The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2015, 07:36 AM   #1
Guess Who
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM
Default Another beating for driving while black

http://www.freep.com/story/news/loca...ideo/70446394/

this video is horrible. The cop comes up to the car with his gun already out. The guy is 57 years-old and they drag him out of the car and beat him mercilessly.

Just inexplicable, please fire both of these pigs.

Fighting back tears, a Detroit man and longtime auto worker with no criminal history, described how Inkster police officers dragged him from his car one night in January, choked him, beat him and Tasered him during a traffic stop that was caught on patrol car video.

"He was beating me upside the head," Floyd Dent, 57, told a horde of reporters and TV crews during a press conference at his attorney's office Wednesday afternoon, as tears trickled his cheeks. "I was trying to protect my face with my right arm. I heard one of them say, 'tase the M...F. '"

The Jan. 28 incident was caught on police video cameras and is making national news It shows Inkster police pulling over Dent in his 2011 tan Cadillac near South River Park Drive and Inkster Drive shortly before 10 p.m. The two officers approach with their guns drawn. As Dent opens the door, they pull him out and shove him to the ground. Dent does not appear in the video to be resisting arrest.

As he is on the ground, a police officer later identified as William Melendez has him in a choke hold, and is repeatedly pounding him on his head. A second officer is attempting to handcuff him behind his back, but Dent has his right arm up, trying to protect his face and head against Melendez.

Another officer arrives and kicks him, and then another officer Tasers Dent in the thigh and stomach as he is handcuffed. Dent, who has worked for Ford for 37 years, said he was hospitalized for two days for injuries to his face and head.

Police initially charged him with assault, resisting arrest, and possession of cocaine, insisting they found cocaine beneath the passenger seat of his Cadillac. Dent says police planted the drugs at the time of his arrest.

An Inkster district court judge, after reviewing the tape, tossed the assault and resisting charges, but Dent faces an April 1 hearing on the drug charge.

His attorney, Gregory Rohl, said during today's press conference today that a close review of portions of the tape, not yet released publicly, show police planting the drugs.
Guess Who is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2015, 07:43 AM   #2
Smiling Assassin27
Helmet Tester

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Hemanuel Sandrs

Saw this last night. It's simply incomprehensible. One of the arresting officers has a history of planting drugs. I'd be shocked if somebody didn't go down for this one.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 07:50 AM   #3
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

I'd be shocked if this thug didn't walk away with zero disciplinary action taken just like Darren Wilson and all the rest.
L.A. BRONCOS FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 09:32 AM   #4
Ironlung
There is no plan B

Plan A is still the same...

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A. BRONCOS FAN View Post
I'd be shocked if this thug didn't walk away with zero disciplinary action taken just like Darren Wilson and all the rest.
I know, right? I can't believe Darren Wilson just picked that guy out of the blue and killed him for no reason.
Ironlung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 05:35 PM   #5
Guess Who
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironlung View Post
I know, right? I can't believe Darren Wilson just picked that guy out of the blue and killed him for no reason.
He basically did. The whole incident started because Wilson started harassing him because he wasn't walking on the sidewalk.
Guess Who is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 09:21 AM   #6
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess Who View Post
He basically did. The whole incident started because Wilson started harassing him because he wasn't walking on the sidewalk.
Aka...doing his job.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote