The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2014, 04:23 AM   #51
Miss I.
Ring of Famer

1. Dude is a racist asshat. Geeze.
2. She set him up, the phone call sounds very staged to me. I would hazard a guess she was about to be dumped without getting her pay out for nailing a rich old man and wanted to burn him.
3. No sympathy for him by the way as far as what she did, that as just an observation.

That is overall just some messed up stuff, but he needs to sell the team and retire, but if you think he's the only racist in the bunch, I'd bet that's not true, but he's likely the most open about it. I imagine the others (NBA, NFL, etc) have better handlers to make sure that those opinions are kept as internal as possible. And oh yes, it did strike me more that he was jealous about the pictures then anything else, but that doesn't mean I don't think he's racist. And Magic Johnson did play for the rival LA franchise so actually I am curious if it had been anyone else if it would have illicited this reaction and I don't just mean Larry Bird or another white player, but if she's taken a picture with Michael Jordan would it have pissed him off as much? I'd imagine his racism still would've kicked in, but I can't help but think the fact that it was with an LA Laker also irritated him because it reminds him what a crappy team he has vs the team that gets all the glory and the players in LA.
Miss I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 05:55 AM   #52
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Unless it's some kind of hoax, this will finish him, no doubt. He'll be barred from league arenas, and the other owners will be forced to demand he sell the team.

In a way it's too bad. For 30 years he's owned the Clippers, and all along a king-sized inferiority complex to the Lakers. FINALLY NOW the Clippers are good - first two division titles ever - and come playoff time, he might not even be allowed in the arena.
BroncoBuff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 06:00 AM   #53
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

One owner is behind him:

Old 04-27-2014, 07:11 AM   #54
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Did I read these articles right? Is he saying it's ok for her to sleep with African American men but not to bring them to his games?

Dude has always been a scum bag. This just heightens the awareness.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 07:18 AM   #55
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
That's some high quality pu$$y
Expensive ass p***Y according to his future ex-wife.
Spent 2.54 mil on her in cars, housing and upkeep.
For 2.54 mil that b**** better be high quality.
Old 04-27-2014, 07:32 AM   #56
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

If Sterling was a republican, then this would have also been mentioned. But since he is a donor to democrats and supports Obama, then his political affiliation won't be mentioned and the hope is most people won't know. Basically, he's your typical wealthy democrat who says he cares about minorities, but only to a point. The Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi, John Kerry, etc. types. But they feel oh so good whenever they think they've done something to help. They still see the world in black and white despite telling others you shouldn't do that.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 07:36 AM   #57
HILife
Ring of Famer

Mrs. Alicia Hilife

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
I don't know maybe it has. Stern fixed the games like WWF, so I stopped watching after I knew the refs were manipulating games.

Hopefully Silver is different.

Anybody who is a racist is a moron. I laugh at them all. Basically they're just ignorant, and you can't fix stupid. Don't let it affect you man. Positive vibes no matter what. There is no future on this earth for people who are racists. They are all becoming extinct, no matter what color. It's just a matter of time.
very true.
HILife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 07:52 AM   #58
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin

Damn CRACKERS are all the same.
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 07:53 AM   #59
HILife
Ring of Famer

Mrs. Alicia Hilife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Definitely something to that. He's Jewish. I know there has been some history of Jews and Black people not getting along, but these actions seem more like that kind of crazy that only gets brewed when you give someone a billion dollars and drug use for several decades.
I didn't know that.
Old 04-27-2014, 08:15 AM   #60
Shananahan
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
If Sterling was a republican, then this would have also been mentioned. But since he is a donor to democrats and supports Obama, then his political affiliation won't be mentioned and the hope is most people won't know. Basically, he's your typical wealthy democrat who says he cares about minorities, but only to a point. The Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi, John Kerry, etc. types. But they feel oh so good whenever they think they've done something to help. They still see the world in black and white despite telling others you shouldn't do that.
I love you, barryr.
Shananahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 08:21 AM   #61
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

As a defense attorney and born defender of the underdog, I believe he might have a defense for the worst part of the statement (though even if it works he might lose anyway).

Specifically, the quote string:

Quote:
"You can sleep with them, bring them in ... just don't bring them to my games." (at 4:45 of the full TMZ tape)

Sounds to me - objectively - that he is saying "him" not "them." He may defend it by claiming he was referring to Magic Johnson, which could make sense.

In my words: "They had their moments, plenty of them. Now it's our turn - the Clippers' moment. I just don't want the TV cameras focusing on Magic Johnson during the biggest games the Clippers have ever played."

Incidentally, the full tape runs 9-plus minutes, and is very interesting. In context things sound different - sometimes worse, sometimes better. He seems less like a racist, and more like a sexist asshat.
Old 04-27-2014, 08:21 AM   #62
Shananahan
Custom User Title

I couldn't care less about this as some kind of national, sensational, talk-worthy thing. Somebody somewhere still has racist tendencies? Pardon me while I recover from the shock.

The call was definitely staged and constructed to destroy him and he definitely allowed it to do just that, but I honestly can't help but feel like some of the comments are being taken out of context and differently than he intended. I only listened to this once, yesterday morning, out of total boredom, but it seemed to me like he was more concerned with black people being in the arena with her, not black people just being in the arena. I don't think he said at any point that he doesn't want black people at his games, did he? Of course, any time you express any sort of racist opinion these days you might as well just set yourself on fire with the way the media will run away with it. I don't think his comments deserve defending, but I got the impression that it was a relationship-based racist plea rather than a sweeping statement of his feelings about black people. Whatever, though.
Old 04-27-2014, 08:27 AM   #63
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post
I couldn't care less about this as some kind of national, sensational, talk-worthy thing. Somebody somewhere still has racist tendencies? Pardon me while I recover from the shock.

The call was definitely staged and constructed to destroy him and he definitely allowed it to do just that, but I honestly can't help but feel like some of the comments are being taken out of context and differently than he intended. I only listened to this once, yesterday morning, out of total boredom, but it seemed to me like he was more concerned with black people being in the arena with her, not black people just being in the arena. I don't think he said at any point that he doesn't want black people at his games, did he? Of course, any time you express any sort of racist opinion these days you might as well just set yourself on fire with the way the media will run away with it. I don't think his comments deserve defending, but I got the impression that it was a relationship-based racist plea rather than a sweeping statement of his feelings about black people. Whatever, though.
Umm no. He specifically said not to bring them to games. Anything else was fine. Outside of posting pictures with them on instagram.
Nothing was taken out of context.
Old 04-27-2014, 09:21 AM   #64
HILife
Ring of Famer

Mrs. Alicia Hilife

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
and that's why you are on ignore. Well, that amongst other things.
Old 04-27-2014, 09:22 AM   #65
HILife
Ring of Famer

Mrs. Alicia Hilife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post

lol whatever
Old 04-27-2014, 09:33 AM   #66
Shananahan
Custom User Title

Oh am I not allowed to just muse about a guy being racist without becoming a racist myself?
Old 04-27-2014, 10:36 AM   #67
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by HILife View Post
and that's why you are on ignore. Well, that amongst other things.
As you respond to me Too bad, but there really are racist democrats. I know that comes as a shock to you since liberal websites never admit any of that.
Old 04-27-2014, 10:43 AM   #68
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Sterling has been known for years as being a moron because of how poorly run the Clippers were fun for years. Whether he is a full blown racist, I don't know. I look at what happened with Elgin Baylor. He seems to think Sterling is racist, yet wasn't Baylor the GM for like 20 years? He didn't know for 20 years? He knew, but didn't care until he got fired? He knew, but wanted the job that badly and just accepted it? Is this more proof as long as you donate to democrats, you can be as racist as you want? I think so.
Old 04-27-2014, 10:47 AM   #69
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Speaking of Butts & Boob Mojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by HILife View Post
I'm sure you will see a change from him REAL quickly, once his profits start taking a hit. That stadium is about to get a lot lighter.
It will be interesting to see how people react out here. My cousin works in the sales department with the Clippers. His first few years he barely made anything and he really had to hustle to make some decent money. But the last two years, it's been easy money. It's been so easy that I wouldn't be shocked if the Clippers were planning to get rid of most of the sales department. To my knowledge, the Lakers don't have a large sales department because they don't need one, which is one reason why they gave Kobe so much money. Even if the team isn't a contender, they'll still sellout with him on the court. Well, with the Clippers, they might as well keep that sales staff now, because it will be hard for them to sell tickets now. It will also be interesting to see if the black folks who work there stay there long term. I know a couple black folks who work in the front office.

LA fans have sort of staged a boycott once, against Frank McCourt during his final year of owning the Dodgers. The Dodgers are typically in the top five in attendance, but that year they dropped way down because people stopped showing up to games. I believe the attendance is back to where it typically is since the team was sold.
Jason in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 11:03 AM   #70
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdawg26 View Post
WTF. Sterling seems like a weird dude. He seems worst than Ursay!
I worked for a company where the owner was a really weird guy. Really eccentric. Almost clownish at times. It was like he was living in a different world. But I heard that the guy is work a good $80 million. It was kind of hard to figure out because the company that I worked for, he hired a number of his family members and put them in key positions that they were not qualified for, and it was extremely dysfunctional. But he owned a few other businesses, which I'm assuming were not run in the same fashion, and he owns a lot of commercial property.

After hearing the tape of Sterling and reading other comments, he seems a lot like my former employer.
Old 04-27-2014, 11:05 AM   #71
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess Who View Post
Why do I think Sterling will see the team for $600 million to the Seattle group?
And move them? Please! The Clippers have embarrassed Los Angeles for three decades.
Old 04-27-2014, 11:12 AM   #72
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason in LA View Post
And move them? Please! The Clippers have embarrassed Los Angeles for three decades.
Do the Clippers still have "sloppy thirds" for home games, that is, are they still limited to what's left after the Lakers and Kings reserve Staples dates for their games?
Old 04-27-2014, 11:14 AM   #73
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Makes sense why this woman would do this. The gold digging probably was going to run dry.

Wife Of Clippers Owner Sues Woman She Alleges Had Affair With Her Husband

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2014/...h-her-husband/

The suit filed by Rochelle Sterling also alleged that the woman, identified in court documents only as V. Stiviano, was also given lavish gifts by Donald Sterling, including property and cash.
Rochelle Sterling accuses Stiviano as being the type of woman who “engages in conduct designed to target, befriend, seduce and then … receives as gifts transfers of wealth from older men whom she targets for such purposes.”
According to the suit, Stiviano has several aliases, including Vanessa Perez, Monica Gallegos and Maria Valdez.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 11:17 AM   #74
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Definitely something to that. He's Jewish. I know there has been some history of Jews and Black people not getting along, but these actions seem more like that kind of crazy that only gets brewed when you give someone a billion dollars and drug use for several decades.
And what does that have to do with anything?
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 11:17 AM   #75
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

I knew a Monica Gallegos ...