The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-28-2014, 09:17 PM   #126
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lone Bolt View Post
I estimate that $10-$12/hr would be enough to make ends meet in most places around the country. IMO $15/hr is only appropriate for locations with particularly high costs of living, e.g. Seattle, San Francisco, New York, etc.

But to address your point:

http://billmoyers.com/2014/03/07/all...-fallen-apart/
Proggies can cook books with the best of them, but the formula is pretty simple...

16 Billion in profit per year, give or take. 2.1 million employees. Seems pretty simple to see that giving all of them a $2 hour raise would eat more than half of Walmart's net profit margin.

I know, I know. Any profit is too much profit for some. But please remember that for most people in business, something that could potentially eat 50-60% of your profits is generally considered very significant.

It would definitely be time for them to rapidly deploy those Iphone self-checkout apps and send a few hundred thousand of those poor hapless Walmart "victims" to the unemployment line.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 09:24 PM   #127
Arkie
Ring of Famer

The f--- y'all motherf-ckas want?

Raising the minimum wage creates at least two artificial market forces driving up consumer prices. Rising labor costs is just one. When more consumers have more money chasing the same goods then prices rise. Higher incomes create higher costs of living in general.
Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 10:10 PM   #128
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Fast food is one of the major things killing American's. I'm honestly not all that upset by it. We need people to die to fight off over population and America seems fine with going out with a full (rather large) round belly. People want to eat fast food 5 days a week, supersize **** and go on meds any chance they can. Big corporations are thriving by killing you slowly. Wake up.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 11:01 PM   #129
The Lone Bolt
Ring of Famer

GO CHARGERS!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Proggies can cook books with the best of them, but the formula is pretty simple...

16 Billion in profit per year, give or take. 2.1 million employees. Seems pretty simple to see that giving all of them a $2 hour raise would eat more than half of Walmart's net profit margin.

I know, I know. Any profit is too much profit for some. But please remember that for most people in business, something that could potentially eat 50-60% of your profits is generally considered very significant.

It would definitely be time for them to rapidly deploy those Iphone self-checkout apps and send a few hundred thousand of those poor hapless Walmart "victims" to the unemployment line.
Lol! This is it? This is all you got? Dismiss the research of legitimate academics and make stuff up? Really dude?

Yeah you're done.
The Lone Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 11:23 PM   #130
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lone Bolt View Post
Lol! This is it? This is all you got? Dismiss the research of legitimate academics and make stuff up? Really dude?

Yeah you're done.
Walmart only makes about $7-8000 bucks per employee. That much is inarguable. Only a true progtard could think they could pay each employee thousands more (oh and expensive benefits as well) and not raise prices significantly.
Old 05-29-2014, 12:18 AM   #131
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncsRule View Post
Where do you get this tripe? No - really. Where does this information come from?

"astronomical inflation":

while a subjective term, on what planet have we experienced "astronomical inflation"? The annual rate of inflation has been below 5% for every year for the last 30 years, except 1990.

http://inflationdata.com/Inflation/I...Inflation.aspx
The government reported CPI is not the real inflation. It is a measure of inflation in relation to a basket of "consumer" items. Food, education, housing, energy, real estate are not included. In Colorado housing prices have skyrocketed 12% in the last year alone. Food, education, energy, and other real estate have also skyrocketed.

Quote:
1) US corporate tax rate 35%

While technically correct, no corporation actually pays this rate. The US effective corporate tax rate has hovered right around 15% for the last 10 years. That's funny that you believe everything Bernanke tells you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corpora..._United_States
Small businesses make up 99.7% of US employment firms. ALL developed countries other than the US have drastically lowered their corporate tax rate over the last 20 years, it's simply their only way of staying competitive globally. The US has seen a mass exodus of manufacturing over this same time period, because costs of doing business in the US is simply too high.

Quote:
3) Reform the entire tax-code to eliminate loop-holes and remove incentives that directly contribute to inflation.

Actually sounds ok - but where's the beef? Can you name even one specific change you would like to see made to the tax code?
Eliminate the mortgage income tax deduction. Reduce the corporate tax rate to zero eventually (just like all other developed countries), close the loopholes. The US has the most progressive tax system in the world, institute a flat tax for individuals above the poverty level.

