The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-11-2014, 08:45 PM   #51
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Battle of Athens, McMinn Co., TN for those who wonder why the 2nd Amendment exists....
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 08:58 PM   #52
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin8Nine View Post
The issue is not with any sort of weapon - Gun, sword, knife, ect.

The issue is with the media making these shooters famous, giving them the attention they desire.

It could also be the fact that society is shifting from a community to where everyone would communicate with one another and cared about one another, to the society we have now.

It is hard to pinpoint the psychological cause, but one thing I do know, is guns are not the problem. We the people needs guns to protect us just in case the government goes crazy.
It is kind of like this
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (66.4 KB, 140 views)
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 09:12 PM   #53
Meck77

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
We've had a billion + 1 debates on this here at the mane. Frankly, I'm exhausted talking about this issue.

My stance is the same. Assault rifles have no place in the hands of normal American's..
Wow...Normal American. What is that? Are you normal?

Dude take a look at this video. This is Ukraine in Feb. The government turned on the people and started killing them. The people had garbage cans for shields and that is about that. There is a reason we have the right to bear arms.

Now the Russians have invaded and the people are scrambling to protect themselves and save their asses. Americans think that everything will always stay the same here. Maybe.

Warning...Don't watch this in front of your kids. Don't watch this if you don't want to face reality of what happens in the world on a DAILY BASIS.
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 10:20 PM   #54
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meck77 View Post
Wow...Normal American. What is that? Are you normal?

Dude take a look at this video. This is Ukraine in Feb. The government turned on the people and started killing them. The people had garbage cans for shields and that is about that. There is a reason we have the right to bear arms.

Now the Russians have invaded and the people are scrambling to protect themselves and save their asses. Americans think that everything will always stay the same here. Maybe.

Warning...Don't watch this in front of your kids. Don't watch this if you don't want to face reality of what happens in the world on a DAILY BASIS.
So you think the American government is going to turn on us all? Could you explain how that could even be possible in this country, in this day and age? This ain't exactly the Ukraine you know.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 11:28 PM   #55
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

^ They already are. Either you agree with every policy they create to take away your individual rights and control your life and money or you are labeled a terrorist.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 12:19 AM   #56
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Gun murder rate correlates with gun ownership in the 50 states:

Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 12:44 AM   #57
SimonFletcher73
Pro Bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Goose Gonsoulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghwk View Post
Troll
Maybe too much credit here.
SimonFletcher73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 06:14 AM   #58
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

Weak / stupid people are terrified of individual liberty and personal responsibility.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 07:20 AM   #59
Johnykbr
Perennial Pro-bowler

2.0: Now with three speeds!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
BVP

Quote:
So you think the American government is going to turn on us all? Could you explain how that could even be possible in this country, in this day and age? This ain't exactly the Ukraine you know.
A lot of Ukrainians I'm sure never thought this would happen when the last president was elected.
Johnykbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 07:52 AM   #60
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
Weak / stupid people are terrified of individual liberty and personal responsibility.
I blame much of what goes on today with poor parenting. So many kids today have irresponsible parents, so that is what they see and copy and get no guidance or reinforcement of what is right and wrong.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 08:17 AM   #61
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Large View Post

As for the Bill of Rights, a durable document, I see the framers leaving room for changes in the intention of the 2nd... They wanted the citizens to have a right to his 1 shot loader... Did they intend to have a citizen armed with high capacity, high rate of fire weapon- that could be misused in the way they have been used today? On the flip side, did then envision smart bombs, nuclear weaponry and the capacity and scope of modern government weaponry? Lol, probably not.

I tend side on the Rights enumerated to the responsible individual, even if that means sad consrequnces to a fraction of the populace... It's a slippery slope once you begin peeling back rights and civil liberties.
I think the founders wanted the citizens to have access to the same weaponry that the government has.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 08:26 AM   #62
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Why are people still in the mode that government with full control somehow does not impede on people's rights? It happens all over the world as examples, but oh, it can never happen in the U.S. Yeah, just like thousands of people crossing our borders and nobody knowing what to do with them can't happen either. Oh wait, that's happening right now. Glad our borders are so secure. It really helps to keep the guns and drugs out, not to mention possible terrorists, but looking for more voters is priority it seems.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 08:28 AM   #63
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
I think the founders wanted the citizens to have access to the same weaponry that the government has.
SCOTUS has already ruled 2nd amendment doesn't equal right to have same guns as government.
peacepipe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 08:36 AM   #64
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
SCOTUS has already ruled 2nd amendment doesn't equal right to have same guns as government.
SCOTUS is not infallible either.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 09:01 AM   #65
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
yes, it can absolutely happen in the USA due to apathy by the general population, ignorance and a complete lack of personal responsibility. This is where America is heading right now.

Everyone blame shifts in the USA, no one takes personal responsibility. This is why instead of blaming the shooter for their actions, people want to blame someone else. For example, when I was in Denver during the Columbine fiasco, people were blaming the school, the administrators, the councilors, the police and society as a whole rather than just accepting the fact that two pyscho's decided to go crazy and try and blow up a school.

I always said that if you are going to blameshift for some kid's killing spree, you should start with the parents of the kids, and it needs to go no farther than that. Don't blame the guns, blame the parents who allowed a 17 year old to have an armory in their room, with hate speech and explosives.

But instead, idiots (like yourself) will punish me and all law abiding citizens by enacting more laws, hoping that this will somehow curb violence. It won't. When you take responsibility away from the individual and put it on society then that allows the government to intrude on personal liberty and dictate how you live. It also enables criminals to take advantage of the system (as they always do) so that the only people who have guns are either in the government or are criminals. There's a reason the 2nd amendment exists, and that reason is very simple: the government WILL ABUSE IT'S POWER.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 09:06 AM   #66
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Govt wants to control what we eat, how we parent, our health, how much we drive, etc etc. it's not entirely crazy to think something like that could happen. Not over night of course, but over years.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 09:10 AM   #67
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Sounds like we have a lot of posters here who are interested in having their own Lord of the Flies experiment.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 09:17 AM   #68
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Sounds like we have a lot of posters here who are interested in having their own Lord of the Flies experiment.
Would be hard to counter all those bullets the DHS stockpiled recently with sticks and coconut shells.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 09:29 AM   #69
B-Large
Ring of Famer

Expunged... Accidently?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
I believe Scalia opined that no where in the Consitution does it say Citizens access to weaponry be limited.... but does not go as far as to say we as society should not undertake the role os putting resonably limits on guns and weapons.

That being said, I want one of these. I think I would have a huge boner and it would probably prohibit swiviling the gun around:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qkEmM2V9BQ
B-Large is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 10:08 AM   #70
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoydogs View Post
I would disagree on both counts. Example some wackjob in a truck decides to take a left and go through a school play yard at lunch. The totals would be much worse then what you described.
True on that count. Worst school massacre in history basically didn't require any firearms (though one was used to ignite the last small explosive that he killed himself with)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bath_School_disaster
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 10:22 AM   #71
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoydogs View Post
There was another school shooting yesterday here in Oregon.

Why is it when someone gets shot with a gun it's the guns fault but it they get hit with a car or stabbed with a knife it's the person fault ect...?

I just don't get it. Look forward to your input.
Because it makes a better & easier political issue for the intellectually lazy & corrupt politicians AND media. Dealing with the mentally ill for the massacres, or the breakdown of the family for Chicago's inner city, for example, is not easy for them; blaming guns is. Btw, Chicago has some of the toughest gun laws in the country, but leads the nation homicides. There is a Sandy Hook going on every day in Chicago, but these same hypocrites(politicians & media) couldn't give a rat's ***. Go figure.

