The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2014, 05:59 PM   #126
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by R8R H8R View Post
That's good news. Not that we would need that much for one guy, but I still expect the broncos to pursue a vet RB next month after the usual June cuts.
That and a vet MLB wouldn't be a surprising signing.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 06:33 PM   #127
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

I'm thinking we can or will lock Franklin up with a Clary like contract. Also I agree R8R aboutthe RB position being a need. I can't help to think Flowers would be a bigger get with the left overs. Even at a one year deal.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 06:36 PM   #128
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Chris Harris interview 104.3 the FAN:

1. I'm 24 getting in to my prime
1. Harris says Wolfe said it felt great to be out there
2. Harris says Rahim is looking good, he just had to get healthy
3. Feels good to get cleats on again, "they wouldn't let me wear cleats for a long time"
4. Glad they have an early bye week
5. Thinks he'll be back to real full strength in October
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 07:09 PM   #129
DENVERDUI55
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosfanGuy View Post
What is this based on? Ted Washington and Casey Hampton were huge and remained relatively healthy. Washington played DT til he was almost 40
There are a few guys that lasted and very few that have been worth the huge contract and were big fat slobs. I'm just not a big fan of giving a big fat slob a ton of cash for long term.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 07:11 PM   #130
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Chris Harris interview 104.3 the FAN:

1. I'm 24 getting in to my prime
1. Harris says Wolfe said it felt great to be out there
2. Harris says Rahim is looking good, he just had to get healthy
3. Feels good to get cleats on again, "they wouldn't let me wear cleats for a long time"
4. Glad they have an early bye week
5. Thinks he'll be back to real full strength in October
October? So what's that mean, more Carter/Webster on the field? Roby at the 2?
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 07:14 PM   #131
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by R8R H8R View Post
That's good news. Not that we would need that much for one guy, but I still expect the broncos to pursue a vet RB next month after the usual June cuts.
That's a must do no brainer sign.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 07:21 PM   #132
BroncosfanGuy
Make dub not dubstep

Big Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
I heard the same interview. It sounds like he plans to be in there from the get go. The comment probably deserves some context. The radio guys were asking him what happens if his wife goes into labor and Denver is playing on the road (baby due end of Oct). He said he'd probably have to play because he should be fully 100% by then.
BroncosfanGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 07:45 PM   #133
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

What's with Peyton Manning carrying a green football during practice?

Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning, always looking for some edge, was carrying around a weird looking green football during OTA practice on Wednesday, and even from the weight room afterward.

What's the deal with that?

“That’s Denver Broncos offensive business," Manning said, according to USA Today's Lindsay Jones.

No, really.

“Like I said, that’s official Denver Broncos offensive business, right? It’s kind of an A and B conversation and you can C your way out of it,” Manning said.

Huh. Must be a super-secret mission. Demaryius Thomas was also carrying one of the balls, covered by green Lycra, around in practice.

It turns out, it's to reduce fumbles. The Broncos lost 16 fumbles last season, most in the NFL. They had this happen too, on the first play of the Super Bowl (although it's not clear if a green football can help reduce crowd noise):

The stretchy Lycra fabric is surely more slippery than the textured leather on a NFL football, making it harder to hold on to it. Having the green cover is just a twist in the tried-and-true method of having a player carry the ball around everywhere to enforce ball security. No word on if defensive players tried to knock it out as Manning and Thomas headed to math class after lunch.

"We're making an emphasis from Day One on ball security," Broncos coach John Fox told the Denver Post. "We started with two of our better players in Demaryius and Peyton. What better guys to start with?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...153045859.html
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 07:47 PM   #134
Chrissy Rules
Ring of Famer

Git er done

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PM OF COURSE

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post

Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning, always looking for some edge, was carrying around a weird looking green football during OTA practice on Wednesday, and even from the weight room afterward.

“That’s Denver Broncos offensive business," Manning said, according to USA Today's Lindsay Jones.

No, really.

“Like I said, that’s official Denver Broncos offensive business, right? It’s kind of an A and B conversation and you can C your way out of it,” Manning said.

Huh. Must be a super-secret mission. Demaryius Thomas was also carrying one of the balls, covered by green Lycra, around in practice.

It turns out, it's to reduce fumbles. The Broncos lost 16 fumbles last season, most in the NFL. They had this happen too, on the first play of the Super Bowl (although it's not clear if a green football can help reduce crowd noise):

The stretchy Lycra fabric is surely more slippery than the textured leather on a NFL football, making it harder to hold on to it. Having the green cover is just a twist in the tried-and-true method of having a player carry the ball around everywhere to enforce ball security. No word on if defensive players tried to knock it out as Manning and Thomas headed to math class after lunch.

