The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2014, 11:08 PM   #501
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
My firm belief is that you should be able to draft a Pro Bowler in the 1st round.

Elite
Pro Bowl Caliber
Solid Starters

Code:
1	Jadaveon Clowney	
2	Greg Robinson	
3	Khalil Mack	
4	Jake Matthews	
5	Sammy Watkins	
6	Mike Evans	
7	Darqueze Dennard	
8	Taylor Lewan	
9	Justin Gilbert	
10	Anthony Barr	
11	CJ Mosley	
12	Ryan Shazier	
13	Aaron Donald	
14	Ha'Sean Clinton-Dix	
15	Brandin Cooks	
16	Calvin Pryor	
17	Eric Ebron	
18	Odell Beckham	
19	Blake Bortles	
20	Timmy Jernigan	
21	Xavier Su'a-Filo	
22	Stephon Tuitt	
23	Teddy Bridgewater	
24	Johnny Manziel
25	Kyle Fuller	
26	Jason Verrett	
27	Demarcus Lawrence	
28	Zach Martin	
29	Donte Moncrief	
30	Jimmie Ward	
31	Morgan Moses	
32	Kony Ealy
I only give 1st round grades to guys who are Elite or Pro Bowlers. For me, about #24-#70 in this draft are Solid Starters. After that, are Possible Starters and on down.
Price watches two or three videos of Fuller comes away feeling not impressed with him says Gaines is a better player yet has Fuller ranked 25th on his very own list and Gaines isn't even on the list.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 12:18 AM   #502
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Price watches two or three videos of Fuller comes away feeling not impressed with him says Gaines is a better player yet has Fuller ranked 25th on his very own list and Gaines isn't even on the list.
That list was from 2 weeks ago. This is the latest iteration from a couple days ago, separated into sub-tiers.

1 Jadaveon Clowney
2 Greg Robinson
3 Khalil Mack
4 Jake Matthews
5 Sammy Watkins
6 Mike Evans

7 Darqueze Dennard
8 Taylor Lewan
9 Justin Gilbert
10 Anthony Barr
11 CJ Mosley
12 Ryan Shazier
13 Ha'Sean Clinton-Dix
14 Aaron Donald
15 Odell Beckham
16 Calvin Pryor
17 Eric Ebron

18 Phillip Gaines
19 Brandin Cooks
20 Stephon Tuitt
21 Jimmie Ward
22 Jason Verrett
23 Demarcus Lawrence
24 Kyle Fuller
25 Johnny Manziel
26 Blake Bortles
27 Teddy Bridgewater
28 Joel Bitonio
29 Xavier Su'a-Filo

30 Kony Ealy
31 Dee Ford
32 Bradley Roby
33 Timmy Jernigan

I tried to shove as many players as I could ahead of the QB's. I could live with Bitonio and Su'a-Filo, but the value (in the 1st) isn't great. I don't really want anybody after Su'a Filo. Not much movement, but a little. I mentioned a few days ago, that I hadn't previously thought Gaines was worth a 1st round pick, but now I do. Jernigan dropped to where I had him before, because I don't think he's an impact player. Cooks dropped a little bit too (Tavon Austin factor).

The funny part is, I bet I have Fuller ranked higher on both my lists than you have him on yours (if you have one). After watching him the 1st time, I just didn't want him on the Broncos, but now I've seen some more things that I like. I wouldn't hate the pick at #31. I have a continuous evaluation process. The board has been pretty much set for awhile, but there are certain things I see after watching some players again that can cause significant movement. It's all very normal, so I have no clue what weird method you use, nor do I care.

Last edited by pricejj; 05-06-2014 at 12:57 AM..
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 12:45 AM   #503
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
It took three posters saying WTF and 30 minutes time for price to start singing a different tune about Fuller and he calls me a wannabe draft snob. Stick to doing what you do best and delete the **** that makes you look bad. At least I have the balls to keep my posts on record.
I know Mosley is excellent at guarding RB's. In fact, it's one of his strengths. With Mosley's length, speed, and coverage ability, I think he will excel in the NFL.

When Elway vindicated my views for saying it's a fairly average draft (except for WR's), all I could do was think of your snide comments, acting like you're the hot shot of all things football while you parrot Mayock. You've been riding me for saying this draft is similar to all the rest, since the start of the offseason. You wouldn't be so insufferable if you weren't such a lurking, condescending, butt-monkey.

I guarantee you Elway would also draft CJ Mosley in a hot minute.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 02:21 AM   #504
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
How many NFL caliber TE's did Mosley face? You have to go with the measureables. It's no guarantee, but he has the measureables, plus he's used to being in command. Denver does need a MLB that commands the defense. Trevathan trying to command the defense from an outside spot, that's not ideal. Teams don't do that, having an outside LB command the defense, it's just not done.
FINALLLY! Someone who understands that it is not normal to have a non MLB calling plays on a top defense.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 03:05 AM   #505
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
That list was from 2 weeks ago. This is the latest iteration from a couple days ago, separated into sub-tiers.

1 Jadaveon Clowney
2 Greg Robinson
3 Khalil Mack
4 Jake Matthews
5 Sammy Watkins
6 Mike Evans

7 Darqueze Dennard
8 Taylor Lewan
9 Justin Gilbert
10 Anthony Barr
11 CJ Mosley
12 Ryan Shazier
13 Ha'Sean Clinton-Dix
14 Aaron Donald
15 Odell Beckham
16 Calvin Pryor
17 Eric Ebron

18 Phillip Gaines
19 Brandin Cooks
20 Stephon Tuitt
21 Jimmie Ward
22 Jason Verrett
23 Demarcus Lawrence
24 Kyle Fuller
25 Johnny Manziel
26 Blake Bortles
27 Teddy Bridgewater
28 Joel Bitonio
29 Xavier Su'a-Filo

30 Kony Ealy
31 Dee Ford
32 Bradley Roby
33 Timmy Jernigan

I tried to shove as many players as I could ahead of the QB's. I could live with Bitonio and Su'a-Filo, but the value (in the 1st) isn't great. I don't really want anybody after Su'a Filo. Not much movement, but a little. I mentioned a few days ago, that I hadn't previously thought Gaines was worth a 1st round pick, but now I do. Jernigan dropped to where I had him before, because I don't think he's an impact player. Cooks dropped a little bit too (Tavon Austin factor).

The funny part is, I bet I have Fuller ranked higher on both my lists than you have him on yours (if you have one). After watching him the 1st time, I just didn't want him on the Broncos, but now I've seen some more things that I like. I wouldn't hate the pick at #31. I have a continuous evaluation process. The board has been pretty much set for awhile, but there are certain things I see after watching some players again that can cause significant movement. It's all very normal, so I have no clue what weird method you use, nor do I care.
Ah so you had Fuller 25 without even watching him gotcha. Also that goes back to my original point if you don't watch all of the prospects you won't have a accurate list to claim there are only 22 players with a first round grade. See how that works lol.

Last edited by DBroncos4life; 05-06-2014 at 03:08 AM..
Old 05-06-2014, 03:09 AM   #506
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
FINALLLY! Someone who understands that it is not normal to have a non MLB calling plays on a top defense.
Lol that tool bag is claiming Mosley has the measurable after his poor combine? . Instincts would have been the route I would have went.
Old 05-06-2014, 04:20 AM   #507
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
That is horrible value. Rounds 1-3 are awful(Well, Round 2 isn't bad). 4-5 You can maybe make an argument for those guys.
Gaines should not be a first round pick. Mewhort while nice is not where we should stick a 2nd round pick and Williamson is way overdrafted.
We shouldn't reach for picks. Too much value and depth in this draft.
Agree. If our draft fell that way, I would be hugely disappointed. Not that I hate any of those players, but Gaines and Mewhort would be huge reaches in the 1st and 2nd, and Williamson before the 6th would be terrible value.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 05:03 AM   #508
Action
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
Price is a damn clown

This dude stays patting himself on his back because Elway said it's an average draft outside of WR's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Price
My firm belief is that you should be able to draft a Pro Bowler in the 1st round.
Well no **** sherlock you think teams are out here hoping they're drafting backups in the 1st?

Last edited by Action; 05-06-2014 at 05:09 AM..
Action is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 05:07 AM   #509
Action
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
Lol that tool bag is claiming Mosley has the measurable after his poor combine? . Instincts would have been the route I would have went.
Exactly.

See - the scenario is - if Mosley drops to 31 - that should be a RED FLAG more than a good scenario for the Broncos. An LB of his caliber (supposedly the best LB in the draft) dropping that far, and 30 other NFL teams passed him up...and you still want to take this guy? Come on people.

Mosley is not keeping up with Gronkowski or any other elite TE's.
Old 05-06-2014, 05:11 AM   #510
Action
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Aaron Donald at 14?

Get the **** out of here with that stupid ****.

PriceJJ is a ****ing moron
Old 05-06-2014, 06:19 AM   #511
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Oh........yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
Aaron Donald at 14?

Get the **** out of here with that stupid ****.

PriceJJ is a ****ing moron
Why?
Lately I have heard guys talk about Donald as a potential top 10 pick
Hell I watched a bit of the Sportscenter draft special and both Polian and the other guy loved Donald
I think Polian said the Bucs should take him with their first
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 06:20 AM   #512
Action
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Br0nc0Buster View Post
Why?
Lately I have heard guys talk about Donald as a potential top 10 pick
Hell I watched a bit of the Sportscenter draft special and both Polian and the other guy loved Donald
I think Polian said the Bucs should take him with their first
That's my point... Aaron Donald is a beast. Only reason he isn't a top 3 pick is because of his size.
Old 05-06-2014, 06:23 AM   #513
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Oh........yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
That's my point... Aaron Donald is a beast. Only reason he isn't a top 3 pick is because of his size.
oh nevermind I thought you meant the opposite
Old 05-06-2014, 06:47 AM   #514
crush17
"Born A Broncos Fan"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rick Upchurch

The NFL Draft. More serious than serious.
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 08:38 AM   #515
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
I know Mosley is excellent at guarding RB's. In fact, it's one of his strengths. With Mosley's length, speed, and coverage ability, I think he will excel in the NFL.

When Elway vindicated my views for saying it's a fairly average draft (except for WR's), all I could do was think of your snide comments, acting like you're the hot shot of all things football while you parrot Mayock. You've been riding me for saying this draft is similar to all the rest, since the start of the offseason. You wouldn't be so insufferable if you weren't such a lurking, condescending, butt-monkey.

I guarantee you Elway would also draft CJ Mosley in a hot minute.
What does that have to do with my concerns with him being able to match up one on one with TEs at the next level? We have almost zero match ups to watch of him facing a NFL caliber TE. We have at best average combine times, most of which point to him not being able to match up very well against some of the better TEs in the NFL. The only positive side to him is his high football IQ. That gives me one out of three check marks in what I would look for when calling a player elite at something.

Three down elite MLB that can run and shutdown TEs are rare in the NFL. If it was a lock that Mosley was one he would be a top 10 pick. That is a fact.
Old 05-06-2014, 08:45 AM   #516
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Oh........yea

I just read Peter King's mock draft and he claims that "Fox loves Hageman"

I had not really thought of him as an option for us honestly
Old 05-06-2014, 09:10 AM   #517
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

while people are ragging on price, I'd love to see your rankings of the players as he has provided. You all are saying "lol, that guy sucks...." more or less. Well, it's price's rankings, not yours. So show us your rankings of the top 33 picks for this entire draft.

I'm giddy with anticipation.

Last edited by Tombstone RJ; 05-06-2014 at 09:55 AM..
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 09:38 AM   #518
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
while people are ragging on price, I'd love to see your rankings of the players as he has provided. You all are saying "lol, that guy sucks...." more or less. Well, it's price's rankings, not yours. So show us your rankings of the top 31 picks for this entire draft.

QFT
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 09:47 AM   #519
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
while people are ragging on price, I'd love to see your rankings of the players as he has provided. You all are saying "lol, that guy sucks...." more or less. Well, it's price's rankings, not yours. So show us your rankings of the top 31 picks for this entire draft.

I look forward to Pricejj's posts. He has good stuff IMO.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 09:51 AM   #520
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

I don't have a prediction for all 7 spots but I do suspect we will trade up a few spots if we have a shot at one of the top cornerbacks. I believe CB is our biggest need by far.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 10:00 AM   #521
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Anyone that puts time and effort into a ranking, gets my respect no matter how it is. It's their opinion anyhow. Always turns into a pissing match however. I look at it about the same as I do camp reports, appreciate it.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 10:01 AM   #522
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

I don't think Mosley falling is a red flag, it's the new NFL. MLB is becoming closer in value to RB which makes no sense considering the impact MLB's still have on a defense.

I do not really have an issue with Price or his rankings. I disagree with him at times but I can respect his opinion.
Much like with Bmore and a few others.
Old 05-06-2014, 10:01 AM   #523
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
I don't have a prediction for all 7 spots but I do suspect we will trade up a few spots if we have a shot at one of the top cornerbacks. I believe CB is our biggest need by far.
Considering they wanted Xavier Rhodes last year, it makes sense.

The Broncos have four active CB's on the roster. Talib, Harris (recovering from injury), the kid from USF and Tony Carter. The team desperately needs another cover guy on defense. It just stink that they are not in a good position to land any of the top guys.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 10:18 AM   #524
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Considering they wanted Xavier Rhodes last year, it makes sense.

The Broncos have four active CB's on the roster. Talib, Harris (recovering from injury), the kid from USF and Tony Carter. The team desperately needs another cover guy on defense. It just stink that they are not in a good position to land any of the top guys.
NO NO NO NO NO. Let me correct you. We have 3 CB's on the roster and a warm body. Carter is not a CB. He is the "Looking at the stars while bombs fall." guy who should never see the field ever again.
He's Lance Ball of the CB's.
Old 05-06-2014, 10:20 AM   #525
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
NO NO NO NO NO. Let me correct you. We have 3 CB's on the roster and a warm body. Carter is not a CB. He is the "Looking at the stars while bombs fall." guy who should never see the field ever again.
He's Lance Ball of the CB's.
All I want to know is what Denver thinks if Joyner. That being said, Carter can certainly be improved upon.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote