The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2014, 08:48 PM   #26
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Nobody wants to be the "guy who didn't get picked" focus of ESPN cameras.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 12:39 AM   #27
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post
I am freaking stunned Cody Latimer is on that list. I have plenty of peeps at IU and the story I got on him was not pleasant, stunned anyone thinks he is a top 10 WR in this draft.

I am a little surprised Jordan Matthews is going too.
Not surprised about Matthews. I think a team takes him late round 1 or early round 2.
Latimer is perplexing to me. He screams 3rd or 4th round pick but people seem to love him and have him pegged for round 2.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 01:12 AM   #28
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry

2014 -- This one's for Pat.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Nobody wants to be the "guy who didn't get picked" focus of ESPN cameras.
BowlenBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 01:13 AM   #29
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis

Latimer?

WTF?
Old 04-23-2014, 05:53 AM   #30
phibacka31
Ring of Famer

Leggo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowlenBall View Post
Latimer?

WTF?
phibacka31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 05:58 AM   #31
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis

Quote:
Originally Posted by phibacka31 View Post
If Latimer goes in the first, we're gonna have to change the meme from "Med called it..." to "Phi called it..."
Old 04-23-2014, 07:43 AM   #32
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

We sometimes should be reminded what the experts say:

Positives: Good height to see the field. Very poised and composed. Smart and alert. Can read coverages. Good accuracy and touch. Produces in big spots and in big games. Has some Brian Griese in him and is a gamer. Generally plays within himself. Team leader.

Negatives: Poor build. Very skinny and narrow. Ended the '99 season weighing 195 pounds and still looks like a rail at 211. Looks a little frail and lacks great physical stature and strength. Can get pushed down more easily than you'd like. Lacks mobility and ability to avoid the rush. Lacks a really strong arm. Can't drive the ball down the field and does not throw a really tight spiral. System-type player who can get exposed if he must ad-lib and do things on his own.

Summary: Is not what you're looking for in terms of physical stature, strength, arm strength and mobility, but he has the intangibles and production and showed great Griese-like improvement as a senior. Could make it in the right system but will not be for everyone.

(Tom Brady)
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 08:28 AM   #33
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

Im just surprised 30 guys are going. How many from that list have to wait til day 2 to get drafted? MY guess is 4.
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 10:51 AM   #34
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Moses, Latimer, Ealy, Garoppolo are the 4 that may not go in round 1. If everything goes in accordance with most mock drafts and a rankings.

With that said. I have said it before and I will say it again.
I think some team or teams will panic, overrate or over draft a few players in the first.
There will definitely be a complete WTF pick like a Ponder,Irvin or Manuel.
After that I think there will be 1-2 more guys that had a 2nd or 3rd round grade that go in the first.
Old 04-23-2014, 03:59 PM   #35
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

Multiple Teams Have Dee Ford as a Day-Two Prospect

Updated April 23, 2014
By Charlie Campbell - @draftcampbell

After a good finish to the 2013 season and a strong performance at the Senior Bowl, Dee Ford was projected to be a first-round prospect in the 2014 NFL Draft. We initially heard from one team that said Ford graded out as a late second-round pick, but they thought it was possible that a team that likes him enough would draft him in the first round. We've reached out to more teams, and we've discovered that Ford has universally graded out as a second-rounder.

Teams like Ford's pass-rush ability and his pure speed off the edge. Ford gave the Senior Bowl offensive tackles a lot of fits with his get off and speed to turn the corner. However, there are a number of issues that cause Ford to be graded out as a second-round pick.

The 6-foot-2, 243-pounder is too small to remain at defensive end and will have to move outside linebacker in either a 4-3 or a 3-4 defense. Ford isn't much of a run defender either, as he had only 29 tackles as a senior. Aside from the concerns about Ford's size and position change is a back injury that forced him to sit out the Combine, although the injury was from 2011 and he was medically cleared later.

Considering the need for pass-rushers, Ford should be selected in the second round. There are many landing spots for Ford atop Round 2, including Jacksonville, Atlanta, Tampa Bay, Detroit, Minnesota, Tennessee, Pittsburgh and Dallas. While Ford isn't viewed as an every-down player, he could make an impact as a rookie in a role as a situational pass-rusher. However, teams aren't viewing Ford as an option in the first round.

from the ol-unreliable, but I enjoy their takes walterfootball.com
Old 04-24-2014, 12:48 AM   #36
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Ford is too small for Denver. We should go big at the DE and DT spot to make up for our small WSL and most likely MLB. I'd draft Ealy bottom of the first even if he may not be a total stud. He's got good size and some good sack numbers.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 01:53 AM   #37
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie mac View Post

Queue multiple look-ins on Bridgewater looking first hopeful, then perplexed, then stressed, then pissed off, and finally dejected.