They can raise a ton of cash on gun control issues on both sides of the political isle. But actually dealing with the mentally ill and fatherless families? No way, there is no money or political gain in it for them.
R8R H8R is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 10:41 AM   #72
B-Large
Ring of Famer

Expunged... Accidently?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by R8R H8R View Post
Because it makes a better & easier political issue for the intellectually lazy & corrupt politicians AND media. Dealing with the mentally ill for the massacres, or the breakdown of the family for Chicago's inner city, for example, is not easy for them; blaming guns is. Btw, Chicago has some of the toughest gun laws in the country, but leads the nation homicides. There is a Sandy Hook going on every day in Chicago, but these same hypocrites(politicians & media) couldn't give a rat's ***. Go figure.

They can raise a ton of cash on gun control issues on both sides of the political isle. But actually dealing with the mentally ill and fatherless families? No way, there is no money or political gain in it for them.
I wish people would seperate inner city criminals killing each other from mass shootings- they really are not a parallel comparison for the gun control debate.

Also, there seems to be a comfort zone in pushing the "dealing with mental illness" point as it relates to gun violence. People who are crazy enough to walk into a Mall and start shooting are not very likely to seek out mentall illness services- because they are indeed mentally ill. So when someone says "Its the Mental Health System", what are the proposals to change that- commit huge outlays to the Mental Health Services? Well, teh ACA did that 75 of the Nation hates that they have to carry non core medical benfits like Mental Health coverage. Liberalize the criteria for commitment, start setting aisde the right of people we "believe" to be dangerous, but are not?

Its interesting you say Politicians don't really give a sh*t about killing in Chicago- and mayeb that's true. but is the same just as true that Americans outwardly express outrage at Mass Shootings, but inside it didn't happen to them and they really don't care that much at the end of the day- but saying "our thoughts and prayers are with them and their families" just makes us feel better?

I am at the point where I would rather just hear people say "Guns are a right, we are not going to ban them, the violence is going to continue we we accept that"- I can actually live with that I think.
B-Large is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 10:46 AM   #73
ghwk
Ring of Famer

Survivor survivor!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Large View Post
I believe Scalia opined that no where in the Consitution does it say Citizens access to weaponry be limited.... but does not go as far as to say we as society should not undertake the role os putting resonably limits on guns and weapons.

That being said, I want one of these. I think I would have a huge boner and it would probably prohibit swiviling the gun around:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qkEmM2V9BQ
I want one of those on my car because there are some people that seriously piss me off when I commute to and from work everyday.
ghwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 10:52 AM   #74
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

One of these days, the teachers union will fork over the cash to have a trained security guard at every school (the schools that have security guards now, don't have problems).

Until then, they will steal as much money as they possibly can from taxpayers for their own retirement and healthcare.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 10:59 AM   #75
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
yes, it can absolutely happen in the USA due to apathy by the general population, ignorance and a complete lack of personal responsibility. This is where America is heading right now.

Everyone blame shifts in the USA, no one takes personal responsibility. This is why instead of blaming the shooter for their actions, people want to blame someone else. For example, when I was in Denver during the Columbine fiasco, people were blaming the school, the administrators, the councilors, the police and society as a whole rather than just accepting the fact that two pyscho's decided to go crazy and try and blow up a school.

I always said that if you are going to blameshift for some kid's killing spree, you should start with the parents of the kids, and it needs to go no farther than that. Don't blame the guns, blame the parents who allowed a 17 year old to have an armory in their room, with hate speech and explosives.

But instead, idiots (like yourself) will punish me and all law abiding citizens by enacting more laws, hoping that this will somehow curb violence. It won't. When you take responsibility away from the individual and put it on society then that allows the government to intrude on personal liberty and dictate how you live. It also enables criminals to take advantage of the system (as they always do) so that the only people who have guns are either in the government or are criminals. There's a reason the 2nd amendment exists, and that reason is very simple: the government WILL ABUSE IT'S POWER.
Hey, **** YOU a-hole. I never called anybody an idiot for the way they believe. So stick it up you'r f'n A hole dude.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote