The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2014, 08:46 PM   #251
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMORE View Post
Stopped reading at " according to WND sources".
peacepipe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 08:46 PM   #252
Paladin
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
If that were true my penis would have exploded years ago.
That's how you got low-T.....
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 08:50 PM   #253
BMORE
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
That is what private security is for. It isn't like they woke one morning in Iraq and said where the **** is everybody.
Well they were abandon by the Iraqi Military. Are you saying this was their choice and oh well?
BMORE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 08:59 PM   #254
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

This is an interesting delimma for private contractor security forces and the US Military/Feds who enabled their presence in Iraq.
Tombstone RJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 09:02 PM   #255
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 09:09 PM   #256
Willynowei
Some dude

Football is a wonderful thing.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

C'mon, blaming this on Obama? He inherited a problem that the Bush Administration created knowingly. I've always been conservative but i have no problem calling it like it is. We went into Iraq knowing the hornets nest that would be created.

Guaranteed political instability leads to fighting, leads to a weakened state, leads to a haven for violence, poverty, terrorism. They have huge reports on these things detailing all the risks etc.

It was a cost benefit analysis; political instability leads to many problems - one of them is new regimes that are worse than the previous ones. Attracting terrorism is the cost of doing business sometimes.

Last edited by Willynowei; 06-13-2014 at 09:14 PM..
Willynowei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 09:19 PM   #257
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

The really sick part is I think Obama financed these guys in Syria, by illegally running guns through Libya. Which is precisely why the US Embassy in Benghazi was attacked.

Now, Obama is literally going to be sending more weapons to Iraq to fight against the weapons that he just sold to the Syrian extremists.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 09:44 PM   #258
ant1999e
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Well they were abandon by the Iraqi Military. Are you saying this was their choice and oh well?
He doesn't care about them now but when Obama trades each one for ten terrorists it will be a different story.
ant1999e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 09:58 PM   #259
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant1999e View Post
This shyt is so funny. These guys were giving obama all the praise and accolades for pulling our troops out of Iraq. Not surprisingly now that it isn't going so well it's bush's fault.
It sure as hell is Bush's fault. Who else's fault is it? Cheney's? Wolfowitz'?Valerie Plame's? Colin Powell's? Who do you blame it on? Once Bush put boots on the ground it was **** sandwiches all around. Like Powell said, break it you buy it. What would you have us do, keep a couple of hundred thousand troops in Iraq for the next fifty years? Because that's what it would take. What are the right wingers doing blaming it on Obama? They should be blaming themselves for voting for Bush. The Iraq invasion was doomed to failure from the start. Oh, and BTW, they had nothing to do with 911.

The funny thing is that Biden's plan may be the final solution after all. Let them split that country up into smaller countries. After all, there is no Iraq. The Brits just threw it together after WWI. Have Kurdistan in the North. A Shiite country in the South. Sunni in the West. Whatever.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 10:15 PM   #260
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
The really sick part is I think Obama financed these guys in Syria, by illegally running guns through Libya. Which is precisely why the US Embassy in Benghazi was attacked.

Now, Obama is literally going to be sending more weapons to Iraq to fight against the weapons that he just sold to the Syrian extremists.
You should stop thinking,it's not one of your strengths.
Old 06-13-2014, 10:18 PM   #261
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
He doesn't care about them now but when Obama trades each one for ten terrorists it will be a different story.
It's not the US military's job to play bodyguard. These contractors all knew the risks and are milking enough of our tax money lining their pockets to hire a private security force.
Old 06-13-2014, 10:21 PM   #262
bombay
Ring of Famer

Is it at all interesting that the Kurds took Kirkuk today without breaking a sweat?
bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 10:22 PM   #263
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Exactly.

2009: Obama is going to bring the troops home! He made good on his promise!

