The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2014, 01:41 PM   #126
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
I think the Broncos have 7 open spots on their roster.

1. Starting Nickel LB (nobody on the roster)
2. 3LCB, and 3RCB (only 4 CB's on the roster, remember Bolden moved to Safety)
3. 3RDE (if Quant Smith can't come back from injury)
4. LB Reserve (unless you think Brandon Marshall or Lerentee McCray are good enough to fill that role if Trev is hurt)
5. 5WR (probably need someone who can replace Welker next year)
6. At least one more OL reserve (who could replace Franklin next year)
7. another RB
Ummmm. He was put on IR but he didn't re-injury his knee.
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 01:58 PM   #127
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeABoss5820 View Post
Easley wont be there when we pick, and unless Dennard shoots someone before the draft, he wont be there either.

Hell, Easley may not be there when we pick at 31.
This is why I am hating this longer wait for the draft. Those wtf decisions won't be as prevalent now because teams have gone over and over their draft boards putting it all in order. Guys who would be overlooked towards the end of the first are going to get snapped up.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 02:06 PM   #128
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun View Post
He injured his knee in 2012, and looked horrible in 2013. Who knows if he'll ever be able to make the roster. Even he makes it, there are 7 other roster spots the Broncos need to fill.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 02:12 PM   #129
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
He injured his knee in 2012, and looked horrible in 2013. Who knows if he'll ever be able to make the roster. Even he makes it, there are 7 other roster spots the Broncos need to fill.
He hurt his knee November 17 of 2012. Way to make it sound like he had a whole year to recover in time for camp instead of a few months.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 02:29 PM   #130
crush17
orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thanks Champ!

Looked horrible? Jeeez. A rookie coming off an ACL within 8 months. Some people take this **** way too serious.
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 02:32 PM   #131
BMORE
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Why did he look horrible in 2013?

We drafted him knowing that he might redshirt year one.

My draft pick will be a stud, you'll see.
BMORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 02:33 PM   #132
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
He hurt his knee November 17 of 2012. Way to make it sound like he had a whole year to recover in time for camp instead of a few months.
Yes, November 2012. And looked bad last August.

My post referenced another poster who said the Broncos don't have any roster spots to fill. They have about 7 by my calculations, and it definitely wouldn't hurt for then to add another pass-rusher. Unless you're disputing that, I don't see the point of your post.
Old 05-02-2014, 02:35 PM   #133
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMORE View Post

Nobody cares Bmore. I'm not disparaging Smith. He's an unknown. The point is, the Broncos are probably hoping that all 7 of their draft picks make the roster. Its not like they can afford to mortgage half their draft to trade up for Mosley, as another poster suggested.
Old 05-02-2014, 02:36 PM   #134
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Yes, November 2012. And looked bad last August.

My post referenced another poster who said the Broncos don't have any roster spots to fill. They have about 7 by my calculations, and it definitely wouldn't hurt for then to add another pass-rusher. Unless you're disputing that, I don't see the point of your post.
I think the other posters that thought your post was ridiculous answered the question for me.
Old 05-02-2014, 02:46 PM   #135
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
I think the other posters that thought your post was ridiculous answered the question for me.
Price: The Broncos have a lot of roster spots to fill in the draft.
DB4L: Oh my god, you said Quant Smith was injured in 2012!
Price: You kinda missed the point dude. Lay off the sugar smacks.
Old 05-02-2014, 02:51 PM   #136
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Price: The Broncos have a lot of roster spots to fill in the draft.
DB4L: Oh my god, you said Quant Smith was injured in 2012!
Price: You kinda missed the point dude. Lay off the sugar smacks.
Price: Smith hurt his knee in 2012 and looked like **** in 2013
DB4life: Points out to price that Smith hurt his knee LATE 2012 and wasn't fully recovered from knee injury. Which should be common sense due to the time frame of the injury vs camp.
Price: Rambles about a bunch of other **** not related to the quote that DB4life commented on.
Old 05-02-2014, 02:58 PM   #137
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
I think the Broncos have 7 open spots on their roster.
3. 3RDE (if Quant Smith can't come back from injury)
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by crush17 View Post
Looked horrible? Jeeez. A rookie coming off an ACL within 8 months. Some people take this **** way too serious.
Quote:

Everyone of those responses is to point 3. Nothing else matters.
Old 05-02-2014, 03:05 PM   #138
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Price: Smith hurt his knee in 2012 and looked like **** in 2013
DB4life: Points out to price that Smith hurt his knee LATE 2012 and wasn't fully recovered from knee injury. Which should be common sense due to the time frame of the injury vs camp.
Price: Rambles about a bunch of other **** not related to the quote that DB4life commented on.
Price: Broncos need to fill 7 roster spots
DB4L: Q Smith didn't get hurt in 2012, he got hurt in 2012!!
Price: Yeah that's what I said.
DB4L: B-b-but you said he looked bad!!
Price: Yeah, he did.
DB4L: ....brain short-circuits...
Old 05-02-2014, 03:05 PM   #139
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Stolen from NFL Countdown

“Roll the Dice” – Charles Bukowski

To place everything you have on a game of pitch and toss is to participate in the premier league draft. It must be acknowledge the evaluation is flawed and therefore cannot pretend to be a science, but that does not mean it has to be an ideology, in which consensus opinions hinder acute analysis. The evaluation is one of discerning the dream from the reality. It is truly an enlightening process in which you must still gamble on a complex organism.

1. Johnny Manziel – Texas A&M – Has been blessed with the embrodied clothes of the heavens. Absolutely Unconventional, anarchy at the quarters spot, truly proficient in his game, hubris is of no issue.

2. Kyle Van Noy – BYU – As a BYU Alumni I reiterate one of Blawberts classic one liners, Abstinence U produces violent celibate athletes.

3. Pierre Desir – Lindenwood – Revolutionary abuse of the slot to push Wes Welker types out of the premier league.

4. Ryan Groy – Wisconsin – Road Grader posture enables him to excel in trench warfare.

5. Greg Robinson – Auburn – Morbidly Violent Obesity who unlike the conventional private dancer is not soft.

6. Jadeveon Clowney – South Carolina – By the laws set forth by the “De Rerum Natura”, you must not fear the Gods for an even worse fate awaits. Clowney must find his motivation or he will self-destruct.

7. Sammy Watkins – Clemson – This List appreciates a player that can cut the back ass off the secondary. Total Assymetrical Warfare.

8. Jeff Janis – Saginaw Valley St – Perfect triangular numbers. Appraisal of this specimen is one of approval.

9. Aaron Donald – Pittsburgh – Top Shelf Whiskey, Plastic Bottle. Plato’s Allegory of enlightenment.

10. Khalil Mack – Buffalo – Terror in the form of an H.P Lovecraft apparition. Rich man’s money, Poor boys Dreams.

11. Bo Lokombo – Oregon – From the existential platform knows the meaning of life. Will have a job for 7 years.

12. Kony Ealy – Missouri – Suspected relation to Joseph Kony, pending DNA results.

13. Justin Gilbert – Oklahoma State – Computer Numbers were proven accept the null hypothesis.

14. Jimmie Ward – Northern Illinois – Pure intelligent grind. I shake the hand of the man who drafts him.

15. Marqise Lee – USC – Nihlists put their chips on this horse.

16. Joel Bitonio – Nevada – Soboleski told me to draft this man, I trust any prole with that last name.

17. Derek Carr – Fresno State – Bizarre Specimen at the quarters position, of whose progenitor was an absolute failure. This list suspects he was adopted.

18. Mike Evans – Texas A&M – The Ebony construction of Jimmy Graham. Enigmatic playmaking ability.

19. Tre Mason – Auburn – Magnificently underwhelming 4.0 yards a carry but practically sufficient for the premier league. Is one of several illegitimate children of Travis Henry scattered across the nation.

20. Will Sutton – Arizona State – One of Lovecrafts Grotesque penguins who is a horror on the interior. Blawberts Projected steal of the draft.

21. Ryan Shazier- Ohio St – In a league of aberrations of life, he is considered an outlier. Plays with the cold blood of the W.B Yeats poem, “The second coming”.

22. Marqueston Huff – Wyoming – Propaganda machines being non-existent in Wyoming, computer numbers were received by pigeon carrier. They were everything they were hoped to be.

23. Tyler Larsen – Utah St – Violent Brawler with light feet and iron fists.

24. C.J Fiedorowicz – Iowa – The name comes from a lineage of proletariats.

25. Andre Williams – Boston College – Very intriguing prospect despite playing a valueless position.

26. Jake Matthews – Texas A&M – Ancestral linkage can only be described as infallible.

27. Darqueze Dennard – Michigan State – Accusations of child bearing hips proven true yet his ability to turn is revolutionary.

28. Jordan Tripp – Montana – Exhibits the prole lifestyle of George Orwells “Boxer”. Belichick steals him in the 5th.

29. Dee Ford – Auburn – Jack Rabbit off the edge.

30. Anthony Barr – UCLA – A true chess piece on the defense. Run and Chase.

31. Dri Archer – Kent St – You all know why hes on this list.

32. Colt Lyerla – Oregon – Offensive Utility Knife with a self-fulfilled prophecy to play with the magic 8 ball. Will play for 5 teams in 8 years.

33. Donte Moncrief – Ole Miss – Can run in straight lines and is tall.

* Teddy Bridgewater – Louisville – Coward that fails in both Quantitative and Qualitative Analysis. Reminiscent of Matt Barkley.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 03:09 PM   #140
pricejj
jungle

I'd actually put drafting another pass-rusher low on the list of priorities. But it remains an option nonetheless. Not sure who in their right mind would question that.
Old 05-02-2014, 03:11 PM   #141
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Price: Broncos need to fill 7 roster spots
DB4L: Q Smith didn't get hurt in 2012, he got hurt in 2012!!
Price: Yeah that's what I said.
DB4L: B-b-but you said he looked bad!!
Price: Yeah, he did.
DB4L: ....brain short-circuits...
No one cares a damn thing about your 7 roster spots to fill The comments are about your take on Smith. He quoted and commented on that one take lol. As I said the first time, you made it sound like he had more then enough time to recover from his injury and two other posters pointed out the same ****ing thing.
Old 05-02-2014, 03:21 PM   #142
ColoradoBuff
Ring of Famer

In Manning We Trust......

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Dawkins

Quote:
Nobody cares Bmore. I'm not disparaging Smith. He's an unknown. The point is, the Broncos are probably hoping that all 7 of their draft picks make the roster. Its not like they can afford to mortgage half their draft to trade up for Mosley, as another poster suggested.
I care....so shut your pie hole!
ColoradoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 03:25 PM   #143
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
I'd actually put drafting another pass-rusher low on the list of priorities. But it remains an option nonetheless. Not sure who in their right mind would question that.
Why does it have to be low? I would be happy to land anyone that can get after the QB in the first round.
Old 05-02-2014, 03:40 PM   #144
yerner
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Not sure if serious?
Not this year, but I think Carey is a better player than Montee. That said, whoever gets the reps will be productive enough and be hard to supplant just by playing in this offense.
yerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 04:12 PM   #145
BMORE
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I don't advocate trading our entire draft for Mosley either.

Funny when we drafted him, you were like "you rock BMORE" because I nailed the player we took. But he will be a stud, or I will eat my words!
Old 05-02-2014, 04:14 PM   #146
BMORE
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Why does it have to be low? I would be happy to land anyone that can get after the QB in the first round.
Where does that pass rusher fit on the roster?
Old 05-02-2014, 04:16 PM   #147
BMORE
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerner View Post
Not this year, but I think Carey is a better player than Montee. That said, whoever gets the reps will be productive enough and be hard to supplant just by playing in this offense.
Fair enough, but given the complexity of the PFM language, I see any rookie struggling.

That's why I am beyond impressed with Ball, to end the season the way he did. Everyone talks up Lacey, but he was in a PFM offense, he's in the spread em out and air it out Packers offense. Ball will be better than Lacey.
Old 05-02-2014, 04:16 PM   #148
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Where does that pass rusher fit on the roster?
You keep asking this question and it is pretty obvious.
Old 05-02-2014, 04:20 PM   #149
BMORE
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
You keep asking this question and it is pretty obvious.
As a back-up. So your gonna draft a first round pass rusher, to be a second string back-up, who if lucky gets rotational snaps, IF.. there's an injury.

Ware, Q
Malik, Wolfe (Von on passing downs)

I'm not saying we don't take a DE, and that it's ever a bad idea to add a pass rusher, but in the first round, we are probably reaching on one from the second. That's not good value..
Old 05-02-2014, 04:22 PM   #150
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

I don't think we will do it in the first round, but I can certainly see a pass rusher added somewhere in 2-4.

Hall Davis and John Youboty are 2 of our six ends on the roster.

Ware should be fine, Malik should keep progressing. Starters = fine.

Injury and health concerns over the other two, but I am hopeful. (Smith and Wolfe -- a lot of potential.)

Pick up a legitimate pass rusher and kick Hall Davis (who is that) and Johnny YouTube to the curb.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: