The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-2014, 06:51 PM   #1
mennonite
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default The Insanity of Internet Trolling

It is scary how much time and energy some people devote to trolling on the internet. I'm talking about people who spend day after day, year after year, posting thousands of comments on message boards and forums.

I see people on imdb, who have been bashing the same movie every day for years.

I see people on sports message boards who have spent years arguing over the most trivial bs imaginable.

I can see how occasionally trolling a board could be entertaining, but at some point don't you have to step back and "Dear God, what the hell have I done with my life?"

It's sad, depressing, and a bit frightening to see people waste their lives trying to make other people as miserable as they are. You aren't convincing anyone you are right. You aren't accomplishing anything. You aren't doing anything but pissing your life away.

Last edited by mennonite; 05-30-2014 at 06:54 PM..
mennonite is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-2014, 07:17 PM   #2
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Your profile name, does that mean the religious group? Always wondered what it was about. How much different than Amish?

Also, admittedly trolls reel me in everytime.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 07:23 PM   #3
B-Large
Ring of Famer

Expunged... Accidently?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

People are losers, that is no shock
B-Large is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 07:48 PM   #4
mennonite
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
Your profile name, does that mean the religious group? Always wondered what it was about. How much different than Amish?.
We are nothing like the Amish. NOTHING.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Large View Post
People are losers, that is no shock
Being a loser is one thing. Spending hours every day on some insane quest to validate your opinions about something trivial is.... ummmm.... crazy.

Last edited by mennonite; 05-30-2014 at 07:54 PM..
Old 05-30-2014, 07:48 PM   #5
StugotsIII
O-H

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Your Mom

*fankadeo

This guy was originally banned for saying something horrible about a family member of mine. I believe my mother. I wished she would be raped and killed after I disagreed with him regarding President Obama. I reported him, and he was banned.

The then proceeded to create at least 5 new Orangemane screen names in order to troll me.

He also:

Found out my real full name, created a twitter account with my full name (which was shutdown).

Created really odd, creepy youtube video's where he created me as a WWE type wrestler, wrestling other people in some PS3 wrestling game.

He also has told me that it isn't going to stop...ever.

Here are some of the "reps" comments he has left on my CP:

Official San Diego... 10-09-2011 06:42 PM DivineBronco run it with your dead mom
Official San Diego... 10-09-2011 06:25 PM DivineBronco ah ha...**** your dead mother
General College... 11-01-2013 02:58 AM fankadeo ya just need to know that when you are dick to people there are consequences

I have dozens upon dozens of these comments on my CP.

I've tried getting mods on here to get rid of him, but they haven't done much about it.

Last edited by StugotsIII; 05-30-2014 at 07:57 PM..
StugotsIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 08:12 PM   #6
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Who's this dude? Fankadeo? Never seen him

Edit. Went and looked it up. Dude doesn't really like you.

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic2; 05-30-2014 at 08:25 PM..
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 08:22 PM   #7
KipCorrington25
Free Safety

I'm confused already...
KipCorrington25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 08:30 PM   #8
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by StugotsIII View Post
*fankadeo

This guy was originally banned for saying something horrible about a family member of mine. I believe my mother. I wished she would be raped and killed after I disagreed with him regarding President Obama. I reported him, and he was banned.

The then proceeded to create at least 5 new Orangemane screen names in order to troll me.

He also:

Found out my real full name, created a twitter account with my full name (which was shutdown).

Created really odd, creepy youtube video's where he created me as a WWE type wrestler, wrestling other people in some PS3 wrestling game.

Official San Diego... 10-09-2011 06:42 PM DivineBronco run it with your dead mom
Official San Diego... 10-09-2011 06:25 PM DivineBronco ah ha...**** your dead mother
General College... 11-01-2013 02:58 AM fankadeo ya just need to know that when you are dick to people there are consequences

I've tried getting mods on here to get rid of him, but they haven't done much about it.
That's some crazy single white female ****. I'm surprised that he's allowed back here.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 08:31 PM   #9
mennonite
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I didn't intend for this to be a thread calling out particular users. There are a few users here who fit what I'm describing as "long term troll/crazy" but you can find that on most message boards.

I actually hope this can be constructive. Hopefully someone will look at this and realize that they they aren't doing themselves or anyone else any good by posting endless streams of negative or hostile posts.

Here's a perfect example of what I'm talking about. This user from IMDB has been complaining about Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (2008) daily for more than six years.

http://www.imdb.com/user/ur1489392/

Hundred and hundreds of posts, day after day, devoting a huge chunk of his life complaining about a ****ty movie.

Sound crazy? Now how many users at the OM can you name that have done the exact same thing? That's a rhetorical question by the way.

