The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2014, 10:26 AM   #151
B-Large
Ring of Famer

Expunged... Accidently?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverDynamite View Post
I hate watching football with anyone who isn't emotionally invested in the Broncos. Around the holidays this becomes harder to avoid. My family has actually gotten pissed at me because I will always choose the game over ANY family event. To me, I think it is disrepectful. I don't tell them not to enjoy their lame hobbies and I respect their wishes in regards to how they want to schedule and spend their free time. But, because my passion revolves around something that to them is "just a game," my priorities are mocked and minimalized.
Just indentify things they like, and when the time comes, make their expereince miserable.

Should you be the bigger person, perhaps.... but were talking Orange and Blue here... no revenge is too sweet
B-Large is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 10:28 AM   #152
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Essentially, anyone who falls under the umbrella of the following quote:

"Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part".

And, it most certainly applies to drivers on the road, since we seem to be complaining a lot about driving.

Didn't plan your commute properly? Going to be late to work? Your problem, not mine. I am not going to act outside the law or common sense to help resolve your emergency.
Fedaykin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 11:22 AM   #153
DenverDynamite
Seasoned Veteran

HORSE POWER!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DeMarcus Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Large View Post
Just indentify things they like, and when the time comes, make their expereince miserable.

Should you be the bigger person, perhaps.... but were talking Orange and Blue here... no revenge is too sweet
The thing is, is I'm not really a fan of other sports. This means that during the offseason, my weekends are open, and I really do try to be accomodating from early February all the way up to really early September. But once the regular season starts my Sundays are BOOKED! My wife is very understanding, it's my in-laws and my own family that will occasionally try to slip something in on orange Sundays.
The thing is I understand life goes on... go ahead and schedule the lame birthday party/holiday gathering/pumpkin patch crap during the game... just understand all I will send is a gift (if applicable) and my best wishes.
DenverDynamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 11:24 AM   #154
Bronco
Perennial Pro-bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Talib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedaykin View Post
Essentially, anyone who falls under the umbrella of the following quote:

"Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part".

And, it most certainly applies to drivers on the road, since we seem to be complaining a lot about driving.

Didn't plan your commute properly? Going to be late to work? Your problem, not mine. I am not going to act outside the law or common sense to help resolve your emergency.
Stay right except to pass. I pride myself in being punctual and prepared for everything as well but I'm not going to stick it the world because of the possibility somebody else isn't, that's pretty much the definition of an a-hole.
Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 11:33 AM   #155
DenverDynamite
Seasoned Veteran

HORSE POWER!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DeMarcus Ware

In regards to the passing lane, which seems to be a hot topic:
Look, I get the passing lane is for passing only. The thing is most of my driving is on I25 during rush hour when traffic can go from 65 to zero in an instant. I will drive in the left lane doing ten over the speed limit... as long as I'm passing all the traffic to the right of me I say I have a right to be in that lane... **** the asshat who thinks they have a right to drive thirty over the limit and expects me to slow down and merge back into slower traffic to accomdate their self-entitled ass... it's not the f-ing autobahn.

Last edited by DenverDynamite; 04-15-2014 at 11:37 AM..
Old 04-15-2014, 11:52 AM   #156
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

Quote:
Look, I get the passing lane is for passing only. The thing is most of my driving is on I25 during rush hour when traffic can go from 65 to zero in an instant. I will drive in the left lane doing ten over the speed limit... as long as I'm passing all the traffic to the right of me I say I have a right to be in that lane... **** the asshat who thinks they have a right to drive thirty over the limit and expects me to slow down and merge back into slower traffic to accomdate their self-entitled ass... it's not the f-ing autobahn.
Agreed
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 12:16 PM   #157
Pick Six
Armchair Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powderaddict View Post
That dickbag who sees all the signs saying the two lanes are merging into one, speeds up and goes flying by everyone who got over in time, then tries to push his way in at the last second.
I work for a construction company, so that one in PARTICULAR ticks me off. The MOMENT you see that a lane is closed, work on merging over. I can usually tell the idiots who purposefully ignore those warnings, in order to get ahead of the traffic that actually heeded those warnings. I do NOT let those people in, but a lot of people do let those people in. I guess that's another pet peeve of mine...
Pick Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 12:16 PM   #158
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Run for it Marty!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

Quote:
I agree with this completely as well. If you're doing 70-75 in a 65 and you are passing steady slower moving traffic to the right, the guy who runs up your tail pipe at 85 cannot complain.

That said, when the opportunity is there to get over so it does not effect your speed, you do it.
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 12:42 PM   #159
DenverDynamite
Seasoned Veteran

HORSE POWER!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DeMarcus Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Stout View Post
I agree with this completely as well. If you're doing 70-75 in a 65 and you are passing steady slower moving traffic to the right, the guy who runs up your tail pipe at 85 cannot complain.

That said, when the opportunity is there to get over so it does not effect your speed, you do it.
Eh.... it is the dickholes who speed excessivly and tailgate who cause 99% of the accidents on the freeway. It's because of them that I spend so much time on the road daily.

They can die.
Old 04-15-2014, 12:53 PM   #160
Husky Jerk
Solid Starter

If you are in the right lane and get in the left to pass, usually a speeder will wait patiently for you to get over within reason. If you have been in the left lane for the last 10 damn miles with no attempt to get in the right lane even when there is no traffic then you are gonna get your rear end ridden on. That guy has been watching you for at least a mile and knows what your plan is normally. I always let faster drivers past even if I have to slow down for a second. Faster drivers make excellent radar detectors.
Husky Jerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 01:09 PM   #161
Pick Six
Armchair Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Husky Jerk View Post
If you are in the right lane and get in the left to pass, usually a speeder will wait patiently for you to get over within reason. If you have been in the left lane for the last 10 damn miles with no attempt to get in the right lane even when there is no traffic then you are gonna get your rear end ridden on. That guy has been watching you for at least a mile and knows what your plan is normally. I always let faster drivers past even if I have to slow down for a second. Faster drivers make excellent radar detectors.
Ah...BINGO. If those idiots want to chance getting pulled over, I absolutely let them. If a cop is busy with Mr. or Mrs. Leadfoot, they aren't looking at me...
Pick Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 01:44 PM   #162
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powderaddict View Post
I also hate that guy who you just met, that doesn't really like football and obviously doesn't know anything about it, but starts rooting for the other team and gets all loud and obnoxious when your team does something stupid.
Also known as Ohio State fans.
Old 04-15-2014, 02:23 PM   #163
DenverDynamite
Seasoned Veteran

HORSE POWER!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DeMarcus Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Husky Jerk View Post
That's a great point... however I have never once gotten this satisfaction. It would seem the only time cops are pulling over speeders in my experience is when I am driving down a hill off the freeway and I'm accidently doing 45 in a 35... then they are jumping out of trees with radar detectors.
Old 04-15-2014, 03:31 PM   #164
91BRONCO
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Patriot fans. Nuff said
91BRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 03:47 PM   #165
crush17
"Born A Broncos Fan"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rick Upchurch

Root canals.

**** is horrible. Had my first one on Friday.
crush17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 05:00 PM   #166
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by crush17 View Post
Root canals.

**** is horrible. Had my first one on Friday.
Not that I liked it but it was just a lot of flying tooth onto my face and took at least two hours to do. Inconvenience of time but not much pain. Novacaine works! Why I try to get to dentist twice a year.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 05:43 PM   #167
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Not that I liked it but it was just a lot of flying tooth onto my face and took at least two hours to do. Inconvenience of time but not much pain. Novacaine works! Why I try to get to dentist twice a year.
Damn, you need to find a better dentist. I recently had a bunch of dental work done, I had all my front top and bottom teeth pulled,along with 3 root canals and 8 stitches and temps put in place all in 2 1/2 - 3 hrs.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 05:47 PM   #168
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
Damn, you need to find a better dentist. I recently had a bunch of dental work done, I had all my front top and bottom teeth pulled,along with 3 root canals and 8 stitches and temps put in place all in 2 1/2 - 3 hrs.

You must really like sugar.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 06:04 PM   #169
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

People who don't flush the urinal/toilet when finished. Is it really that hard?

Lazy Co-workers.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 06:06 PM   #170
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
I hate watching football with anyone who isn't emotionally invested in the Broncos.
I like watching football with anyone who is emotionally invested in any team, but I can't stand watching with people who are more emotionally involved with their fantasy squad than they are an actual team. That crap drives me nuts.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 06:15 PM   #171
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
I like watching football with anyone who is emotionally invested in any team, but I can't stand watching with people who are more emotionally involved with their fantasy squad than they are an actual team. That crap drives me nuts.
Think that's bad,try watching a broncos game at a bar with another broncos fan only to realize he's a tebow fan.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 06:21 PM   #172
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco View Post
Stay right except to pass. I pride myself in being punctual and prepared for everything as well but I'm not going to stick it the world because of the possibility somebody else isn't, that's pretty much the definition of an a-hole.
Staying on the right except to pass would fall under the both legal and common sense rather than illegal or lack of common sense.

On the other hand, for example, riding my ass trying to get me to go above the speed limit through school zones = illegal and stupid. You're late, suck it up and plan better in the future.
Fedaykin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 06:28 PM   #173
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
You must really like sugar.
Meth mouth.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 06:48 PM   #174
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

I really only have one rule in life which applies to anything when it comes down to it. Breaking that rule, pisses me off. I know I will sound a little "lighten up Francis" here but my rule is, don't (eff) **** with my (poop) ****.

It can apply to anything. Cut me off? You're ****ing with my ****. Leave me without TP? Literally, ****ing with my ****.

I am going to write a book one day called, don't **** with my ****.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 07:56 PM   #175
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

When I order something at a restaurant and it makes a ruckus of some sort as it is brought to the table. For instance: fajitas when they come out sizzling. I don't know why but that irritates the bejesus out of me. Last week I had a nice steak dinner and ordered a brandy Alexander on a whim for desert, and sure enough I could hear the waitress loudly tumbling it from across the entire restaurant as she walked towards my table. "Goddamnit that's gotta be mine" was all I could say. Hate that.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote