The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2014, 07:27 PM   #476
BMORE
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Why reach on Gaines @31? He has a legit shot of being around in the second round.

If we trade back and take him, fine. But I feel 31 is too soon.

So if we like Avery Williams as the third best LB and miss out on Shazier and Mosley are we going to reach and take him in the second? It's bad value.
BMORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 07:32 PM   #477
HAT
I think, therefore I ham.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber

M. lee WR
D. Yankey G
C. Jones LB
D. Bailey S
C. Marsh DE
D. Caaaaaare

All of which will probably go 5-10 spots ahead of where Denver picks in each round...
HAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 07:34 PM   #478
Bronc0guy
Struttin' that ass

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cody Latimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAT View Post
M. lee WR
D. Yankey G
C. Jones LB
D. Bailey S
C. Marsh DE
D. Caaaaaare

All of which will probably go 5-10 spots ahead of where Denver picks in each round...
I'm really starting to think Lee may fall to us if he gets past Carolina.
Bronc0guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 07:48 PM   #479
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
My latest iteration of Broncos 5 round mock:

#31 - Phillip Gaines
#63 - Jack Mewhort
#95- Avery Williamson
#124 - Jeff Janis
#155- Kapri Bibbs

5 future starters. Stab 'em and slab 'em...
All I can say is this. If that is our draft, I will find you, I will hunt you down.
Then....
Lestat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 08:14 PM   #480
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMORE View Post
Why reach on Gaines @31? He has a legit shot of being around in the second round.

If we trade back and take him, fine. But I feel 31 is too soon.

So if we like Avery Williams as the third best LB and miss out on Shazier and Mosley are we going to reach and take him in the second? It's bad value.
It's not bad value Bmore. Just because nfldraftscout has Gaines as the 63rd overall prospect, doesn't mean they're right. National scouts are notorious for undervaluing small school prospects. Look at Derek Wolfe, Jamie Collins, DJ Hayden, Robert Alford, and it goes on and on.

Mayock is so far off on most prospects that it's comical. nfldraftscout is better, but still far off sometimes on DL and CB. Have you seen the video of his PD's? MUG was right. This guy is a boss-baller, with capability to be a shutdown CB. He's better than Fuller and Verrett.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 08:21 PM   #481
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
All I can say is this. If that is our draft, I will find you, I will hunt you down.
Then....
1. Gaines is Nickel CB this year, then takes over for Chris Harris in 2015, after Harris leaves for $9M per year.
2. Mewhort takes over at RT in case Clark craps the bed, or if Clady reinjures himself.
3. Avery Williamson is Wesley Woodyard, if Dub gained 15 lbs and stopped drag-tackling.
4. Jeff Janis starts in place of Emmanuel Sanders on the outside when Welker leaves in 2015.
5. Kapri Bibbs beats out Hillman and Anderson to be 1B starter behind Ball this year.

5-starter epic draft.
Old 05-05-2014, 08:22 PM   #482
BMORE
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

He's not better than Fuller or Verrett right now. And I like his game, I have said as much. He's not a polished prospect, and played in a small school. He has some improvements and refining to his game. I think he has the intangibles, but your gonna draft him in the first round with unknowns? Those are factors scouts look for.
Old 05-05-2014, 08:26 PM   #483
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMORE View Post
He's not better than Fuller or Verrett right now. And I like his game, I have said as much. He's not a polished prospect, and played in a small school. He has some improvements and refining to his game. I think he has the intangibles, but your gonna draft him in the first round with unknowns? Those are factors scouts look for.
1. Fuller is better at zone CB. He'll never be an impact guy. Not gritty or fast enough.
2. Verrett tends to get lost more than 10 yards down the field. Get's obliterated by bigger WR's. Fiesty, but strictly a Nickel CB in my book.
3. Gaines has elite speed to recover and close. Superb footwork and ability to change direction. Sticks like glue all the way down the field. Ability to be shutdown CB, just needs more work in the weight room. Tenacious, projects better than Chris Harris at LCB IMO.
Old 05-05-2014, 08:33 PM   #484
BMORE
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
1. Fuller is better at zone CB. He'll never be an impact guy. Not gritty or fast enough.
2. Verrett tends to get lost more than 10 yards down the field. Get's obliterated by bigger WR's. Fiesty, but strictly a Nickel CB in my book.
3. Gaines has elite speed to recover and close. Superb footwork and ability to change direction. Sticks like glue all the way down the field. Ability to be shutdown CB, just needs more work in the weight room. Tenacious, projects better than Chris Harris at LCB IMO.
1. Fuller isn't gritty? You have t watched him yet.

2. Verrett doesn't get lost, he has blazing speed, great instincts, ball skills, and tenacity. Considering we are in Nickel 60+% of the time, that's an invaluable piece. Especially if we lose CH in the offseason. Besides most teams don't have a Marshall and Jeffrey size wise on the outside.

3. Gaines has a lot of very nice attributes, I'm not knocking him. But having faced less than elite or even quality competition brings him down. He was a combine stud, but he's still a second to third round prospect as of today.
Old 05-05-2014, 08:35 PM   #485
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
1. Gaines is Nickel CB this year, then takes over for Chris Harris in 2015, after Harris leaves for $9M per year.
2. Mewhort takes over at RT in case Clark craps the bed, or if Clady reinjures himself.
3. Avery Williamson is Wesley Woodyard, if Dub gained 15 lbs and stopped drag-tackling.
4. Jeff Janis starts in place of Emmanuel Sanders on the outside when Welker leaves in 2015.
5. Kapri Bibbs beats out Hillman and Anderson to be 1B starter behind Ball this year.

5-starter epic draft.
That is horrible value. Rounds 1-3 are awful(Well, Round 2 isn't bad). 4-5 You can maybe make an argument for those guys.
Gaines should not be a first round pick. Mewhort while nice is not where we should stick a 2nd round pick and Williamson is way overdrafted.
We shouldn't reach for picks. Too much value and depth in this draft.
Old 05-05-2014, 08:40 PM   #486
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
What? Fuller not gritty or fast enough?
He tackles and plays the run like a safety, he's physical, he plays the ball well and he tends to stay with WR's down the field.
Old 05-05-2014, 08:43 PM   #487
crush17
orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thanks Champ!

Yeah Price I'm not sure what footage of Fuller you've been watching but he's basically the exact opposite of how you described him lol
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 08:55 PM   #488
BroncosfanGuy
Make dub not dubstep

Big Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
price, how are you coming to these conclusions? I disagree with the Fuller opinion. I am wondering how you think Gaines is a better man CB than Fuller?

ETA: The only reason Verrett drops to the end of round 1 is his height, imo, not getting lost downfield.

Last edited by BroncosfanGuy; 05-05-2014 at 09:00 PM..
BroncosfanGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 09:09 PM   #489
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosfanGuy View Post
price, how are you coming to these conclusions? I completely disagree with the Fuller opinion. I am wondering how you think Gaines is a better man CB than Fuller?

ETA: The only reason Verrett drops to the end of round 1 is his height, imo, not getting lost downfield.
Found some more video on Fuller, yeah he's good. I think I watched Rutgers and Marshall before and wasn't super impressed. Looked much better against better competition.
Old 05-05-2014, 09:12 PM   #490
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

you can't make this **** up.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 09:15 PM   #491
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Price: Outside of WR's looks like a fairly average draft
DB4L: It's the best draft EVAR, because all the "experts" said so
Elway: Outside of WR's looks like a fairly average draft

What's you're excuse for that one?
Old 05-05-2014, 09:16 PM   #492
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

You must have broke down a crap load of videos in a half hour.
Old 05-05-2014, 09:18 PM   #493
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Found some more video on Fuller, yeah he's good. I think I watched Rutgers and Marshall before and wasn't super impressed. Looked much better against better competition.
Old 05-05-2014, 09:18 PM   #494
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Price: I have 21 players with first round grades, even though I've only watched 3 videos of 2 guys.
Old 05-05-2014, 09:26 PM   #495
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

I watched 3 videos on Fuller two weeks ago, and came away thinking there wasn't enough stuff to make a determination, but that I didn't like some of what I saw. Watched a few more tonight, and have a better feel for what type of player he is. I would be happy if the Broncos drafted him. I like Gaines too. I'd be happy with Verrett at Nickel.

Experts have similar numbers of 1st round grades that I do. Even Elway called it an average draft except for WR (like I did). And you're still on that trip? Nothing worse than a wannabe draft snob. Bet you still think "Mosley can't guard TE's" too. At least I admit when I make a mistake.
Old 05-05-2014, 09:26 PM   #496
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Can't make up you being a jackass. Happens over and over . . . . . . You're worse than me.

Last edited by Cito Pelon; 05-05-2014 at 09:29 PM..
Cito Pelon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 09:34 PM   #497
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
I watched 3 videos on Fuller two weeks ago, and came away thinking there wasn't enough stuff to make a determination, but that I didn't like some of what I saw. Watched a few more tonight, and have a better feel for what type of player he is. I would be happy if the Broncos drafted him. I like Gaines too. I'd be happy with Verrett at Nickel.

Experts have similar numbers of 1st round grades that I do. Even Elway called it an average draft except for WR (like I did). And you're still on that trip? Nothing worse than a wannabe draft snob. Bet you still think "Mosley can't guard TE's" too. At least I admit when I make a mistake.
I think we should be good at CB if one of the better 5 falls to us.
Gilbert, Dennard, Fuller, Roby or Verrett would fit well.
I like Roby a lot better than most on the board but I think he is going to be a very good NFL player.
Old 05-05-2014, 09:36 PM   #498
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Got any videos of Mosley shutting down a NFL caliber TE one on one? If he was as sure of a player as Willis he would be a lock for the top 10. The fact that he isn't is enough to prove that there is doubt he will be an elite 3 down LB. I'm sticking to my claim that he will be closer to Ryans then Willis.
Old 05-05-2014, 09:42 PM   #499
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

It took three posters saying WTF and 30 minutes time for price to start singing a different tune about Fuller and he calls me a wannabe draft snob. Stick to doing what you do best and delete the **** that makes you look bad. At least I have the balls to keep my posts on record.
Old 05-05-2014, 09:49 PM   #500
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Got any videos of Mosley shutting down a NFL caliber TE one on one? If he was as sure of a player as Willis he would be a lock for the top 10. The fact that he isn't is enough to prove that there is doubt he will be an elite 3 down LB. I'm sticking to my claim that he will be closer to Ryans then Willis.
How many NFL caliber TE's did Mosley face? You have to go with the measureables. It's no guarantee, but he has the measureables, plus he's used to being in command. Denver does need a MLB that commands the defense. Trevathan trying to command the defense from an outside spot, that's not ideal. Teams don't do that, having an outside LB command the defense, it's just not done.

Last edited by Cito Pelon; 05-05-2014 at 09:55 PM..
Cito Pelon is online now   Reply With Quote