The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2014, 02:53 PM   #301
BMORE
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,832

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
I fully agree on WR. But G would not surprise me after the beating our OL took in the Super Bowl. I'm of the opinion that OL was probably the biggest reason we got beat so badly, and if they feel there's somebody at #31 who could step in and start and be an upgrade before the season is over then I would understand the pick. What I admittedly have no clue about is whether or not any of these guys fit that bill or, if they did, if they'd be available at that pick.
Franklin is going to be our LG, if the report is accurate. We don't need a first round Guard if that is the plan.
BMORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 02:58 PM   #302
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer
 
LikeABoss5820's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 3,547

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

I'd be fine with Zack Martin (he wont be there though) but he's better suited at G than T, he doesnt have incredibly long arms.

Yankey in the 1st, yuck.

Would take a WR, but not in the 1st.
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 03:02 PM   #303
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer
 
LikeABoss5820's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 3,547

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMORE View Post
Franklin is going to be our LG, if the report is accurate. We don't need a first round Guard if that is the plan.
Yep, he tweeted he's moving to LG.

Not just to try it out but the move is real.

If we go OL in Round 1, i'd go T, Morgan Moses if there would be good.
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 03:03 PM   #304
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 
United In Orange

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Louisville, CO
Posts: 9,852
Default

All of the Broncos picks are going to be for depth anyway, except for Nickel LB (and possibly Nickel CB if the player can beat out Webster).

The Broncos will need a new starting WR, and LG next year for sure. And I don't like the idea of going into next year's draft being forced to pick starters at both positions because the incumbent starters left in FA.

If the right Defensive player isn't there at #31, then there is nothing wrong with going BPA at OL or WR.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 03:09 PM   #305
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer
 
LikeABoss5820's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 3,547

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
All of the Broncos picks are going to be for depth anyway, except for Nickel LB (and possibly Nickel CB if the player can beat out Webster).

The Broncos will need a new starting WR, and LG next year for sure. And I don't like the idea of going into next year's draft being forced to pick starters at both positions because the incumbent starters left in FA.

If the right Defensive player isn't there at #31, then there is nothing wrong with going BPA at OL or WR.
For LG, yes, i think so but not sure about Round 1 early.

Assuming you mean Welker, can take one in the 2nd or 3rd and move Sanders to the slot.

I'd prefer to go CB, MLB, WR, G/T in some kind of order with our top 4 picks.
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 04:11 PM   #306
BMORE
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,832

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Price I agree that there aren't many starting positions available. I have been saying that, we are in a fortunate position to go BPA, particularly in the first.

We need a WR but not in the first. I believe Welker stays as long as Manning is playing. We have Sanders and fully expect to see DT resigned. I don't see WR as a dire need. It's a deep draft to add an upside WR.

We need a Guard, maybe more so depth. Franklin is your starting LG, Vasquez RG. Montgomery your back-up G/C. A developmental Guard would be ideal.

I don't think we need a RT, and shouldn't draft one in the first. Painter will compete with Clark and Justice.

Any offensive pick to me would be a BPA or luxury pick.
BMORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 04:17 PM   #307
BMORE
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,832

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

On defense we could see a starter at CB if he was a true stud, that way Harris can play NCB and be eased back in, otherwise there is an opening if a rookie beats out Webster for third duties.

We could see a starter at MLB if he was a three down stud, otherwise expect a sub package NLB to play with Trevethan.

The DLine is set at starters, with high upside back ups at DE, in Malik LDE and MY PICK Q at RDE. DT however, will have three free agents next season..

I could see a stud FS beating out Moore even if he returned to his average form, either way we need a back-up/competition there.

Don't be surprised to see another DT taken...
BMORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 04:20 PM   #308
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 24,365

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Wouldn't be surprised to see a DL pick again if they are BPA given the status of our interior FA's next year, Wolfe's injury and the unknown's also there.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 04:23 PM   #309
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,292

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
I think 5 QB's go in the 1st.
Bortles, Bridgewater, Manziel, Carr IMO all go before pick #21, I think someone will pop Garappolo or Savage in the late 1st.


ASJ probably falls to the 2nd due to the medicals, Amaro is a wildcard, he may go 1st but more than likely slides to 2nd.

I think Roby goes in addition to the 4 CB's you listed.

I think Ward goes in the first after Dix and maybe before Pryor depending on the team.