He very well could be this years Geno Smith.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 02:00 AM   #38
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
Queue multiple look-ins on Bridgewater looking first hopeful, then perplexed, then stressed, then pissed off, and finally dejected.

He very well could be this years Geno Smith.
The thing that will be really bad is if the rumors of teams seeing him as a 3rd-4th round pick are true and he is there on day 3
Old 04-24-2014, 02:05 AM   #39
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
The thing that will be really bad is if the rumors of teams seeing him as a 3rd-4th round pick are true and he is there on day 3
No way he lasts to the fourth. People will perceive value and jump late in round 2 and blow a pick on a 4th round talent. It's the QB desperation mentality.
Old 04-24-2014, 02:13 AM   #40
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
No way he lasts to the fourth. People will perceive value and jump late in round 2 and blow a pick on a 4th round talent. It's the QB desperation mentality.
True. Just the evil instigator side of me that would love to see that happen. I remember the Brady Quinn draft just laughing my ass off as pick after pick happened and he got sadder and sadder. After pick 10 some friends and I turned his pain into a drinking game. Every time ESPN panned to him waiting to be picked we would do a shot. The first one of us to drop didn't make it out of the teens they showed him so much. Needless to say the game ended before he was selected.

Plus side of the drinking game, I was so hammered by the time we were on the clock I was incapable of even realizing we had **** away our pick on Jarvis Moss until the next day.
Old 04-24-2014, 06:51 AM   #41
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Ford is too small for Denver. We should go big at the DE and DT spot to make up for our small WSL and most likely MLB. I'd draft Ealy bottom of the first even if he may not be a total stud. He's got good size and some good sack numbers.
I would be fine with Ealy, I think he has good value at the end of the first round, and could certainly be the BPA at #31 depending on how things fall.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 11:30 AM   #42
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
If that happens...
"The Denver Broncos select Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Louisville."
Old 04-24-2014, 12:12 PM   #43
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

I honestly do not see Bridgewater getting out of the 1st, or early 2nd. Too many QB needy teams will jump on him.
Old 04-24-2014, 02:03 PM   #44
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludo21 View Post
I honestly do not see Bridgewater getting out of the 1st, or early 2nd. Too many QB needy teams will jump on him.
I think you may be right. Or it could be the same scenario as last year. Falls to they very first few picks the second day.
Old 04-24-2014, 02:19 PM   #45
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

The only way I could see teams allowing Bridgewater to slide out of the first is if Bortles,Carr and Manziel are ranked 1-3 on teams boards and then somehow Savage or Garropolo as the #4.

If that happens some GM's need to be fired first off. Then secondly, some team is going to be over the moon to get Bridgewater late.
Old 04-24-2014, 02:40 PM   #46
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
The only way I could see teams allowing Bridgewater to slide out of the first is if Bortles,Carr and Manziel are ranked 1-3 on teams boards and then somehow Savage or Garropolo as the #4.

If that happens some GM's need to be fired first off. Then secondly, some team is going to be over the moon to get Bridgewater late.

If Savage can go to a team like Denver, NE, or GB or any team with an established QB where he can sit, I think he has a chance to make it in this league. (A CHANCE)
Old 04-24-2014, 03:13 PM   #47
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post
I am freaking stunned Cody Latimer is on that list. I have plenty of peeps at IU and the story I got on him was not pleasant, stunned anyone thinks he is a top 10 WR in this draft.

I am a little surprised Jordan Matthews is going too.
I'm sure there will be a handful of those 30, being ushered out the backdoor after #32 is posted.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 04:38 PM   #48
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludo21 View Post
If Savage can go to a team like Denver, NE, or GB or any team with an established QB where he can sit, I think he has a chance to make it in this league. (A CHANCE)
Brock was a damn sight better in college than Savage and was projected as a 1st round pick had he gone back to school.
Which considering last year's class of QB's, probably costs him a lot of money in the short term.

I do not see what the hype is about with regards to Savage.
I get it with a Logan Thomas as he has shown flashes. I Get it with a Jimmy Garropolo. I see nothing but arm with Savage.
Old 04-24-2014, 04:44 PM   #49
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
Brock was a damn sight better in college than Savage and was projected as a 1st round pick had he gone back to school.
Which considering last year's class of QB's, probably costs him a lot of money in the short term.

I do not see what the hype is about with regards to Savage.
I get it with a Logan Thomas as he has shown flashes. I Get it with a Jimmy Garropolo. I see nothing but arm with Savage.
oh I agree, Savage has to be showing something in intellect in the interviews other than just his arm to be skyrocketing the way scouts and media are making it seem.

It may all be a smoke and mirrors like most draft hype/hate this time of the year.
Old 04-24-2014, 05:31 PM   #50
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Matt Miller @nfldraftscout · 9m

Former Ohio State University Buckeye Bradley Roby Charged With OVI | WBNS-10TV Columbus, Ohio http://teamstre.am/1gVoyQM
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: