The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2014, 09:37 AM   #1
Guess Who
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM
Default 5 Gun control Laws I would like to see in gun control

You know I don't think I am much different than most people on the Mane.

What I would want in Gun Control Bill

1. Ban on Assault Rifles, now I know there are different definitions on Assault Rifle and I would let that up to professionals to determine the exact categories. I know the guy who shot up the Aurora movie theatre and shot over 70 people in under a 2 minutes had an assault rifle.

2. Ban on higher than 15 round clips for a handgun. It is ironic right after Giffords and all those people in Tucson were shot and killed a huge run happened on 30 round clips.

3. 10 day waiting list for gun purchase. This does work. Some guy is pissed off at someone and wants to kill him/or and they go to buy a gun. Give this person 10 days to wait and maybe he/she will change his mind

4. Back ground check. No one with a violent criminal record, Murder, Armed Burglary, rape etc. cannot buy a gun. I am not sure how you do this mentally so I would let that be up to experts to determine.

5. Ban open carry of long rifle/assault rifle... I don't care if someone carries a concealed weapon as long as they [assed a back ground check and went through a training course that has to be renewed every... lets say three years.

OK so how am I different than the people of the Orangemane. What ones do you not mind and which ones do you hate.
Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-2014, 11:18 AM   #2
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

These clowns would far pick a gun free zone to do their damage, as opposed to a restaurant that has an open carry policy.

I've been shot twice. Have you been shot? I didn't blame the gun or laws.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 11:36 AM   #3
Guess Who
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
These clowns would far pick a gun free zone to do their damage, as opposed to a restaurant that has an open carry policy.

I've been shot twice. Have you been shot? I didn't blame the gun or laws.
Why don't you respond to the OP thread? Wat do you agree with? What don't you agree with? Maybe we can get a dialog together.

I was raised in South Dakota. I went hunting when I Was 12 and I hunted deer and Pheasant.

I am not opposed to guns.... I am opposed to guns that are designed to kill people!!!!

Just like What Joe Biden said when asked about home security by a far right journalist., He said that he has a 12 gauge shotgun in his room and he taught his wife how to shoot it. The best home defense ever made was a damn 12 gauge shot gun!!
Old 06-06-2014, 11:37 AM   #4
Guess Who
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM

Can we agree to ban guns that are only designed to kill people? Come on Repubs lets have a debate.
Old 06-06-2014, 11:41 AM   #5
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess Who View Post
Can we agree to ban guns that are only designed to kill people? Come on Repubs lets have a debate.
You can kill people with a simple 22. A knife can take down 20 people too. The kid from Isla vista started his rampage and 3 died from a knife. It's the person behind these weapons. Isn't this new attack from a shotgun or a machine gun

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic2; 06-06-2014 at 11:43 AM..
Old 06-06-2014, 11:45 AM   #6
Guess Who
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM

Quote:
You can kill people with a simple 22. A knife can take down 20 people too. The kid from Isla vista started his rampage and 3 died from a knife. It's the person behind these weapons. Isn't this new attack from a shotgun or a machine gun
Ok but can you shoot 70 people in 2 minutes with a .22 or a knife?

Let's start simple.
Old 06-06-2014, 11:46 AM   #7
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Ok but can you shoot 70 people in 2 minutes with a .22 or a knife?

Let's start simple.
When's the last time 70 died? Last attack with the most killed I believe was 33. All by a knife.
Old 06-06-2014, 11:56 AM   #8
Guess Who
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM

Quote:
When's the last time 70 died? Last attack with the most killed I believe was 33. All by a knife.
The Netherland massacre was a travesty on many parts mostly because people were trapped. and that took a long time to happen. If this guy would have had an assault6 rifle he would have killed many more people.

Now you tried to switch the subject. You responded to 70 people dying,(WHICH I NEVE SAID, I of course said 70 people shot!) please explain away the 70 people that were shot at the Aurora Movie theater.
Old 06-06-2014, 12:00 PM   #9
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
The Netherland massacre was a travesty on many parts mostly because people were trapped. and that took a long time to happen. If this guy would have had an assault6 rifle he would have killed many more people.

Now you tried to switch the subject. You responded to 70 people dying,(WHICH I NEVE SAID, I of course said 70 people shot!) please explain away the 70 people that were shot at the Aurora Movie theater.
Who's bringing up Netherlands? I was talking about china in 2014. The last big attack. And I asked you a simple question, you thought it was a snap at you. I'll ask again, when was the last time 70? Was it aurora?
Old 06-06-2014, 12:10 PM   #10
Rigs11
Ring of Famer

The argument that knives and guns both kill people is a copout. if that's the case then why not just arm yourself with a knife instead of a gun? If you can't see that guns can cause more damage than a knife,then you're an idiot.
Rigs11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 12:13 PM   #11
Arkie
Ring of Famer

The f--- y'all motherf-ckas want?

Quote:
The best home defense ever made was a damn 12 gauge shot gun!!
But you're using this tragedy with a shotgun for a gun control agenda that doesn't include shotguns.
Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 12:14 PM   #12
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigs11 View Post
The argument that knives and guns both kill people is a copout. if that's the case then why not just arm yourself with a knife instead of a gun? If you can't see that guns can cause more damage than a knife,then you're an idiot.
I'm not saying that. I'm saying both have the same theme. A demented nutcase behind them.
Old 06-06-2014, 12:14 PM   #13
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
But you're using this tragedy with a shotgun for a gun control agenda that doesn't include shotguns.
Old 06-06-2014, 12:21 PM   #14
B-Large
Ring of Famer

Expunged... Accidently?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

1. Ban on Assault Rifles, now I know there are different definitions on Assault Rifle and I would let that up to professionals to determine the exact categories. I know the guy who shot up the Aurora movie theatre and shot over 70 people in under a 2 minutes had an assault rifle.

2. Ban on higher than 15 round clips for a handgun. It is ironic right after Giffords and all those people in Tucson were shot and killed a huge run happened on 30 round clips.

3. 10 day waiting list for gun purchase. This does work. Some guy is pissed off at someone and wants to kill him/or and they go to buy a gun. Give this person 10 days to wait and maybe he/she will change his mind

4. Back ground check. No one with a violent criminal record, Murder, Armed Burglary, rape etc. cannot buy a gun. I am not sure how you do this mentally so I would let that be up to experts to determine.

5. Ban open carry of long rifle/assault rifle... I don't care if someone carries a concealed weapon as long as they [assed a back ground check and went through a training course that has to be renewed every... lets say three years.

OK so how am I different than the people of the Orangemane. What ones do you not mind and which ones do you hate.
That's actually not an example of irony.

None of it is going to happen. None. We're better off just coming to terms with mass shootings and schools shootings, and that is the consequence of the right to bear arms. We're a violent nation, violent culture- is it any suprise a nation with more guns than evey man, women and child has alot of violent gun crime?

When you see the next mass shooting try this: Say "oh well, at least it wasn't me or my loved ones"- you will feel alot better about a Nation that will not address the issue in an aggressive way.

frankly, the chances of being killed by gun crime is very low. I'm a numbers/ probablities guy... I don't worry to much.
B-Large is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 01:13 PM   #15
jhat01
Ring of Famer

Knuckle Dragging Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
ManRam

Quote:

I'll play.

1. Assault rifle, meaning select fire? Able to switch between full-auto, 3round burst, and single shot? Or assault rifle meaning "scary black gun that I see in the movies?" There are already strict rules that govern the owning of an automatic rifle, including ATF sign off. Modern sporting rifles "black guns" are great hunting rifles. I've killed many game animals with both a 5.56 and .308 versions of "assault rifles." They also serve as great home defense weapons.