"We're making an emphasis from Day One on ball security," Broncos coach John Fox told the Denver Post. "We started with two of our better players in Demaryius and Peyton. What better guys to start with?

mmmmmm...dang say it with sass Peyton... LOVE IT
Chrissy Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 09:00 PM   #135
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
He plans to start the first game, just doesn't expect to be his "true strong self" until October. Sounds about right.
Old 05-29-2014, 10:56 PM   #136
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

DT on Sanders -

"Psssshhh Sanders is too fast. He's quick and fast at the same time. You've got some guys who are quick or fast. Wes is quick. Sanders is quick and fast, I think it'll be great for the team, he can go over the top or inside."
Old 05-29-2014, 11:14 PM   #137
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
I think we will see more of a Steelers type approach with players in Denver. We are gonna let some good players walk and count on the up and coming guys more.
I hope not. The Steelers are constantly up against the cap and close to or in cap hell far too frequently.
I like that they keep their players but they also rarely dip heavily into FA.

I would rather the Broncos have their own approach and have teams compared to us.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 11:38 PM   #138
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
I hope not. The Steelers are constantly up against the cap and close to or in cap hell far too frequently.

I would rather the Broncos have their own approach and have teams compared to us.
I meant in regards to letting a promising or even good player go elsewhere when he is due a big payday trusting their own drafting efficiency to replace that player without a ton of drop off. The Steelers had done that for years although not so much recent years.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 11:44 PM   #139
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
I meant in regards to letting a promising or even good player go elsewhere when he is due a big payday trusting their own drafting efficiency to replace that player without a ton of drop off. The Steelers had done that for years although not so much recent years.
True, they were very good at that but it did eventually come back to bite them after they started missing in the draft.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 06:20 AM   #140
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

I am really warming to Knighton, he is one of the best free agent signings of the current front office and seems like a character.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 06:20 AM   #141
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post

Agreed if we are going to be like another franchise in terms of the cap usage I'd rather us be more like New England but without the pretentiousness and dickish attitude and behavior
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 04:33 PM   #142
Cito Pelon
Been there, didn't get it

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Dude I'm not even reading your posts anymore until you quit this tantrum
Sorry bud, but I can't help it. Those mutts f'd up so bad. You can get all giddy, I'll be on their ass until they prove they're Lombardi material. They need to be chastised by the fan base, not this ass-kissing, excuse-making garbage.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 04:38 PM   #143
Chrissy Rules
Ring of Famer

Git er done

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PM OF COURSE

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
I'm sorry, what "outta" be a law?
its a Southern saying for it should not be legal...against the law...just Southern slang for hotness...
Old 05-30-2014, 04:40 PM   #144
Cito Pelon
Been there, didn't get it

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
Yep.... Full retard
Pfft, these pansies have a lot to prove this year. I'm hoping they can do it, but they look up too much to Peyton for leadership and he doesn't have backbone enough. Dude's been a crybaby all his life when he gets punched in the mouth and it's not gonna change when he's winding down his career.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 04:47 PM   #145
Chrissy Rules
Ring of Famer

Git er done

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PM OF COURSE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
Pfft, these pansies have a lot to prove this year. I'm hoping they can do it, but they look up too much to Peyton for leadership and he doesn't have backbone enough. Dude's been a crybaby all his life when he gets punched in the mouth and it's not gonna change when he's winding down his career.
didn't do to well the other night in the poker game eh ? Peytons backbone is just fine...and considering the career hes had if that's what you call a crybaby then he can cry on....
Old 05-30-2014, 05:33 PM   #146
Maleficent
Dame Jolie

Queen of the Moors

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post

No, really.

Peyton added 6 fumbles to the total. The most he had was 3 with the Colts.
Maleficent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 05:55 PM   #147
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Imagine how even better this offense could be if they stopped fumbling the ball.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 06:01 PM   #148
Chrissy Rules
Ring of Famer

Git er done

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PM OF COURSE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maleficent View Post
Peyton added 6 fumbles to the total. The most he had was 3 with the Colts.
Jeff Saturday was his center...BIG DIFFERENCE... okay just had to make an excuse for Peyton my man Manning....your right...the greenies will hopefully fix it...I do have to say I like Peytons attitude its about time he quit worrying about picking his words carefully...let it fly Peyt ...
Old 05-30-2014, 06:07 PM   #149
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissy Rules View Post
Jeff Saturday was his center...BIG DIFFERENCE... okay just had to make an excuse for Peyton my man Manning....your right...the greenies will hopefully fix it...I do have to say I like Peytons attitude its about time he quit worrying about picking his words carefully...let it fly Peyt ...
Huh? Mannings in the shotgun most the time. His fumbles weren't from center to QB exchange.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 06:12 PM   #150
Chrissy Rules
Ring of Famer

Git er done

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PM OF COURSE

Quote:
Huh? Mannings in the shotgun most the time. His fumbles weren't from center to QB exchange.
look its hard enough for me to admit that he makes mistakes...so to be honest about it to me in my mind even if its his fault for fumbling or throwing picks the other guy should of been there...Peyton my man Manning cant throw it catch it or pass it off all at the same time...geez....