There will be real value there but I would hope that we trade up for either Mosley,Fuller or Dennard.
Hell if Barr somehow fell I wouldn't mind that.
oh lawdy, I hope you are right, that would be fantastic!
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 04:24 PM   #310
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 19,634
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMORE View Post
Franklin is going to be our LG, if the report is accurate. We don't need a first round Guard if that is the plan.
Agree that the plan is to try Franklin at LG and Clark at RT. But, are we sure Clark will be better at RT than Franklin? If they draft a G they would have more flexibility.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 04:25 PM   #311
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,292

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Wouldn't be surprised to see a DL pick again if they are BPA given the status of our interior FA's next year, Wolfe's injury and the unknown's also there.
yep, and if the Broncos still want a LBer (we think the Broncos need one, but what do we know, right?) then they can pick one up in rounds 2-3.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 04:26 PM   #312
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 10,503
Default

To me, I do not like nor trust the move of Franklin to LG.
If and I stress IF no one gets hurt along the OL then most likely Franklin is gone and we still need a LG next year, Clark could also do poorly and we need to move Franklin back.

Of course, Franklin may develop into a pro bowl OG and we re-sign him. In a perfect world that happens and everything works.

Regardless of what does or does not happen we still need a OL pick in this draft. My preference would be OG or C but it depends on the value associated with the pick.

WR, honestly I just want us to end up with Davante Adams.
I don't care what round or what pick. I just really love his game and think he will be a star in the NFL.
We need another WR to add depth and potentially start, even if Welker comes back you still only have 5 WR's with a draft pick coming in. That is not enough.

MLB,CB and WR should be addressed in some fashion in the top 4 rounds.
if we can get a S, DL or OL in the draft that would be wonderful as well.
Lestat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 04:31 PM   #313
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,292

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
To me, I do not like nor trust the move of Franklin to LG.
If and I stress IF no one gets hurt along the OL then most likely Franklin is gone and we still need a LG next year, Clark could also do poorly and we need to move Franklin back.

Of course, Franklin may develop into a pro bowl OG and we re-sign him. In a perfect world that happens and everything works.

Regardless of what does or does not happen we still need a OL pick in this draft. My preference would be OG or C but it depends on the value associated with the pick.

WR, honestly I just want us to end up with Davante Adams.
I don't care what round or what pick. I just really love his game and think he will be a star in the NFL.
We need another WR to add depth and potentially start, even if Welker comes back you still only have 5 WR's with a draft pick coming in. That is not enough.

MLB,CB and WR should be addressed in some fashion in the top 4 rounds.
if we can get a S, DL or OL in the draft that would be wonderful as well.
Don't forget about Painter, I think the Broncos drafted him as a project, but if they don't think he'll pan out I can see the Broncos drafting oline but not in the early rounds. Who knows?
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 04:32 PM   #314
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 10,503
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
oh lawdy, I hope you are right, that would be fantastic!
There are too many QB needy teams. This is becoming more and more a QB driven league via the offenses being run.
QB's sell tickets and hope for the future. Too many teams need QB's to not have at least 4 go in the top 20-25 picks

Even then you have teams sniffing around Garappolo, Mettenberger and Savage.
Someone is going to feel froggy and jump. Partially to get that 5 year option.
That will in turn push players down the board, especially non pure pass rush DL, WR's and safeties.

I think there will be some serious reaches and a ton of value left at our pick.
My preference is to deal up and snag the guy we want instead of waiting.
But Elway's style in the first and 2nd is usually to allow the board to come to him and then make a move.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Agree that the plan is to try Franklin at LG and Clark at RT. But, are we sure Clark will be better at RT than Franklin? If they draft a G they would have more flexibility.
It definitely would not hurt to take a OL early on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Wouldn't be surprised to see a DL pick again if they are BPA given the status of our interior FA's next year, Wolfe's injury and the unknown's also there.
I have been saying this for a while now and most think it's foolish to take a DL.
DT or DE is still a need. We have potential injury concerns and potential FA's leaving.
Lestat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 04:33 PM   #315
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 10,503
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
Don't forget about Painter, I think the Broncos drafted him as a project, but if they don't think he'll pan out I can see the Broncos drafting oline but not in the early rounds. Who knows?
Broncos really like him so I think he will be in the mix but I do not foresee him being a top tier depth or competition guy for another year or so.
Unless he just made huge strides.
Lestat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 04:41 PM   #316
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,292

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
There are too many QB needy teams. This is becoming more and more a QB driven league via the offenses being run.
QB's sell tickets and hope for the future. Too many teams need QB's to not have at least 4 go in the top 20-25 picks

Even then you have teams sniffing around Garappolo, Mettenberger and Savage.
Someone is going to feel froggy and jump. Partially to get that 5 year option.
That will in turn push players down the board, especially non pure pass rush DL, WR's and safeties.

I think there will be some serious reaches and a ton of value left at our pick.
My preference is to deal up and snag the guy we want instead of waiting.
But Elway's style in the first and 2nd is usually to allow the board to come to him and then make a move.
I agree and I can see Mettenberger being snagged in the first round, if he hadn't gotten injured he might very well be the top QB of this class. Some team is going to grab him the question is, how long before he's taken?

Also, I'd be fine if the Broncos trade up in the first round for a player they really like. The Broncos are in a win-now mode. If they decide that, for example, Mosely, is just the LBer they need to really stabilize the LB corps and need to move up 10 spots to grab him then ok. Fact is, this Broncos team has a lot of talent already. Yes, there's some holes, but it's not like this team has to draft 3-4 impact players to be competitive. The Broncos instead may just need one more player on defense to bring it all together on that side of the ball.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 04:44 PM   #317
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 24,365

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
I have been saying this for a while now and most think it's foolish to take a DL.
DT or DE is still a need. We have potential injury concerns and potential FA's leaving.
The people who think it is foolish don't look ahead.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 04:48 PM   #318
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer
 
LikeABoss5820's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 3,547

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

I can get an OL in the 1st, not an insane thing to do but would prefer to go defense depending who is there.
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 04:49 PM   #319
BMORE
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,832

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

I have been saying we could take a DT for months, but MED called it 10 years ago.
BMORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 04:49 PM   #320
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer
 
LikeABoss5820's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 3,547

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post


I have been saying this for a while now and most think it's foolish to take a DL.
DT or DE is still a need. We have potential injury concerns and potential FA's leaving.
I'd go DT over DE if we go DL.

We have enough DE's under contract next year.

DT, not so much.

Have said before DT could be a surprise pick depending who drops.
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 04:51 PM   #321
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 10,503
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
The people who think it is foolish don't look ahead.
Considering the amount of injuries we have suffered at positions in the past 3 seasons alone I do not believe there is a single position where we can say we are stocked enough to not draft that position in the first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
I agree and I can see Mettenberger being snagged in the first round, if he hadn't gotten injured he might very well be the top QB of this class. Some team is going to grab him the question is, how long before he's taken?

Also, I'd be fine if the Broncos trade up in the first round for a player they really like. The Broncos are in a win-now mode. If they decide that, for example, Mosely, is just the LBer they need to really stabilize the LB corps and need to move up 10 spots to grab him then ok. Fact is, this Broncos team has a lot of talent already. Yes, there's some holes, but it's not like this team has to draft 3-4 impact players to be competitive. The Broncos instead may just need one more player on defense to bring it all together on that side of the ball.
Mettenberger and Carr were the two QB's I wanted to fall and have us draft in the 2nd-4th round.
I like Brock, I think Dysert is a nice developmental QB.
But I know it will only take one injury to Peyton to have us be QB needy.

I think Mettenberger gets snatched up in the mid 2nd depending on who gets a QB in the first.
It honestly would not shock me to see him or McCarron be the 5th or 6th QB in the first for a team that comes back into the first.
Lestat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 04:54 PM   #322
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 10,503
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeABoss5820 View Post
I'd go DT over DE if we go DL.

We have enough DE's under contract next year.

DT, not so much.

Have said before DT could be a surprise pick depending who drops.
I have no problem with either. I like a lot of the DT's and DE's that should be around at our pick.

We are a heavy rotational team and as such need as much depth as possible.
Hell we all saw the impact of a top notch front 7 and depth behind it.
You can never have too many quality players in the trenches.
Lestat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 04:54 PM   #323
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer
 
LikeABoss5820's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 3,547

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
I agree and I can see Mettenberger being snagged in the first round, if he hadn't gotten injured he might very well be the top QB of this class. Some team is going to grab him the question is, how long before he's taken?

Also, I'd be fine if the Broncos trade up in the first round for a player they really like. The Broncos are in a win-now mode. If they decide that, for example, Mosely, is just the LBer they need to really stabilize the LB corps and need to move up 10 spots to grab him then ok. Fact is, this Broncos team has a lot of talent already. Yes, there's some holes, but it's not like this team has to draft 3-4 impact players to be competitive. The Broncos instead may just need one more player on defense to bring it all together on that side of the ball.
Given the amount of FA's next year, i'd trade back if anything and try to have 7-8 cheap rookies on the team.

Before you say, there arent many roster spots, that is not true.

I can see 1-2 CB's, 1 OL, 1 DT, 1 LB, 1 RB, 1 WR make the team.
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 04:56 PM   #324
BMORE
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,832

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

We don't need to take a RT early. Clark, Justice, and Painter will compete at RT. I don't see a rookie beating out Clark. To me it's an unnecessary waste of resources. I'm all for adding OL, ideally not in the first, unless it's a LT.

LG is a plug and play spot, it's not like you need to draft Sua-Filo in the first, when a Gabe Jackson in the second, or Dakota Dozier in the third could be plug and play ready.

I don't see Sua-Filo as this amazing prospect.
BMORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 04:56 PM   #325
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 24,365

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Ealy or Lawrence are fine with me at #31. If I had to take a guess, we trade down and we go for Crichton. A few months ago I was stoked that Lawrence/Crichton would be available at our second rounder. . . probably not so much anymore.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:06 PM.


Denver Broncos