The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2014, 04:51 PM   #26
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

I would to point out that AF runs the same program and those assets managed by SPACOM were not dependent on NASA launch program.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 08:27 PM   #27
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 08:41 PM   #28
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
DenverBrit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 11:58 PM   #29
Guess Who
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM

If John McCain was elected we would have had wars in Libya, Egypt, Syria, Iran and Ukraine. Oh yeah we would also still be in Iraq.
Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 05:17 AM   #30
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess Who View Post
If John McCain was elected we would have had wars in Libya, Egypt, Syria, Iran and Ukraine. Oh yeah we would also still be in Iraq.
Don't forget Nigeria. He said we should have sent troops after those girls last week.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 12:40 PM   #31
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
this is a ridiculous argument....nevermind the hundreds of ICBM's in the US, and in Europe, the sea launched ICBM's, cruise missiles on B-52's, B-1's, and aboard other sea vessels. Putin has cried and b****ed about this missile shield for years and finally got his way with Obummer. Putin has been emboldened ever since.
I also believed that Obama had wisely canceled the Poland ABMs. I was wrong. According to the NY Times article I posted the US installed patriot ground to air missiles in Poland in 2010.

They can have no use other than to defend against a Russian nuclear counter attack- -- assuming a US nuclear first strike.

The US moved toward nuclear primacy during the GW Bush presidency. Check it out,
http://www.dartmouth.edu/~dpress/doc...Primacy_FA.pdf
mhgaffney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 12:46 PM   #32
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
The U.S. government has overthrown the Iraqi and Libyan governments with military force, instigated a military attack by outside Islamist forces on the Syrian government, demonized Iran as a precursor to military attack, captured the former Russian province of Georgia in a U.S.-financed “color revolution,” overthrown the elected Honduran government, unleashed orchestrated protests against the government of Venezuela, threatened Bolivia and Ecuador, routinely attacks with drones and missiles populations in Pakistan and Yemen, and has been at war against the Taliban in Afghani- stan for 13 years.

Iran, Russia, and China are being surrounded with U.S. military bases, and now the neoconservatives in Washington have captured Ukraine with a Washing- ton-sponsored coup against a democratically elected government. Washington claims that the Ukraine government was corrupt. Corrupt like who — Washington and the EU?

I hate to break it to you, Gaffo, but this guy is nuts.
NO, PCR is spot on.

You don't understand the world you live in.

The US encirclement of Russia and China has been policy for many years. MHG

Check it out.
Global Military Alliance: Encircling Russia and China

US sponsored military partnership in the Far East and the Pacific Rim

http://www.globalresearch.ca/global-...and-china/5605
Old 05-15-2014, 01:15 PM   #33
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhgaffney View Post
I also believed that Obama had wisely canceled the Poland ABMs. I was wrong. According to the NY Times article I posted the US installed patriot ground to air missiles in Poland in 2010.

They can have no use other than to defend against a Russian nuclear counter attack- -- assuming a US nuclear first strike.
Nope.

You make categorical statements that are utter bull****.

Explain to me why the US would launch hundreds of nukes at Russia as a first strike.
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 01:23 PM   #34
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

Nuclear primacy is a crazy policy -- but evidently that's what you get when sociopaths run the country.
Old 05-15-2014, 02:34 PM   #35
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Nuclear primacy is a crazy policy -- but evidently that's what you get when sociopaths run the country.
Not what I asked.

Why would the US launch a first strike against Russia?
Old 05-15-2014, 02:43 PM   #36
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

W*Gs, you should put that question to the lunatics running our country.
Old 05-15-2014, 02:53 PM   #37
BroncsRule
Perennial Pro-bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

The US moved toward nuclear primacy during the GW Bush presidency. Check it out,
http://www.dartmouth.edu/~dpress/doc...Primacy_FA.pdf
Your ignorance truly is breathtaking.

Patriot lacks the range, altitude and technical sophistication to be the least bit effective against ballistic missiles coming in from LEO at mach 26.

They're only +/- 70% effective against SCUD-like short and medium range missiles (the sort that Iran is capable of producing).

So - for their stated purpose, the Patriot batteries in Turkey are at least somewhat combat effective. Slighly moreso as a political/PR tool.

In your proposed hairbrained conspiracy fantasy role, they would be completely useless.
BroncsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 03:37 PM   #38
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
W*Gs, you should put that question to the lunatics running our country.
It takes a loony to know a loony.

Now, why would the US launch a first-strike against Russia? What would America gain?

Expain, please.
Old 05-15-2014, 05:31 PM   #39
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncsRule View Post
Your ignorance truly is breathtaking.

Patriot lacks the range, altitude and technical sophistication to be the least bit effective against ballistic missiles coming in from LEO at mach 26.

They're only +/- 70% effective against SCUD-like short and medium range missiles (the sort that Iran is capable of producing).

So - for their stated purpose, the Patriot batteries in Turkey are at least somewhat combat effective. Slighly moreso as a political/PR tool.

In your proposed hairbrained conspiracy fantasy role, they would be completely useless.
You should do some homework BEFORE opening your big mouth. The Patriots in Poland is only the first step.

Obama reset theUS relationship with Russia after he came into office, and backtracked on Bush's planned ABM system for eastern Europe.

The system that Bush wanted -- US land based interceptors -- was part of a US nuclear first strike plan.

Obama installed patriot missiles instead -- which as you say are designed to stop only short range and intermediate range missiles. However, since the US coup in Ukraine that destroyed an elected government and substituted in its place A US-puppet nationalist government that is now following orders from the White House, everything has changed..

The US intends to revive Bush's ABM land based interceptor system -- and this is indeed part of a first strike plan. They will be installed in Poland next year. MHG

Ukraine Refocuses Debate on US Missile Defense

Originally published at
http://www.military.com/daily-news/2...3317828&rank=1

Posted on March 12, 2014 by editor

Tensions with Russia over Ukraine have led lawmakers and former military leaders to suggest the Obama administration take a tougher defensive posture toward Russia and revisit previous U.S. plans to build land-based missile defense technology in Poland and the Czech Republic.

“There are military options that don’t involve putting troops on the ground in Crimea. We could go back and reinstate the ballistic missile defense program that was taken out. It was originally going to go in Poland and Czech Republic. Obama took it out to appease Putin,” former Vice President Dick Cheney said Sunday on CBS’ Face the Nation program.

The prior plan he mentioned involved constructing missile silos in Poland with Ground Based Interceptors, or GBIs, and radar in the Czech Republic. It was implemented and begun when Cheney was in office as vice president during the George W. Bush administration.

While development of the missile silos in Poland had already begun, this plan was canceled in 2009 when the Obama administration reset relations with Russia. Russia had been strongly opposed to the construction of any kind of missile defense technology close to its borders.

Resetting relations with Russia paved the way for the Obama administration to broker the New START Treaty in 2010 — a U.S.-Russian bilateral agreement to limit ICBMs, launchers and warheads.

Also speaking on CBS’ Face the Nation, Rep. Paul Ryan, R-Wis., questioned the Russian reset policy and said the current administration should revisit missile defense in light of the problems in Ukraine.

“I think we should definitely revisit missile defense. I think if President Obama himself revisited missile defense that would be a very strong signal. I think you could charitably describe the reset policy as naive wishful thinking,” he said.

In place of the Ground Based Interceptor site in Poland, the Obama administration chose to implement what’s called the European Phased Adaptive Approach — an effort to use ship-based Aegis radar and Standard Missile-3 technology to provide a protective envelope for missile defense.

Known as Aegis Ashore, the plan calls for land-based missile defense sites in Romania by 2015 and Poland by 2018, said Rick Lehner, spokesman for the Missile Defense Agency.

Lehner did not comment on various opinions about restarting land-based European GBI development, but did say the Pentagon’s Aegis Ashore effort was progressing. Development of the Aegis Ashore site in Romania is already underway, he said.

“The program of record is Aegis Ashore in Romania and Poland. It will be operational by the end of 2015,” he explained. “We will have our first Aegis Ashore flight test from Hawaii in the next three to four months.”

The Romanian Aegis Ashore site will be configured to fire the SM-3 IB interceptor missile, Lehner said. However, the Polish site for 2018 will be able to fire the larger, more powerful SM-3 IIA missile, which has a longer range, he added.

Unlike the SM-3 weapon, land-based GBIs like those planned for Poland are designed to knock ICBMs out of the sky during the midcourse phase of flight when the incoming missile is in space.