2014: Well we had to leave because the government told us to and Bush made this mess. Really Obama is just an innocent bystander. All eight years of his presidency have just been a lot of gosh-darn bad luck.
BOOOOIING - Instant woody ==========>
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 10:23 PM   #264
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post

Don't think so much. Try gathering facts.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 10:57 PM   #265
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
Don't think so much. Try gathering facts.
Those are the facts. Here's the paper trail:

Obama releases al-Baghdadi, leader of Syrian Rebels in Iraq:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...years-ago.html

Obama secretly gun-running weapons through Libya to Syrian Rebels, leading to Benghazi disaster:
http://townhall.com/columnists/katie...0051/page/full

Obama signs order to support Syrian Rebels:
http://www.cnn.com/2012/08/01/us/syr...aid/index.html

Syrian Rebels invade Iraq:
http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/13/world/...iraq-violence/

Obama sends $15B more weapons to Iraq, pledges further support:
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/14/wo...iraq.html?_r=0

As a US taxpayer, I'm utterly disgusted. I feel real bad for the US military. I'm sure they're thinking, "I risked my life for this a-hole?" Not to mention the dead and wounded.
Old 06-13-2014, 11:01 PM   #266
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Who else's fault is it?
Number one on my list would be the guy who released the ISIS leader from jail, then sold him the weapons, then refused to support Iraq when they requested it.
Old 06-13-2014, 11:39 PM   #267
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombay View Post
The Kurds seemingly didn't break a sweat taking Kirkuk from the douches. Maybe they could be persuaded to go all the way to Baghdad. haha
Because the Kurds want their own homeland and obviously will fight for it even when Iraqi military cuts and runs. This will be the closest they get to their own country.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 11:54 PM   #268
bombay
Ring of Famer

No kidding.
bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 03:06 AM   #269
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Because the Kurds want their own homeland and obviously will fight for it even when Iraqi military cuts and runs. This will be the closest they get to their own country.
Just break up Iraq, Bosnia-style. The kurds get a part in the north, the Sunnis gets a parth and the Shia get a part. We send Iran an email with a picture of how many nuclear warheads are pointed at them and let them know they will regret attacking any of the former Iraqi nations - unless one of the iraqi nations attacks another one, in that case the collective west would be fine looking the other way for a bit. Let fear of the Iranians keep the nutcases in line and split them up so they won't fight.

I know the Turks are going to be upset about that, but you have to tell them that if they don't pipe down the next place the freedom gun will point will be the Armenian and Kurdish minorities in Eastern Turkey.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 05:04 AM   #270
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombay View Post
Is it at all interesting that the Kurds took Kirkuk today without breaking a sweat?
The ISIS are ragtag army that beat the Iraq brigades because of bad Iraq leadership. The Kurds created and sustained their military after the US trainers left.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 08:26 AM   #271
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Obama, the ME expert, claimed Iraq would be fine and didn't believe there was a threat to terrorists taking over Iraq once our troops left. His admin. was warned months ago of what was about to happen, but didn't believe it and probably still doesn't. He's probably just like other liberals, if it isn't in liberal websites, it didn't happen.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 09:01 AM   #272
Kevin8Nine
Perennial Pro-bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
A little to this party, but has there been discussion of the 200 DOD contractors who have been abandoned and are fighting for their lives right now?
These contractors make more money in 6 months than a doctor or engineer makes in a year in the states. They get paid like that because they are willing to take the risk of working in a lexremely dangerous location. They knew the risks. They gambled their lives to make lots of money. Im not too worried bout them.
Kevin8Nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 09:06 AM   #273
ant1999e
Ring of Famer

I guess our level of concern for fellow Americans in harms way depends on how much money they make.
ant1999e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 09:08 AM   #274
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
Obama, the ME expert, claimed Iraq would be fine and didn't believe there was a threat to terrorists taking over Iraq once our troops left. His admin. was warned months ago of what was about to happen, but didn't believe it and probably still doesn't. He's probably just like other liberals, if it isn't in liberal websites, it didn't happen.
Iraq is a bi-partisan clusterfoock, so stop your partisan whining. Really, just stop.
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 09:11 AM   #275
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
I guess our level of concern for fellow Americans in harms way depends on how much money they make.
That mirrors domestic concern.
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote