The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Poll: What Democrat should be President?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
What Democrat should be President?

Old 05-16-2014, 09:29 AM   #51
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
They are both right in the center of the the FDR/JFK progressive tradition. The fact you righties consider them "fringe" just shows how extremist the Right has become.
?
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 10:53 AM   #52
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess Who View Post
Look at the Ryan budget. You get a Republican you get that budget. No way Hillary goes that way.

Also there would be environmental laws repealed, Public schools, IRS, Department of Housing, Education would all be scrapped. It is so much bigger than just the two candidates. Plus they would gut green energy and close down abortion centers. In their ever lasting quest to keep the dark people from voting.They would also have the go ahead to pass even more strict voter suppression laws.

There is a HUGE differance.
Only in increments. Clinton would take us to the same place, only slower. Like Obama. She would still hand over more power to international corporations while weakening government, and weakening the rights and powers of the people. Same corporate feudalism. With the Right Wingers, you just get there faster, since they regard corporate fealty as some sort of quasi-religious salvation and the destruction of our government as a utopian ideal. Since most people are too stupid to see what's happening right in front of their faces, it would be best to get there quicker. Once the suffering gets to the right pitch, and enough people wake up, they will tear this rotten house down and build a new one. Incrementalism just prolongs the suffering.

Thieves have taken over our house. Parasites control our national destiny. They sit like foul spiders on the pulse of our commerce, sucking out the lifeblood of our nation as it passes through their claws. Is reducing the level of their feeding a victory, or would you rather remove the parasite entirely?

Last edited by Rohirrim; 05-16-2014 at 10:56 AM..
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 04:34 PM   #53
Guess Who
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM

Quote:
Only in increments. Clinton would take us to the same place, only slower. Like Obama. She would still hand over more power to international corporations while weakening government, and weakening the rights and powers of the people. Same corporate feudalism. With the Right Wingers, you just get there faster, since they regard corporate fealty as some sort of quasi-religious salvation and the destruction of our government as a utopian ideal. Since most people are too stupid to see what's happening right in front of their faces, it would be best to get there quicker. Once the suffering gets to the right pitch, and enough people wake up, they will tear this rotten house down and build a new one. Incrementalism just prolongs the suffering.

Thieves have taken over our house. Parasites control our national destiny. They sit like foul spiders on the pulse of our commerce, sucking out the lifeblood of our nation as it passes through their claws. Is reducing the level of their feeding a victory, or would you rather remove the parasite entirely?
I am not arguing with you on some of the economic stuff. But if you are a democrat and believe in democratic principles than she is a hell of a lot better than any republican.
Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 06:56 AM   #54
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
I am not arguing with you on some of the economic stuff. But if you are a democrat and believe in democratic principles than she is a hell of a lot better than any republican.
I'd be curious to discover what "democratic principles" are. I haven't seen any in years coming out of the democratic party. All I see is a combination of triangulation and respond and react. That's why we continue moving relentlessly to the Right. The Right knows what they want. They want to shrink government until they can drown it in a bathtub while turning the assets of the nation over to the parasites at the top. They have been highly successful at this policy for decades. I have yet to see what line the Democrats will not cross.
Old 05-19-2014, 11:04 AM   #55
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

What a ****ty list of lesser evils to consider.
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 12:40 AM   #56
Guess Who
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM

Quote:
I'd be curious to discover what "democratic principles" are. I haven't seen any in years coming out of the democratic party. All I see is a combination of triangulation and respond and react. That's why we continue moving relentlessly to the Right. The Right knows what they want. They want to shrink government until they can drown it in a bathtub while turning the assets of the nation over to the parasites at the top. They have been highly successful at this policy for decades. I have yet to see what line the Democrats will not cross.
I understand your skepticism but it will be better under Hillary. The hartred for Obama is so immense the Republicans can get away with stonewalling everything. Hillary is going to win states like W.V., N.C., Kentucky possibly even Georgia and Arizona. She is going to have a huge mandate going in and with Obama gone I think the Republicans will be more willing to compromise..... I hope so anyway. You know I believe she is going to go middle of the road with her VP choice. Sherrod Brown of Ohio would be a good choice but you never know maybe she will fire up the base with a more liberal selection.
Old 05-20-2014, 08:34 AM   #57
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
I understand your skepticism but it will be better under Hillary. The hartred for Obama is so immense the Republicans can get away with stonewalling everything. Hillary is going to win states like W.V., N.C., Kentucky possibly even Georgia and Arizona. She is going to have a huge mandate going in and with Obama gone I think the Republicans will be more willing to compromise..... I hope so anyway. You know I believe she is going to go middle of the road with her VP choice. Sherrod Brown of Ohio would be a good choice but you never know maybe she will fire up the base with a more liberal selection.
I think she will do the same thing Democrats have done for decades, run as a progressive to get elected and then slam the doors on the progressives once in office. Just like Obama.

I don't know how anybody can possibly imagine that the Right Wing is going to change. If they do, it will be in the opposite direction and they will become even more dogmatic and ideologically rigid. They have purged all moderates from their party. From whom is this new spirit of "compromise" going to come?

There is a large, Right Wing movement taking place all over the world. Fascists are regaining power in Europe under the banner of anti-immigration. The Likud runs Israel. The army just launched a coup in Thailand for "stability." Nationalists are rising in China and Japan is rearming and moving toward nationalism as well. America should be throwing the brakes on Right Wing nationalism, libertarianism and globalist feudalism, not electing another compartmentalized triangulator and Wall Street sell-out.
Old 05-20-2014, 08:41 AM   #58
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
It's not going to make a difference,Obama had a big mandate when elected in 2008 & 2012. Rethugs are not going to compromise or cooperate regardless.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 10:28 PM   #59
Guess Who
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
It's not going to make a difference,Obama had a big mandate when elected in 2008 & 2012. Rethugs are not going to compromise or cooperate regardless.
It will be different because she isn't black and she is well liked by poor white people on the whole. Obama did not win by a huge mandate he won by 4% points. I look for Hillary to rack up 57% of the vote.

It will still be tough BUT I think it will be easier then it has the last 6 years.

Hillary isn't my choice but she is going to be the choice and I am all in.
Old 05-20-2014, 11:08 PM   #60
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Bloomberg
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 12:52 AM   #61
Arkie
Ring of Famer

The f--- y'all motherf-ckas want?

Quote:
I look for Hillary to rack up 57% of the vote.
Only 7 Presidents have ever racked up that much. The only way she wins big is if the opposition is split, but she'll never reach 51%.
Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 03:20 AM   #62
Guess Who
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
Only 7 Presidents have ever racked up that much. The only way she wins big is if the opposition is split, but she'll never reach 51%.
Obama just won with almost 54%

It will be a landslide..... well it will be very very convincing.

Last edited by Guess Who; 05-21-2014 at 03:23 AM..
Old 05-21-2014, 03:24 AM   #63
Guess Who
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
Bloomberg
I like the guy, not sure if I like him enough for President though. He is about as controversial as Warren. Although he will get crap from both progressive and conservatives.
Old 05-21-2014, 08:05 AM   #64
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
I like the guy, not sure if I like him enough for President though. He is about as controversial as Warren. Although he will get crap from both progressive and conservatives.
Yeah, don't mistake me as saying that guy could actually have a shot in hell.

1. I don't think he'd ever make the jump to run on a D ticket.

2. I think he's far too cozy with Wall St. to ever be considered by most progressives outside New York.

3. The NRA would spend every last penny they had against him... even if it meant selling all their guns.

4. The US is more likely to vote for a purple dinosaur than for a 5'5" billionaire Jew.

That said, I would love to see him throw his hat in the race.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 08:13 AM   #65
Guess Who
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
Yeah, don't mistake me as saying that guy could actually have a shot in hell.

1. I don't think he'd ever make the jump to run on a D ticket.

2. I think he's far too cozy with Wall St. to ever be considered by most progressives outside New York.

3. The NRA would spend every last penny they had against him... even if it meant selling all their guns.

4. The US is more likely to vote for a purple dinosaur than for a 5'5" billionaire Jew.

That said, I would love to see him throw his hat in the race.
Don't forget the Progressives would tear him apart for his "Stop and Frisk" It would be a train wreck!!
Old 05-21-2014, 08:30 AM   #66
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Don't forget the Progressives would tear him apart for his "Stop and Frisk" It would be a train wreck!!
Not so sure. If the last 5+ years have taught us anything, it's that Progressives are fully willing to halt and Spread 'Em, just so long as there's a (D) behind the badge.

So maybe Bloomby would have to formally affiliate with the party. Once that happens, anything goes.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 01:02 PM   #67
Arkie
Ring of Famer

The f--- y'all motherf-ckas want?

Quote:
Obama just won with almost 54%

It will be a landslide..... well it will be very very convincing.
The excitement over Obama in 2008 was higher than anybody since Reagan. He got 52.93% on his popularity and Bush's dismal record. He got 51.06% when the Rupublicans couldn't settle on a flavor of the week, anybody but Romney.

Hillary may reach 50% if the Republicans are in the same shape. She's not as popular as Obama. She wasn't as popular as Obama 6 years ago. She will be even less popular in 2 years with the age issue.
Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 05:58 PM   #68
Guess Who
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
The excitement over Obama in 2008 was higher than anybody since Reagan. He got 52.93% on his popularity and Bush's dismal record. He got 51.06% when the Rupublicans couldn't settle on a flavor of the week, anybody but Romney.

Hillary may reach 50% if the Republicans are in the same shape. She's not as popular as Obama. She wasn't as popular as Obama 6 years ago. She will be even less popular in 2 years with the age issue.
She will be less popular by the time election rolls around that is just natural. We will see how the Republican Primary shakes out. Match her up against Rand Paul and it won't be close.
Old 06-25-2014, 12:31 AM   #69
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

I'll add another name this Republican would vote for who has a D next to his name: Jerry Brown.

Only downside is age. He has become a true centrist....very different from what he was in the 70s. I have been especially impressed with his fiscal conservatism. He's done a great job holding the line on spending, constantly pushing back against the Dem supermajorities in Sacramento and insisting on painful cuts, rainy day funds and pension reforms. He also got the public to go with a small, temporary tax hike which I also supported to raise revenue and the good thing about it was he didn't go and immediately start looking to spend it. I'm totally willing to increase taxes during times of deficits so long as they are used for just that...deficit reduction. He's also started to make some headway on long term debt.

He also has a good cap and trade program to reduce emissions in the state. I support a national version too as it would be better than a carbon tax because it actually uses market principles.

I'm totally impressed with this dude. I wish he were 10 years younger. I crossed party lines to vote for him 4 years ago and will do so again.

Huntsman is the top choice for President for me, but Brown would be second.
Old 06-25-2014, 01:55 AM   #70
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

I'm always amused that there are so many people who think Hillary can win this thing. She was much stronger in 2012 when she lost to a charismatic nobody who came out of nowhere. She's incredibly weak as a candidate, espeically for an idealistic base of voters. I don't even know if Hillary can win the Democrat nomination, let alone the presidency.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 03:35 AM   #71
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
I'm always amused that there are so many people who think Hillary can win this thing. She was much stronger in 2012 when she lost to a charismatic nobody who came out of nowhere. She's incredibly weak as a candidate, espeically for an idealistic base of voters. I don't even know if Hillary can win the Democrat nomination, let alone the presidency.
I hope you don't lose your **** when she's elected president. You're living in some kind of republican fantasyland if you think this.

You don't even have a viable candidate to run against her.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 06:25 AM   #72
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

While gaffe prone in public, Hillary remains the overwhelming favorite because she will have so much more money and organization around her than anyone and once in the general election will have a major demographic advantage. Unless we dip back into another recession or the bottom completely falls out from under Obama due to scandal etc., it will be hard for her to lose.
Old 06-25-2014, 07:26 AM   #73
Guess Who
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
Only way she will get beat is by another Democrat. Look at the Electoral Map. No Republican will have a chance to win it. Every 4 years Dems are putting more states in play. In 2016 Repub strongholds West VA, Georgia and Arizona will be in play for the Dems. in 2008 and 2012 former Repub states Virginia, NC and SC were in play for the Dems.

She is not as charismatic as Bill obviously, but she is a good Candidate and probable the most qualified presidential candidate in history. It is possible for someone on her left to come out like Obama did but she will not have any problems in general and win by at least 5% points.
Old 06-25-2014, 07:28 AM   #74
Guess Who
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
I'll add another name this Republican would vote for who has a D next to his name: Jerry Brown.

Only downside is age. He has become a true centrist....very different from what he was in the 70s. I have been especially impressed with his fiscal conservatism. He's done a great job holding the line on spending, constantly pushing back against the Dem supermajorities in Sacramento and insisting on painful cuts, rainy day funds and pension reforms. He also got the public to go with a small, temporary tax hike which I also supported to raise revenue and the good thing about it was he didn't go and immediately start looking to spend it. I'm totally willing to increase taxes during times of deficits so long as they are used for just that...deficit reduction. He's also started to make some headway on long term debt.

He also has a good cap and trade program to reduce emissions in the state. I support a national version too as it would be better than a carbon tax because it actually uses market principles.

I'm totally impressed with this dude. I wish he were 10 years younger. I crossed party lines to vote for him 4 years ago and will do so again.

Huntsman is the top choice for President for me, but Brown would be second.
Jerry Brown is very Liberal isn't he? I always thought he was on the far left of the spectrum. What6 about that Gavin guy in San Francisco? I heard him talk a couple of times and seems like he might be going places. I imagine he is very Liberal as well.
Old 06-25-2014, 07:28 AM   #75
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

you need an option for JUST STICK A FOR IN US!
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote