The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2014, 08:48 AM   #176
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk Monkey View Post
This, if 3/4 of the owners are leaning that way a sale would be made. It would never get to exclusion.
I do not think it will will get far, in terms of calling for the vote.
What I do believe will happen is that he will be admonished privately by other owners and he may be nudged in the direction of selling the team and more than likely to a group led by a minority.

With the information out there about his wife posing as a federal inspector to gain access to apartments to take stock of the number of ethnic or minority tenants in their apartment complex.

The PR nightmare of allowing the transfer of the team to his wife or a family member is too great to allow. Much the same goes for him being allowed to keep the team.
Even if it is not immediate you almost have to find a way to oust him from the NBA and find a suitable owner to take over.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 08:52 AM   #177
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem
Default an enlightening read.....

http://gawker.com/black-people-are-cowards-1568673014

"In light of the recent decision by a professional basketball team, comprised of mostly black players, to respond to their boss basically saying “I hate ****ers” by turning their shirts inside out the next day at work, I have come to the decision that I agree wholeheartedly with the owner of the Los Angeles Clippers, and I too do not want black people invited to my events"

"The most common excuse I’ve heard for today’s cowardice is “they need to feed their families,” which of course is a euphemism for “for the money.” You know, the blacks that sold other blacks into slavery, there’s a good chance they used some of that money to feed their families too. So, that makes them cool with all of y’all? Here’s a question, is there anything that we won’t do for money? Is getting paid an excuse for everything? It’s an excuse for looking the other way when innocent people are killed. It’s an excuse for supporting racism by trying to win a championship for an openly racist owner. With regard to hip hop and media it’s an excuse for purposefully, and most often deceitfully, representing yourself and your culture as pretty much scum who can only be validated by money"

"It’s almost as if people have forgotten that struggle includes struggling. You might have to lose your job. You might have to lose your life. That’s what it takes for change to happen. There’s no easy way to do this. If you’re scared to stand up for yourself, for whatever reason, all I ask is that you stop pretending. Stop with the Facebook posts. Stop with the meaningless conversations. Just stop. Be honest. About how you behave. About your part in all this madness. About what you are. A coward. Just a coward. No need to put on an act for the rest of us. We can all see right through each other."

Last edited by txtebow; 04-29-2014 at 08:56 AM..
txtebow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 09:07 AM   #178
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

good take by Kareem

http://time.com/#79732/donald-sterli...es-clippers-2/
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 09:08 AM   #179
swaiy
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtebow View Post

"In light of the recent decision by a professional basketball team, comprised of mostly black players, to respond to their boss basically saying “I hate ****ers” by turning their shirts inside out the next day at work, I have come to the decision that I agree wholeheartedly with the owner of the Los Angeles Clippers, and I too do not want black people invited to my events"

"The most common excuse I’ve heard for today’s cowardice is “they need to feed their families,” which of course is a euphemism for “for the money.” You know, the blacks that sold other blacks into slavery, there’s a good chance they used some of that money to feed their families too. So, that makes them cool with all of y’all? Here’s a question, is there anything that we won’t do for money? Is getting paid an excuse for everything? It’s an excuse for looking the other way when innocent people are killed. It’s an excuse for supporting racism by trying to win a championship for an openly racist owner. With regard to hip hop and media it’s an excuse for purposefully, and most often deceitfully, representing yourself and your culture as pretty much scum who can only be validated by money"

"It’s almost as if people have forgotten that struggle includes struggling. You might have to lose your job. You might have to lose your life. That’s what it takes for change to happen. There’s no easy way to do this. If you’re scared to stand up for yourself, for whatever reason, all I ask is that you stop pretending. Stop with the Facebook posts. Stop with the meaningless conversations. Just stop. Be honest. About how you behave. About your part in all this madness. About what you are. A coward. Just a coward. No need to put on an act for the rest of us. We can all see right through each other."
There's nothing enlightening about this.
swaiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 09:18 AM   #180
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

I agree with Roh, that he needs to stop trying to save this planet. wow txt, wow
Old 04-29-2014, 09:22 AM   #181
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtebow View Post

Oof, this article is just nonsense.
The process has to play itself out before any type of claims of this nature are made. This article is speculative, incendiary and narrow-minded.
You cannot punish the fans because of the owner. Those fans have been with you all season long and to bail on them to send a message would be foolish.

Now if the league does nothing but slap Sterling on the wrist then you may have to take dramatic steps.
Old 04-29-2014, 09:26 AM   #182
Guess Who
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
Oof, this article is just nonsense.
The process has to play itself out before any type of claims of this nature are made. This article is speculative, incendiary and narrow-minded.
You cannot punish the fans because of the owner. Those fans have been with you all season long and to bail on them to send a message would be foolish.

Now if the league does nothing but slap Sterling on the wrist then you may have to take dramatic steps.
I agree, the players need to play and try to win a Championship for them, their families and for L.A. Clipper fans. Quitting on your team does nothing, nothing at all.
Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 09:51 AM   #183
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess Who View Post
I agree, the players need to play and try to win a Championship for them, their families and for L.A. Clipper fans. Quitting on your team does nothing, nothing at all.
This situation is similar to when the NCAA or professional leagues punish the institution or fans and players more than the actual party who instigated the wrong doing.

Place whatever sanctions you with on the coaches, owners, GM's, trainers or whatever position that committed the violation.
Do not take that and place it upon the fans or players who did not.
The punishment often comes down harder on the innocents than the offending party.

The Clippers player's are doing their job, they are trying to win a championship and rightfully so. The owner is a idiot and yes the money made will line his pockets.

But you cannot justify essentially walking out on your duties and giving a huge middle finger to the fans.
Sterling is still going to get revenue sharing, playoff profits and etc regardless.
So striking would have very little impact. The potential statement would be next to nothing in comparison.
You do your job, you win a title and have Sterling banned to where he can have no part of the championship claim and it will say a lot more than simply walking out.
Old 04-29-2014, 10:13 AM   #184
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Speaking of Butts & Boob Mojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
Listen to this THROUGH if you want some truth...co-host for ESPN2 talk show.

That was really good!
Jason in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 10:15 AM   #185
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

People tend to ignore Bomani Jones because they feel he talks about racism too much or that he tends to personify a stereotypical columnist who wants clicks.
But he makes a lot of valid points that tend to be overshadowed by the perception of him.
Old 04-29-2014, 10:50 AM   #186
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Speaking of Butts & Boob Mojo

Bomani Jones really broke it down. This blowup over that recording is really nothing when comparing it to what Sterling has been doing with the housing discrimination. Jones rightly points out that nobody went nuts over that, but he says something about some pictures on instagram, and the entire sports world goes nuts. This story has dominated sports media for like four days now.

It's a good thing that Sterling is finally getting what was coming his way. But this should have happened back in 2006 when that lawsuit hit, not over some groupie putting photos on instagram.
Jason in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 11:02 AM   #187
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason in LA View Post
Bomani Jones really broke it down. This blowup over that recording is really nothing when comparing it to what Sterling has been doing with the housing discrimination. Jones rightly points out that nobody went nuts over that, but he says something about some pictures on instagram, and the entire sports world goes nuts. This story has dominated sports media for like four days now.

It's a good thing that Sterling is finally getting what was coming his way. But this should have happened back in 2006 when that lawsuit hit, not over some groupie putting photos on instagram.
just as kareem said as well.

Where was the outrage before? Stern deserves most the blame for allowing this man to continue owning after that debacle.
Old 04-29-2014, 11:05 AM   #188
NorthernistCaliforneeway7
Seasoned Veteran

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Easily the funniest outcome of this would be if all the white Clipper fans gave their playoff tickets to minorities. Heard Charles Barkley (I think it was him) say that last night.
NorthernistCaliforneeway7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 11:11 AM   #189
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaiy View Post
There's nothing enlightening about this.
you ain't down with the struggle my brotha'....
txtebow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 11:18 AM   #190
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Banned for life from the NBA.
Fined 2.5 million.
Trying to force a sale of the team.

Silver doesn't play.
Old 04-29-2014, 11:23 AM   #191
Seasoned Veteran

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Banned for life from the NBA.
Fined 2.5 million.
Trying to force a sale of the team.

Silver doesn't play.
DAMN
Old 04-29-2014, 11:27 AM   #192
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernistCaliforneeway7 View Post
DAMN
Silver looks like he is going to lose his ****. He is mad as hell.
His voice was literally shaking when he made the sanction known and his eyes looked like they were out for blood.
Old 04-29-2014, 11:29 AM   #193
Seasoned Veteran

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
His voice was literally shaking when he made the sanction known and his eyes looked like they were out for blood.
Cant wait to see the press conference went I get off of work.
Old 04-29-2014, 11:31 AM   #194
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Seems too much. First, they can't force him to sell the team. They can't ban him from the team he owns. This will be interesting. I think Stern would have handled this better. Oh well...burn in hell NBA.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 11:34 AM   #195
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Litigation is coming.

BRING BACK BUTCH
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 11:34 AM   #196
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Oh........yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
Seems too much. First, they can't force him to sell the team. They can't ban him from the team he owns. This will be interesting. I think Stern would have handled this better. Oh well...burn in hell NBA.
apparently they can
Someone said the other owners or some NBA board of directors can force the sale of the team with a 3/4s majority vote
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 11:36 AM   #197
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Litigation is coming.
Oh yeah.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 11:36 AM   #198
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Actually he can do all of that. It's in the bylaws.
It wasn't too much at all. A owner is held to a integrity level much the same as a player is(even more so as a owner).

The ban cannot be reversed as it is the purview of the commish and completely his decision. A owner purchases the team and it's rights so long as the owner adheres to the league rules.
His personal views becoming public violate those rules.
He can force him to sell the team as a provision in the bylaws allows him to bring a vote and he only needs 3/4 of the league to say yes and he has already publicly stated to the world he wants him out.

Stern would have done the same thing as he would have been forced to.
Old 04-29-2014, 11:38 AM   #199
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

As much of a piece of shyt this guy is and I'm in no way backing the asshat but doesn't freedom of speech come into play here
oubronco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 11:38 AM   #200
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
Stern's way of handling it: