
Old 06-19-2014, 03:35 PM   #529
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Also, according to the US military, al-Baghdadi was indeed a threat:

http://7online.com/news/isis-terror-...w-york/120688/
Old 06-19-2014, 03:59 PM   #530
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
I never said Obama captured al-Baghdadi. How could he, the guy was captured in 2006? Stop lying. This article claims Obama released al-Baghdadi, and that's what I posted. Another lie by you saying I "made it up":
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...years-ago.html

You can keep lying, but I won't let you get away with it.
Oh. The Daily Mail. Okay.

And which account is factual, the propaganda hysterics of the Daily Mail, or the Wiki account?
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 04:02 PM   #531
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Also, according to the US military, al-Baghdadi was indeed a threat:

http://7online.com/news/isis-terror-...w-york/120688/
That article supports the Wiki account. It says that he was not considered a threat at the time. Also, it has to do with the NYPD, not the military.
Old 06-19-2014, 04:39 PM   #532
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:

And which account is factual, the propaganda hysterics of the Daily Mail, or the Wiki account?

Well known tabloid usually referred to as the 'Daily Fail.'

Probably the most unreliable source of anything to come out of Fleet St.
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 04:57 PM   #533
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

^ From that report, Bush's policy was to transfer custody to the Iraqi's in 2009 (while Obama was President), not to release them.

So Obama is only to blame for giving the guy guns, got it.

Regardless, are you guys now supporting US involvement in Iraq?
Old 06-19-2014, 05:44 PM   #534
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
^ From that report, Bush's policy was to transfer custody to the Iraqi's in 2009 (while Obama was President), not to release them.

So Obama is only to blame for giving the guy guns, got it.

Regardless, are you guys now supporting US involvement in Iraq?
And, like the Wiki article states, the U.S. asked the Iraqis to detain him, but they let him go.
Old 06-19-2014, 06:14 PM   #535
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Rand Paul: http://online.wsj.com/articles/sen-r...war-1403219558

Paul reflects my views exactly on this issue. Stay out of Iraq's civil war.

1. Saying it is Bush's fault ignores the many horrible decisions Obama (and Hillary Clinton) has made in Libya, Egypt, and Syria, leading up to this mess.
2. Saying it is Obama's fault ignores Bush's initial role in the war.
3. We should not be putting any troops in Iraq (Obama has already publicly stated he is sending at least 575 troops).
4. Obama should go through Congress, if not Paul opposes any action.
5. Do not completely rule out airstrikes, but many questions need to be answered first.

It should be noted that Hillary Clinton has went back and forth several times on the Iraq War issue, while also documenting that she would have given more arms to the same Syrian Rebels who are now invading Iraq.
Old 06-19-2014, 07:41 PM   #536
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

Weren't you just touting MSNBC's journalistic credibility not all that long ago?
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 08:04 PM   #537
Rascal
RIP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf

hate to say he is right, but damn, it sure does look like Biden's plan is the best course of action. And with Turkey officials stating that they support a Kurdish state, supported by their oil pipeline contracts, it might be time to implement that plan.

One thing I know for sure....this is an internal Iraqi issue and I do not want ANY troops sent over there. We've wasted enough $$ trying to rebuild that sand box, time to spend that $$ here at home. Not to mention Maliki is a turning into Bashar al-Assad 2.0.

And this situation was caused by a lying president (Bush/Cheney) and exacerbated by a feeble president in Obama. The Cheney statement, "rarely has a US President been so wrong about so much" is so dumb it defies description.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...082301419.html
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/joseph...b_5506571.html
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5504309.html
http://www.military.com/daily-news/2...3317828&rank=1

Last edited by Rascal; 06-19-2014 at 08:12 PM..
Rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 09:49 PM   #538
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rascal View Post
hate to say he is right, but damn, it sure does look like Biden's plan is the best course of action. And with Turkey officials stating that they support a Kurdish state, supported by their oil pipeline contracts, it might be time to implement that plan.

One thing I know for sure....this is an internal Iraqi issue and I do not want ANY troops sent over there. We've wasted enough $$ trying to rebuild that sand box, time to spend that $$ here at home. Not to mention Maliki is a turning into Bashar al-Assad 2.0.

And this situation was caused by a lying president (Bush/Cheney) and exacerbated by a feeble president in Obama. The Cheney statement, "rarely has a US President been so wrong about so much" is so dumb it defies description.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...082301419.html
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/joseph...b_5506571.html
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5504309.html
http://www.military.com/daily-news/2...3317828&rank=1

So Saddam became an issue for the US in March, 2003. Interesting.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 05:59 AM   #539
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Who is calling those countries 'Obama successes' and 'victories for Obama'??

How about stepping up and posting facts instead of repeating what the little voices in your head are telling you?
Some guy named Biden for one. I know, it didn't really happen. Of course he was against the troop surge, but maybe that was before he was for it.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 06:01 AM   #540
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Too much work for him. Hasty generalizations and strawmen are much easier to throw out there.
As opposed to what you do, go around with your petty childish remarks about posters, sending nasty messages to people all around here and acting the fool on a daily basis. Yeah, congrats
Old 06-20-2014, 06:20 AM   #541
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...ing-different/

More Presidential bull****ting discovered.

