The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2014, 12:39 PM   #51
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
Originally Posted by milehighJC View Post
Update: we considered trying to find a Silver Lab from a breeder, but in the end I was not willing to shell out big bucks to a breeder when there are so many awesome dogs to be found to be adopted.

We adopted this little girl last week from a Denver based foster organization (Paws and Co.) They were fantastic, and she is a keeper of epic proportions. I don't really have any idea what she is (they said the thought she was Bulldog/Pointer), but I think she looks like she has some lab in her too. I don't know about bulldog, but I do believe she has some pointer in her.

We have had her for a week (now 11 weeks old), and she is nearly housebroken, sits, shakes, lays down, sits at every intersection while on walks, and even fetches a little, at least until she is distracted by the bug that just flew by.

I was already a fan of adopting from shelters, now I am even more so.

[/URL]
Nice job. Good lookin' pup. Congratulations.
Old 06-27-2014, 12:50 PM   #52
milehighJC
Solid Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
I'd go with Jack Russell long before bulldog.
Interesting thought... that would explain the brains, and maybe some of the markings. I was not familiar with black and white Jack Russells, but see LOTS of them on google.
milehighJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 01:01 PM   #53
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
I'd go with Jack Russell long before bulldog.
I asked Boris the Angry Bulldog if he knew anything about this, and he answered, quoting, "Are you trying to be ironic right now, you ****ing a-hole? I should rip out your ****ing jugular for even making that joke!"

Boris the Angry Bulldog has a dark experience in his history that I had forgotten.

(Sorry for the fathead-sized picture; but Boris the Angry Bulldog's fat head demands high-definition.)
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 01:06 PM   #54
milehighJC
Solid Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post
I asked Boris the Angry Bulldog if he knew anything about this, and he answered, quoting, "Are you trying to be ironic right now, you ****ing a-hole? I should rip out your ****ing jugular for even making that joke!"

Boris the Angry Bulldog has a dark experience in his history that I had forgotten.

(Sorry for the fathead-sized picture; but Boris the Angry Bulldog's fat head demands high-definition.)
I don't care how big the picture is, that is hilarious.
milehighJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 01:29 PM   #55
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post

Ha. By "I'd go with" I meant that I see a lot of Jack Russell features in the dog and nothing to indicate bulldog, which he was originally told it was. I don't see any bulldog in that pup.

Bulldogs and boxers are my favorite breeds by far.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 01:32 PM   #56
kamakazi_kal

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mayhem Miller

if you don't inted to breed him/her ..... parents present should be good engough..

that's a hairy dog though man..... P in the A
kamakazi_kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 01:34 PM   #57
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
That dog, without papers, should cost 1/10th the price you're listing. Walk away.

The papers, and credentials are for breeding purposes. You pay for the lineage, and pureness of blood and proof that these things are pure. Nothing else.
Pure lineage is not what it's cracked up to be. Look at the Royals.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 01:44 PM   #58
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Ha. By "I'd go with" I meant that I see a lot of Jack Russell features in the dog and nothing to indicate bulldog, which he was originally told it was. I don't see any bulldog in that pup.

Bulldogs and boxers are my favorite breeds by far.
Yeah, I know what you were saying. My point was that, in approaching Boris about whether he had recently been sowing his wild oats, he became offended.

Boris is my second English Bulldog. They're knuckleheads. But, oh so sweet! He's 65 pounds of muscle, and he wouldn't hurt a butterfly. As much as I get tired of some of their irritating qualities, the good things will probably keep me getting Bulldogs for the rest of my life.

The one thing I learned is to choose your breeders carefully.
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 01:56 PM   #59
Ragnar
Solid Starter

hate them chiefs

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Pure lineage is not what it's cracked up to be. Look at the Royals.
Oh I know

It's one of the most inflated "Bubble Economies" in the world. The value of the papers is only as strong as the people willing to pay for the papers, but each year that amount keeps going up due to Ad Hoc placement by the breeders.

I own an Egyptian Arabian brood mare. There is no way that those horses are worth 50k low end, and multi-millions high end. Yet here I am, selling them for a profit margin that is somewhere in the 400% range after the cost of breeding/feeding/raising/studfees etc. (low end) I dream of my first 2000% profit margin day. I'll be able to stop pretending to be a Bank Manager during my daylight hours.
Ragnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 02:04 PM   #60
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
Oh I know

It's one of the most inflated "Bubble Economies" in the world. The value of the papers is only as strong as the people willing to pay for the papers, but each year that amount keeps going up due to Ad Hoc placement by the breeders.

I own an Egyptian Arabian brood mare. There is no way that those horses are worth 50k low end, and multi-millions high end. Yet here I am, selling them for a profit margin that is somewhere in the 400% range after the cost of breeding/feeding/raising/studfees etc. (low end) I dream of my first 2000% profit margin day. I'll be able to stop pretending to be a Bank Manager during my daylight hours.

So many citizens feel the same way, working pretend jobs. It seems a failure of society when you spend ⅓ of your life working at a job you are not passionate about to pay fake (fiat) money to sleep comfortably for ⅓ of your live and spend a large portion of the remaining ⅓ preparing for the other 2/3s

Doesn't leave a lot of time for the important things like parenting, creative expression and just plain having fun.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote