The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-2014, 08:50 AM   #301
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
Wow,legit sites somehow lack credibility with you.
Yeah, liberal websites are seekers of truth
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 08:51 AM   #302
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess Who View Post
I have been waiting for it to go to the politics forum so I could troll away.

Too much attention if I do it on the main page!
Old 06-05-2014, 08:52 AM   #303
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Don't care to read over the diatribe most are posting above about FOX and the usual ra-ra's playing party politics, but here are my thoughts.

The problem I have with most of it is two-fold:

Negotiating with these guys can embolden other non-state/extremist organizations to try and pursue similar outcomes.

Doing this in a way legitimizes terrorist organizations and puts them on the same level as recognized nations or state actors in international politics.

Pretty slippery slope, IMHO.

A hard left turn and deviation from what are MO is supposed to be in this regard.

I don't know the facts of the case, none of us do, but the above thoughts don't need the "truth" re: Bergdahl to be made.

Last edited by Requiem; 06-05-2014 at 08:55 AM..
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 08:52 AM   #304
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
Yeah, liberal websites are seekers of truth
Oh I forgot, if a website isn't questioning Obamas citizenship it's liberal.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 08:53 AM   #305
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
So for the Obama obsessed, the Bergdahl's story's a win-win: They attack Obama for securing the soldier's release and they would have mercilessly condemned Obama for failing to secure the soldier's release. For the critics, it's a game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Yup, pretty much the case with almost every political issue.
Again. The guy was held for 5 years. Virtually nobody said much of anything about it (publicly) until now. You keep saying the right would 'mercilessly condemn' Obama for Bergdahl remaining captive. Show me where it happened.

Heh. 5 years. When exactly was all this merciless condemnation scheduled to come?

You know, not every time Obama screws the pooch do you need to pretend like he was in some fabricated no-win situation.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 08:53 AM   #306
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

"Republican hysteria machine" while the democrats are just seekers of the truth. Yeah, they've only had their propaganda news machines going the last 40 years.
Old 06-05-2014, 08:54 AM   #307
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Wow,legit sites somehow lack credibility with you.
Many of their articles come from sites like Reuters, the WSJ and the NYTimes. I doubt barryr could understand them. He'd rather be spoon-fed outrage from Fox.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 08:56 AM   #308
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Oh I forgot, if a website isn't questioning Obamas citizenship it's liberal.
, any website that always offers excuses for Obama, never finding fault for anything and smearing his political foes is liberal, which is huffington for example.
Old 06-05-2014, 08:58 AM   #309
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Many of their articles come from sites like Reuters, the WSJ and the NYTimes. I doubt barryr could understand them. He'd rather be spoon-fed outrage from Fox.
, same as Drudge's website, yet you guys claim it's all made up news. There is not one editorial at huffington that questions Obama on anything.
Old 06-05-2014, 08:59 AM   #310
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Don't care to read over the diatribe most are posting above about FOX and the usual ra-ra's playing party politics, but here are my thoughts.

Negotiating with these guys can embolden other non-state/extremist organizations to try and pursue similar outcomes.

Doing this in a way legitimizes terrorist organizations and puts them on the same level as recognized nations or state actors in international politics.

A hard left turn and deviation from what are MO is supposed to be in this regard.

I don't know the facts of the case, none of us do, but the above thoughts don't need the "truth" re: Bergdahl to be made.
It's not set in stone. Look to Iran-contra when Reagon was president.
Old 06-05-2014, 09:00 AM   #311
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
, same as Drudge's website, yet you guys claim it's all made up news. There is not one editorial at huffington that questions Obama on anything.
There are,you just don't read huffington, and as such wouldn't know.
Old 06-05-2014, 09:00 AM   #312
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
,but bush/Cheney
You guys are going to beat that drum fifty years from now. Leftists are hilarious. This is one of their two favorite things to hide behind.

Bush Cheney and Fox News. They love going back to that. It takes them to happier place when they "knew" they were right, and helps shield from facing the reality of their political failings.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 09:06 AM   #313
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
You guys are going to beat that drum fifty years from now. Leftists are hilarious. This is one of their two favorite things to hide behind.

Bush Cheney and Fox News. They love going back to that. It takes them to happier place when they "knew" they were right, and helps shield from facing the reality of their political failings.
, you obviously have issues with putting things into context. conservatives thrive on double standards.
Don't get mad that your boy GWB was such a **** up, that us on left will have ammo for the next fifty years.
Old 06-05-2014, 09:06 AM   #314
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
It's not set in stone. Look to Iran-contra when Reagon was president.
Yeah, as we've all heard, that was no big deal either, AMIRITE?
Old 06-05-2014, 09:08 AM   #315
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
, you obviously have issues with putting things into context. conservatives thrive on double standards.
Don't get mad that your boy GWB was such a **** up, that us on left will have ammo for the next fifty years.
You should consider living in another country.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 09:09 AM   #316
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post

I really doubt the Taliban is going to concern itself with America once we are out of Afghanistan. Why would they? They'll focus on regaining political power locally. We shouldn't have been there all this time anyway. I guess we should have learned the lesson the Soviets learned in that region. Unfortunately, we weren't smart enough.
Old 06-05-2014, 09:10 AM   #317
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
, liberals don't exist without them.
Old 06-05-2014, 09:11 AM   #318
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
There are,you just don't read huffington, and as such wouldn't know.
If you go there right now, it is full of WH talking points and selective writings that don't criticize him.
Old 06-05-2014, 09:12 AM   #319
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Again. The guy was held for 5 years. Virtually nobody said much of anything about it (publicly) until now. You keep saying the right would 'mercilessly condemn' Obama for Bergdahl remaining captive. Show me where it happened.

Heh. 5 years. When exactly was all this merciless condemnation scheduled to come?

You know, not every time Obama screws the pooch do you need to pretend like he was in some fabricated no-win situation.
I posted the same thing a few pages back. ELusive Kyle Orton tried to say the same thing. I hope they can show us recently of "Right Wing Media" demanding we get Bowe released. Good luck finding it. Here was my response to TEKO:
Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
You aren't too bright, huh? Has the right been asking for his release since he has been in captivity for 5 years? Read up on this Rolling Stones article from a few years ago. Please stop with your act of wanting to be a spokeshole for the Obama administration. Why would you even come close to defending this is beyond me. If I was a true Democrat, the least I would do is not open my mouth then to do so and defend Obama's actions.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics...f-war-20120607

About 7 pages so click on each page.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 09:12 AM   #320
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post

Fox beats the crazy drum the loudest. Ergo, they get noticed the most.
Old 06-05-2014, 09:15 AM   #321
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Here's what you don't get. Political ammo has a short shelf life. You may think you score points blaming everything today on something Reagan did 30 years ago. But outside of your own personal jerk-circle, it just shows how hollow your particular argument is.

The progressive argument in a nutshell is that your government is effective and can make your life a lot better. You can't believe that if 30 years later, you excuse it as helpless to fix something one guy did a quarter century ago. At some point the people on the clock become accountable.

Obama has reached that point in his administration, and so far it hasn't looked good on him.
Old 06-05-2014, 09:15 AM   #322
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Fox beats the crazy drum the loudest. Ergo, they get noticed the most.
Because they stand out from the vast majority who are liberal and have been for decades who used to suppress these kinds of stories from the public. Not anymore and the real reason guys like you don't like them. "Oh they're biased" but so are your news sources, but yeah I know, that's different.
Old 06-05-2014, 09:17 AM   #323
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Because they stand out from the vast majority who are liberal and have been for decades who used to suppress these kinds of stories from the public. Not anymore and the real reason guys like you don't like them. "Oh they're biased" but so are your news sources, but yeah I know, that's different.
No. It's because at this point anything and everything that happens is fodder for mid-term election political spew. "Full of sound and fury. Signifying nothing."
Old 06-05-2014, 09:17 AM   #324
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
I really doubt the Taliban is going to concern itself with America once we are out of Afghanistan. Why would they? They'll focus on regaining political power locally. We shouldn't have been there all this time anyway. I guess we should have learned the lesson the Soviets learned in that region. Unfortunately, we weren't smart enough.
And before the Soviets, the British. . .
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 09:18 AM   #325
Guess Who
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 10339621_10152203508384563_7290546406760240354_n.jpg (113.9 KB, 39 views)
Guess Who is online now   Reply With Quote