Last edited by mennonite; 05-30-2014 at 08:38 PM..
Old 05-30-2014, 08:37 PM   #10
Maleficent
Once Upon A Dream

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
*fankadeo

He also:

That person is vile.
Maleficent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 08:39 PM   #11
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mennonite View Post
I didn't intend for this to be a thread calling out particular users. There are a few users here who fit what I'm describing as "long term troll/crazy" but you can find that on most message boards.

I actually hope this can be constructive. Hopefully someone will look at this and realize that they they aren't doing themselves or anyone else any good by posting endless streams of negative or hostile posts.

Here's a perfect example of what I'm talking about. This user from IMDB has been complaining about Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (2008) daily for more than six years.

Hundred and hundreds of posts, day after day, devoting a huge chunk of his life complaining about a ****ty movie.

Sound crazy? Now how many users at the OM can you name that have done the exact same thing? That's a rhetorical question by the way.
Come on, let's name them. This thread will be off the main page by morning of we don't but could have the potential to go 30 pages and 3-5 bans if we do.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 08:44 PM   #12
StugotsIII
O-H

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Your Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
That's some crazy single white female ****. I'm surprised that he's allowed back here.
I am too...

I've brought it to the attention of the powers that be and he is still here.
StugotsIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 09:03 PM   #13
Enter The Dragon
Still Not A Playa

Football Jesus

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T.J. Ward

Trust me. Eff the haters. Let them have some hater-aid and some hater-tots. It pisses them off when you rock it. I deal with them in my job 24-7. Perspective brother...
Enter The Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 09:06 PM   #14
Enter The Dragon
Still Not A Playa

Football Jesus

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T.J. Ward

Lol at the mod making my post say wanna chill n a snuggie with haters. Change my post homeboy. I am not gay dude. (Not that theres anything wrong with that)
Old 05-30-2014, 10:06 PM   #15
wolf754life
Anti Homer Board Director

Sunshine and Rainbows Fanboys

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jack Del erious

I was kinda that way about Shannahan, i really wanted him to be fired....like....alot.
wolf754life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 10:22 PM   #16
Enter The Dragon
Still Not A Playa

Football Jesus

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T.J. Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enter The Dragon View Post
Lol at the mod making my post say wanna chill n a snuggie with haters. Change my post homeboy. I am not gay dude. (Not that theres anything wrong with that)
I was once banned from yahoo in 2001 until 2020 for not behaving, so play games... I care. Lmao
Old 05-31-2014, 12:17 AM   #17
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf754life View Post
I was kinda that way about Shannahan, i really wanted him to be fired....like....alot.
Gee you admit it. Now admit you love when the broncos struggle and of course lose. You are one of the biggest trolls during.the season. You love misery.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 12:55 AM   #18
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

Quote:

Well, you know the old saying of what the definition of insanity is? The real weird part is he probably is watching the movie every day expecting it to be different, or good. This is taking obsessive- compulsive disorder to a whole new level.

Pretty scary actually. OTOH, it could be worse. It could have been Ghostbusters.
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 01:28 AM   #19
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
I am too...

I've brought it to the attention of the powers that be and he is still here.
Dude. That's insane. And very ****ed of the mods. I hope he hasn't made any real threats?
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 04:49 AM   #20
HILife
Ring of Famer

Mrs. Alicia Hilife

Quote:

It's much more fun if you name, names.
HILife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 05:57 AM   #21
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!

Go Bronco has to be a top 10 troll. Dude loves it when we struggle.
Drunk Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 06:32 AM   #22
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Heck, there are weirdos in the political forum that have gone around trying to call or email people's jobs and nutty stuff like that the past few years. There's even one guy who rarely makes posts anymore, at least not with his original screen name, but seems to just make disgusting remarks in messages to people. So are there weirdos around here? Yeah, I'd say so. But it is funny how "right wingers" get labeled as crazy. The left sure has its share to say the least.
barryr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 06:50 AM   #23
ShutDownPoster
raging lurker

JUSTICE is served!!

My mentor from graduate school is a Meononite, and his father invented the seedless watermelon.
ShutDownPoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 07:01 AM   #24
baja
Elite Sissie

Because

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDownPoster View Post
My mentor from graduate school is a Meononite, and his father invented the seedless watermelon.
I have always wondered where next years crop comes from with seedless watermelons.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 07:11 AM   #25
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Last week, I saw a travel show. The host was at some coffee plantation in Mexico and the coffee grower was showing how he barely roasts his beans and then sips at the coffee as if it were fine wine. Then, he starts making remarks about how the "only" way to drink coffee is to blah, blah, blah and Americans drink coffee that's roasted too dark, and blah, blah, blah, they don't know what they're doing, and blah, blah, blah.

In other words, yeah, everybody is an expert and knows what everybody else should be doing with their lives...
blah, blah, blah.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote