The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2014, 02:47 PM   #176
DENVERDUI55
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I have to question anyone who would want Man Ram replaced by anyone other than an AllPro. He played the position great last year and grew as the year went on. I am guessing the hate is from his first few games in 2012 at G where he was pretty average early on.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 02:52 PM   #177
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernistCaliforneeway7 View Post
If everyone stays healthy, I think this olines top 3 in the NFL.
I think that's stretching it a little. You have to remember that they're supported by Manning a lot when it comes to getting the ball out quickly. They're a good unit when you factor in the Manning effect, but they looked pretty lousy in the Super Bowl.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 02:55 PM   #178
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
I have to question anyone who would want Man Ram replaced by anyone other than an AllPro. He played the position great last year and grew as the year went on. I am guessing the hate is from his first few games in 2012 at G where he was pretty average early on.
I would question anyone who calls Manny's performance at G in 2012 anything other than "disastrous".
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 02:57 PM   #179
BMORE
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

The Front Office and Coaching Staff know better than any of us. If they think Clark at RT and Franklin at LG improves the OLine, then we have to trust them.

Personally I wanted to draft a LG and leave the rest of the players in their positions. ManRam and Franklin played very well all year, minus the SB..
BMORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 03:05 PM   #180
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMORE View Post
The Front Office and Coaching Staff know better than any of us. If they think Clark at RT and Franklin at LG improves the OLine, then we have to trust them.

Personally I wanted to draft a LG and leave the rest of the players in their positions. ManRam and Franklin played very well all year, minus the SB..
I trust the FO, as I believe most do.
Doesn't mean we don't take umbrage with certain calls they make.
For instance, you dislike Moore being the starting FS and think he needs to be replaced.
Others want disagree with the move of Franklin to LG and feel he should be left at RT and that we should draft someone for LG.

It is not a stretch to desire that Man Ram be replaced as the C and think it would upgrade the line.
Doesn't mean you hate the player, just that you want the position addressed and upgraded.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 03:23 PM   #181
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMORE View Post

They also think Rahim Moore is the answer. You trust that?
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 03:26 PM   #182
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
Hitting him in his weak spot. That was low man.
Old 04-23-2014, 03:28 PM   #183
NorthernistCaliforneeway7
Pro Bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
I think that's stretching it a little. You have to remember that they're supported by Manning a lot when it comes to getting the ball out quickly. They're a good unit when you factor in the Manning effect, but they looked pretty lousy in the Super Bowl.
The had a bad superbowl vs a deep, talented front 7. And without Clady. I can forgive them for that.

Manning does make players around him better, of course. But I think independent of Manning, this oline will be one of the best in the league. Vasquez I believe is the best RG in the NFL. Cladys top 3 at worst at LT. Franklin will be one of the best LGs in the NFL. ManRams still has room to grow, and he played top 10 at center last year. Clarks the weak link, and I thinks thats a great thing to consider. All my opinion of course, but I think this groups ridiculously talented.
NorthernistCaliforneeway7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 03:33 PM   #184
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
Hitting him in his weak spot. That was low man.
Ya that was a bit rough. Im just approaching it as they aren't always going to be right about everything. They human. So far, I believe they have done the right thing in letting Beadles go.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 03:52 PM   #185
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
I just disagree.
Manny had a fine year.

Wasnt perfect but how many teams have zero weak links on it's OL?

There is this thing called a salary cap.

And a rookie is not going to do better than Manny having to pickup Manning's offense on the fly.
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 03:54 PM   #186
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
I would question anyone who calls Manny's performance at G in 2012 anything other than "disastrous".
Manny did well at G late in the year, probably should of started the Bal game, i said as such.

He improved greatly at G.

He was hardly a disaster.
Old 04-23-2014, 03:55 PM   #187
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Old 04-23-2014, 03:56 PM   #188
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Ya that was a bit rough. Im just approaching it as they aren't always going to be right about everything. They human. So far, I believe they have done the right thing in letting Beadles go.
Beadles was not the type of OL we need to further this offense.
I have no issue whatsoever with letting him go.
I agree they are not always right, MLB for instance. But they do have a higher success rate than failure.

We as fans will never always agree with the FO but it is one of the best in football and has us primed to be a contender for many years to come.
Old 04-23-2014, 04:04 PM   #189
BMORE
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
!
BMORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 04:24 PM   #190
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
He blew away everyone's expectations because following an abysmal pre-season the expectations were next to nothing. He played ok, which is to say pedestrian, but I absolutely think he's the weakest link in the interior OL.
Zane Beadles was the weakest link throughout the season and Orlando Franklin was the weakest link in the Superbowl. If ManRam played like a top 10 Center, he's worth his salary. No reason to change, plus we already have a backup in Montgomery.

Wasting a draft pick on a Center, with about 7 remaining open roster spots, would be pretty stupid. I could see RT or OG maybe, but not C.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 04:31 PM   #191
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

I'd put money on Will Montgomery to be the starting LG in 2015 for a relatively cheap contract. And he's probably better than Beadles.
Old 04-23-2014, 04:52 PM   #192
BroncoBuff

Playing for January

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Ryan Clark is going to be one of the best RT's in the league. A monster.
And the story of Chris Clark is a perfect example of perseverance and never-say-die work, too.

He went undrafted - was a training camp cut by Tampa Bay his rookie year, Minnesota picked him up and he spent two years on the Vikings practice squad. McXanders signed him in Denver, despite the fact his "Pass protection was atrocious." (below)

The Elway regime worked him up, he's played in every Broncos game since John took over, and now he unseats a very highly rated RT to become a starter.

Anybody whining Elway only buys players, doesn't develop then ... this is who you point to.

Last edited by BroncoBuff; 04-23-2014 at 04:59 PM..
BroncoBuff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 05:35 PM   #193
Traveler
Traveling Man!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
There are so many contradictions in this post.
Blast away!
Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 06:02 PM   #194
DENVERDUI55
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
It started that way and he was just fine by the end of that year. He is a decent guard for the price but he is a very good C.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 07:01 PM   #195
BroncoBuff

Playing for January

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

How good a center can he be ... wasn't he our fourth choice for the position?

Walton, Koppen, somebody else, then Manny?
Old 04-23-2014, 07:14 PM   #196
BroncoBuff

Playing for January

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
I'd put money on Will Montgomery to be the starting LG in 2015 for a relatively cheap contract. And he's probably better than Beadles.
You think he'll beat out Franklin and/or Manny? I must admit, I was surprised to learn Montgomery started all 16 games three straight years ... I thought he was more of a backup. Plus, didn't Mike have Kory Lichtensteiger starting? Maybe at guard.

Anybody remember the other Franklin thread where I said my "very credible source" told me he was moving over, well here it is ... it was stupid o'clock in the morning, 3 or 4 and I sat down for a minute, out of 300 friends his was the only light on in Facebook chat. Remembered they called him "Clay" in college, so maybe he thought I was a friend-friend, not just a Facebook friend, and he gimme this scoop the day of or day after Franklin's tweet.

Old 04-23-2014, 07:26 PM   #197
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
How good a center can he be ... wasn't he our fourth choice for the position?

Walton, Koppen, somebody else, then Manny?
It was Walton then Koppen or Manny, then Lilja.
Old 04-23-2014, 09:19 PM   #198
Guess Who
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM

I see Montgomery and Ramirez battling it out at Center. The loser becomes the top backup C/G

Denver is in much better shape this year on the OL..... with a healthy Clady of course.
Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 12:09 AM   #199
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
You think he'll beat out Franklin and/or Manny? I must admit, I was surprised to learn Montgomery started all 16 games three straight years ... I thought he was more of a backup. Plus, didn't Mike have Kory Lichtensteiger starting? Maybe at guard.

Anybody remember the other Franklin thread where I said my "very credible source" told me he was moving over, well here it is ... it was stupid o'clock in the morning, 3 or 4 and I sat down for a minute, out of 300 friends his was the only light on in Facebook chat. Remembered they called him "Clay" in college, so maybe he thought I was a friend-friend, not just a Facebook friend, and he gimme this scoop the day of or day after Franklin's tweet.

Cool, that's pretty sweet. Regarding Manny, he'll probably remain at starting Center. Franklin is going to get a huge contract in FA, and we have tons of other guys who are higher priority.
Old 04-24-2014, 12:20 AM   #200
Bronc0guy
50 Omaha Set Hut

Get him in the HOF

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cody Latimer

Quote:

That's pretty cool.
Bronc0guy is offline   Reply With Quote