The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2014, 11:39 AM   #1
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Default Today at the rescue mission!

Conservatives and Christians everywhere today at the local mission feeding the poor. Athiests were sleeping in I guess, but hey I'm sure your still good people because you vote liberal. Keep being selfish godless whores you bastards.

Happy Easter.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-2014, 12:31 PM   #2
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Liberals and democrats are good talking about helping others while conservatives and Christians actually do things to help others. The liberals and democrats can never understand the difference.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 12:34 PM   #3
ghwk
Ring of Famer

Survivor survivor!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5

Wow, the cynicism, hate, supposition in the two posts. Very Christian like, I'm sure Jesus is proud of you.
ghwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 03:14 PM   #4
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

God has a sense of humor. Good try though. Besides I never said i was a good Christian. Oh and if you saw this as a hate filled post then you must be a huge stick in the mud.
Old 04-20-2014, 03:18 PM   #5
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Don't worry though liberals Jesus still loves you.
Old 04-20-2014, 03:30 PM   #6
Rigs11
Ring of Famer

Meanwhile in the real world,the Christian loving gop tells you to 'suck it up'
Rigs11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 04:55 PM   #7
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Conservatives and Christians everywhere today at the local mission feeding the poor. Athiests were sleeping in I guess, but hey I'm sure your still good people because you vote liberal. Keep being selfish godless whores you bastards.

Happy Easter.
How are you planning to help tomorrow? Showing up on major holidays doesn't make you better Christian.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 09:18 PM   #8
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Elsid if I told you what i was doing this week you wouldn't believe me anyways. What if I said saving someones life? That's right I may be a bone marrow match for a young woman who has leukemia. Heading to the City Of Hope on Wednesday for a follow up test.

What are you doing? It's not about being a Christian, it's about counting on people and not the govt. I agree though as the country turns godless there are less and less people you can count on to be help others. So they only alternative is to turn to a govt that is greedy and cares little for individuals.

But to be honest I know plenty of liberals who are very giving. I just like to piss you all off. But they are mostly the liberals that still believe in god. All the athiests I know are selfish pricks.
Old 04-21-2014, 05:49 AM   #9
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

If you feel the need to brag about what you do, you aren't doing it for the right reasons.
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 07:36 AM   #10
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedaykin View Post
If you feel the need to brag about what you do, you aren't doing it for the right reasons.
Wow you just dismantled half of the Democratic party platform!

But overall I agree with the sentiment.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 07:38 AM   #11
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Wow you just dismantled half of the Democratic party platform!

But overall I agree with the sentiment.
And likewise 1/2 the Republican party platform. Good thing I'm neither.
Old 04-21-2014, 07:42 AM   #12
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry

2014 -- This one's for Pat.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis

Quote:

Happy Easter.

BowlenBall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 09:05 AM   #13
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Conservatives and Christians everywhere today at the local mission feeding the poor.
How did you know the people were "consersatives" and "Christians"? Did they have halos?
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 09:59 AM   #14
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
How did you know the people were "consersatives" and "Christians"? Did they have halos?
I was wondering the same thing.

Must be the only mission in the country checking halos and voter id's before being allowed to help.

When people brag about their charitable contributions, they usually are doing nothing.
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 11:17 AM   #15
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
90% of us bowing our heads in prayer, saying god bless to each other, and generally basking in the love of our god gives it away.
Old 04-21-2014, 11:18 AM   #16
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBrit View Post
I was wondering the same thing.

Must be the only mission in the country checking halos and voter id's before being allowed to help.

When people brag about their charitable contributions, they usually are doing nothing.
Ah the liberal idea that no one really gives or cares. Conservatives just fake it and that is why we need big govt!
Old 04-21-2014, 11:29 AM   #17
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedaykin View Post
Maybe I could just stay home and wait for science to help them? But the director at the mission would say I don't care what motivates people to help, just help.

it's one of the biggest differences between religious and non religious. The willingness to help the poor as a way of life. Churches don't just pretend to care when an election rolls around.

Religious people don't think they are better then other people because of god, only luckier. It's sad to see so many people think science will make them happier. God invented science as well as everything in the universe. He is science, he is art, he is music, and everything about us that is good comes from him.
Old 04-21-2014, 12:00 PM   #18
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
Ah the liberal idea that no one really gives or cares. Conservatives just fake it and that is why we need big govt!
It's your assertion that only conservatives and Christians help the disadvantaged.

I'm not denying either give help, but so do those of all religions, including atheists and those from all political interests.

You're the one claiming otherwise and boasting about it. Hardly a Christian or charitable attribute.
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 12:04 PM   #19
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

OP and 2nd P = thread fail for certain.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 12:57 PM   #20
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Maybe I could just stay home and wait for science to help them? But the director at the mission would say I don't care what motivates people to help, just help.

it's one of the biggest differences between religious and non religious. The willingness to help the poor as a way of life. Churches don't just pretend to care when an election rolls around.

Religious people don't think they are better then other people because of god, only luckier. It's sad to see so many people think science will make them happier. God invented science as well as everything in the universe. He is science, he is art, he is music, and everything about us that is good comes from him.
While I agree with the director, anything to get people to help is good. However, that you feel the need to puff up your chest and boast about yourself tells me all I need to know about your true motivations and the true nature of your character.
Old 04-21-2014, 01:18 PM   #21
GameChanger
Rookie

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jack Tenormen

Quote:

He invented sin?
GameChanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 02:40 PM   #22
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
Elsid if I told you what i was doing this week you wouldn't believe me anyways. What if I said saving someones life? That's right I may be a bone marrow match for a young woman who has leukemia. Heading to the City Of Hope on Wednesday for a follow up test.

What are you doing? It's not about being a Christian, it's about counting on people and not the govt. I agree though as the country turns godless there are less and less people you can count on to be help others. So they only alternative is to turn to a govt that is greedy and cares little for individuals.

But to be honest I know plenty of liberals who are very giving. I just like to piss you all off. But they are mostly the liberals that still believe in god. All the athiests I know are selfish pricks.
If that is the case, then I hope you are match. I have set of charities that I contribute too but I don't like to talk about them.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 05:59 PM   #23
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Hmmm, don't believe that's what he was saying but you molding it and putting it that way helps you keep your altruistic judgments.

Why on a holiday, why brag about it while degrading another part of the human race? I think that was the question/statement.

Since you are better than, as you label us, liberals there are tons of nursing homes with people who never have visitors, plus many who are confined to their homes. And please don't forget about our troops who struggle when they get home due to injuries or just not being able to make it due to circumstances beyond their control. Hope to see you there and not just on a holiday. And we don't care about your political leanings, there are good people everywhere.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 06:27 PM   #24
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
Hmmm, don't believe that's what he was saying but you molding it and putting it that way helps you keep your altruistic judgments.

Why on a holiday, why brag about it while degrading another part of the human race? I think that was the question/statement.

Since you are better than, as you label us, liberals there are tons of nursing homes with people who never have visitors, plus many who are confined to their homes. And please don't forget about our troops who struggle when they get home due to injuries or just not being able to make it due to circumstances beyond their control. Hope to see you there and not just on a holiday. And we don't care about your political leanings, there are good people everywhere.
Oh get off it. On this forum there has been a plethora of negative comments on religion, on conservatives, this is no different. It's just me having a good time and getting a rise out of you. Don't make it more then that. lol.

I know there are do gooder liberals. Tons of them. But I did post an event i did last yr. A Rock For Vets charity event my band played but not many on the board seemed to care.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg meels on wheels.jpg (181.3 KB, 17 views)
Old 04-21-2014, 06:30 PM   #25
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

So whatever I like to argue and banter back and forth but in reality yes I know that you have good and bad people in all walks of life, religious people are no different.

But..... I spend so much time doing charity stuff i doubt most of you come close to me. Also I think it's important to talk about charity, what you do, what others could do. lot's of people are just lazy and need to be fired up.