The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2014, 01:03 PM   #101
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Dave Althouse @davealthouse
Follow
DT on new WRs - Cody wants to be great and Emmanuel is fast. They are quick learner sand should be good.
1:40 PM - 29 May 2014 Colorado, USA, United States

Wonder if Sanders wishes he had signed with KC he would have played a lot more there
?
I don't know about that. I know the plan is for Lattimer to become the number 2 and replace Decker, but I don't think that happens until 2015. I'd expect our starting trio to be DT, Sanders and Welker in the slot. Next season I'd expect Sanders to move to the slot and Lattimer to take over on the outside.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 01:12 PM   #102
FISH
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
I don't know about that. I know the plan is for Lattimer to become the number 2 and replace Decker, but I don't think that happens until 2015. I'd expect our starting trio to be DT, Sanders and Welker in the slot. Next season I'd expect Sanders to move to the slot and Lattimer to take over on the outside.
Welkers health is not something to bank on. He is likely to miss some time this year (hoping not) so both Sanders and Lattimer will likely get some time...Caldwell too.
FISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 01:15 PM   #103
Punisher
®WOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Money to Burn WOOOO®

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7

27 needs to be retired and Were back baby
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 01:18 PM   #104
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
That is the most logical scenario but there is the chance Latimer will excel this year and see the field more than expected at the expense of Sanders' playing time.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 03:04 PM   #105
Action
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
That is the most logical scenario but there is the chance Latimer will excel this year and see the field more than expected at the expense of Sanders' playing time.
That'll be tough. Sanders experience will most likely keep him on the field - and the time Latimer is already missing.

All 4 on the field at the same will be nice...

Then you have Julius Thomas...
Action is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 03:11 PM   #106
BMORE
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I don't understand why it's a forgone conclusion that Welker returns after this season. He didn't exactly break the bank, and his chemistry with Manning is big.

In fact I could see him returning to a team friendly deal.
BMORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 03:14 PM   #107
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
Cleveland brought in most of it's better players when Heckert was there.
We also had a damn good FA the past 2 seasons that Heckert has been here.
I think he works well with Elway and makes the FO better.
That must have been the reason why he was fired right? Because he brought in so many of Cleveland's better players.

I just would have liked to seen a little more from Heckert than just recycling Cleveland garbage into Denver in Moffet who then promptly retires.

Last edited by fontaine; 05-29-2014 at 03:16 PM..
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 03:22 PM   #108
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMORE View Post
I don't understand why it's a forgone conclusion that Welker returns after this season. He didn't exactly break the bank, and his chemistry with Manning is big.

I think the concern is more about his health. He has had some tough concussions. Two last season.
Old 05-29-2014, 03:46 PM   #109
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:

i wouldn't be surprised about that either. a solid veteran presence is always a good thing to have.
Old 05-29-2014, 03:53 PM   #110
iforgotmypassword
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Are you sure he isn't with Jenny Crank too?
He has been working out with Jeffry. He switched from doing pounds kilos. It's a mental thing I guess... And his gains are sky high.
iforgotmypassword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 04:04 PM   #111
Sly_Eli
Pro Bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lerentee McCray

Quote:

Yeah, I've been thinking the same thing. No way wes commands a lot of money on the free agent market as a 34 year old receiver with head issues. Add to that that he only wants to play with an elite qb like manning/Brady, and it seems likely to me that he takes a team friendly deal for 3 or 4 mil. Stokely was still able to thrive in a manning offense at age 37...I see no reason to let go of wes before manning retires.
Sly_Eli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 04:09 PM   #112
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontaine View Post
That must have been the reason why he was fired right? Because he brought in so many of Cleveland's better players.

I just would have liked to seen a little more from Heckert than just recycling Cleveland garbage into Denver in Moffet who then promptly retires.
Does the buck stop at Heckert or Elway? If you are going to blame him for players that were signed solely to fill in a OTC roster with no real expectations to make an already talented roster, then you have to give him credit for the high profile signings too(Ware, Ward, Talib,Montgomery, & Sanders), because the same department is responsible.

All that said, every personnel move has Elway's blessings. Case in point, Moffet was part of a trade in Aug. '13 because of a rash of injuries. The FO was a bit desperate at that point. No way this gets done without Elway's approval & blessings. You don't like it? Blame him then.

Last point: Heckert was replaced with another purge & regime change. Cleveland seems to hire & fire a lot of FO personnel. I could be wrong, but I don't think his replacement is still with the team.

Last edited by R8R H8R; 05-29-2014 at 04:15 PM..
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 04:15 PM   #113
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Keep DT at $10M per year, or keep Franklin/Welker at $10M per year? Tough decision for Elway.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 04:24 PM   #114
BroncosfanGuy
Make dub not dubstep

Big Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Wow I would be real hesitant to give a fat guy like POTROAST the boat load of money he wants. He is an injury waiting to happen being that fat.
What is this based on? Ted Washington and Casey Hampton were huge and remained relatively healthy. Washington played DT til he was almost 40
BroncosfanGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 04:24 PM   #115
BroncosfanGuy
Make dub not dubstep

Big Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Keep DT at $10M per year, or keep Franklin/Welker at $10M per year? Tough decision for Elway.
under this hypothetical it's an incredibly easy decision to keep DT. No brainer, really.
BroncosfanGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 04:29 PM   #116
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

I'm sticking with my theme of "candyass" until they get me out of AFC Championshipville.

These lads have a lot to prove. #1 AFC seed the past two years, bounced out in playoff game one 2012, totally embarrassed (**** you 'Chuck n' Duck' Peyton, it was an embarrassment) 2013.

I don't want to hear a bunch of bull****, I want to see a Lombardi. All this crap about work ethic and all this **** is just that, ****. I want to see backbone when they get punched in the mouth.

None of this sissyboy crap, "They threw our timing off because they're big meanies." That's chuck and duck Peyton in a nutshell. I'll be happy if Peyton can grow a backbone this season, but I think he's gonna fade away into a one-time Lombardi winner.

Last edited by Cito Pelon; 05-29-2014 at 04:35 PM..
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 04:30 PM   #117
BMORE
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I'm not so sure why it's one or the other. The cap goes up, there will be cap room. I guess we better sign your boy Moore to a $5 million a year deal, since he's a ball hawk!

Last edited by BMORE; 05-29-2014 at 04:41 PM..
BMORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 04:31 PM   #118
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
That really isn't a difficult decision to make.

One of the absolute best in the game at his position or a RT/LG that will want more than he is worth and a 34 year old WR with concussion history.

Also, the cap will go up and other players contracts will come off the books. So it isn't a foregone conclusion that paying DT automatically means we allow other guys to walk. Our front office has been great about bringing in talent but not killing the cap or giving out bad contracts.
Old 05-29-2014, 04:42 PM   #119
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosfanGuy View Post
under this hypothetical it's an incredibly easy decision to keep DT. No brainer, really.

Absolutely! What dilemma.
Old 05-29-2014, 04:43 PM   #120
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
I'm sticking with my theme of "candyass" until they get me out of AFC Championshipville.

These lads have a lot to prove. #1 AFC seed the past two years, bounced out in playoff game one 2012, totally embarrassed (**** you 'Chuck n' Duck' Peyton, it was an embarrassment) 2013.

I don't want to hear a bunch of bull****, I want to see a Lombardi. All this crap about work ethic and all this **** is just that, ****. I want to see backbone when they get punched in the mouth.

None of this sissyboy crap, "They threw our timing off because they're big meanies." That's chuck and duck Peyton in a nutshell. I'll be happy if Peyton can grow a backbone this season, but I think he's gonna fade away into a one-time Lombardi winner.
Dude I'm not even reading your posts anymore until you quit this tantrum
Old 05-29-2014, 04:49 PM   #121
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post

Yep.... Full retard
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 04:50 PM   #122
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

According to over the cap our rookies are projected to count $1,311,386 against our cap. So we should have about 4 million in change to work with for the rest of the off-season. Then we have Tamme and Dreessen we can free up money with as well.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 04:53 PM   #123
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosfanGuy View Post
Alright. Then goodbye Franklin and Welker. Fine with me. They can easily draft a starting LG in one of the top 3 rounds next year. On Defense, I think Knighton is the odd man out. Which is also fine with me. The Broncos are stacked at 3-tech.

If you're going to let those 3 guys walk, the Broncos can fit under the cap by signing everybody else to market-value contracts, no problem.
Old 05-29-2014, 04:53 PM   #124
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
According to over the cap our rookies are projected to count $1,311,386 against our cap. So we should have about 4 million in change to work with for the rest of the off-season. Then we have Tamme and Dreessen we can free up money with as well.
That's good news. Not that we would need that much for one guy, but I still expect the broncos to pursue a vet RB next month after the usual June cuts.
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 04:59 PM   #125
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
I've got the Broncos at $7M in remaining cap space after Dreessen gets bounced.

Depending on what they do with Tamme, ManRam, and Unrein, they could potentially set themselves up to make a major splash in FA next year, along with re-signing DT, JT, and Harris.