Quote:
4) Reform healthcare, welfare, education, housing, and any other industry that has been completely screwed up by government spending of taxpayer dollars.

OK - so I assume by "reform", you mean "rape" and "privatize". Brilliant!
Rape education? The teachers union is raping us, the US taxpayer! We fully fund their retirement, healthcare, and wages. Don't you think they should have to pay out of their own salary to make their own healthcare and retirement sustainable?

Rape welfare? Welfare is raping the US taxpayer. I can't tell you how many people I know of who refuse to work, because there is no incentive. They can literally do nothing and live an upper class lifestyle. That needs to change. Food stamp usage has exploded.

Rape healthcare? The healthcare industrial complex is raping us! The US pays more per capita than ANY country in the world. Healthcare pricing is driven by cost-shifting and absence of free market principles due to Medicare, Medicaid, and Tricare. Single-payer doesn't work and is not the answer. Costs rise faster than inflation. The US has the same 4-payer healthcare system of Singapore. The difference? Singapore has an absence of taxpayer dollars in their private system (80% of transactions) and a regulated cost list in their public system (20% of transactions). Institute mandatory HSA's that can be used on healthcare, education, housing, and retirement. Just like Singapore.

Rape Housing? Housing is raping us. Real estate prices are through the roof. Banks can loan money from the government for almost free, and they charge us 4%. With help from the government, the banks are once again loosening loan standards to make the American taxpayer liable for defaults that inevitably happen. Require 20% down, just like has been the norm for the last 100 years.

Quote:
"Austerity" is a complete joke. "Austerity" is simply reducing increases in spending. In other words, keep increasing spending, just increase it at a slower rate. DEBT is the problem that has led to skyrocketing inflation. The current system is completely unsustainable.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 12:19 AM   #132
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
The other element in all of this is that employers, following the Walmart model, no longer give employees more than thirty hours a week.
Thanks to Obamacare
Old 05-29-2014, 01:58 AM   #133
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Walmart only makes about $7-8000 bucks per employee. That much is inarguable. Only a true progtard could think they could pay each employee thousands more (oh and expensive benefits as well) and not raise prices significantly.

Ahh the finest in dishonest ad hominem responses. Want to watch the video and try again? Did you catch the part at the end that explains where the data comes from?

Last edited by Fedaykin; 05-29-2014 at 02:04 AM..
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 07:15 AM   #134
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Thanks to Obamacare
They started doing this long before Obamacare. Just like the cost of health insurance was going up every year long before Obamacare.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 09:42 AM   #135
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Wal-Mart even outsources their employees health services overseas. It is all about profit for them.

Last edited by Requiem; 05-29-2014 at 10:04 AM..
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 10:05 AM   #136
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedaykin View Post

Ahh the finest in dishonest ad hominem responses. Want to watch the video and try again? Did you catch the part at the end that explains where the data comes from?
Yeah. Walmart can give it's employees many thousands more in salary, even if it only makes 7,000 per employee.

Because Youtubes!
Old 05-29-2014, 10:12 AM   #137
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Yeah. Walmart can give it's employees many thousands more in salary, even if it only makes 7,000 per employee.

Because Youtubes!
And the owners are four of the richest people on Earth.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 10:26 AM   #138
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
And the owners are four of the richest people on Earth.
None of them as rich as Uncle Warren. How's that living wage thing going over at Dairy Queen?
Old 05-29-2014, 11:22 AM   #139
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Yeah, yeah, blame Bush, yet here is Obama for over 5 years now and not fixing all of these things that were so bad before he became president. VA? Healthcare? IRS? Jobs? Taxes? Libya? Syria? Ukraine? Balanced budget? Immigration? Others I'm probably forgetting, but he's been a success though since nothing can be blamed on him since all of these problems suddenly become news to him, even the ones he ran on to fix. Free pass though, he's a democrat.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 11:38 AM   #140
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
Yeah, yeah, blame Bush, yet here is Obama for over 5 years now and not fixing all of these things that were so bad before he became president. VA? Healthcare? IRS? Jobs? Taxes? Libya? Syria? Ukraine? Balanced budget? Immigration? Others I'm probably forgetting, but he's been a success though since nothing can be blamed on him since all of these problems suddenly become news to him, even the ones he ran on to fix. Free pass though, he's a democrat.
I think this whole misunderstanding could all get resolved with a resident proggie "We're sorry we blamed you for everything, G-dub" thread.
Old 05-29-2014, 11:53 AM   #141
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
They started doing this long before Obamacare. Just like the cost of health insurance was going up every year long before Obamacare.
Yes, costs were going up due to taxpayer dollars setting unlimited prices in Medicare/Medicaid/Tricare.

Obamacare defined the 30 hour workweek as "full-time". I worked retail part-time for the last 12 years and witnessed first hand everyone's hours shrink to just under the 30 hour threshold. All these companies would are aiming to eliminate benefits and put the liability on the US Taxpayer. Obamacare has enabled them to do that.
Old 05-29-2014, 11:56 AM   #142
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
None of them as rich as Uncle Warren.
I hear Uncle Warren's railroad business is doing very well, now that all oil pipelines have been put on hold.

It pays to have friends in high places.
Old 05-29-2014, 12:33 PM   #143
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
Raising the minimum wage creates at least two artificial market forces driving up consumer prices. Rising labor costs is just one. When more consumers have more money chasing the same goods then prices rise. Higher incomes create higher costs of living in general.
How about the guy making $11 an hour now? He will want a $4 raise at least. That guy at the same company making $14 an hour? Why of course he is going to want at least $3-$4 raise now. It isn't just the minimum wage earners, it is the whole pay scale. I have a job at my company that pays between $13-$15 an hour. If the minimum wage goes up past $10, you damn right I am going to be charging more to the customers. Everyone will be paying more in these areas for most or close to all goods, including liberals.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 01:59 PM   #144
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

Because Youtubes!
Oh look, BB going through his typical list of dishonestly. I'm so surprised!
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 02:02 PM   #145
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
I hear Uncle Warren's railroad business is doing very well, now that all oil pipelines have been put on hold.

It pays to have friends in high places.
You won't hear anything about Obama being in Berkshire Hathaway's pocket from these guys. It's not so much any problem they have with their favorite Pols being owned by Billionaires. They're only concerned about WHICH Billionaires.
Old 05-29-2014, 02:03 PM   #146
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedaykin View Post
Oh look, BB going through his typical list of dishonestly. I'm so surprised!
"Hey guys, look, another Static Accounting Proggie saying lunch is once again free. Youtube proof to follow"
Old 05-29-2014, 02:17 PM   #147
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
You won't hear anything about Obama being in Berkshire Hathaway's pocket from these guys. It's not so much any problem they have with their favorite Pols being owned by Billionaires. They're only concerned about WHICH Billionaires.
That's so true. These idiots still slinging their 1970's slogans, "republicans only worry about their rich" while their democrat heroes hang out and collect from millionaires for decades. But "that's different" just like a child would believe.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 02:23 PM   #148
Rigs11
Ring of Famer

Tell me the last time that the GOP did anything for the middle class or poor.hell, tell me the last time the GOP did anything for America since Obama was elected.
Rigs11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 02:25 PM   #149
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
How about the guy making $11 an hour now? He will want a $4 raise at least. That guy at the same company making $14 an hour? Why of course he is going to want at least $3-$4 raise now. It isn't just the minimum wage earners, it is the whole pay scale. I have a job at my company that pays between $13-$15 an hour. If the minimum wage goes up past $10, you damn right I am going to be charging more to the customers. Everyone will be paying more in these areas for most or close to all goods, including liberals.
Yeah, wages pretty much have to go up across the board to make a new artificial minimum workable.
Old 05-29-2014, 02:33 PM   #150
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
Good grief. Most of these things have been issues for many, many years, through many different presidential administrations both GOP and Dem. And they will continue to be issues for many more. Who seriously expected them to get "fixed" by Obama? Is it the fact that he didn't fulfill his promises that has your panties in such a bunch? As if every POTUS before him didn't do the same thing?
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote