The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2014, 09:12 AM   #1
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

Default 911 Caller: "There's a Caucasian Man with a Gun..."

... so naturally police sit down with him and talk.

America's "color blind" justice system at work...

Quote:
Joseph Houseman, a 63-year-old white man who, back in May, stood with a rifle on a street in Kalamazoo, Michigan. When police arrived, he refused to identify himself, grabbed his crotch, flipped them the bird and cursed. They talked him down in an encounter that lasted 40 minutes. Houseman was not arrested. The next day, he got his gun back.

He also, while carrying a loaded weapon while intoxicated, had no ID on him at the time.

More: http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/1...h-him-and-Talk
L.A. BRONCOS FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2014, 09:59 AM   #2
Rohirrim
Partisan

Kicking and Screaming

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

If he's black, they feed him a diet of 9mm rounds within about ten seconds of pulling up.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 01:08 PM   #3
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Snore!
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 07:33 PM   #4
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

LABF, while I get what you're trying to say, I don't really agree with the premise. To use what law enforcement did in this situation to advance your argument that cops are racist, meh, can't buy it. These specific cops used great restraint in handling this situation, and I would tend to give these specific cops the benefit of the doubt if the guy was black.

I'll agree that there are a bunch of cops that are out of control. But I'd like to see how the murderers of Eric garner would handle this specific situation. Do they show the same restraint that these guys did? Or do they assert their authoritah?

I don't know, I read Facebook stories every day about out of control cops. And a lot of the stories I read have cops shooting people of all races. I do think a lot of them are out of control and need to be reeled in. But maybe they always have been and we are just now hearing about it. Nevertheless, I think every last one of em need to be monitored while on duty.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 08:14 PM   #5
TailgateNut
Bleedin' orange!

.......as much as tebonites

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Howard Griffith

says the x-cop
TailgateNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 11:10 PM   #6
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
LABF, while I get what you're trying to say, I don't really agree with the premise. To use what law enforcement did in this situation to advance your argument that cops are racist, meh, can't buy it. These specific cops used great restraint in handling this situation, and I would tend to give these specific cops the benefit of the doubt if the guy was black.

I'll agree that there are a bunch of cops that are out of control. But I'd like to see how the murderers of Eric garner would handle this specific situation. Do they show the same restraint that these guys did? Or do they assert their authoritah?

I don't know, I read Facebook stories every day about out of control cops. And a lot of the stories I read have cops shooting people of all races. I do think a lot of them are out of control and need to be reeled in. But maybe they always have been and we are just now hearing about it. Nevertheless, I think every last one of em need to be monitored while on duty.
Sorry, but if you honestly believe the justice system in this country is color blind, then you obviously don't believe in numbers and facts.
Old 12-11-2014, 09:19 AM   #7
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A. BRONCOS FAN View Post
Sorry, but if you honestly believe the justice system in this country is color blind, then you obviously don't believe in numbers and facts.
It's color blind to be sure. Police aren't a part of the justice system though. Technically they are law enforcement and the large majority of them deserve our respect. Law enforcement is more executive than judicial.

I feel confident if this old guy had reached for his gun he would have gotten the business. He was smart and didn't. This is the samething that happened to Tamir Miller, but he reached for the gun.

Another point is that the polce over here operate differently than the police over there. The police aren't national, they're local. So holding up these incidents as being something the transfers to the whole lacks an empirical approach to good sense.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 11:57 AM   #8
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Quote:
And for you to use this video to advance your point is wrong. These specific cops used great restraint and defused a situation that easily could have resulted in a death. It's wrong to automatically assume that these specific cops would have handled this specific situation differently if the guy was black.
Old 12-11-2014, 12:32 PM   #9
Guess Who
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM

You mean they didn't just pull up to him and shoot him like some 12 year-old black kid in Cleveland?...... not surprising, really.
Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 02:33 PM   #10
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

Quote:
And for you to use this video to advance your point is wrong. These specific cops used great restraint and defused a situation that easily could have resulted in a death. It's wrong to automatically assume that these specific cops would have handled this specific situation differently if the guy was black.
Who said anything about these specific cops?

This story simply serves as an example.
Old 12-11-2014, 02:44 PM   #11
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

Another redneck gun nut in the news...

Open Carry activist who rallied at Target and other businesses arrested for double murder

Quote:
A member of the Open Carry Texas rallies that have seen members marching through restaurants, grocery stores and other businesses with assault rifles has been arrested after two people were found dead in their home.

Veronica Dunnachie, 35, was arrested without incident 11 miles away at Millwood Hospital on North Cooper Street, a mental health facility. She is facing a capital murder charge. [...]
Family members who arrived at the scene identified the victims as Russ Dunnachie, Veronica's husband, and an adult daughter of his.

Dunnachie has been active in the Open Carry movement. Specifically, she was one of the gun activists in the open carry rallies in Target stores earlier this year. Fellow Open Carry activists have expressed both sadness and other emotions on Facebook.
I knew her, I'm not that surprised.

Antigun groups are gonna go to town on that one.

Many people die every day. This circumstance is no different than all the others.
And so another of America's many patriots goes from good person with a gun to bad person with a gun in a single moment. None of us, after so many repetitions of the same "American obsessed with guns and using those guns ends up murdering someone" news reports, are that surprised.
http://m.dailykos.com/story/2014/12/...etail=facebook
Old 12-11-2014, 03:02 PM   #12
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Look at all you white hating ****ers wishing that this man got shot by the police.
Old 12-11-2014, 03:48 PM   #13
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Quote:
Who said anything about these specific cops?

This story simply serves as an example.
Umm. Yeah. You put the video out about these specific cops, who handled a situation the right way, showed restraint, didn't escalate the situation, and should be applauded for how they dealt with this. It's wrong to use this as an example of your overall point, which is that cops, well, not even cops, you say our entire justice system is racist.

There are several other examples you could have used before this one.
Old 12-11-2014, 04:25 PM   #14
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

They were supposed to shoot him and make America fair!
Old 12-11-2014, 11:07 PM   #15
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

Quote:
Umm. Yeah. You put the video out about these specific cops, who handled a situation the right way, showed restraint, didn't escalate the situation, and should be applauded for how they dealt with this. It's wrong to use this as an example of your overall point, which is that cops, well, not even cops, you say our entire justice system is racist.

There are several other examples you could have used before this one.
You've yet to explain how it's "wrong" to use this incident to illustrate the disparity between the way rednecks like this suspect are normally treated by police vs. the treatment received by the Mike Browns and the Eric Garners of the world.

Clearly, "wrong" = "inconvenient truth" in your mind.
Old 12-12-2014, 07:51 AM   #16
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
You've yet to explain how it's "wrong" to use this incident to illustrate the disparity between the way rednecks like this suspect are normally treated by police vs. the treatment received by the Mike Browns and the Eric Garners of the world.

Clearly, "wrong" = "inconvenient truth" in your mind.
The "white guy" wasn't actually doing anything illegal.

Mike Brown was standing in the middle fo the road and had just robbed a store.
Eric Garner was breaking the law also, and it turns out had a history of doing so.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 12:48 PM   #17
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Garner had 30 arrests. What normal person has 30 arrests. There should be a 20 arrests and done law anyways lol. 30 arrests, lol, a person like that is no loss to society. Seriously think about it. If everyone acted like Eric Garner what sort of place would the USA be?
Old 12-12-2014, 06:53 PM   #18
Guess Who
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post

Eric Garner was breaking the law also, and it turns out had a history of doing so.
What was the 12 year-old boy doing "wrong" when cops pulled up and shot him within 2 seconds after driving up on him?
Old 12-12-2014, 06:55 PM   #19
Guess Who
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post

Why was Eric Garner killed by police; selling cigarettes; being black; telling cops to keep their hands off of him? ......... your America not mine.
Old 12-12-2014, 08:18 PM   #20
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess Who View Post
What was the 12 year-old boy doing "wrong" when cops pulled up and shot him within 2 seconds after driving up on him?
No that is a tragic accident by a cop/man who should not have had a gun. We need better training for all cops to perform better for all citizens. It's of great concern to all. Look up Doug Zerby, and Kelly Thomas and then get back to me. This isn't a black and white issue. This is a police/citizen issue.
Old 12-12-2014, 08:19 PM   #21
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess Who View Post
Why was Eric Garner killed by police; selling cigarettes; being black; telling cops to keep their hands off of him? ......... your America not mine.
no he refused to be arrested, like he always did. How many times can any person resist arrest before they get seriously injured or killed.
Old 12-12-2014, 11:24 PM   #22
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

Garcia is just another frightened, right-wing sheep who lines up behind the thugs and bullies because he thinks that's the safest place to be.
Old 12-13-2014, 02:26 AM   #23
Bronco Yoda

Rapper Turned Cop Tells Story From both sides
http://pipedreamzent.com/

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/...3T?ocid=TSHDHP
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 07:28 AM   #24
Smiling Assassin27
Helmet Tester

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Hemanuel Sandrs

Black Auburn football player killed in cold blood this weekend...by a black man. Reverend Sharpton, will we see a protest at Auburn or do black lives only matter when they are taken by white people?
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 11:43 AM   #25
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Assassin27 View Post
Black Auburn football player killed in cold blood this weekend...by a black man. Reverend Sharpton, will we see a protest at Auburn or do black lives only matter when they are taken by white people?
Was the killer a cop?