The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2014, 11:12 PM   #276
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

I think the Patriots are going to draft Tuitt at #29. That would suck.
pricejj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 11:27 PM   #277
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

He's sorta similar to Malik/Wolfe.
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 11:59 PM   #278
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeABoss5820 View Post
He's sorta similar to Malik/Wolfe.
He's better than both, and 3-tech is all they need to be a dominant Defense. Either Tuitt or Ward. I'll just focus on the positive. Hope we roundhouse kick those fools out of the playoffs again.
pricejj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 12:34 AM   #279
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Teddy, Bortles, Carr, Manziel (this might be the teller if anyone can drop to us or not)

Watkins, Evans, OBJ, Cooks, Lee/Latimer?

Ebron, MAYBE Amaro or ASJ.

Lewan, Robinson, Matthews, Martin, XSF, Moses.

Barr, Mack, Clowney, Ealy/Lawrence?

Shazier, Mosely.

Fuller, Dennard, Gilbert, Verrett.

Dix, Pryor.

Donald, Nix, Hageman, Tuitt.

Thats around 30-33.

Who would fall?

Ealy, Lawrence, Ford, maybe Moses.

A lot depends with the QB's but slim pickings.
Old 04-30-2014, 10:00 AM   #280
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

I think 5 QB's go in the 1st.
Bortles, Bridgewater, Manziel, Carr IMO all go before pick #21, I think someone will pop Garappolo or Savage in the late 1st.

ASJ probably falls to the 2nd due to the medicals, Amaro is a wildcard, he may go 1st but more than likely slides to 2nd.

I think Roby goes in addition to the 4 CB's you listed.

I think Ward goes in the first after Dix and maybe before Pryor depending on the team.

There will be real value there but I would hope that we trade up for either Mosley,Fuller or Dennard.
Hell if Barr somehow fell I wouldn't mind that.
Lestat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 10:33 AM   #281
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson

If we could trade back a few spots would be the best possible situation. If Browns skip QB with their picks other 1st round picks. Trading with them would make the most sense. But for that to happen the top 4 QB's must be gone by pick 26.
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 11:10 AM   #282
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
I think 5 QB's go in the 1st.
Bortles, Bridgewater, Manziel, Carr IMO all go before pick #21, I think someone will pop Garappolo or Savage in the late 1st.

ASJ probably falls to the 2nd due to the medicals, Amaro is a wildcard, he may go 1st but more than likely slides to 2nd.

I think Roby goes in addition to the 4 CB's you listed.

I think Ward goes in the first after Dix and maybe before Pryor depending on the team.

There will be real value there but I would hope that we trade up for either Mosley,Fuller or Dennard.
Hell if Barr somehow fell I wouldn't mind that.
The more QBs that go in the first, the better for us. I'm hoping both the Jags and Browns go QB so the other QB needy teams start to panic, but that means Sammy Watkins would be available for the Raid; which would suck.

I think the Bucs could go QB in the first, and so could the Vikes. It would be a dream come true if the Raiders took either Manziel or Bridgewater to really turn up the heat and possibly suck Carr, and maybe even Garropolo into the first.

Every QB taken upgrades the value of our pick; hopefully Bortles, Manziel, Carr, Bridgewater, and Garropolo all go in the first.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 11:23 AM   #283
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
The more QBs that go in the first, the better for us. I'm hoping both the Jags and Browns go QB so the other QB needy teams start to panic, but that means Sammy Watkins would be available for the Raid; which would suck.

I think the Bucs could go QB in the first, and so could the Vikes. It would be a dream come true if the Raiders took either Manziel or Bridgewater to really turn up the heat and possibly suck Carr, and maybe even Garropolo into the first.

Every QB taken upgrades the value of our pick; hopefully Bortles, Manziel, Carr, Bridgewater, and Garropolo all go in the first.
I think the Browns, Vikes, Jags take a QB for sure unless the draft falls a certain way.
The Texans, Bucs, Raiders & Cowboys are wildcards.
I don't think Carr last past pick #20. He is in the first.
The question is does he go ahead of a Manziel, Bridewater or Bortles should they start falling.

I would think the Bucs would take a QB considering they have next to nothing on the roster but Lovie has gone without a top notch QB before.

The Raiders just got Schaub so who knows. The Texans should take Clowney but I also believe they could trade back into the first to grab a QB later on.

The Cowboys, who the **** knows with them. I wouldn't be stunned to see them take Manziel but they have so many holes to fix.
Lestat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 11:31 AM   #284
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Actually, you want teams to be passing on QBs early, which would give us prime ability to trade down if one of them are there are #31 for a team who needs one. They get the fifth-year option, we get to move back and accumulate picks. I honestly think only two QBs would go in the Top 10 as of right now. I will be SHOCKED to see anyone move up for a QB early, but believe there will be scrambles for QBs after the 20s hit the board.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 11:35 AM   #285
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Actually, you want teams to be passing on QBs early, which would give us prime ability to trade down if one of them are there are #31 for a team who needs one. They get the fifth-year option, we get to move back and accumulate picks. I honestly think only two QBs would go in the Top 10 as of right now. I will be SHOCKED to see anyone move up for a QB early, but believe there will be scrambles for QBs after the 20s hit the board.
I agree to an extent to this but it depends who is there when we pick, but trading out makes sense.

Unless someone unexpected falls to us.
Old 04-30-2014, 11:37 AM   #286
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
I think the Browns, Vikes, Jags take a QB for sure unless the draft falls a certain way.
The Texans, Bucs, Raiders & Cowboys are wildcards.
I don't think Carr last past pick #20. He is in the first.
The question is does he go ahead of a Manziel, Bridewater or Bortles should they start falling.

I would think the Bucs would take a QB considering they have next to nothing on the roster but Lovie has gone without a top notch QB before.

The Raiders just got Schaub so who knows. The Texans should take Clowney but I also believe they could trade back into the first to grab a QB later on.

The Cowboys, who the **** knows with them. I wouldn't be stunned to see them take Manziel but they have so many holes to fix.
I think the Vikes are the only team who may go QB in the Top 10.

Maybe the Bucs but they are in sorta win-now mode.

Jags/Browns at least at 4 i dont think go QB.

Cards could be a sleeper to take a QB if one is there.
Old 04-30-2014, 11:55 AM   #287
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Someone will move up to take a QB there if none of the top 10 want one. Bortles in particular.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 12:02 PM   #288
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:

Maybe the Bucs but they are in sorta win-now mode.

Jags/Browns at least at 4 i dont think go QB.

Cards could be a sleeper to take a QB if one is there.
Everything I gather about the Vikings makes me feel like they aren't going to go with a QB in round one. I think the team realizes they could use an impact player right away on defense or offense, as opposed to a guy they know is going to sit for a year.

I am pretty sure they will keep Cassel as their starter and just groom the guy they draft. They STB with Ponder and don't need to go through that again. I see Zimmer getting a defensive player first, then Norv getting his pick of a QB in the second or in a move up. Spielman is active, and they have an extra pick (3rd) from Percy to do it.
Old 04-30-2014, 12:11 PM   #289
phibacka31
Ring of Famer

Leggo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
Everything I gather about the Vikings makes me feel like they aren't going to go with a QB in round one. I think the team realizes they could use an impact player right away on defense or offense, as opposed to a guy they know is going to sit for a year.

I am pretty sure they will keep Cassel as their starter and just groom the guy they draft. They STB with Ponder and don't need to go through that again. I see Zimmer getting a defensive player first, then Norv getting his pick of a QB in the second or in a move up. Spielman is active, and they have an extra pick (3rd) from Percy to do it.
Unless Mosley or shazier or denard or Gilbert are there at 31 trading out for high 2nd & a 3rd would be saweet and who knows if they're real desperate maybe even throw in more
phibacka31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 12:18 PM   #290
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by phibacka31 View Post
Unless Mosley or shazier or denard or Gilbert are there at 31 trading out for high 2nd & a 3rd would be saweet and who knows if they're real desperate maybe even throw in more
They should get more compensation by virtue of a first rounder getting a fifth year option.
Old 04-30-2014, 12:31 PM   #291
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Signs are pointing for the 49ers to move up and get a WR. Sounds like they like Odell Beckham. I wonder how far they would have to move up to get him.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 12:31 PM   #292
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Signs are pointing for the 49ers to move up and get a WR. Sounds like they like Odell Beckham. I wonder how far they would have to move up to get him.
Top 15 because the Steelers WILL draft him if he is available.
Old 04-30-2014, 12:32 PM   #293
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by phibacka31 View Post
They better get more than they did a few years ago when they just got a 2nd/4th by moving back.

I can maybe see Shazier there, minus that i dont know much will be there for us.
Old 04-30-2014, 12:36 PM   #294
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
I think they'll go Dennard or Gilbert if they are there.

But SF has the ammo to move up with not alot of roster spots open.
Old 04-30-2014, 12:56 PM   #295
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
I can see that. Honestly I wouldn't be shocked to seen him go in the top 10. I'm not suggesting he is worth that though. The QBs are that much of a wildcard IMO.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 01:09 PM   #296
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
31. Denver Broncos

Safe route: David Yankey, OG, Stanford

With Zane Beadles off to Jacksonville, and a predominant need to protect Peyton Manning at all costs, the defending AFC champs would do well to pick Yankey if he’s on the board here. He’s not an elite athlete, but he understands every blocking concept possible, and he’s played outside at tackle as well — which the Broncos might consider with former right tackle Orlando Franklin trying his hand at guard this upcoming season. – DF

Surprise route: Allen Robinson, WR, Penn State

A stockpile of Demaryius Thomas, Wes Welker and Emmanuel Sanders (with Andre Caldwell off the bench) leaves Denver in enviable shape at receiver. Robinson, who can line up outside or in the slot, would provide an incredible No. 4 option and a fallback option should Wes Welker suffer an injury or leave as a free agent after 2014. – CB
http://nfl.si.com/2014/04/29/2014-nf...or-surprise/4/

Quote:
31. Denver Broncos: Zack Martin, G/T, Notre Dame

Martin’s immediate future is likely at the guard spot, which just happens to be one of the trouble spots for Denver. That Martin is capable of serving as insurance for the tackle spot — LT Ryan Clady is coming back from a season-ending Lisfranc injury — seals the deal. — CB
http://nfl.si.com/2014/04/25/2014-nf...aft-twitter/2/

Last edited by TonyR; 04-30-2014 at 01:11 PM..
TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 01:14 PM   #297
BMORE
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I would cringe at any of those picks...

We don't need a first round WR nor Guard.
BMORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 01:22 PM   #298
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMORE View Post
We don't need a first round WR nor Guard.
I fully agree on WR. But G would not surprise me after the beating our OL took in the Super Bowl. I'm of the opinion that OL was probably the biggest reason we got beat so badly, and if they feel there's somebody at #31 who could step in and start and be an upgrade before the season is over then I would understand the pick. What I admittedly have no clue about is whether or not any of these guys fit that bill or, if they did, if they'd be available at that pick.
TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 01:24 PM   #299
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
I think they'll go Dennard or Gilbert if they are there.

But SF has the ammo to move up with not alot of roster spots open.
Steelers love Beckham and Dennard. My statement was under the assumption that Dennard is off the board (I have him slated earlier) and with Beckham being left.
Old 04-30-2014, 01:38 PM   #300
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
I fully agree on WR. But G would not surprise me after the beating our OL took in the Super Bowl. I'm of the opinion that OL was probably the biggest reason we got beat so badly, and if they feel there's somebody at #31 who could step in and start and be an upgrade before the season is over then I would understand the pick. What I admittedly have no clue about is whether or not any of these guys fit that bill or, if they did, if they'd be available at that pick.
Never hurts to have line depth no matter what. The WR would shock me, but i do really like Allen Robinson.
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote