The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2014, 08:28 AM   #1
txtebow
WARRIOR
 
Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Big D
Posts: 1,884

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem
Default "White Privilege"--very well stated Young man!

https://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-livi...182554683.html

"I do condemn them for diminishing everything I have personally accomplished, all the hard work I have done in my life, and for ascribing all the fruit I reap not to the seeds I sow but to some invisible patron saint of white maleness who places it out for me before I even arrive."
txtebow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2014, 09:26 AM   #2
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,018

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtebow View Post
https://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-livi...182554683.html

"I do condemn them for diminishing everything I have personally accomplished, all the hard work I have done in my life, and for ascribing all the fruit I reap not to the seeds I sow but to some invisible patron saint of white maleness who places it out for me before I even arrive."
, read the article and then you see the liberal left's answer, it's literally this: Fortgang is uneducated.

That's it, that is all the critics are saying. Fortgang just doesn't understand.

See, I told everyone here that when someone disagrees with the left they will resort to saying you are uneducated. So predictable. So sad.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 12:56 PM   #3
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 18,741
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
See, I told everyone here that when someone disagrees with the left they will resort to saying you are uneducated. So predictable. So sad.
NOWHERE do any of the "liberal" responses state, or even imply, that Fortgang is "uneducated". NOWHERE. If they do, please quote where they do so. The truth is that the responses are very respectful For example:

“It’s the wrong thing to demonize this gentleman, though. [His essay] just reveals how much work there is to be done.”

So, the only thing predictable and sad here is you. You can't counter the arguments, so you make sh*t up. Predictable and sad.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 03:30 PM   #4
txtebow
WARRIOR
 
Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Big D
Posts: 1,884

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
NOWHERE do any of the "liberal" responses state, or even imply, that Fortgang is "uneducated". NOWHERE. If they do, please quote where they do so. The truth is that the responses are very respectful For example:

“It’s the wrong thing to demonize this gentleman, though. [His essay] just reveals how much work there is to be done.”

So, the only thing predictable and sad here is you. You can't counter the arguments, so you make sh*t up. Predictable and sad.
No, what's sad (and pathetic) is how so many wet behind the ears WHITE PEOPLE so readily accept the notion of "WHITE PRIVILEGE" as being a legitimate MODERN factor for success in America TODAY. WEALTHY PRIVILEGE absolutely exists; but to those who are born poor or middle class, white and male, there is ZERO advantage and in fact, it can be argued that it's a disadvantage when competing with minorities for admission to colleges and within the workforce while trying to work one's way up from middle class to the top tax bracket in 'Merica today....
txtebow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 03:48 PM   #5
baja
Elite Sissie
 
baja's Avatar
 
Because

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 59,523

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtebow View Post
No, what's sad (and pathetic) is how so many wet behind the ears WHITE PEOPLE so readily accept the notion of "WHITE PRIVILEGE" as being a legitimate MODERN factor for success in America TODAY. WEALTHY PRIVILEGE absolutely exists; but to those who are born poor or middle class, white and male, there is ZERO advantage and in fact, it can be argued that it's a disadvantage when competing with minorities for admission to colleges and within the workforce while trying to work one's way up from middle class to the top tax bracket in 'Merica today....
That's probably true and has been for a couple of generations now. Why do you keep posting about it?
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 04:48 PM   #6
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.
 
DenverBrit's Avatar
 
Got a breath mint??

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Denver
Posts: 12,392

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
That's probably true and has been for a couple of generations now. Why do you keep posting about it?
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 06:41 PM   #7
txtebow
WARRIOR
 
Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Big D
Posts: 1,884

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
That's probably true and has been for a couple of generations now. Why do you keep posting about it?
Because that phrase is getting more and more main stream media coverage; it's a creation from the fringe of the left wing; it's divisive, demeaning and anyone who chooses to use that term should be regarded as racist.

The fact that the yahoo article linked in post 1 displayed a " counter point" to the gentleman who refuted the whole notion of " white privilege" shows where the MSM 's leanings truly are...

Last edited by txtebow; 05-03-2014 at 06:45 PM..
txtebow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 06:44 PM   #8
baja
Elite Sissie
 
baja's Avatar
 
Because

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 59,523

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtebow View Post
Because that phrase is getting more and more main stream media coverage; it's a creation from the fringe of the left wing; it's divisive, demeaning and anyone who chooses to use that term should be regarded as racist.
You should watch this;

http://www.snagfilms.com/films/title/generation_zero

I think you will find it very interesting. Let me know if you liked it.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 06:55 PM   #9
baja
Elite Sissie
 
baja's Avatar
 
Because

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 59,523

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtebow View Post
Because that phrase is getting more and more main stream media coverage; it's a creation from the fringe of the left wing; it's divisive, demeaning and anyone who chooses to use that term should be regarded as racist.

The fact that the yahoo article linked in post 1 displayed a " counter point" to the gentleman who refuted the whole notion of " white privilege" shows where the MSM 's leanings truly are...
So, you are pointing out modern day white man's propensity to self loathing and a misplaced guilt over treatment of blacks by previous generations. Embracing the Political Correct dictate "I am white therefore I am unworthy" sweeping the socal fabric? Ya I see that happening as well.

It is why PC is such a powerful tool in the hands of the belief controllers . Big Problem for society to work through, no doubt!
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 06:57 PM   #10
txtebow
WARRIOR
 
Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Big D
Posts: 1,884

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
You should watch this;

http://www.snagfilms.com/films/title/generation_zero

I think you will find it very interesting. Let me know if you liked it.
You're likely some late 50s early 60ish bachelor whose legacy will come to an end with your last breath. For those of us who have children, the changing political and social dynamics in the USA are of the upmost importance particularly since the pendulum has swung from equality of opportunity to equality of outcomes. I don't expect you to understand.
txtebow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 07:06 PM   #11
baja
Elite Sissie
 
baja's Avatar
 
Because

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 59,523

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtebow View Post
You're likely some late 50s early 60ish bachelor whose legacy will come to an end with your last breath. For those of us who have children, the changing political and social dynamics in the USA are of the upmost importance particularly since the pendulum has swung from equality of opportunity to equality of outcomes. I don't expect you to understand.
Dude watch the film I get what you are saying that's why I posted the link.

It's a little off topic but it lays out and interesting generational cycle.

Guess what generation is generation zero? My generation, baby boomers / rebels of the 60's / yuppies of the 80 & 90's / Greedy fat cats of today. That's who broke the game. The film does not have a solution that is realistic but it damn well lays out how we got to today financially. That's the part worth watching.

And you're wrong about me not caring. I live vey lightly on the earth.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 09:50 AM   #12
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 18,741
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtebow View Post
WEALTHY PRIVILEGE absolutely exists; but to those who are born poor or middle class, white and male, there is ZERO advantage and in fact, it can be argued that it's a disadvantage when competing with minorities for admission to colleges and within the workforce while trying to work one's way up from middle class to the top tax bracket in 'Merica today....
To an extent I agree with this. But, who has most of the wealth that fuels this ongoing and growing "wealthy privilege"?
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 11:01 AM   #13
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,018

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
NOWHERE do any of the "liberal" responses state, or even imply, that Fortgang is "uneducated". NOWHERE. If they do, please quote where they do so. The truth is that the responses are very respectful For example:

“It’s the wrong thing to demonize this gentleman, though. [His essay] just reveals how much work there is to be done.”

So, the only thing predictable and sad here is you. You can't counter the arguments, so you make sh*t up. Predictable and sad.

Others, though, were not as impressed. Some tweets noted that the student did not seem to understand the concept of privilege. In an opinion piece published in the Columbia Spectator, of Columbia University, students Dunni Oduyemi and Parul Guliani wrote that Fortgang’s piece inspired a “collective Eye roll.” They continue, “We decided that we had to respond to this op-ed, which completely misses the point and grossly misinterprets the meaning of privilege and the way it functions.” In addition, they note, “Recognizing the fact that white men benefit from the kinds of racist and sexist structures on which American society is built isn’t meant to diminish his accomplishments. It’s meant to remind us that white men don’t have an inherent predilection for success — the odds have just been stacked in their favor.”

It's pretty simple, they are saying Fortgang simply doesn't know what they are talking about which means he is uneducated in his opinion. I disagree, I think Fortgang is smart enough, and educated enough to know exactly their point, Fortgang is simply calling it BS. So, Fortgang disagrees with them, nothing more.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 01:40 PM   #14
txtebow
WARRIOR
 
Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Big D
Posts: 1,884

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
To an extent I agree with this. But, who has most of the wealth that fuels this ongoing and growing "wealthy privilege"?
A tiny % of the general population who claim European ancestry in the United States.

And the remedy as currently proposed by leftists like you? Creating artificial OUTCOMES for non whites. Our culture has evolved from " equal opportunity" ( which I 110% support) to mandating artificial outcomes based upon race. ( NYC fire fighters are a great example-- can't pass a written exam to the same extent as white applicants?? NO PROBLEM! Here's a badge AND BACK PAY for " discrimination". )


Going forward, I am all for aid and opportunity in college placement and for business contracts and loans for those academically qualified applicants who come from families making $60,000 or less annually. That is a fair and equitable way to potentiate the rebirth of the American dream. Race absolutely should not be a factor for consideration.
txtebow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 01:42 PM   #15
txtebow
WARRIOR
 
Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Big D
Posts: 1,884

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
Others, though, were not as impressed. Some tweets noted that the student did not seem to understand the concept of privilege. In an opinion piece published in the Columbia Spectator, of Columbia University, students Dunni Oduyemi and Parul Guliani wrote that Fortgang’s piece inspired a “collective Eye roll.” They continue, “We decided that we had to respond to this op-ed, which completely misses the point and grossly misinterprets the meaning of privilege and the way it functions.” In addition, they note, “Recognizing the fact that white men benefit from the kinds of racist and sexist structures on which American society is built isn’t meant to diminish his accomplishments. It’s meant to remind us that white men don’t have an inherent predilection for success — the odds have just been stacked in their favor.”

It's pretty simple, they are saying Fortgang simply doesn't know what they are talking about which means he is uneducated in his opinion. I disagree, I think Fortgang is smart enough, and educated enough to know exactly their point, Fortgang is simply calling it BS. So, Fortgang disagrees with them, nothing more.

Exactly.
txtebow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 04:19 PM   #16
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 18,741
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtebow View Post
And the remedy as currently proposed by leftists like you? ...
I don't propose any such remedies. Do you have evidence to the contrary?
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 07:35 PM   #17
txtebow
WARRIOR
 
Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Big D
Posts: 1,884

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
I don't propose any such remedies. Do you have evidence to the contrary?
Almost every single time I make a post in WRP forum you take an antagonistic position. Why would I assume that your position ( being against racial preferences and set asides and against the foolish notion of " white privilege" ) would be the same as mine on this occasion?
txtebow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 04:26 AM   #18
Arkie
Ring of Famer
 
Arkie's Avatar
 
Say 'what' again, I dare you

Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 10,446
Default

txtebow's thin skin couldn't handle the world without white privilege. Let’s say that txtebow forgot to pack his shampoo for a business trip. When he gets to the hotel, he sees that the complimentary shampoo is not the standard Suave product to which he's accustomed but rather Pink Oil Lotion for African American hair. He would think to himself: "Those black folks...This is so unfair!", and then he would come to the Orange Mane and start a thread about it.
Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 05:45 AM   #19
txtebow
WARRIOR
 
Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Big D
Posts: 1,884

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
txtebow's thin skin couldn't handle the world without white privilege. Let’s say that txtebow forgot to pack his shampoo for a business trip. When he gets to the hotel, he sees that the complimentary shampoo is not the standard Suave product to which he's accustomed but rather Pink Oil Lotion for African American hair. He would think to himself: "Those black folks...This is so unfair!", and then he would come to the Orange Mane and start a thread about it.
If I was traveling abroad in a country that was 60% plus Black, I'd fully expect the hotel to cater to the MAJORITY. What a pathetic attempt to add to this discussion. Continue on with your self flagellation sheep.
txtebow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 06:30 AM   #20
Arkie
Ring of Famer
 
Arkie's Avatar
 
Say 'what' again, I dare you

Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 10,446
Default

White privilege is not racism. The unintended perks and advantages are reality.
Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 09:15 AM   #21
txtebow
WARRIOR
 
Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Big D
Posts: 1,884

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
White privilege is not racism. The unintended perks and advantages are reality.
The belief in "white privilege" is the very essence of racism. You are a shameful human being.
txtebow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 09:35 AM   #22
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer
 
Irish Stout's Avatar
 
Run for it Marty!

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,888

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard
Default

The last two paragraphs of that article are some of the most enlightening. They go on to explain exactly how white privilege has its roots in our society. That prior to 1952, if you weren't white, you could not be a naturalized citizen of this country. Its also noted in there how terms like "check your privilege" and other pithy statements do not help to overcome this notion of privilege, but rather breed hostility.

Bottom line is that both Fortgang and Battalora are right. Currently in this country you do have an opportunity to rise up from whatever your station or pigmentation is. As long as we keep pushing for individual equal rights we can only hope that such issues as these can drop into the historical background.
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 09:57 AM   #23
Arkie
Ring of Famer
 
Arkie's Avatar
 
Say 'what' again, I dare you

Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 10,446
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtebow View Post
The belief in "white privilege" is the very essence of racism. You are a shameful human being.
You're not very bright. You said it yourself. Catering to the majority is a majority privilege.
Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 10:01 AM   #24
txtebow
WARRIOR
 
Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Big D
Posts: 1,884

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Stout View Post
The last two paragraphs of that article are some of the most enlightening. They go on to explain exactly how white privilege has its roots in our society. That prior to 1952, if you weren't white, you could not be a naturalized citizen of this country. Its also noted in there how terms like "check your privilege" and other pithy statements do not help to overcome this notion of privilege, but rather breed hostility.

Bottom line is that both Fortgang and Battalora are right. Currently in this country you do have an opportunity to rise up from whatever your station or pigmentation is. As long as we keep pushing for individual equal rights we can only hope that such issues as these can drop into the historical background.
I don't think that too great a percentage of our population has any issue with " equal rights" ( opportunity). The problem is that "white privilege" helps give credence to the current left wing movement to go from equality of opportunity to equality of outcome( disparate impact, white privilege, etc). Go look up the NYC firefighter case where blacks and Latinos didn't perform as well as white applicants on a written exam and were subsequently not offered jobs. They were given the same opportunity as white applicants but the results in NYC firefighter demographics were deemed disproportionate and those previous applicants were given badges and back pay for " discrimination"
txtebow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 11:25 AM   #25
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,018

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
White privilege is not racism. The unintended perks and advantages are reality.
I'd love an example from your personal experience.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:09 AM.


Denver Broncos