The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2014, 01:59 PM   #151
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue
 
Drunken.Broncoholic2's Avatar
 
OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Carmel, Ca
Posts: 6,523

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
Many liberal websites are not even covering the story or barely. Gee, I wonder why. But this will all get excused in the end and nothing will happen other than expectations of making deals with terrorists from now on, even with soldiers who go AWOL and help the enemy and renounce their citizenship. This is what this one great country has become. Not to mention the countless millions of people on food stamps, record numbers on disability, no jobs other than IRS to spy on people, Patriot Act and wiretapping used to be horrid, but now it's all cool and hip, and our VA's dishing out bonuses to people who fudge the books as vets die waiting for care. Great direction we're going here.

Ya, but Obama sure can hit a golf ball and shoot some hoops. A lot of Democrats are actually scratching their heads at this. Obama really ****ed up this time.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 01:59 PM   #152
barryr
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 9,725

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant1999e View Post
Would you worry about it from a national security level if we freed 5 top Taliban terrorists?
The attempts at justifying this move and full of fail.
There is no real way to justify it, so the liberals will do what they always do and that's to ignore it or barely mention it at all, hope it goes away, and attack political foes to either blame or change the subject. That's only been the strategy the past 40 years.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 02:01 PM   #153
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue
 
Drunken.Broncoholic2's Avatar
 
OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Carmel, Ca
Posts: 6,523

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
I don't give a **** what message the Taliban takes from this.
Soldiers do.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 02:01 PM   #154
peacepipe
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 7,034

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
Many liberal websites are not even covering the story or barely. Gee, I wonder why. But this will all get excused in the end and nothing will happen other than expectations of making deals with terrorists from now on, even with soldiers who go AWOL and help the enemy and renounce their citizenship. This is what this one great country has become. Not to mention the countless millions of people on food stamps, record numbers on disability, no jobs other than IRS to spy on people, Patriot Act and wiretapping used to be horrid, but now it's all cool and hip, and our VA's dishing out bonuses to people who fudge the books as vets die waiting for care. Great direction we're going here.
What liberal websites are you going to? I go to all of them and they are all talking about it.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 02:02 PM   #155
barryr
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 9,725

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
Ya, but Obama sure can hit a golf ball and shoot some hoops. A lot of Democrats are actually scratching their heads at this. Obama really ****ed up this time.
But he will get excused and nothing will happen. His supporters will take the time to go back in history to try to justify it by stating, "well __________________, a republican, did this too."
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 02:02 PM   #156
peacepipe
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 7,034

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
Soldiers do.
And our soldiers know America will always come for them.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 02:03 PM   #157
ant1999e
Ring of Famer
 
ant1999e's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: BFE
Posts: 6,266

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Money Ball
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
I don't give a **** what message the Taliban takes from this.
The only thing you give a shyt about is defending your boy.
ant1999e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 02:04 PM   #158
barryr
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 9,725

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
What liberal websites are you going to? I go to all of them and they are all talking about it.
, yeah, as a way to blame republicans or dismiss it as unimportant. Like I mentioned they always do.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 02:04 PM   #159
barryr
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 9,725

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
And our soldiers know America will always come for them.
Except if you work in an embassy in Libya, then you are on your own.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 02:05 PM   #160
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoBeavis's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 3,169

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Only rational theory I can come up with is the administration thought this would win some "We Care About deh Vets" points in the face of the VA fiasco. But then didn't do enough homework to figure out what they were really doing.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 02:07 PM   #161
Jekyll15Hyde
Anti Frown Cannon & McD..
 
Jekyll15Hyde's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,796
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Only rational theory I can come up with is the administration thought this would win some "We Care About deh Vets" points in the face of the VA fiasco. But then didn't do enough homework to figure out what they were really doing.
Doesnt pass the smell test. Something else must be at play. This is an election year disaster.
Jekyll15Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 02:07 PM   #162
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue
 
Drunken.Broncoholic2's Avatar
 
OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Carmel, Ca
Posts: 6,523

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
And our soldiers know America will always come for them.
Until they get sick after. Or ask for help in Libya. Stevens disagrees with you.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 02:09 PM   #163
kappys
Ring of Famer
 
kappys's Avatar
 
“It will be of little avail to the

Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 4,216
Default

I find it amazing that no one thinks this has to do with relations with the Taliban going forward. If the Taliban are to remain the "enemy" in Afghan there is zero chance for peace or stability in the region. Some sort of understanding, likely an autonomous region, will have to be reached. The exchange as part of a broader signal of good faith negotiations makes perfect sense. Obama likely thought it would provide decent cover for the release of the 5 Talibs.

From the US standpoint I think the critical goal is an Afghanistan that does not support international terrorism. The goal of lifting them to freedom, human rights, etc. has been lost
kappys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 02:09 PM   #164
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoBeavis's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 3,169

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
Except if you work in an embassy in Libya, then you are on your own.
Yeah. Don't want anything looking like a policy failure during an election season. But if you survive that, we totally got your back.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 02:13 PM   #165
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 
THE GREATEST

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: colorado springs, co
Posts: 24,906
Default

I can't wait to see the asshat we elect in 2016 (not really)
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 02:14 PM   #166
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoBeavis's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 3,169

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyll15Hyde View Post
Doesnt pass the smell test. Something else must be at play. This is an election year disaster.
I wouldn't think so either. But then there's stuff like this:

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/chuck-tod...gdahl-release/

Quote:
“On Sunday, I think they thought there would be some euphoria around this,” Todd agreed. “That there would be a rally around the flag. That didn’t happen.”
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 02:14 PM   #167
peacepipe
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 7,034

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
Until they get sick after. Or ask for help in Libya. Stevens disagrees with you.
Stevens was offered more security and said no to it. Gen. Ham of africom disagrees with you.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 02:15 PM   #168
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 
THE GREATEST

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: colorado springs, co
Posts: 24,906
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
I wouldn't think so either. But then there's stuff like this:

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/chuck-tod...gdahl-release/
holy ****...really?
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 02:17 PM   #169
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue
 
Drunken.Broncoholic2's Avatar
 
OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Carmel, Ca
Posts: 6,523

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kappys View Post
I find it amazing that no one thinks this has to do with relations with the Taliban going forward. If the Taliban are to remain the "enemy" in Afghan there is zero chance for peace or stability in the region. Some sort of understanding, likely an autonomous region, will have to be reached. The exchange as part of a broader signal of good faith negotiations makes perfect sense. Obama likely thought it would provide decent cover for the release of the 5 Talibs.

From the US standpoint I think the critical goal is an Afghanistan that does not support international terrorism. The goal of lifting them to freedom, human rights, etc. has been lost
Taliban was presented with this by asking them to renounce "international terrorism" and agreeing to enter a dialogue with the afghan people. They sent the US the message they were interested in the prisoner swap but had no intentions of renouncing. You simply can't negotiate with these clowns.

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/headl...ce-process.ece
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 02:25 PM   #170
ant1999e
Ring of Famer
 
ant1999e's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: BFE
Posts: 6,266

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Money Ball
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
Stevens was offered more security and said no to it. Gen. Ham of africom disagrees with you.
And the fact that we made no attempt to help during the attack? Yeah come for the bodies after this round of golf and a campaign stop in Vegas.

Last edited by ant1999e; 06-03-2014 at 02:27 PM..
ant1999e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 02:29 PM   #171
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 
All hail Hercules!

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 54,915

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
I can't wait to see the asshat we elect in 2016 (not really)
I say we cut out the middleman:

Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 02:30 PM   #172
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoBeavis's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 3,169

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant1999e View Post
And the fact that we made no attempt to help during the attack? Yeah come for the bodies after this round of golf and a campaign stop in Vegas.
Don't buy into his BS. Stevens was denied additional security by State more than once. Had he gone straight to the military against his State Dept, chain of command, it likely would've been career-ending.

In hindsight, that would've been better than life-ending. But it's usually bad form to criticize a guy who paid with his life while just following orders.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 02:31 PM   #173
mennonite
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,723

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

mennonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 02:39 PM   #174
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,647
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
And our soldiers know America will always come for them.

Unless you are in Mexican prison...and not a traitor.


Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 02:40 PM   #175
mennonite
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,723

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer81 View Post
Unless you are in Mexican prison...and not a traitor.



Maybe Obama will trade him for 10 million illegal aliens?
mennonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:16 AM.


Denver Broncos