The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2014, 07:39 AM   #26
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 55,504

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun View Post
. With 17 trillion in debt there more than enough to spread around.
I was just pointing out that your hero spent his time in China drunk. Obama sucks, but at least he can stay sober.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 07:40 AM   #27
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 55,504

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

China to bulldoze 700 mountains in a 500 square mile area to build new urban dwellings.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5447777.html

Let's see: Your choices are to reduce your population or bulldoze the landscape to build more cities. What to do? Fire up those bulldozers!
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 08:15 AM   #28
doof
Solid Starter
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 226
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
China to bulldoze 700 mountains in a 500 square mile area to build new urban dwellings.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5447777.html

Let's see: Your choices are to reduce your population or bulldoze the landscape to build more cities. What to do? Fire up those bulldozers!
They've already tried reducing the population with the one child policy, Great Leap Forward, and cultural revolution but those buggers just won't die off. Any other suggestions?
doof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 10:40 AM   #29
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.
 
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun's Avatar
 
Time to believe!

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Gensis Planet
Posts: 6,718

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by doof View Post
They've already tried reducing the population with the one child policy, Great Leap Forward, and cultural revolution but those buggers just won't die off. Any other suggestions?
So much for the theory that MSG is bad for you.
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 10:29 PM   #30
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.
 
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun's Avatar
 
Time to believe!

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Gensis Planet
Posts: 6,718

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson
Default

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 04:21 AM   #31
ShutDownPoster
raging lurker
 
ShutDownPoster's Avatar
 
JUSTICE is served!!

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 891
Default

The One Child Policy - a desperate attempt at population control has inadvertently spawned the highest population of seedless watermelons ever to walk the earth. As a matter of fact it has been known that families are flushing down newly harvested seedless watermelons down squat toilets.
ShutDownPoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 05:11 AM   #32
Guess Who
Rookie
 
Guess Who's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,668

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by uplink View Post
I hear reports that China's economy is rivaling the U.S. but looking at the GDP the U.S. GDP is twice China's (the number #2 country). The U.S. GDP is a little less than the European Unions. The U.S. and European Union together have a GDP about the same as the rest of the World combined.
China has a lot of problems on the horizon. It is estimated at least 121,000 Chinese factories will close due to 3-D printing. Due to the disparity number from men to women they have a huge class of poor men that will never have the opportunity to marry. This will lead to social discontent, I look for China in the future to start a war so they can get these men out of the country and satisfy their urge for violence and unrest.
Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 10:46 PM   #33
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.
 
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun's Avatar
 
Time to believe!

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Gensis Planet
Posts: 6,718

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson
Default

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 05:59 PM   #34
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.
 
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun's Avatar
 
Time to believe!

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Gensis Planet
Posts: 6,718

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson
Default

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 05:07 PM   #35
ShutDownPoster
raging lurker
 
ShutDownPoster's Avatar
 
JUSTICE is served!!

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 891
Default

I was in HK that day with my wife - even forgot it was the anniversary. Business as usual, nothing to see. But when I got back to mainland people were asking me left and right if anything went down.
ShutDownPoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 06:55 PM   #36
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!
 
Drunk Monkey's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,177
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess Who View Post
China has a lot of problems on the horizon. It is estimated at least 121,000 Chinese factories will close due to 3-D printing. Due to the disparity number from men to women they have a huge class of poor men that will never have the opportunity to marry. This will lead to social discontent, I look for China in the future to start a war so they can get these men out of the country and satisfy their urge for violence and unrest.
There is a labor shortage in China. I go there at min twice a year and have seen it first hand. Our product is seasonal and low cost. Basically the bottom of the manufacturing chain. Our factories are paying at min 30% above minimum wage to attract workers in Dongguan (Peril River Delta area). China has many problems but factories closing is not one of them. The aging of their work force is a real problem. The same one the Japanese are facing. They desperately need to focus the economy inwards to a consumer vs exporter society. On the coast it could work.
Drunk Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 08:39 PM   #37
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.
 
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun's Avatar
 
Time to believe!

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Gensis Planet
Posts: 6,718

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDownPoster View Post
I was in HK that day with my wife - even forgot it was the anniversary. Business as usual, nothing to see. But when I got back to mainland people were asking me left and right if anything went down.
That's weird.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/05/wo...ings.html?_r=0

Quote:
HONG KONG — Tens of thousands gathered at a central park in Hong Kong on Wednesday to commemorate the 25th anniversary of the Tiananmen Square crackdown, even as a stifling security presence in Beijing and elsewhere in mainland China appeared to forestall protests.

The organizers of the vigil in Hong Kong said the crowd on Wednesday numbered over 180,000, while the police estimated that 99,500 people had attended. The turnout on Wednesday was the largest since 1989, according to the organizers, and the second-largest, according to police estimates, trailing the 2010 turnout, which was 113,000.

Continue reading the main story
RELATED COVERAGE

Students and soldiers in Tiananmen Square in Beijing as protests began in April 1989.An earlier version of this caption misidentified the law enforcement authorities whom the students were facing. They were soldiers, not police officers.Tales of Army Discord Show Tiananmen Square in a New LightJUNE 2, 2014
Pro-democracy demonstrators filled Tiananmen Square on June 2, 1989, despite martial law being declared in Beijing.Times Coverage of Tiananmen Square 25 Years AgoJUNE 3, 2014
Xiao Jianhua seen in a park in Beijing.With Choice at Tiananmen, Student Took Road to RichesJUNE 3, 2014
State-controlled Chinese news organizations largely ignored the anniversary, even as the foreign news media gave it global attention. In Washington, the White House said in a statement, “Twenty-five years later, the United States continues to honor the memories of those who gave their lives in and around Tiananmen Square and throughout China, and we call on Chinese authorities to account for those killed, detained or missing in connection with the events surrounding June 4, 1989.”

Continue reading the main storyVideo

PLAY VIDEO|1:40
Tiananmen Vigils in Hong Kong and Taiwan
Tiananmen Vigils in Hong Kong and Taiwan
Outside mainland China, tens of thousands of people gathered to mark the bloody crackdown on pro-democracy protesters 25 years ago in Beijing’s Tiananmen Square.
Credit Philippe Lopez/Agence France-Presse — Getty Images
In the years since the crackdown, mainland China has combined rapid economic growth with severe and recently increasing restrictions on civil liberties. In the weeks preceding the anniversary, the Chinese police detained and in some cases prosecuted scores of human rights activists.

Online censors have stepped up their already extensive blocking or deleting of websites and postings that challenge the Communist Party’s effort to erase the public’s memory of the bloodshed in 1989, when soldiers in Beijing killed hundreds of students, workers and professionals demonstrating for greater democracy and limits on corruption.

The crowd that gathered Wednesday night in Victoria Park in Hong Kong was visibly younger than in previous years and included, for the first time, Cardinal Joseph Zen Ze-kiun, a widely admired Roman Catholic priest who in the past had held prayers near the commemoration but had not taken part.

Continue reading the main storyVideo

PLAY VIDEO|2:27
Nicholas Kristof on Tiananmen Square
Nicholas Kristof on Tiananmen Square
Nicholas Kristof remembers the unlikely heroes of the protests 25 years ago.
Credit
In recent years, the gathering had been dominated by people age 40 or older who remembered coverage of the night of the crackdown and who sometimes brought their children. That demographic profile appeared to have been upended this year, as people in their 20s and 30s predominated. An announcer on the stage asked all those attending the vigil for the first time to raise their hands, and many sprang up.

Continue reading the main story
FEATURED COMMENT

NMY New Jersey
As China becomes more educated, and its people more exposed to the rest of the world, there's still hope that things will change. Every June 4th, I use the occasion to tell myself to hope.
143 COMMENTS
One first-time attendee, Rex Liu, a 27-year-old office worker, said that although he felt regret that students had died 25 years ago, he was motivated more by concern about the prevalence of corruption in current-day China. “I feel the need to come this year to express my discontent over the rotting and corrupt state of the Chinese government,” he said.

The general silence about the anniversary that security agencies imposed in mainland China left Hong Kong as the only city on Chinese soil where such a public commemoration could take place.

Photo

Thousands in Hong Kong gathered on Wednesday to commemorate the 25th anniversary of the Tiananmen Square crackdown. Credit Kin Cheung/Associated Press
Asked during a brief interview near the end of the vigil whether he was attending the event as a church leader, Cardinal Zen, the retired archbishop of Hong Kong and a longtime advocate of greater democracy, gave a small shrug and a short, amused laugh. “No, no, no, I am myself,” he said.

Continue reading the main storyContinue reading the main storyContinue reading the main story
Xinhua, China’s state-run news agency, published an article on Wednesday quoting a government spokesman criticizing the United Nations’ high commissioner for human rights, who called on Tuesday for Beijing to release pro-democracy activists and others who have been detained.

“The so-called press release made by U.N. high commissioner for human rights, Navi Pillay, grossly goes against her mandate and constitutes a grave intervention of China’s judicial sovereignty and internal affairs,” Hong Lei, a Foreign Ministry spokesman, said at a daily news briefing, according to the Xinhua report. Ms. Pillay had released a statement on the anniversary calling on China to free dissidents. “China has chosen a viable path to develop human rights, and this is not to be changed by any discordant voice,” Mr. Hong added.

Photo

Beijing kept the historic site tightly guarded on Wednesday. Credit Feng Li/Getty Images
Continue reading the main story
RECENT COMMENTS

khalidmurad1 18 days ago
Chinese did the best thing to get rid of their opium edicts and the Democracy (a curse the Jews Zionists have plagued the world). Today the...
JW 18 days ago
I was in 12 grade in 1989 and the Tiananmen Square Massacre finally made me realize all the CCP had said were lies. They were not for the...
dg 18 days ago
I don't understand why the White House felt a statement was needed on this anniversary, however much Americans may disapprove. This was a...
SEE ALL COMMENTS
Among those who had assembled around Victoria Park was one man defending the armed crackdown. He held a sign in Chinese that read: “Oppose overturning the verdict on June 4; the democracy movement is a menace to national tranquillity. Without a prompt crackdown, China would not be what it is today.”

The man, Chiu Keng Wong, a Hong Kong resident and camera dealer, said he was in China in 1989.

“People don’t understand the situation back then,” he said. “This had to be done to defend reform and opening up. Older people who have spent time in China understand my view.”

Photo

A T-shirt and a headband displayed to symbolize the hunger strike of pro-democracy activists in the spring of 1989, ahead of a candlelight vigil in Hong Kong on Wednesday. Credit Philippe Lopez/Agence France-Presse — Getty Images
Several groups in Hong Kong allied with the Beijing government have tried to make the case that dwelling on June 4 is politically unhealthy, and one of them, the Voice of Loving Hong Kong, held a small gathering near Victoria Park. Guarded by a phalanx of police officers and metal barriers, the group had a banner urging the people of Hong Kong to “let go of this burden.”

The democracy movement in Hong Kong has fractured over how to deal with Beijing’s steadfast refusal to change its official stance on the Tiananmen Square crackdown, and over Beijing’s reluctance to allow greater democracy in Hong Kong itself. The clearest sign of that division was a separate protest Wednesday evening on the opposite side of the harbor from the Victoria Park candlelight vigil, which has been held every year since 1989.

The rival event, which the police said attracted 3,060 people, was organized by the Proletariat Political Institute, a group led by Wong Yuk-man, a democracy activist who is also on the 70-member Legislative Council. He contends that the established pro-democracy parties are not sufficiently assertive in challenging Beijing.

“The vigil has been held for more than two decades, and the significance of the vigil is diminishing,” Mr. Wong’s group said in a statement Tuesday evening. “It is now no more than a routine ceremonial event.”




UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 05:59 PM   #38
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.
 
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun's Avatar
 
Time to believe!

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Gensis Planet
Posts: 6,718

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson
Default

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 07:16 PM   #39
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 11,334
Default The massacre that wasn’t

Once again, Americans were targeted with mind-control. Orwell called it.
MHG

What Really Happened at Tiananmen

http://www.globalresearch.ca/what-re...rs-ago/5385528

Last edited by mhgaffney; 07-02-2014 at 07:19 PM..
mhgaffney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 07:53 PM   #40
Willynowei
Some dude
 
Willynowei's Avatar
 
Football is a wonderful thing.

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 3,051

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun View Post
You have a weird obsession with this stuff. Why not provide a real source of information rather than that weird youtube channel, Hong Kong's protests are all over the news, plenty of info on it. To start, non violent protests are 100% allowed in Hong Kong, there's no one running scared over there like this guy's suggesting.

Rated freest economy in the world every year, Hong Kong wants electoral reforms for increased autonomy. Central Chinese government sends over some BS rhetoric that means absolutely nothing, local cops arrest what is it a few hundred out of hundreds of thousands of protesters, for blocking traffic....

The real issue is the electoral reforms threaten the wealthy businessmen sitting at the top of the legislature, this is a class struggle more than anything.

If ur going to bump ur own thread over and over again, to make it a discussion, at least post both sides. There's a reason no one else responds in this thread, you come off as obsessed.

Last edited by Willynowei; 07-02-2014 at 08:03 PM..
Willynowei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 08:00 PM   #41
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.
 
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun's Avatar
 
Time to believe!

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Gensis Planet
Posts: 6,718

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson
Default

I love this "Blame the messenger" BS. Does it really matter where the info comes from. Yes the guy is slanted. I KNOW THAT! But you gloss over the fact that 800,000 people showed up to vote when only 100,000+ was expected.
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 08:07 PM   #42
Willynowei
Some dude
 
Willynowei's Avatar
 
Football is a wonderful thing.

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 3,051

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun View Post
I love this "Blame the messenger" BS. Does it really matter where the info comes from. Yes the guy is slanted. I KNOW THAT! But you gloss over the fact that 800,000 people showed up to vote when only 100,000+ was expected.
Your posting highly partial stuff over and over again, and I'm pointing out the BS and that you can't be taken seriously if you don't post more neutral articles.

It matters where the information comes from because in your case its misinformation.

As for 800 thousand showing up, sure, people are angry with the aggressive rhetoric. If you follow China at all, you'd know their aggressive rhetoric is about as dangerous as North Korea's. They say **** just to say it, how many times did they threaten Taiwan? What has happened? Nothing.

China's rhetoric is so they don't look like buffoons when the oncoming class war in HK boils over.
Willynowei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 08:16 PM   #43
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.
 
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun's Avatar
 
Time to believe!

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Gensis Planet
Posts: 6,718

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willynowei View Post
Your posting highly partial stuff over and over again, and I'm pointing out the BS and that you can't be taken seriously if you don't post more neutral articles.

It matters where the information comes from because in your case its misinformation.

As for 800 thousand showing up, sure, people are angry with the aggressive rhetoric. If you follow China at all, you'd know their aggressive rhetoric is about as dangerous as North Korea's. They say **** just to say it, how many times did they threaten Taiwan? What has happened? Nothing.

China's rhetoric is so they don't look like buffoons when the oncoming class war in HK boils over.
Dude. This right here shows how little you know. Its China that has the large gap in the classes. Not Hong Kong. Those 800,000 are a danger.....TO CHINA not to anyone else. That's why they're dangerous. China's Government the one saying these people are dangerous to everybody. They're not, they're a danger to the government. Stop believe that a people and their government are the same thing.
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 12:11 AM   #44
Willynowei
Some dude
 
Willynowei's Avatar
 
Football is a wonderful thing.

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 3,051

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun View Post
Dude. This right here shows how little you know. Its China that has the large gap in the classes. Not Hong Kong. Those 800,000 are a danger.....TO CHINA not to anyone else. That's why they're dangerous. China's Government the one saying these people are dangerous to everybody. They're not, they're a danger to the government. Stop believe that a people and their government are the same thing.



Here's a list of things you need education on.

1.) Traditional polisci theories on why sovereign authoritarian powers posture.
2.) The Hong Kong Legislature, and where the money and power of most of their members comes from.
3.) What exactly the people were looking for in electoral reformation, particularly - their end goal.
4.) The real reason for pro-Beijing support in the HK council.
5.) What the real aim of Beijing's politicians are, and what they gain from this.

How little I know? I guarantee i've stayed in both Mainland and Hong Kong far longer than you have, because someone with your misguided viewpoints would have to be a person whose never lived or done business in those places.

Hong Kong is a modern case study in some MBA courses for free market economy wage gaps. Over 50% growth in GDP, less than 10% growth in median salary. Get a visa and go live and work there a few years, then get back to me, kid.

Last edited by Willynowei; 07-03-2014 at 12:23 AM..
Willynowei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 09:38 AM   #45
underrated29
Ahoy
 
You lika da sexy

Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,185

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

I was there at Tienanmen about 1 week before all this went down. I also was like 5 years old so I dont remember any of that. My parents talk about all the security and whatnot at the hotel from time to time. I just remember being on the news as the Chinese hadnt seen many blonde haired white boys before. They also tried to get me to eat a fish eye.
underrated29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 08:16 PM   #46
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.
 
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun's Avatar
 
Time to believe!

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Gensis Planet
Posts: 6,718

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson
Default

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 08:21 PM   #47
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.
 
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun's Avatar
 
Time to believe!

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Gensis Planet
Posts: 6,718

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willynowei View Post


Here's a list of things you need education on.

1.) Traditional polisci theories on why sovereign authoritarian powers posture.
2.) The Hong Kong Legislature, and where the money and power of most of their members comes from.
3.) What exactly the people were looking for in electoral reformation, particularly - their end goal.
4.) The real reason for pro-Beijing support in the HK council.
5.) What the real aim of Beijing's politicians are, and what they gain from this.

How little I know? I guarantee i've stayed in both Mainland and Hong Kong far longer than you have, because someone with your misguided viewpoints would have to be a person whose never lived or done business in those places.

Hong Kong is a modern case study in some MBA courses for free market economy wage gaps. Over 50% growth in GDP, less than 10% growth in median salary. Get a visa and go live and work there a few years, then get back to me, kid.
I love this line of reasoning. You have to have a PoliSci degree to debate this. BS!

If you had bothered to click some of the videos it would have told you that Beijing recently written an open letter to the Hong Kong people threatening to take away their rights.

Yeah Freedom needs an "end goal".

Last edited by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun; 07-06-2014 at 08:57 PM..
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 08:30 PM   #48
Eldorado
Formerly orange&blue
 
Eldorado's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,301

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pot Roast
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun View Post
I love this line of reasoning. You have to have a PoliSci degree to debate this. BS!

If you had bothered to click some of the videos it would have told you that Beijing recently written an open letter to the Hong Kong people threatening to take away there rights.

Yeah Freedom needs an "end goal".
'their'
Eldorado is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 08:57 PM   #49
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.
 
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun's Avatar
 
Time to believe!

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Gensis Planet
Posts: 6,718

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldorado View Post
'their'
Sorry grammar police is out.
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 09:40 PM   #50
shakenbake
Texas Homer
 
shakenbake's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Shanghai, China
Posts: 3,130
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk Monkey View Post
There is a labor shortage in China. I go there at min twice a year and have seen it first hand. Our product is seasonal and low cost. Basically the bottom of the manufacturing chain. Our factories are paying at min 30% above minimum wage to attract workers in Dongguan (Peril River Delta area). China has many problems but factories closing is not one of them. The aging of their work force is a real problem. The same one the Japanese are facing. They desperately need to focus the economy inwards to a consumer vs exporter society. On the coast it could work.
I have lived in China for the past 7 years and this is exactly one of the major problems China is currently facing. With more development going on the west people no longer need to relocate for work. They can stay closer to home and still find jobs. It is getting really difficult to find labor and with the ageing population this will become a bigger issue. The younger generations don't seem to be on board with the working for minimum wage in factory. I think they are seriously at risk to falling into a "middle income trap" as wages rise but efficiency and work quality stay static.
shakenbake is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:11 AM.


Denver Broncos