The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-2014, 06:46 AM   #26
BMORE
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
I loved seeing that. We had had a finesse defense with no balls for so long, that even if it was dirty it was still nice to see some fight on our Defense.
Agreed, although I don't like the nastiness on the play where he hit Luck after the play and extended their drive!
BMORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 07:30 AM   #27
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMORE View Post
Agreed, although I don't like the nastiness on the play where he hit Luck after the play and extended their drive!
Or taking off his helmet several plays in a row extending that drive?

He cost the Broncos the game with his stupidity and proved himself to be a classless human in one fell-60-minute swoop.

...but by all means, continue to fawn over Sly's incredibly low-impact backup for 20-30 plays per game.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 07:44 AM   #28
BMORE
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Or taking off his helmet several plays in a row extending that drive?

He cost the Broncos the game with his stupidity and proved himself to be a classless human in one fell-60-minute swoop.

...but by all means, continue to fawn over Sly's incredibly low-impact backup for 20-30 plays per game.
His presence against the run and nastiness is a welcome addition. You need to have that to play in the trenches and set a presence for your teammates.

I said I didn't like how he hit Luck late and then took his helmet off it was idiotic. But Rev you wanted his ass cut after he pushed down on the Samoan, even though he was hit low several times in previous plays and they weren't called.

I'm not saying his retaliation was the smart move nor necessarily justified, but you have to have some nasty to you to play inside.
Old 05-20-2014, 07:51 AM   #29
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
His presence against the run and nastiness is a welcome addition. You need to have that to play in the trenches and set a presence for your teammates.

I said I didn't like how he hit Luck late and then took his helmet off it was idiotic. But Rev you wanted his ass cut after he pushed down on the Samoan, even though he was hit low several times in previous plays and they weren't called.

I'm not saying his retaliation was the smart move nor necessarily justified, but you have to have some nasty to you to play inside.
Odd how the run d got even better without his "nastiness" (which is only used because he tried to injure another player... no one ever mentioned Vick as "nasty" in the years prior... just another case of over-valuing a player because he's in O&B)

Vickerson's stupidity cost the Broncos the game.

His complete void of class only exaggerates the issue.
Old 05-20-2014, 08:18 AM   #30
BMORE
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Odd how the run d got even better without his "nastiness" (which is only used because he tried to injure another player... no one ever mentioned Vick as "nasty" in the years prior... just another case of over-valuing a player because he's in O&B)

Vickerson's stupidity cost the Broncos the game.

His complete void of class only exaggerates the issue.
That could have been more of an indicator of playing as a more traditional 4-3 type formation. Ayers, Sly, Knighton, Malik with Trevethan, Lennon, and Irving is not exactly a light group of personnel. In fact that's a stouter group of run defenders than our normal group or maybe in the past with Doom on one edge and Von on the other.

The run D was stout to start the year and got shakier in the middle of the year, but certainly wasn't bad. And then it improved thereafter.

Do you think Sly is better verse the run than Vickerson?
Old 05-20-2014, 08:43 AM   #31
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
That could have been more of an indicator of playing as a more traditional 4-3 type formation. Ayers, Sly, Knighton, Malik with Trevethan, Lennon, and Irving is not exactly a light group of personnel. In fact that's a stouter group of run defenders than our normal group or maybe in the past with Doom on one edge and Von on the other.

The run D was stout to start the year and got shakier in the middle of the year, but certainly wasn't bad. And then it improved thereafter.

Do you think Sly is better verse the run than Vickerson?
Not necessarily, I just think Vickerson isn't nearly as good at it as the OM myth that began with the knee-punch and not before.

Tell you what, Vickerson has been a Bronco for years. Find one reference to him being "nasty" before last season.

"Nasty" is not synonymous with "stupid".

Vickerson is STUPID and cost the Broncos the game.

With NO uncertainty: I've never seen a string of detrimental mistakes that cost the Broncos a win so openly celebrated by people.