“The GBIs are primarily designed against the type of ICBMs that could be developed by North Korea and Iran — and the Aegis Ashore technology is designed for use against short- to intermediate-range ballistic missiles,” Lehner said.
Old 05-15-2014, 05:49 PM   #40
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

This board is woefully uninformed (and worse, misinformed) about the world you live in.

Here is a golden opportunity to remedy the problem. This backgrounder by former CIA analyst Ray McGovern reviews the history and shows that the US broke promises made to Gorbachev at the end of the Cold War.

These broken promises are at the root of the present crisis in Ukraine

No less a figure than former US ambassador to Moscow George Kennan warned back in 1997 that “Expanding NATO [into eastern Europe] would be the most fateful error of American policy in the entire post-cold-war era.”

MHG

How NATO Jabs Russia on Ukraine
May 15, 2014

Exclusive: The U.S. mainstream media portrays the Ukraine crisis as a case of Russian “imperialism,” but the reality is that Moscow has been reacting to aggressive moves by Washington to expand NATO to Russia’s border in violation of a post-Cold War pledge, writes ex-CIA analyst Ray McGovern.

By Ray McGovern

Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov used Wednesday’s interview with Bloomberg News to address the overriding issue regarding the future of Ukraine, at least from Moscow’s perspective. Speaking in fluent English, he said Russia would be “categorically against” Ukraine joining NATO.

Lavrov said he welcomed the interviewer’s question regarding whether Ukraine can be part of NATO, recognizing it as a chance to shoehorn background information into the interview. It was an opportunity to explain Moscow’s position to a wide English-speaking international audience – first and foremost Americans. His comments seemed partly aimed at those so malnourished on “mainstream media” that they might be learning the history of NATO enlargement for the first time.

http://consortiumnews.com/2014/05/15...ia-on-ukraine/
Old 05-15-2014, 08:03 PM   #41
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:

However, since the US coup in Ukraine that destroyed an elected government and substituted in its place A US-puppet nationalist government that is now following orders from the White House, everything has changed..
Old 05-15-2014, 08:17 PM   #42
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
NO, PCR is spot on.

You don't understand the world you live in.

The US encirclement of Russia and China has been policy for many years. MHG

Check it out.
Global Military Alliance: Encircling Russia and China

US sponsored military partnership in the Far East and the Pacific Rim

http://www.globalresearch.ca/global-...and-china/5605
No. His statements are easily debunked and demonstrably false. The man has lost his mind.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 12:07 AM   #43
Missouribronc
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

This is REALLY great stuff!
Missouribronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 06:23 AM   #44
W*GS
Ring of Famer

gaffe, why would the US launch a first-strike against Russia? What would America gain?

Expain, please.
Old 05-16-2014, 11:34 AM   #45
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
No. His statements are easily debunked and demonstrably false. The man has lost his mind.
Oh really?

I just posted a detailed paper by long-time CIA analyst Ray McGovern that jibes with PCR's view. Did you bother to read it?
MHG
Old 05-16-2014, 11:56 AM   #46
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
Oh really?

I just posted a detailed paper by long-time CIA analyst Ray McGovern that jibes with PCR's view. Did you bother to read it?
MHG
So you found two troofers who you agree with. What a surprise.

You're a predictable con man and repository of loose screws.
Old 05-17-2014, 01:54 PM   #47
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

CIA analyst Ray McGovern a troofer?

Brit keeps reminding me why I had (have) him on IGGY.
Old 05-17-2014, 01:58 PM   #48
baja
Elite Sissie

Because

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies

Quote:

How do you know what he said?
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 02:27 PM   #49
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:

You should put yourself on iggy, you're clueless as usual.

9/11 Bio: David Ray Griffin
His 9/11 books have been endorsed by .............. and Ray McGovern.

http://davidraygriffin.com/bio/

Ray McGovern, a former CIA analyst for over 25 years who has become a legend in the truther movement,
http://www.christianpost.com/news/10...changed-55467/
Old 05-17-2014, 02:29 PM   #50
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
How do you know what he said?
A narcissist like Gaffo wouldn't put anyone on iggy.

“There is only one thing in the world worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about.”

― Oscar Wilde,