The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2014, 05:39 PM   #76
BroncosfanGuy
Make dub not dubstep

Big Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
I don't really like it. He owned us last year and I'd rather us play the best.
I'm fine w/ it considering it's a week 1 contest and Denver has Sea, SF, AZ, StL on the schedule. All of which have very good defences.
BroncosfanGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 05:44 PM   #77
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosfanGuy View Post
I'm fine w/ it considering it's a week 1 contest and Denver has Sea, SF, AZ, StL on the schedule. All of which have very good defences.
I'm fine with it because it means less potential hits on Manning and a healthier neck.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 05:46 PM   #78
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

When they don't test for hgh why do something they do test for?
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 06:35 PM   #79
Kaylore
Because I am better

Everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

I don't care if we aren't facing them at their best. We'll have plenty of opportunities to face good teams this season. Getting some breaks on your schedule is all part of the equation to getting into the playoffs. We all know just getting in is the only important thing.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 06:38 PM   #80
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
When they don't test for hgh why do something they do test for?
Considering the amount of guys who get busted for weed even when it's widely known when you will get tested... Why even ask this question?

Plus there are drawbacks to each performance enhancer. Some will go farther than others and risk their health more.
Old 05-16-2014, 10:20 PM   #81
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
If he was in fact taking fertility medicine then it would be pretty ****ty of Goddell to not remove the offense.
Pretty hard for Goodell to know this situation since he obviously never born but made from ****.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 01:22 AM   #82
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
Considering the amount of guys who get busted for weed even when it's widely known when you will get tested... Why even ask this question?

Plus there are drawbacks to each performance enhancer. Some will go farther than others and risk their health more.
Yeah but weed gets you high. What cool drug can you do that is mellow and safe that compares.

Maybe HGH not that good by itself? but more part of a cocktail with steriods?

I was just wondering if HGH worked so well why do steriods? I don't think weed really compares.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 04:33 AM   #83
doof
Solid Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
He has twin sons, so lol at this claim of infertility.

Not saying that he isn't guilty but clomid is used to treat male infertility and twins are also often a result of In Vitro fertilization. But if that were true he probably would have used the clomid before and I would assume he'd know by now what he was using, considering this wouldn't have been his first round of treatment.
doof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 04:52 AM   #84
HILife
Ring of Famer

Mrs. Alicia Hilife

Quote:
ROBERT MATHIS STATEMENT: "It is difficult for me to address the circumstances surrounding this suspension because they involve very personal medical information, but it is very important to me that my fans, particularly young people, understand what did and did not occur. Like many families, my wife and I faced fertility challenges, and I sought medical assistance. I specifically asked the doctor if the medication he prescribed for me would present a problem for NFL drug testing, and unfortunately, he incorrectly told me that it would not. I made the mistake of not calling the NFL or NFLPA to double check before I took the medication at the end of last season. The union has worked very closely with me to present all of the facts and medical records for consideration of discipline that does not include a suspension because of the unique facts of my case, but the Commissioner refused the request. I am deeply saddened that this situation will prevent me from contributing to my team for four games, and I regret that I didn't cross check what my doctor told me before I took the medication. I hope that my fans will understand the unique circumstances involved here and continue to know that I am a man of integrity who would never intentionally circumvent the performance enhancing substance policy agreed to by the NFL and my union. The incredible blessing of this very upsetting situation is that, after I took the medication very briefly at the end of last season, we learned that my wife is expecting a baby. We are thrilled that we will be welcoming a new member in several months, but I apologize to my teammates, coaches and Colts fans that I will not be able to contribute to my team for the first four weeks of the 2014 season. I will work extremely hard during that time to stay in top football shape and will be prepared to contribute immediately upon my return."
Goodell is a mega douche.
HILife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 09:09 AM   #85
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

“The drug for which Mr. Mathis tested positive is not approved by the FDA for fertility in males and is a performance-enhancing drug that has been prohibited for years. Importantly, Mr. Mathis did not consult with the policy’s Independent Administrator, a physician jointly approved by the NFL and NFL Players Association. Nor did he consult with his team doctor, the team’s training staff, the NFLPA, the league office or the hotline established under the policy to give confidential information to players. Each of these sources would have warned against using this substance.

“A cornerstone of the program is that a player is responsible for what is in his body. Consistent application of the policy’s procedures is critical to the integrity of the program.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...robert-mathis/
Gutless Drunk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 09:18 AM   #86
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
“The drug for which Mr. Mathis tested positive is not approved by the FDA for fertility in males and is a performance-enhancing drug that has been prohibited for years. Importantly, Mr. Mathis did not consult with the policy’s Independent Administrator, a physician jointly approved by the NFL and NFL Players Association. Nor did he consult with his team doctor, the team’s training staff, the NFLPA, the league office or the hotline established under the policy to give confidential information to players. Each of these sources would have warned against using this substance.

“A cornerstone of the program is that a player is responsible for what is in his body. Consistent application of the policy’s procedures is critical to the integrity of the program.”

well, there you go. It was his responsibility to check with his team doctors, and/or the independent administrator, and/or various different available sources.
Tombstone RJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 09:56 AM   #87
DENVERDUI55
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by HILife View Post
Goodell is a mega douche.
Why is he? Robert took a known drug that goes with a steroid cycle and knew if he was caught he would be suspended. He could also then try and make it look like some fertility drug. I would be in the same boat as Robert if I took banned drugs at my work except I would be on the street without a job. Robert cheated and was caught. It is time for him to pay up.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 10:04 AM   #88
ShiftyEyedWaterboy
Ring of Famer

Mr. Hockey

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brandon Perna

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Why is he? Robert took a known drug that goes with a steroid cycle and knew if he was caught he would be suspended. He could also then try and make it look like some fertility drug. I would be in the same boat as Robert if I took banned drugs at my work except I would be on the street without a job. Robert cheated and was caught. It is time for him to pay up.
Yep. People love to bash Goodell. Anyway you cut it Mathis is in the wrong here.
ShiftyEyedWaterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 10:52 AM   #89
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

I didn't realize that this mixed estrogen agonist/antagonist that is used by steroid abusers was against the drug policy. I was using it because I'm infertile. Pay no attention to my previously fathered children.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 10:59 AM   #90
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
He has twin sons, so lol at this claim of infertility.

To be fair, those kids look a little like Travis Henry.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 11:02 AM   #91
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
Don't be talking about my dad like that.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 02:59 PM   #92
Maleficent
Dame Jolie

Queen of the Moors

Quote:
In the case of Colts defensive end Robert Mathis, the NFL has departed from its usual policy, responding to the statement issued by agent Hadley Englehard.

Englehard called the suspension “unjust and unfair,” explaining that Mathis was taking a fertility drug in order to have another child. The drug is on the list of banned substances.

“As Mr. Mathis’s agent acknowledged today, his client failed to follow the protocols in the policy that the NFL and NFLPA agreed upon to address precisely these kinds of claims,” the league said. “That policy also prescribes the disciplinary consequences of a positive test. The policy does not provide — nor should it provide — for the Commissioner to override the policy’s procedures and assess discipline on an after-the-fact, ad hoc basis. Here Mr. Mathis actually withdrew his appeal and accepted discipline at the union’s suggestion. His hearing took place only after the Players Association requested that the appeal be reinstated.

The league is not buying his agent bs.
Maleficent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 06:17 PM   #93
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Failure an Option for this team

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
ROBERT MATHIS STATEMENT: "It is difficult for me to address the circumstances surrounding this suspension because they involve very personal medical information, but it is very important to me that my fans, particularly young people, understand what did and did not occur. Like many families, my wife and I faced fertility challenges, and I sought medical assistance. I specifically asked the doctor if the medication he prescribed for me would present a problem for NFL drug testing, and unfortunately, he incorrectly told me that it would not. I made the mistake of not calling the NFL or NFLPA to double check before I took the medication at the end of last season. The union has worked very closely with me to present all of the facts and medical records for consideration of discipline that does not include a suspension because of the unique facts of my case, but the Commissioner refused the request. I am deeply saddened that this situation will prevent me from contributing to my team for four games, and I regret that I didn't cross check what my doctor told me before I took the medication. I hope that my fans will understand the unique circumstances involved here and continue to know that I am a man of integrity who would never intentionally circumvent the performance enhancing substance policy agreed to by the NFL and my union. The incredible blessing of this very upsetting situation is that, after I took the medication very briefly at the end of last season, we learned that my wife is expecting a baby. We are thrilled that we will be welcoming a new member in several months, but I apologize to my teammates, coaches and Colts fans that I will not be able to contribute to my team for the first four weeks of the 2014 season. I will work extremely hard during that time to stay in top football shape and will be prepared to contribute immediately upon my return."
To get a suspension don't you already have to be in the program and have tested positive once before?

He is right he should have checked with the NFL, NFLPA, Union, anyone else that he needs to in order to make sure it isn't a violation. Just like missing a test, ignorance is not bliss.
broncosteven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 06:25 PM   #94
ShiftyEyedWaterboy
Ring of Famer

Mr. Hockey

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brandon Perna

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
To get a suspension don't you already have to be in the program and have tested positive once before?

He is right he should have checked with the NFL, NFLPA, Union, anyone else that he needs to in order to make sure it isn't a violation. Just like missing a test, ignorance is not bliss.
This is what I thought. I think that only applies to rec drugs through. PED's are an instant suspension on 1st offense apparently.
ShiftyEyedWaterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 06:38 PM   #95
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
Well he did attempt to repopulate the world.
Old 05-17-2014, 06:45 PM   #96
Kaylore
Because I am better

Everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftyEyedWaterboy View Post
This is what I thought. I think that only applies to rec drugs through. PED's are an instant suspension on 1st offense apparently.
This is correct. Recreational drugs and performance enhancing drugs each have entire programs that are handled completely differently by the NFL. Drugs under the PED category, which includes all PED masking agents, are an immediate 4 game suspension and the player is in stage 2 of the NFL substance abuse program, which means frequent random testings with a possibility to cycle down to stage 1 and eventually out of the program. All NFL players are randomly tested throughout the year whether they are in the program or not, including up to 6 random tests during the offseason.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 07:46 PM   #97
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

You also can't be in the team facility during PED suspensions, you can during recreational drug suspensions.
Hercules Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 03:50 AM   #98
Maleficent
Dame Jolie

Queen of the Moors

Old 05-18-2014, 04:15 AM   #99
Action
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

If you believe Mathis - shame on you.

Mathis has been paid millions over his career, you don't think he'd double check to see if they can take a FERTILITY drug and if it could affect their career? Not to mention - as an athlete - you're pretty well aware of the whole PED world. No one is that stupid - professional athletes are around this **** on a daily basis.

His team probably schemed this up before he started his PEDs - that just in case he gets caught he can pull the "family" card and connect with Americans. PR 101.

You shouldn't even need to know the following details to assume he's lying.

The drug Mathis alleged took is a known drug that can be used in conjunction with PED's to mask the PED...and as someone said earlier - used at the end of a cycle.

The way this played out - Mathis pulling his appeal, NFL responding to Mathis - tells me the NFL could have very well tested him for PED's but only released the Clomid for PR purposes. And if Mathis wanted to go to keep pushing they'll drop the hammer and **** up his career image.

Mathis's agent/team did their best to save his image. You don't want to get caught using PEDs in this day and age...especially with where he's at in his career.

Last edited by Action; 05-18-2014 at 04:18 AM..
Action is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 04:25 PM   #100
Maleficent
Dame Jolie

Queen of the Moors

Can't find the one where he twisted his ankle.