The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2014, 01:08 PM   #1
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 24,308

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default Broncos pick up fifth year option on Von Miller.

Just got an email from the Denver Post.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2014, 01:11 PM   #2
Bronc0guy
Struttin' that ass
 
Bronc0guy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,010

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cody Latimer
Default

Good news. Figured it was coming.
Bronc0guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 01:12 PM   #3
Flacko
UDFA
 
Flacko's Avatar
 
Rookie

Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 485

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Roby
Default

Now go out and earn that big check Von!
Flacko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 01:24 PM   #4
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 21,109

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Foregone conclusion.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 01:38 PM   #5
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer
 
LikeABoss5820's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 3,412

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

Not a huge surprise, good move though.
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 01:54 PM   #6
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer
 
NFLBRONCO's Avatar
 
Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Lafayette Colorado
Posts: 8,349
Default

who
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 01:55 PM   #7
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 10,477
Default

To the surprise of no one.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 02:00 PM   #8
Rabb
No Luca, No!
 
Rabb's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 7,905

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey
Default

He's going to be a monster this season. Med told me.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 02:19 PM   #9
ZONA
Ring of Famer
 
ZONA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 10,546

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

The BEAST will be back in full force next year.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 02:28 PM   #10
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
 
maven's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 10,110
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
He's going to be a monster this season.
If he wants a lot of money he better be a BEAST.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 02:39 PM   #11
ZONA
Ring of Famer
 
ZONA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 10,546

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

The very 1st place Von went after returning from the KC game last year, was the hospital to see Wolfe. The guy is a good person and I believe he does have a good work ethic. Just needed to mature a little bit and stop hanging with the friends who are a bad influence. I don't think he has bad character flaws like a Suh or some others. He'll bring it next year, I believe he's got a chip on his shoulder, something to prove.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 02:49 PM   #12
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
The very 1st place Von went after returning from the KC game last year, was the hospital to see Wolfe. The guy is a good person and I believe he does have a good work ethic. Just needed to mature a little bit and stop hanging with the friends who are a bad influence. I don't think he has bad character flaws like a Suh or some others. He'll bring it next year, I believe he's got a chip on his shoulder, something to prove.
Sorry he tackles too hard Suh has donated millions of dollars to NU and just this year has gave his HS 250,000 dollars to help build a new school. Then there is the Ndamukong Suh Family Foundation has provided Detroit students with school supplies and college scholarships. What a scum bag.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 02:57 PM   #13
Bronco
Perennial Pro-bowler
 
Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Top 5 defenseville
Posts: 978

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Talib
Default

Dpoy & cpoy
Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 03:11 PM   #14
SportinOne
Ring of Famer
 
SportinOne's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 3,881
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Sorry he tackles too hard Suh has donated millions of dollars to NU and just this year has gave his HS 250,000 dollars to help build a new school. Then there is the Ndamukong Suh Family Foundation has provided Detroit students with school supplies and college scholarships. What a scum bag.
?

tackles too hard is not same as purposely stepping on or trying to injure people.

donating money is not the same as being a good person, especially when it's friggin tax deductable lol. if donations were an accurate barometer for character then every insanely rich person in the country would fall under the same umbrella. they all do it, people expect them to, and it's done out of PR in many cases.

i don't know Suh personally, i'm just saying your arguments are weak.
SportinOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 03:12 PM   #15
SportinOne
Ring of Famer
 
SportinOne's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 3,881
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco View Post
Dpoy & cpoy
if he could only get off of Dpot.

SportinOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 03:15 PM   #16
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportinOne View Post
?

tackles too hard is not same as purposely stepping on or trying to injure people.

donating money is not the same as being a good person, especially when it's friggin tax deductable lol. if donations were an accurate barometer for character then every insanely rich person in the country would fall under the same umbrella. they all do it, people expect them to, and it's done out of PR in many cases.

i don't know Suh personally, i'm just saying your arguments are weak.
So letting down your whole team because you can't say no to drugs is a better character trait then playing "too physical"?
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 04:22 PM   #17
SportinOne
Ring of Famer
 
SportinOne's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 3,881
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
So letting down your whole team because you can't say no to drugs is a better character trait then playing "too physical"?
i don't recall commenting on Von Miller's character in what i said.

i did however address the fact that there's a difference between physicality and outright disgusting behavior.
SportinOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 09:07 PM   #18
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer
 
Gutless Drunk's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 4,694

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default


Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 09:18 PM   #19
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry
 
BowlenBall's Avatar
 
2014 -- This one's for Pat.

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 5,301

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis
Default

Von Miller has exactly 8 months from today to earn his next contract. I'm sure Elway is very nervous about giving mega-millions to the guy in these photos:







I'd like to be positive, but I'm afraid I've seen this movie before....
BowlenBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 09:39 PM   #20
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer
 
LikeABoss5820's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 3,412

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowlenBall View Post
Von Miller has exactly 8 months from today to earn his next contract. I'm sure Elway is very nervous about giving mega-millions to the guy in these photos:

I'd like to be positive, but I'm afraid I've seen this movie before....
Umm, they have him under contract for 2 more years, including this year and can tag him for 1-2 more years after that.

Not really.

A potentially long-term deal would have some clauses in it i'm sure.
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 10:07 PM   #21
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry
 
BowlenBall's Avatar
 
2014 -- This one's for Pat.

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 5,301

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeABoss5820 View Post
Umm, they have him under contract for 2 more years, including this year and can tag him for 1-2 more years after that.

Not really.

A potentially long-term deal would have some clauses in it i'm sure.
You're right -- he's now under contract for 2014 and 2015. My mistake.

Thank God -- that gives us 1 year and 8 months to see if this jackass can straighten out his life.
BowlenBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 10:19 PM   #22
orangenblue2
High-Priced Free Agent
 
orangenblue2's Avatar
 
It's a Miracle!!!

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Reality
Posts: 603
Default

Speaking only for myself...I'd absolutely love to have me some Suh on this team...dude is badass
orangenblue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 10:42 PM   #23
baja
Headmaster
 
baja's Avatar
 
The Fixer

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 60,673

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson
Default

Suh away
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 12:28 AM   #24
ZONA
Ring of Famer
 
ZONA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 10,546

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Sorry he tackles too hard Suh has donated millions of dollars to NU and just this year has gave his HS 250,000 dollars to help build a new school. Then there is the Ndamukong Suh Family Foundation has provided Detroit students with school supplies and college scholarships. What a scum bag.
Tackles too hard, yeah ok, that's what I was talking about. If you think stomping on players arms, and possible ending their career's after the play is over, is good player character, I'd hate to be your friend. Or how about kicking the QB in the groin on purpose. Or how about that cut block and almost ending another career, in which he got the maximum $100,000 fine.

You think because somebody that has millions to spare, donates some of it (probably for the tax write off) means they're a high character person. One word, Naive.


Last edited by ZONA; 05-02-2014 at 12:32 AM..
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 12:30 AM   #25
ZONA
Ring of Famer
 
ZONA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 10,546

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
So letting down your whole team because you can't say no to drugs is a better character trait then playing "too physical"?
Dude, get it through your thick F'n skull. Too physical has nothing to do with stomping on people and kicking them in the nuts. That's not called playing physical. Quit trying to play word games with it. It is what it is.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:07 AM.


Denver Broncos