The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2014, 06:46 PM   #201
Dukes
Ring of Famer

Pretty sickening.
Dukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 06:38 AM   #202
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukes View Post
Barry's smile when Arabic is spoken speaks volumes.

You're a ****ing moron.
Old 06-04-2014, 06:47 AM   #203
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

But missing and captured soldiers have never had to undergo a character check before being rescued by their government. Should they now face trial by Bill Kristol before we decide whether to rescue them? Is Sarah Palin going to preside over a military death panel for captured soldiers suspected of inadequate dedication to the war effort?

http://www.salon.com/2014/06/03/the_...ium=socialflow
Old 06-04-2014, 06:53 AM   #204
Dukes
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
You're a ****ing moron.

A personal attack. I'm shocked!!!
Dukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 06:54 AM   #205
Broncomutt
Looking for

the Sunflower Samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
I hope they put chips in those guys.
Delayed release ricin.
Broncomutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 07:16 AM   #206
SleepingTiger
Ring of Famer

Ole J

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tony Carter

Quote:
But missing and captured soldiers have never had to undergo a character check before being rescued by their government. Should they now face trial by Bill Kristol before we decide whether to rescue them? Is Sarah Palin going to preside over a military death panel for captured soldiers suspected of inadequate dedication to the war effort?

missing soldiers don't normally leave behind notes and missing soldiers normally don't have the entire platoon saying he deserted his post. are you serious? forget the political part of this. don't tell me you think bergdahl is a saint in all this and deserves a heroes welcome.
SleepingTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 07:17 AM   #207
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

Bull****. We've had many cases of soldiers defecting to the other side over the years. Our approach has pretty consistently been "Well, I guess you're on your own"
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 07:26 AM   #208
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

Smh. Some people will defend even the most blatant of mistakes. Both repubs and democrats think this was ridiculous.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 07:33 AM   #209
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

You'd think she would have learned from Benghazi, but there she goes again, going around saying this guy served honorably and is a hero. So if pointing out his desertion is quick to judge, so is painting this guy a hero before all the facts are out too. Not that it matters since these people can say and do whatever and most of the media will give a free pass.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 07:36 AM   #210
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

It used to be Congress had to be involved and even hearings and votes taken, but not anymore. This president is changing rules and laws as he goes with no consequences, so why should any other president from now on be expected to be different?
Old 06-04-2014, 07:39 AM   #211
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
You'd think she would have learned from Benghazi, but there she goes again, going around saying this guy served honorably and is a hero. So if pointing out his desertion is quick to judge, so is painting this guy a hero before all the facts are out too. Not that it matters since these people can say and do whatever and most of the media will give a free pass.
She should just shut the **** up on Sunday mornings. It's to the point of hilarity.
Old 06-04-2014, 07:55 AM   #212
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepingTiger View Post
missing soldiers don't normally leave behind notes and missing soldiers normally don't have the entire platoon saying he deserted his post. are you serious? forget the political part of this. don't tell me you think bergdahl is a saint in all this and deserves a heroes welcome.
Of course I don't, and he's likely to be court-martialed. You still don't intentionally leave a soldier in hostile territory overseas. We don't do that in America.

Can you imagine the outrage from the right had we NOT brought him back? "OBAMA DOESN'T CARE ABOUT ARR TRUUPZ! BENGHAZIIIIIIIII!"
Old 06-04-2014, 08:04 AM   #213
LetsGoBroncos
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
Smh. Some people will defend even the most blatant of mistakes. Both repubs and democrats think this was ridiculous.
That's liberals for you. Just don't have it in them to say the King did anything wrong. Ever.
LetsGoBroncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 08:23 AM   #214
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

Quote:
Of course I don't, and he's likely to be court-martialed. You still don't intentionally leave a soldier in hostile territory overseas. We don't do that in America.

Can you imagine the outrage from the right had we NOT brought him back? "OBAMA DOESN'T CARE ABOUT ARR TRUUPZ! BENGHAZIIIIIIIII!"

So we can find Suddam, we can find Obama Bin Laden, we have done rescues before where we have troops go in and get our soldiers, but after 5 years..........5 years knowing that he more than likely deflected, it takes us having to wheel n deal and trade 5 top terroist to bring back this soldier?

Give me a break. This only shows that once more, Obama doesn't know wtf he is doing during wartime as the C and C. All he does is cave in to the enemy and lick their balls at every chance.
GreatBronco16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 08:24 AM   #215
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

, they'd talked about dealing for him years ago. Then they stopped talking about it for a couple years. And nobody cared.

We effing assassinated Awlaki ourselves (an American Citizen) for collaborating with the enemy, and I'm guessing you didn't have much to say about that.
Old 06-04-2014, 08:31 AM   #216
SleepingTiger
Ring of Famer

Ole J

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tony Carter

Quote:

the hell u talking about. it wasn't like he was captured 5 days ago. its been 5yrs. nobody knew who this guy was until he was released. if he goes another 5yrs, i doubt anybody will know. the point was the guy was given a heroes welcome. Obama, the state department are acting like idiots. if this guy was truly a hero, i would be behind Obama. but he isn't. he is a deserter. he went awol. he wanted to join the enemy. let the mf stay there, don't trade key terrorist for him. now that you got him, you're going to court martial him and put him in jail. WTF, does that make any sense

i was in the armed forces. i know what it means to stand next to someone who you don't know, but know that we both fight the our loved ones at home and our freedom. though i wasn't born in the states, i proudly had the letters US over my heart and i understood what it means. this guy is a disgrace. he turned his back on his county and his brothers. to have obama greeting his parents is sickening. guys like bergdahl doesn't know what it means to be an american, they were born here. they don't know what it means to not be an american.

but you, because of your stupid political alliances can't see any of that. all you see is that your hero is being attacked and rightfully so. you don't see the consequences of obamas action. all you can do is blindly defend his actions.
SleepingTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 08:34 AM   #217
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
, they'd talked about dealing for him years ago. Then they stopped talking about it for a couple years. And nobody cared.

We effing assassinated Awlaki ourselves (an American Citizen) for collaborating with the enemy, and I'm guessing you didn't have much to say about that.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 08:45 AM   #218
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

He better be glad his fellow soldiers didn't find him in those first couple months. If he did what they say he did, there probably would have been a report of another case of a friendly fire death.
GreatBronco16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 08:47 AM   #219
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepingTiger View Post
the hell u talking about. it wasn't like he was captured 5 days ago. its been 5yrs. nobody knew who this guy was until he was released. if he goes another 5yrs, i doubt anybody will know. the point was the guy was given a heroes welcome. Obama, the state department are acting like idiots. if this guy was truly a hero, i would be behind Obama. but he isn't. he is a deserter. he went awol. he wanted to join the enemy. let the mf stay there, don't trade key terrorist for him. now that you got him, you're going to court martial him and put him in jail. WTF, does that make any sense

i was in the armed forces. i know what it means to stand next to someone who you don't know, but know that we both fight the our loved ones at home and our freedom. though i wasn't born in the states, i proudly had the letters US over my heart and i understood what it means. this guy is a disgrace. he turned his back on his county and his brothers. to have obama greeting his parents is sickening. guys like bergdahl doesn't know what it means to be an american, they were born here. they don't know what it means to not be an american.

but you, because of your stupid political alliances can't see any of that. all you see is that your hero is being attacked and rightfully so. you don't see the consequences of obamas action. all you can do is blindly defend his actions.

I salute you sir.
Old 06-04-2014, 09:07 AM   #220
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

There are a lot of reasons WHY this was a bad decision. I do not even think bad is the right word. Reprehensible.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 09:08 AM   #221
driver
Pro Bowler

Bronco Fan Extrordinaire

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pot Roast

I guess the current political leadership of our country isn't very familiar with the definition of the word "HONORABLE".
driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 09:10 AM   #222
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

http://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/s...=NYDailyNewsTw

Quote:
The five sworn enemies of the United States are now in the Gulf state of Qatar, where they are free to come and go as they like, beyond the watch of American agents. In just one year, they will be free to return to Afghanistan to fight there and stage terror attacks far beyond that country’s borders.

These facts were known to Obama when he made the deal, and yet he went ahead in irresponsible disregard for lives he has endangered. As the facts have emerged — and more surely will — it has become ever clearer that he lost his presidential compass in the Taliban swap.

In retrospect, his Rose Garden announcement that he was bringing home an American POW appears to have been a cynical act of theater.
I'd say the wheels have officially fallen off Obama's presidency.
Old 06-04-2014, 09:12 AM   #223
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

It's looking more to me like they made this move at this time so Obama can rev up his base about closing Gitmo and to try to show he cares about the troops. If the report is true the Pentagon pretty much knew where this guy was the whole time, then they decided this guy was a deserter and if wanting to be friendly with the enemy, then leave him. But now all of a sudden, he's considered a capture and a great soldier and "don't leave a soldier behind." Of course that refers to soldiers who are not joining the enemy, much less actively helping them. This guy's father talking about Gitmo closing and speaking Arabic at the WH sure makes this story more about just a prisoner swap, which in itself, was idiotic and done against the law. But I stated before, this admin. has been thumbing its nose at the Constitution since 2009, but nothing ever happens because of it. Just as some want to say we should wait before condemning this soldier, the same applies before calling him a hero and giving him a medal. Medals need to be earned, though I know we have a John Kerry around.
Old 06-04-2014, 09:14 AM   #224
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
It's looking more to me like they made this move at this time so Obama can rev up his base about closing Gitmo and to try to show he cares about the troops. If the report is true the Pentagon pretty much knew where this guy was the whole time, then they decided this guy was a deserter and if wanting to be friendly with the enemy, then leave him. But now all of a sudden, he's considered a capture and a great soldier and "don't leave a soldier behind." Of course that refers to soldiers who are not joining the enemy, much less actively helping them. This guy's father talking about Gitmo closing and speaking Arabic at the WH sure makes this story more about just a prisoner swap, which in itself, was idiotic and done against the law. But I stated before, this admin. has been thumbing its nose at the Constitution since 2009, but nothing ever happens because of it. Just as some want to say we should wait before condemning this soldier, the same applies before calling him a hero and giving him a medal. Medals need to be earned, though I know we have a John Kerry around.
It's becoming pretty plain that the White House thought they could recapture the news cycle from the dismal news at the VA. They just had no idea how epically that would backfire.
Old 06-04-2014, 09:17 AM   #225
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by driver View Post
I guess the current political leadership of our country isn't very familiar with the definition of the word "HONORABLE".
Well, look who is in this admin. People who have never been in the military, no family members who served, and more contempt for the military than anyone else. And those that do have military experience, are career idiots like Kerry and Hagel. Biden has experience with military matters in committees, but talk about a career idiot. None of these people know much or really care to know about the military. They believe anyone who is in the military is stupid and the military, like everything else, is just a useful political tool when needed. Otherwise, can't be bothered or care.