Quote:
"With regards to Iraq, you and I agreed, I believe, that there should be a status of forces agreement," Romney told Obama as the two convened on the Lynn University campus in Boca Raton, Fla., that October evening. "That’s not true," Obama interjected. “Oh, you didn't want a status of forces agreement?” Romney asked as an argument ensued. “No,” Obama said. “What I would not have done is left 10,000 troops in Iraq that would tie us down. That certainly would not help us in the Middle East.”

On Thursday, Obama addressed reporters in the White House Briefing Room about Iraq’s latest crisis. “Do you wish you had left a residual force in Iraq? Any regrets about that decision in 2011?” a reporter asked. “Well, keep in mind that wasn’t a decision made by me,” Obama said. “That was a decision made by the Iraqi government.”
Slobber away, Slobknobbers.
Old 06-20-2014, 06:51 AM   #542
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...ing-different/

More Presidential bull****ting discovered.

Slobber away, Slobknobbers.
No matter how many times people on the Left criticize Obama, you mouthbreathers on the Right will accuse them of being his devotees. Why? Because to be a member of the troglodyte Right, you have to be a slave to the whole package. To live in the rightard bubble, you have to be able to parrot ALL the talking points, otherwise you get kicked out of the club. You guys baaaa along with the herd and must assume that on the other side of the fence is just another herd with a different baaaa. That's how the Right Wing propaganda machine keeps pulling you rightards along - by the nose ring.
Old 06-20-2014, 07:11 AM   #543
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
No matter how many times people on the Left criticize Obama, you mouthbreathers on the Right will accuse them of being his devotees. Why? Because to be a member of the troglodyte Right, you have to be a slave to the whole package. To live in the rightard bubble, you have to be able to parrot ALL the talking points, otherwise you get kicked out of the club. You guys baaaa along with the herd and must assume that on the other side of the fence is just another herd with a different baaaa. That's how the Right Wing propaganda machine keeps pulling you rightards along - by the nose ring.
Lolz. The only criticism you'll ever broker on Obama is that he's not Librul enuff.

Many on the right made similar comments about Bush back in the day. It didn't make them any more open minded. If you're willing to circle the wagons, even in the face of IRS evidence tampering and self-incrimination pleas, a simple "Obama's too centrist" platitude every now and again does nothing to absolve yourself of being just the kind of circle-jerk member you criticize others of being.

Can't tell you how many times I heard "Bush is no conservative" It did nothing to qualify the people who said it as 'independent' thinkers.
Old 06-20-2014, 07:37 AM   #544
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
Some guy named Biden for one. I know, it didn't really happen. Of course he was against the troop surge, but maybe that was before he was for it.
If Biden said that, post the quote, why so shy?
Old 06-20-2014, 07:40 AM   #545
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
, you have to be kidding. Yeah, the liberals criticism of Obama just fill countless threads around here, much less their websites. How about criticisms other than "Bush did it too" which somehow excuses him or Obama isn't liberal enough? Nah, requires too much thought. Many liberals like to believe their are objective and independent thinkers, but reality says another. Liberals also believe their websites where they get their news are objective too. All of their sites are love fests for Obama and ready made excuses for him on every subject. Not to mention finding some way to blame a republican for Obama's gaffes. As for talking points, you liberals take the cake on that. About everything you just spouted could easily and correctly be directed at you too. But I know, you're an independent thinker, who just happens to think just like an indoctrinated liberal would. "But, but, it's Bush's fault." Good boy parrot.
Old 06-20-2014, 07:42 AM   #546
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
If Biden said that, post the quote, why so shy?
Why not look it up yourself lazy liberal. Not interested in your usual dismissal "oh, that came from a conservative website" idiocy while you link stories from liberal sites as gospel. Do it yourself.
Old 06-20-2014, 07:50 AM   #547
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
Why not look it up yourself lazy liberal. Not interested in your usual dismissal "oh, that came from a conservative website" idiocy while you link stories from liberal sites as gospel. Do it yourself.
I asked for a quote to support your argument. Why so defensive??

As for the source, do you understand the difference between a 'quote' and an 'opinion'? Do you??
Old 06-20-2014, 08:07 AM   #548
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
I asked for a quote to support your argument. Why so defensive??
As I said, he can generalize. Facts and arguments with support are not his strong suit.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 08:38 AM   #549
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
As I said, he can generalize. Facts and arguments with support are not his strong suit.

It's somewhat akin to talking with a blinkered parrot.
Old 06-20-2014, 09:38 AM   #550
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD4HOF View Post
A set of criteria?!?!?!

Oh man, you’re even worse than I thought. Not gonna waste energy on that.

I’m no Obama sycophant, although I do support him. But blaming Iraq on him is American Whitey at his finest.
Oh jeez
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote