The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2014, 07:40 AM   #1
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer
 
LikeABoss5820's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 4,459

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default Chris Harris says he's 85% recovered from ACL surgery.

Broncos CB Harris says he's 85% recovered from ACL surgery.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...gn=Twitter_atl

"I'm doing great, man," Harris told the World. "I'm probably about 85 percent right. I have one more month of training and then I finally get (medically) released so I'm excited about that."
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2014, 08:08 AM   #2
baja
Headmaster
 
baja's Avatar
 
The Fixer

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 61,388

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeABoss5820 View Post
Broncos CB Harris says he's 85% recovered from ACL surgery.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...gn=Twitter_atl

"I'm doing great, man," Harris told the World. "I'm probably about 85 percent right. I have one more month of training and then I finally get (medically) released so I'm excited about that."
Quote:
"I've never had that much talent around me to play with, so I think it is going to be fun to play with a bunch of guys that are just as talented as me," Harris said.

Wonder what Champ Would say about that.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 08:12 AM   #3
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer
 
LikeABoss5820's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 4,459

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Wonder what Champ Would say about that.
Think he's talking about Roby, Ware, Ward, guess you can say Talib as well.

And some guys coming back from injury.

I mean, i dont think Harris is wrong here, lot of talent he'll be playing with provided he's ready to go Week 1.
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 08:42 AM   #4
Johnykbr
Perennial Pro-bowler
 
Johnykbr's Avatar
 
2.0: Now with three speeds!

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 817

Adopt-a-Bronco:
BVP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Wonder what Champ Would say about that.
Yeah I was kind of shocked at first but I'm certain he doesn't realize the insult that could be gathered from his statement.
Johnykbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 08:47 AM   #5
baja
Headmaster
 
baja's Avatar
 
The Fixer

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 61,388

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnykbr View Post
Yeah I was kind of shocked at first but I'm certain he doesn't realize the insult that could be gathered from his statement.
Ya I think he was speaking about the sum of the talent but it did not come out that way.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 09:05 AM   #6
Rabb
No Luca, No!
 
Rabb's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 8,034

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Wonder what Champ Would say about that.
Emotional allegiances aside...he's correct. And I don't think he said that as a backhanded thing to Champ either, it's the fans and media that will spin it.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 09:48 AM   #7
Bronc0guy
50 Omaha Set Hut
 
Bronc0guy's Avatar
 
Get him in the HOF

Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,324

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cody Latimer
Default

Love Champ, but he certainly wasn't on the same level as Harris last year. Pretty sure he meant the team/defense as a whole, no ill intent. Hope he's ready to roll week one.
Bronc0guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 09:52 AM   #8
baja
Headmaster
 
baja's Avatar
 
The Fixer

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 61,388

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
Emotional allegiances aside...he's correct. And I don't think he said that as a backhanded thing to Champ either, it's the fans and media that will spin it.
Last year yes
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 09:55 AM   #9
baja
Headmaster
 
baja's Avatar
 
The Fixer

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 61,388

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronc0guy View Post
Love Champ, but he certainly wasn't on the same level as Harris last year. Pretty sure he meant the team/defense as a whole, no ill intent. Hope he's ready to roll week one.


I agree
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 10:09 AM   #10
Rabb
No Luca, No!
 
Rabb's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 8,034

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Last year yes
Debatable, Champ hasn't been the same for 2 seasons now.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 10:14 AM   #11
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer
 
LikeABoss5820's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 4,459

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
Debatable, Champ hasn't been the same for 2 seasons now.
Debateable for sure.

Minus AJ Green/Torrey, Champ was elite in 2012.
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 10:24 AM   #12
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.
 
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun's Avatar
 
Time to believe!

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Gensis Planet
Posts: 6,891

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Wonder what Champ Would say about that.
Well by the time Harris saw Champ, he became a mortal man . Not the superman we knew
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 10:39 AM   #13
Brohemoth
Seasoned Veteran
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 387

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Wonder what Champ Would say about that.
Doubt his comment implies Champ at all. Probably more towards guys like Duke and Ayers.
Brohemoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 01:19 PM   #14
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoMan4ever's Avatar
 
That's just like your opinion, man

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 13,509

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Wonder what Champ Would say about that.
Champ in 2011 might have had something to say about that, Champ in 2012 and 2013 couldn't say **** about that comment.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 01:24 PM   #15
baja
Headmaster
 
baja's Avatar
 
The Fixer

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 61,388

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
Champ in 2011 might have had something to say about that, Champ in 2012 and 2013 couldn't say **** about that comment.
In 2012 Champ was voted 46th best player in the league by his peers.

Broncos CB Champ Bailey shares his reaction to being listed No. 46 on the list for "The Top 100: Players of 2012" with his former teammate, Brian Dawkins.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multime...2-d0341f1693cd
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 02:10 PM   #16
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoMan4ever's Avatar
 
That's just like your opinion, man

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 13,509

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
In 2012 Champ was voted 46th best player in the league by his peers.

Broncos CB Champ Bailey shares his reaction to being listed No. 46 on the list for "The Top 100: Players of 2012" with his former teammate, Brian Dawkins.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multime...2-d0341f1693cd
Don't give me that bull**** top 100 crap. Half the players on that list are undeserving most of the time. A lot of the players, especially vets are there solely on name recognition and past on field play.

Last edited by BroncoMan4ever; 06-30-2014 at 02:19 PM..
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 02:13 PM   #17
baja
Headmaster
 
baja's Avatar
 
The Fixer

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 61,388

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
Don't give me that bull**** top 100 crap. Half the players on that list are undeserving most of the time. A lot of the players, especially vets are there solely on name recognition and past on field play.
Whatever you say bucko.

Fans don't vote for top 100 the players do. I'll take their opinion over yours.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 02:22 PM   #18
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoMan4ever's Avatar
 
That's just like your opinion, man

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 13,509

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Whatever you say bucko.

Fans don't vote for top 100 the players do. I'll take their opinion over yours.
Dude, the list is a joke. The players are playing the game, not admiring the play of someone across the field. They are just as susceptible to falling into the trap of name recognition or voting for players they played against. Their viewpoints are very narrow because of that.

Larry Fitzgerald and his sub 1000 yard season is ranked ahead of DT
Gronk and his 7 games played is number 41
Troy Polamoulu hasn't been elite in a few seasons yet he is ranked ahead of Kam Chancellor, Antrell Rolle, Eric Weddle and TJ Ward.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 02:27 PM   #19
baja
Headmaster
 
baja's Avatar
 
The Fixer

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 61,388

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson
Default

So you think Harris was hampered in 2012 with Champ on the field?
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 02:29 PM   #20
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoMan4ever's Avatar
 
That's just like your opinion, man

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 13,509

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
So you think Harris was hampered in 2012 with Champ on the field?
Not hampered, but by 2012, I believe Harris was at the same level and by the end of the season the better player. I have not said I thought Champ sucked in 2012. I am simply saying he wasn't elite anymore. Good, solid CB, but not the elite Champ we watched for so many seasons.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 02:36 PM   #21
baja
Headmaster
 
baja's Avatar
 
The Fixer

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 61,388

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
Not hampered, but by 2012, I believe Harris was at the same level and by the end of the season the better player. I have not said I thought Champ sucked in 2012. I am simply saying he wasn't elite anymore. Good, solid CB, but not the elite Champ we watched for so many seasons.
This site has a tendency to turn on players when the leave. Harris was lucky to play beside Champ and while his skills were diminished he was still pretty damn good. I doubt Harris was referring to Champ in his statement but the poster above your post said Champ was bad enough in 2012 that Harris' statement was justified. I am calling BS on that.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 02:42 PM   #22
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoMan4ever's Avatar
 
That's just like your opinion, man

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 13,509

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
This site has a tendency to turn on players when the leave. Harris was lucky to play beside Champ and while his skills were diminished he was still pretty damn good. I doubt Harris was referring to Champ in his statement but the poster above your post said Champ was bad enough in 2012 that Harris' statement was justified. I am calling BS on that.
I agree with that. Yes, Champ's speed had fallen off a bit, but he was still a good corner. He made up for the decline in speed with smarts. I agree Champ was instrumental in helping Harris become to good Corner he is. I just think that in 2012, with Champ in decline and Harris about to enter his prime is when they were equals on the field and by the end of the season Harris had an edge on Champ.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 02:46 PM   #23
Rabb
No Luca, No!
 
Rabb's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 8,034

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
I agree with that. Yes, Champ's speed had fallen off a bit, but he was still a good corner. He made up for the decline in speed with smarts. I agree Champ was instrumental in helping Harris become to good Corner he is. I just think that in 2012, with Champ in decline and Harris about to enter his prime is when they were equals on the field and by the end of the season Harris had an edge on Champ.
I'd agree with that as well. And it's not hating on Champ whatsoever, but his decline started in 2012.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 02:55 PM   #24
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 20,586

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

For what it's worth, PFF ranked Champ the #4 CB in the entire NFL for the 2012 season:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...0-cornerbacks/


In 2012, Bailey and fellow starting cornerback Chris Harris were the league’s top cornerback duo. Bailey ranked fourth in “Yards Per Route Run” while Harris ranked ninth. It was the highest average finish of any starting cornerback tandem in the NFL.
In fact, throughout the 2012 regular season, Bailey gave up just one receiving touchdown. That is insane considering the amount of snaps (587) that Bailey played.
So for all of the talk out there that the Broncos should cut Bailey, or that Bailey should retire, one needs to look no further than the statistics provided by Pro Football Focus.

http://www.chrisharrisjr.com/2013/05...b-duo-in-2012/

Last edited by Beantown Bronco; 06-30-2014 at 02:57 PM..
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 03:18 PM   #25
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer
 
LikeABoss5820's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 4,459

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
For what it's worth, PFF ranked Champ the #4 CB in the entire NFL for the 2012 season:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...0-cornerbacks/


In 2012, Bailey and fellow starting cornerback Chris Harris were the league’s top cornerback duo. Bailey ranked fourth in “Yards Per Route Run” while Harris ranked ninth. It was the highest average finish of any starting cornerback tandem in the NFL.
In fact, throughout the 2012 regular season, Bailey gave up just one receiving touchdown. That is insane considering the amount of snaps (587) that Bailey played.
So for all of the talk out there that the Broncos should cut Bailey, or that Bailey should retire, one needs to look no further than the statistics provided by Pro Football Focus.

http://www.chrisharrisjr.com/2013/05...b-duo-in-2012/
Champ was great in 2012, top 5 good arguably then.

Obviously he declined last year.

But he was exceptional in 2012.
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:44 PM.


Denver Broncos