The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-2014, 06:18 PM   #151
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
What's with Peyton Manning carrying a green football during practice?

Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning, always looking for some edge, was carrying around a weird looking green football during OTA practice on Wednesday, and even from the weight room afterward.

What's the deal with that?

ďThatís Denver Broncos offensive business," Manning said, according to USA Today's Lindsay Jones.

No, really.

ďLike I said, thatís official Denver Broncos offensive business, right? Itís kind of an A and B conversation and you can C your way out of it,Ē Manning said.

Huh. Must be a super-secret mission. Demaryius Thomas was also carrying one of the balls, covered by green Lycra, around in practice.

It turns out, it's to reduce fumbles. The Broncos lost 16 fumbles last season, most in the NFL. They had this happen too, on the first play of the Super Bowl (although it's not clear if a green football can help reduce crowd noise):

The stretchy Lycra fabric is surely more slippery than the textured leather on a NFL football, making it harder to hold on to it. Having the green cover is just a twist in the tried-and-true method of having a player carry the ball around everywhere to enforce ball security. No word on if defensive players tried to knock it out as Manning and Thomas headed to math class after lunch.

"We're making an emphasis from Day One on ball security," Broncos coach John Fox told the Denver Post. "We started with two of our better players in Demaryius and Peyton. What better guys to start with?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...153045859.html
We'll see how Chuck n' Duck Peyton does against the good Defenses this season. Historically, he hasn't done well. They know how to neutralize Peyton, a little pressure, get him out of his comfort and timing zone, Peyton will cave in, make mistake after mistake.

Once Peyton caves, he doesn't recover, he doesn't have the backbone. He's been a crybaby all of his life and that's not gonna change. He's saying the right things about preparation, but he doesn't have the guts to make it happen on the field.

Lycra my ass. Fox and Peyton, what a pair of losers when the going gets the toughest. I wish the team the best of luck, but those two are some weaklings when the going gets the toughest.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 06:29 PM   #152
randerson1184
Camp Arm

Super Bowl 49 champs or bust.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kayvon Webster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
We'll see how Chuck n' Duck Peyton does against the good Defenses this season. Historically, he hasn't done well. They know how to neutralize Peyton, a little pressure, get him out of his comfort and timing zone, Peyton will cave in, make mistake after mistake.

Once Peyton caves, he doesn't recover, he doesn't have the backbone. He's been a crybaby all of his life and that's not gonna change. He's saying the right things about preparation, but he doesn't have the guts to make it happen on the field.

Lycra my ass. Fox and Peyton, what a pair of losers when the going gets the toughest. I wish the team the best of luck, but those two are some weaklings when the going gets the toughest.
Sooo....you think we're going to win a SB this season?

You sound pretty pumped about 2014, bro!
randerson1184 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 06:31 PM   #153
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by randerson1184 View Post

Winning the Super Bowl could very well throw Cito into a depression he will never recover from. He still hasn't forgiven Shanahan for bringing two Lombardis to Denver.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 07:12 PM   #154
fankadeo
Rookie

oh noooooooooooooooooooo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

this dude needs a hug
fankadeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 07:20 PM   #155
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fankadeo View Post
this dude needs a hug
He is one of those poster you should put on ignore if you ever want to read a game day thread.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 07:46 PM   #156
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

OT - Seeing Champ in another uniform is really sickening me...
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 08:15 PM   #157
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
OT - Seeing Champ in another uniform is really sickening me...
Agreed. It's almost as bad as seeing Atwater in a Jets jersey.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 09:53 PM   #158
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry

2014 -- This one's for Pat.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
Agreed. It's almost as bad as seeing Atwater in a Jets jersey.

Ugh.
BowlenBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 10:43 PM   #159
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:

Your negativity is like a bad cup of coffee mixed with spoiled creamer.
Lestat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 11:13 PM   #160
Guess Who
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Dave Althouse @davealthouse
Follow
DT on new WRs - Cody wants to be great and Emmanuel is fast. They are quick learner sand should be good.
1:40 PM - 29 May 2014 Colorado, USA, United States

Wonder if Sanders wishes he had signed with KC he would have played a lot more there
?
But he would have caught 35 passes in a starting role and he once again would have missed the playoffs. He made the right choice.
Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 11:17 PM   #161
Guess Who
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
Huh? Mannings in the shotgun most the time. His fumbles weren't from center to QB exchange.
Correct I can think of 3 blindside fumbles that Clark gave up last year. Clady will be a huge improvement.
Old 05-30-2014, 11:18 PM   #162
Guess Who
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM

Quote:
this dude needs a hug
I thought this guy was banned?
Old 05-31-2014, 05:42 AM   #163
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:

Damn dude, change your tampon. Been b****ing like a teenage girl after her first breakup for long enough.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 05:44 AM   #164
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess Who View Post
Correct I can think of 3 blindside fumbles that Clark gave up last year. Clady will be a huge improvement.
I just hope Clark can hold down the RT position. Overall I think the line will be improved but Clark at RT has me a little worried
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 06:30 AM   #165
Guess Who
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
I just hope Clark can hold down the RT position. Overall I think the line will be improved but Clark at RT has me a little worried
Clark played very well last year. RT is much easier to play than LT so I think he will be great. If Franklin can play G than this line will be immensely improved.
Old 05-31-2014, 06:36 AM   #166
randerson1184
Camp Arm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kayvon Webster

Quote:
Clark played very well last year. RT is much easier to play than LT so I think he will be great. If Franklin can play G than this line will be immensely improved.
Yeah, I'm really looking forward to seeing this new line on the field. Clark is probably a little better run-blocker than Clady, so his skill-set is better suited for RT.

I think we'll see the best run-blocking line the Broncos have had in the last 10-15 years.
Old 05-31-2014, 07:30 AM   #167
Guess Who
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM

Quote:
Yeah, I'm really looking forward to seeing this new line on the field. Clark is probably a little better run-blocker than Clady, so his skill-set is better suited for RT.

I think we'll see the best run-blocking line the Broncos have had in the last 10-15 years.
I am thinking those WR screens and bubble plays might not work as well now as Franklin does not move near as well as Beadles but just those straight ahead dive runs from the shotgun should be much more effective. Ball could have a huge year. Franklin will also be better at keeping pressure out of Manning's face as he will not be overwhelmed like Beadles was on occasion.
Old 05-31-2014, 07:37 AM   #168
randerson1184
Camp Arm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kayvon Webster

Quote:
I am thinking those WR screens and bubble plays might not work as well now as Franklin does not move near as well as Beadles but just those straight ahead dive runs from the shotgun should be much more effective. Ball could have a huge year. Franklin will also be better at keeping pressure out of Manning's face as he will not be overwhelmed like Beadles was on occasion.
Agreed. I felt like Franklin was compromised by speedy, edge rushers where Clark will be able to shuffle his feet outside and handle them a lot better. Franklin's not quite as quick and agile as Beadles, but he's still a MAJOR upgrade at LG.
Old 05-31-2014, 10:14 AM   #169
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

I'm watching the 2007 AFC Championship game on NFLN right now. Chuck n' Duck Peyton is down 21-3 to the dynasty Patriots #2 ranked scoring defense. Interested to see how Chuck n' Duck Peyton will cave in, make mistake after mistake, what weaklings do when the going gets the toughest.
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 03:08 PM   #170
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontaine View Post
Guys like Fort, Moffett are the reason why I'm not a big fan of Heckert.
Heckert might be a reason that TJ Ward is a Bronco...
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 03:10 PM   #171
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMORE View Post
I don't understand why it's a forgone conclusion that Welker returns after this season. He didn't exactly break the bank, and his chemistry with Manning is big.

In fact I could see him returning to a team friendly deal.
If Manning returns, i'd take him back on a 1-year, 2-3 mil deal or so.

But cant keep everybody.
Old 05-31-2014, 03:13 PM   #172
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Keep DT at $10M per year, or keep Franklin/Welker at $10M per year? Tough decision for Elway.
I think Franklin is probably gone.

Welker could take less to stay.

DT will cost more than 10 i think.

Ideally, i'd try to keep TK, DT, JT, and Harris.
Old 05-31-2014, 04:04 PM   #173
Cito Pelon

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:

Demarcus Ware was a huge addition. He's still in his prime. Elway made some nice moves in FA and the draft. We still have IMO two guys in prime leadership positions that cave under extreme pressure - John Fox and Peyton Manning. I can add in Del Rio. They seem to freeze up under extreme pressure, they aren't aggressive when the chips are down.
Old 05-31-2014, 04:08 PM   #174
Cito Pelon

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
Winning the Super Bowl could very well throw Cito into a depression he will never recover from. He still hasn't forgiven Shanahan for bringing two Lombardis to Denver.
Hey, I say don't get your hopes up. You're gonna end up getting crushed again.
Old 05-31-2014, 04:12 PM   #175
Cito Pelon

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
this dude needs a hug
If hug = Lombardi, yes I do need another one . . . . . Been too long.