The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2014, 12:44 PM   #351
baja
Elite Sissie

Because

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
I actually hate those signs. I can understand Baby R Us having them but a grocery store? Screw that. I don't care if someone parks in it as an non baby popping women.
No sympathy for a very pregnant woman struggling with a full shopping cart looking for her car in the back of the lot.

Guess you stay seated on a subway or bus and let the pregnant women stand cause you got there first.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 12:45 PM   #352
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

People who "enter" the door marked "exit" and "exit" in the door marked "enter"...

This is another instance when my a-hole-ish side emerges. If I see someone try to go in the wrong door, I walk in the MIDDLE of the doorway. This way, they can't sneak past me. They either have to go in the CORRECT door, or wait until I finish exiting the doorway. Grocery stores are a perfect example of what I mean...
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 12:47 PM   #353
Rolling Thunder
Just Drafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Modern art.
Rolling Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 12:49 PM   #354
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
No sympathy for a very pregnant woman struggling with a full shopping cart looking for her car in the back of the lot.

Guess you stay seated on a subway or bus and let the pregnant women stand cause you got there first.
She has the support of the cart to go the extra 40 feet. Stores can do what they want but doesn't mean I have to like them. Should there be prego signs for restuarants? How about ball games? Gas stations need to pump for pregnant women ? How about we just open it up for all overweight and pregnant people? Grocery store is catering to all people. Taking away 4 spots next to the handicap spots (that are already rarely used) means we all have to park farther and hall our groceries further away.

Also, I drive so no need for subway or bus. You can figure out if I would allow them to sit since it is so much the exact same thing as your Prego signs at the grocery store.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 12:51 PM   #355
baja
Elite Sissie

Because

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushaholic View Post
People who "enter" the door marked "exit" and "exit" in the door marked "enter"...

This is another instance when my a-hole-ish side emerges. If I see someone try to go in the wrong door, I walk in the MIDDLE of the doorway. This way, they can't sneak past me. They either have to go in the CORRECT door, or wait until I finish exiting the doorway. Grocery stores are a perfect example of what I mean...
Speaking of grocery stores how about when you are heading for the 10 items or less express lane only to have a scowling entitled person race to get in front of you with a loaded to the gills shopping cart.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 12:52 PM   #356
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Speaking of grocery stores how about when you are heading for the 10 items or less express lane only to have a scowling untitled person race to get in front of you with a loaded to the gills shopping cart.
I say something to them or the clerk. If they want to continue to have them served, I ask to go ahead of them. Sometimes, they don't see the sign so I try not to be rude (like I am acting to some in the last page).
Old 04-22-2014, 12:59 PM   #357
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
She has the support of the cart to go the extra 40 feet. Stores can do what they want but doesn't mean I have to like them. Should there be prego signs for restuarants? How about ball games? Gas stations need to pump for pregnant women ? How about we just open it up for all overweight and pregnant people? Grocery store is catering to all people. Taking away 4 spots next to the handicap spots (that are already rarely used) means we all have to park farther and hall our groceries further away.

Also, I drive so no need for subway or bus. You can figure out if I would allow them to sit since it is so much the exact same thing as your Prego signs at the grocery store.

So walking that extra 40 feet is that big of a deal?

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 01:11 PM   #358
SleepingTiger
Ring of Famer

Ole J

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tony Carter

Quote:

my wife is pregnant right now and that 40ft makes a big difference. when their ankles, knees swell up, their back is in pain, its a big deal. my wife has the luxury of having me go to the grocery for her sometimes, but what about single moms with kids.

women mainly go grocery shopping, so i can understand why grocery stores, babies r us would have pregnant designated parking spots. look at fry's electronic, they got parking spots designated for cops. its not like they can walk the 40 ft.
SleepingTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 01:19 PM   #359
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepingTiger View Post
my wife is pregnant right now and that 40ft makes a big difference. when their ankles, knees swell up, their back is in pain, its a big deal. my wife has the luxury of having me go to the grocery for her sometimes, but what about single moms with kids.

women mainly go grocery shopping, so i can understand why grocery stores, babies r us would have pregnant designated parking spots. look at fry's electronic, they got parking spots designated for cops. its not like they can walk the 40 ft.
I didn't know that about Fry's. That is full of bull**** and would love for a regular customer to park in that spot. If you see a "Expecting Mothers" sign in a grocery store lot, don't you think the fatso that won't walk the extra 40 feet will park their car in the spot? I understand the pregnant lady situation. My wife had two kids but while it is hard the last few months, I am already seeing unused handicap spots. It is just a pet peeve. I don't park in them because it is the business doing and I am shopping there. I just don't care if someone else parks in that spot. I wouldn't say anything like I would if someone parked in a handicapped spot that was running into the store.
Old 04-22-2014, 01:37 PM   #360
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Zipper merge sign was put up in I believe Seattle or some place in Washington. It showed the proper merging of one car per lane (like a zipper). Traffic improved. I will cheat but only merge into next lane (say going on freeway that starts with a curve so traffic is slower than the freeway you are currently on) in front of a slow car or better, spot a big rig as they never can catch up once traffic moves. The cheaters that stop other lane traffic and then try to squeeze into your lane are the ones I shun and not let in. They can get behind me or get off at the next exit (like I would do if I tried to cheat and couldn't find a break in the traffic). If you are going to "cheat" then do it correctly so it doesn't slow anyone down.
You just don't get it, do you? You don't realize how stupid it is to, as you said, "shun" a car from a merge, "not let them in". What the **** you think a merge is?

You need to get your head out of your ass.

YOU'RE the guy ****ing up traffic, not some guy trying to merge.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 01:44 PM   #361
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
Speaking of grocery stores how about when you are heading for the 10 items or less express lane only to have a scowling entitled person race to get in front of you with a loaded to the gills shopping cart.
Gee whiz. I probably AM more of an a-hole than I think. Sometimes, I like to count the number of items that the people have in front of me in the express lane. I point and count, just to make it known that I'm upset...
Old 04-22-2014, 10:04 PM   #362
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
You just don't get it, do you? You don't realize how stupid it is to, as you said, "shun" a car from a merge, "not let them in". What the **** you think a merge is?

You need to get your head out of your ass.

YOU'RE the guy ****ing up traffic, not some guy trying to merge.
I knew you would love that. No, a-holes wait. These are guys from the right lane that come out of our lane and try to jump the gun by going into the left lane and then try getting over back to the right in non moving traffic. They don't have the skills to do it so they will not be getting in front of me. They can get behind me but I don't allow those dumb asses to get in. If I allowed all these to go ahead of me then I would never get to my destination on time. There is a difference of two left lanes merging together and some A-hole in the left lane and jumps to the right lane to go up 40 yards. He better be certain he can get over while traffic is moving.
Old 04-23-2014, 10:21 AM   #363
B-Large
Ring of Famer

Expunged... Accidently?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

When I watch out the window all work day and it is sunny and beautiful, then the minute I am heading home it clouds up, the wind nearly blows you over and the even getting kind of crappy.

What that about?
B-Large is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 11:27 AM   #364
Cito Pelon

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
I knew you would love that. No, a-holes wait. These are guys from the right lane that come out of our lane and try to jump the gun by going into the left lane and then try getting over back to the right in non moving traffic. They don't have the skills to do it so they will not be getting in front of me. They can get behind me but I don't allow those dumb asses to get in. If I allowed all these to go ahead of me then I would never get to my destination on time. There is a difference of two left lanes merging together and some A-hole in the left lane and jumps to the right lane to go up 40 yards. He better be certain he can get over while traffic is moving.
Quote:
These are guys from the right lane that come out of our lane and try to jump the gun by going into the left lane and then try getting over back to the right in non moving traffic.
Well, I think you don't understand the zippermerge concept. Spdirty clearly doesn't and pretty much whoever agreed with Powderaddict.

Let me tell you about the dumbest merge I've ever seen in my life, and you and others can make comments.

Two-into-one construction zone. 55 mph speed limit, a suburban divided road, two 55 mph lanes in each direction. I come up on the congestion, and cars are lined up in ONE LANE, ONE LANE for about a mile. I kid you not, they are at a complete standstill in ONE LANE, meanwhile there is an OPEN LANE nobody is using. For about a mile.

Being highly intelligent, I used the open lane and slowly cruised past about 400 dumbasses, some of whom made some threatening moves to try and block me. They're too stupid to jump in right behind me and get traffic moving again. Or even jump in ahead of me and get the traffic moving again.

I get close to the actual merge point, slow down even more, wait until "our lane" as you stated gets moving again, then I match my speed to "our lane" and sure enough somebody with a brain between his ears matches his speed to mine and lets me in instead of bringing traffic to a standstill again by trying to cut me off.

And voila, my section of the merge gets moving again.

Eh, read up on it you'll see it's the best merging technique. https://www.google.com/#q=zipper+merge

The "line up in one lane, come to a complete standstill, then try to block anybody from merging" method is the worst.

Last edited by Cito Pelon; 04-23-2014 at 11:31 AM..
Old 04-23-2014, 11:33 AM   #365
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

What pisses me off?

two things:

-Intolerance for other people's cultures

and

-The Dutch
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 11:44 AM   #366
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
Well, I think you don't understand the zippermerge concept. Spdirty clearly doesn't and pretty much whoever agreed with Powderaddict.

Let me tell you about the dumbest merge I've ever seen in my life, and you and others can make comments.

Two-into-one construction zone. 55 mph speed limit, a suburban divided road, two 55 mph lanes in each direction. I come up on the congestion, and cars are lined up in ONE LANE, ONE LANE for about a mile. I kid you not, they are at a complete standstill in ONE LANE, meanwhile there is an OPEN LANE nobody is using. For about a mile.

Being highly intelligent, I used the open lane and slowly cruised past about 400 dumbasses, some of whom made some threatening moves to try and block me. They're too stupid to jump in right behind me and get traffic moving again. Or even jump in ahead of me and get the traffic moving again.

I get close to the actual merge point, slow down even more, wait until "our lane" as you stated gets moving again, then I match my speed to "our lane" and sure enough somebody with a brain between his ears matches his speed to mine and lets me in instead of bringing traffic to a standstill again by trying to cut me off.

And voila, my section of the merge gets moving again.

Eh, read up on it you'll see it's the best merging technique. https://www.google.com/#q=zipper+merge

The "line up in one lane, come to a complete standstill, then try to block anybody from merging" method is the worst.
I understand it and your concept of "a mile back" is different that these are circumstances I described. If there is a merge lane that is slowing the right hand lane down, that has nothing to do with the other 3 lanes going straight. The slow lane is for those getting off and those waiting to get into the other 3 lanes. I understand the zipper technique and think there should be signs where this **** always occurs to let the drivers know it works. I already stated that earlier. Those that drive on the emergency lane 100 yards past the merge zone are going to piss some people off.
Old 04-23-2014, 12:01 PM   #367
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Signs are posted "Road work ahead" and "_ lane closed ahead". That's ABSOLUTELY the time to merge, instead of getting right up to the barriers and forcing your way in. It's common courtesy to the people who did it the correct way, and saves potential accidents from people rear-ending others who are trying to get ahead of the line...
Old 04-23-2014, 12:21 PM   #368
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

You should have let me sleep!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Some of you would hate me. I use as much of my merge lane as possible. This is because if you use a blinker to merge, 80% of the world speeds up to not let you in. This is a deplorable because it not only shows you to be a selfish tool, but it discourages people from using turn signals in general, which is one of my pet peeves.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 12:24 PM   #369
B-Large
Ring of Famer

Expunged... Accidently?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
What pisses me off?

two things:

-Intolerance for other people's cultures

and

-The Dutch

The Dutch. Yuck.
Old 04-23-2014, 12:24 PM   #370
B-Large
Ring of Famer

Expunged... Accidently?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Some of you would hate me. I use as much of my merge lane as possible. This is because if you use a blinker to merge, 80% of the world speeds up to not let you in. This is a deplorable because it not only shows you to be a selfish tool, but it discourages people from using turn signals in general, which is one of my pet peeves.
are people *****, or just distratced and oblivious?
Old 04-23-2014, 12:27 PM   #371
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!

Quote:

I would be fine with letting preggers park in handicap spaces. My wife is currently big as a house and struggles to get a round. Add the coming Texas heat and it really becomes a challenge.
Drunk Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 12:33 PM   #372
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

You should have let me sleep!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Large View Post
are people *****, or just distratced and oblivious?
Yes.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 12:33 PM   #373
B-Large
Ring of Famer

Expunged... Accidently?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepingTiger View Post

yes they do, so they can make sandwiches.

Simple courtesy for pregnant women, elderly, etc- i like that kind of stuff.
Old 04-23-2014, 12:35 PM   #374
B-Large
Ring of Famer

Expunged... Accidently?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I don't get "we're pregnant"... why do people say that?

oh, and people who think they have identified irony, and point it out, while the whole time its happenstance or coindidence. My dad mames Irony, he doesn't have a clue what it is, but claims many things to be Ironic.
Old 04-23-2014, 01:21 PM   #375
Cito Pelon

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushaholic View Post
Signs are posted "Road work ahead" and "_ lane closed ahead". That's ABSOLUTELY the time to merge, instead of getting right up to the barriers and forcing your way in. It's common courtesy to the people who did it the correct way, and saves potential accidents from people rear-ending others who are trying to get ahead of the line...
Oh lord, another guy that just doesn't have any common sense. Read the links and give it some thought, maybe you'll figure it out some day.

https://www.google.com/#q=zipper+merge