The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2014, 03:31 PM   #26
bombay
Ring of Famer

I'll be really surprised if Silver doesn't try to force him out.
bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 05:01 PM   #27
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason in LA View Post
This is just more evidence for what we already knew. This really makes a strong opinion about him become a fact.

But I do think that it is really dirty of this woman to record the conversation and I'm pretty sure that she released it. It appeared that the conversation was the end of their relationship. I'm sure that she got paid pretty well for that tape. That's pretty low.
It's illegal in CA to record someone without their knowledge in a private conversation.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 05:02 PM   #28
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

He is an idiot, and obviously classless. Good luck getting anyone with talent to ever play for your team again. Throw enough money at someone and they will, but the amount he has to overpay players to join this ****ty franchise just skyrocketed.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 05:05 PM   #29
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
It's illegal in CA to record someone without their knowledge in a private conversation.
Yes, but this was released into the court of public opinion, not a court of law. While she is liable for damages, it's not going to forgotten. I don't have any sympathy for him though and in no way view him as a victim.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 05:06 PM   #30
swaiy
Perennial Pro-bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

His b**** bad though.
swaiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 06:09 PM   #31
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem

If I was African American I could not work for this man. This man has no place in the NBA....let him go own a team in Tel Aviv......Donald "sterling"......The Clippers players should boycott the rest of the series against the Warriors and cause Sterling to be the subject of lawsuits by fans and the owner of the GS Warriors......Donald Sterling is a STEREOTYPE of the worst kind.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg adler.jpg (7.6 KB, 261 views)

Last edited by txtebow; 04-26-2014 at 06:12 PM..
txtebow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 06:09 PM   #32
Punisher
® Kiss the shoes!

We run the AFC WOOOOOOO!®

Adopt-a-Bronco:
I4jelway7 = God

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaiy View Post
His b**** bad though.
That's some high quality pu$$y
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 06:12 PM   #33
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
That's some high quality pu$$y
She has splotchy skin on her A$$....
txtebow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 06:13 PM   #34
Maleficent
Get well soon, Angie

Unbroken 12/25

Quote:
“[My wife] and I will never go to a Clippers game again as long as Donald Sterling is the owner.
I feel sorry for my friends Coach Doc Rivers and Chris Paul that they have to work for a man that feels that way about African-Americans. … Sterling’s comments about African-Americans are a black eye for the NBA.”
Maleficent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 06:21 PM   #35
Maleficent
Get well soon, Angie

Unbroken 12/25

Reports of inappropriate behavior by Sterling towards his players have also come to light. For example, Baylor alleged in his lawsuit that Sterling would visit the locker room while players were showering, according to ESPN.com.
Players Sam Cassell, Elton Brand and Corey Maggette complained to me that Donald Sterling would bring women into the locker room after games, while the players were showering, and make comments such as, ‘Look at those beautiful black bodies.’

I brought this to Sterling’s attention, but he continued to bring women into the locker room.”

http://nba.si.com/2014/04/26/donald-...ents-clippers/

Maleficent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 06:28 PM   #36
orange skier
Who is Josh McDaniels ?

Protect "The Neck"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Alex Gibbs

Yep: proof positive we evolved from baboons.
orange skier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 06:29 PM   #37
Punisher
® Kiss the shoes!

We run the AFC WOOOOOOO!®

Adopt-a-Bronco:
I4jelway7 = God

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtebow View Post
She has splotchy skin on her A$$....
I'll drink her bath water
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 06:47 PM   #38
Action
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Nothing new - just a big deal since this is a public ordeal now - but let's not act like the old money elite's aren't similar.

If you were born in the 1930's, it was the correct and accepted thing to do to look down on black people and minorities. Kind of hard to change when it's instilled in your brain for that long - AND you have so much money that doesn't force or require you to change.
Action is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 07:05 PM   #39
HILife
Ring of Famer

Mrs. Alicia Hilife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
Nothing new - just a big deal since this is a public ordeal now - but let's not act like the old money elite's aren't similar.

If you were born in the 1930's, it was the correct and accepted thing to do to look down on black people and minorities. Kind of hard to change when it's instilled in your brain for that long - AND you have so much money that doesn't force or require you to change.
I'm sure you will see a change from him REAL quickly, once his profits start taking a hit. That stadium is about to get a lot lighter.
HILife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 07:22 PM   #40
Action
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
Originally Posted by HILife View Post
I'm sure you will see a change from him REAL quickly, once his profits start taking a hit. That stadium is about to get a lot lighter.
Not sure what he can do at this point - being his age - I doubt there's much he can do to save his image even with all the money he has.

He can do what he wants to save face publically - but behind the scenes don't think employees, basketball players, coaches are going to way to be under his payroll.

Sucks for the coaches, players and employees to be honest...they worked real hard and all their lives to achieve their dreams only to be under this ****er.

*que the, omg must be nice to be making that much money as a player people*
Old 04-26-2014, 07:44 PM   #41
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by HILife View Post
Haven't the NBA ratings been going up? Or at least that's what I thought I heard.
I don't know maybe it has. Stern fixed the games like WWF, so I stopped watching after I knew the refs were manipulating games.

Hopefully Silver is different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggcow View Post
Meh, I get treated like **** by other races every day at work because I'm white. I don't get why it's some huge story when a white person does something like that, yet it's not when someone else does.
Anybody who is a racist is a moron. I laugh at them all. Basically they're just ignorant, and you can't fix stupid. Don't let it affect you man. Positive vibes no matter what. There is no future on this earth for people who are racists. They are all becoming extinct, no matter what color. It's just a matter of time.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 08:04 PM   #42
Flacko
UDFA

Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Roby

I bet he dresses like Colonel Sanders in his free time. Seriously tho, he has a lot of issues.
Flacko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 08:09 PM   #43
Bigdawg26
Ring of Famer

Just let it happen!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maleficent View Post
Reports of inappropriate behavior by Sterling towards his players have also come to light. For example, Baylor alleged in his lawsuit that Sterling would visit the locker room while players were showering, according to ESPN.com.
Players Sam Cassell, Elton Brand and Corey Maggette complained to me that Donald Sterling would bring women into the locker room after games, while the players were showering, and make comments such as, ‘Look at those beautiful black bodies.’

I brought this to Sterling’s attention, but he continued to bring women into the locker room.”

http://nba.si.com/2014/04/26/donald-...ents-clippers/

WTF. Sterling seems like a weird dude. He seems worst than Ursay!
Bigdawg26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 08:23 PM   #44
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

12 straight road division wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdawg26 View Post
WTF. Sterling seems like a weird dude. He seems worst than Ursay!
Definitely something to that. He's Jewish. I know there has been some history of Jews and Black people not getting along, but these actions seem more like that kind of crazy that only gets brewed when you give someone a billion dollars and drug use for several decades.

Last edited by Kaylore; 04-26-2014 at 08:34 PM..
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 08:32 PM   #45
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

This guy is a ****in headcase. He's not only a racist POS, but he's twisted as well. The sooner the reaper takes this tool the better the world will be.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 08:40 PM   #46
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Meh, I get treated like **** by other races every day at work because I'm white. I don't get why it's some huge story when a white person does something like that, yet it's not when someone else does.
Seriously, you don't get why it's a huge story and yours isn't? Uh, maybe because he's a billionaire and the owner of a huge sports franchise and he has a great deal of black employees. Obviously there is still racism everywhere and it goes all different ways, but if you can't figure out why this is a bigger story then most, can't help you there.

And let's be real here for a second can we. For every 1 black person that is racist against whites, there's like 100 whites racist against blacks, maybe 1000 actually, maybe even more. That's another reason why this is a story and yours is not.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 10:21 PM   #47
bombay
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post

Correct?

Huh.
bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 10:30 PM   #48
Guess Who
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM

Why do I think Sterling will see the team for $600 million to the Seattle group?
Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 11:31 PM   #49
Action
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombay View Post
Correct?

Huh.
Yes - based on that time period - it was the correct thing to do from the societal viewpoint.
Old 04-27-2014, 12:36 AM   #50
Guess Who
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM

Quote:
The guy can say whatever he wants: it is a free county: it is his opinion. Of course NBA fans have the right to protest him and not buy his product. That is their right.

Nobody says you cannot say whatever you want but if you are also trying to sell people something, well they have the right to protest you and boycott your product.
Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote