The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2014, 10:49 PM   #51
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry

2014 -- This one's for Pat.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis

Quote:
Originally Posted by kupesdad View Post
[/IMG]

Since a 25 lb red or silver would be a world record... Silver's (coho) can get close to that but a big Red (sockeye) is anything over 12 lbs.

Attachment 34221
You are correct sir -- it's been 10 years since I've been back home, and even longer than that since my days on the slimeline at the local canneries. I think the fish just got bigger in my mind over the years....

How's Chris doing, by the way? Is he moving back North, or is he going to stick in Colorado? Sure will miss having an Alaskan on the Broncos to root for after all these years with Mark Schlereth, Jason Elam (an adopted Alaskan), and Kupe. Say hi to him from all of us on the Mane!
BowlenBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 10:52 PM   #52
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry

2014 -- This one's for Pat.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis

That's a rainbow? Holy mother of God is that a big one!
BowlenBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 06:07 PM   #53
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by delany View Post
Nope. Never been. Which is shocking as I have traveled extensively around the World and am passionate about fishing.

This will be a quick trip, as we are dropping off the 2 and 3 year old in SEA and have limited time.

Trying to decide how best to spend the fishing time. So many choices. I was leaning towards bringing our packrafts and hitting the Kenai River canyon area or similar. However could hit the Bay in a rental boat. Or do a charter out of Homer.

Any fishing must-do recommendations for first week of Aug?
Well, if you are limited in time, my recommendation would probably to use a guide if you want to fish the river. The reason is that you need to be efficient in your fishing, and a professional can do that for you. Probably a $100-200 a day. Worth it if your not familiar with the area.

At Homer, we always charter and are never disappointed. They know where to go and you will get your limit. Halibut only is usually about $225-250 a day, per person. A salmon/halibut combo is a little more. If you are in Seward, do the same.

If you want specific recommendations for charters, let me know. We usually use the same guys because they are good and don't disappoint.
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 12:12 AM   #54
Guess Who
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM

Looks like in retirement Kupe will get lots of picks of fish. Maybe he can post them here!!!
Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 10:50 AM   #55
kupesdad
Pro Bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowlenBall View Post
You are correct sir -- it's been 10 years since I've been back home, and even longer than that since my days on the slimeline at the local canneries. I think the fish just got bigger in my mind over the years....

How's Chris doing, by the way? Is he moving back North, or is he going to stick in Colorado? Sure will miss having an Alaskan on the Broncos to root for after all these years with Mark Schlereth, Jason Elam (an adopted Alaskan), and Kupe. Say hi to him from all of us on the Mane!
He is doing well. He will stay in CO. He has been doing some "drive time" stuff with 103.4 The Fan recently and did a pretty good job with it. He is also doing some coaching at Columbine. It's funny because 6 years ago I told him he should think about doing some broadcasting and/or coaching when he was done and he told me he didn't think he wanted to do that. It seems our fathers get smarter and smarter as time goes by....
kupesdad is offline   Reply With Quote