2. Makes no sense. Without digging too deep, I would argue that the average capacity for all the handguns in the US is probably below that number. For every 17 rd magazine out there, there is a 7-8 round 1911, or a 10 round double stack .45. Reloads are done in less than two seconds. And I would hate to be the guy that needed that 15th round in a situation that called for the use of deadly force. This would have zero impact on gun violence. zero.

3. I don't mind the waiting period for a gun. I've lived in states that have a waiting period, and have lived in states without. But the reason you give has to do with crimes of passion, and I would argue that if a person is dead set on killing someone, having to wait 10 days for a gun probably wont stop them. But if you need the time for a more thorough background check, then I'm not opposed.

4. Every time I've bought a gun, I've had the FBI run my info. I wouldn't be opposed to better checks at gun shows, private sales etc.

5. Listen, I think these tools that sling an AR off their backs and walk around in public are D-Bags. In my opinion, there are worthwhile ways to advocate for gun rights and these dudes miss the point. If the idea is to "normalize" open carry,starting with rifles is probably a little much. But banning open carry? No.

The idea of mandatory training classes don't bother me either,while we have a right to bear arms, I believe we have a responsibility to be properly trained in the deployment of those firearms if the need arises.
jhat01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 02:09 PM   #16
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I agree with most of the last poster. Quick question though. When did open carry become the dog of the day to beat?

Used to be concealed carry was the big evil nobody wanted. But now that many states allow it, suddenly open carry is terrible.

And if someone's going to carry, and is a general douchebag, I'd rather he announce it right off the bat by strapping an AR-15 on his back rather then having a 9 holstered under his jacket. If he's concealing, then he can only prove his douchebaggery in other ways.

Last edited by BroncoBeavis; 06-06-2014 at 02:11 PM..
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 02:21 PM   #17
Rigs11
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I'm not saying that. I'm saying both have the same theme. A demented nutcase behind them.
So let's try to keep guns out of the hands of demented nutcases. the problem is that anytime anyone mentions gun control, the right goes bonkers.
Old 06-06-2014, 02:27 PM   #18
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
So let's try to keep guns out of the hands of demented nutcases.
So then how are the government officials going to get their guns?
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 02:36 PM   #19
Rigs11
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
So then how are the government officials going to get their guns?
true..true
Old 06-06-2014, 02:43 PM   #20
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
So let's try to keep guns out of the hands of demented nutcases. the problem is that anytime anyone mentions gun control, the right goes bonkers.
This is the rub. As a firearm owner and enthusiast myself, I am only interested in keeping firearms out of the hands of nutcases, etc. Or at least limiting the damage that can be done. The problem is, any discussion of such measures is met with a visceral, purely emotional response by the gun fondlers.
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 02:54 PM   #21
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

That's the thing here. Laws aren't going to stop demented nutcases. They aren't gonna think, gee it's illegal to get a gun so I guess I won't kill anyone. They will get a gun regardless. Puts more money in the hands of illegal sellers and the black market.
Old 06-06-2014, 02:59 PM   #22
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
That's the thing here. Laws aren't going to stop demented nutcases. They aren't gonna think, gee it's illegal to get a gun so I guess I won't kill anyone. They will get a gun regardless. Puts more money in the hands of illegal sellers and the black market.
No law or regulation completely prevents any crime. Should we give up trying to prevent all crimes then?
Old 06-06-2014, 03:02 PM   #23
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedaykin View Post
No law or regulation completely prevents any crime. Should we give up trying to prevent all crimes then?
Why punish millions for the acts of just a few people?
Old 06-06-2014, 03:04 PM   #24
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Why punish millions for the acts of just a few people?
Should we remove the need to have a license to drive? That punishes pretty much everyone!
Old 06-06-2014, 03:06 PM   #25
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedaykin View Post
Should we remove the need to have a license to drive? That punishes pretty much everyone!
Driving is compared to purposely killing someone?

Do you believe the kid in SB wouldn't have slashed and shot people if there were gun bans here(which currently there is)? Cali has some of the strictest gun laws out there. Yet every single day I hear a gun related crime happen

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic2; 06-06-2014 at 03:11 PM..