The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2014, 06:56 AM   #1
vancejohnson82
Shabby

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points
Default OT- Framed Jersey Help

Hey all, just looking to see if anyone has any tips:

Have a few framed jerseys and pictures up in my basement and over the course of the last few days some mold has begun to infiltrate from the back and now has made its way onto two jerseys (Manning and Elway)...

first, anything I can put in the framing to thwart the mold from growing...also, what would you suggest for getting the mold off the jerseys...its not on the signatures just yet

also just purchased a de-humidifier to put in the basement

Thanks for any help...and double thanks whoever ends up turning this thread sideways
vancejohnson82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2014, 07:10 AM   #2
SleepingTiger
Ring of Famer

Ole J

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tony Carter

i think its best that you try to figure out where that humidity is coming from, because mold will soon grow everywhere. once that happens, it will be very expensive and the jerseys will be that least of your concern.

also, that dehumidifier is just a temp fix.
SleepingTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 10:33 AM   #3
vancejohnson82
Shabby

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepingTiger View Post
i think its best that you try to figure out where that humidity is coming from, because mold will soon grow everywhere. once that happens, it will be very expensive and the jerseys will be that least of your concern.

also, that dehumidifier is just a temp fix.

Thanks...we had a flood in December...the team that came in and ripped apart our house said we were good to go, but I'm assuming I should have another opinion on that?
vancejohnson82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 01:14 PM   #4
SleepingTiger
Ring of Famer

Ole J

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tony Carter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancejohnson82 View Post
Thanks...we had a flood in December...the team that came in and ripped apart our house said we were good to go, but I'm assuming I should have another opinion on that?
sorry, im not into construction or anything like that. I am just using common sense. it takes quite a bit of humidity, stagnant air for mold to grow. the fact that its growing in your picture frame should raise a huge red flag. that means that areas in your basement that is collecting moisture that has stagnant air is growing mold as well. walls? inside your sofa? mattress? closet? ceiling?

i would get the insurance company out quick and have them reinspect the house for mold. i think you already know how dangerous mold can be. breathing in the spores can you sick and can have long term side effects. i wouldn't be hanging around your basement until i know for sure the problem is fixed.
Old 06-18-2014, 01:16 PM   #5
SleepingTiger
Ring of Famer

Ole J

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tony Carter

while you're at it, tell the insurance company the mold has ruined your autographed jerseys and have them pay for it!